BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-14-2009, 02:15 PM   #23
skim7x
Use it or Lose it
United_States
80

 
skim7x's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Clifton, NJ


Posts: 2,461
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterp7 View Post
I had a G35 Coupe 6MT. Sounds very promising with the improvements made over the older design. I should go check one out.
I had the G35 coupe also... loooooved it... although I always hated the 350z because of the cheap interior materials... and I personally don't like the look of the 370z... but that rev-matching is sweet... wish we had it in our cars, especially since the pedal positions are not conducive to heel-toe shifting
__________________
'07 Space Gray 335i coupe w/ Sports Package | Comfort Access

Cobb S1+ | PTF e30 custom tune | AMS | CP-e | BMS OCC | Quaife
[Newark Photoshoot #1]
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 11:04 AM   #24
Keiichi Tsuchiya
Enlisted Member
Japan
5

 
Keiichi Tsuchiya's Avatar
 
Drives: 1986 Toyota Sprinter Trueno
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tōmi, Nagano - Japan


Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Great review. Only thing I have to say about your review is one of the con listed as (40K) price tag.

With our struggling economy, most dealers are sellling the new 370Z at invoice or 500 above the invoice. Almost everyone is getting the car +- 500 invoice. So, you can actually get a touring 370Z with sports package for around 36K. ($31919+ $2602+ destination 695) = $35216.

As someone above said,
Quote:
For 28K there is few sportscar on the ground that match it's performance, drivibility and it's 'proper' sportscar driving experience. Neither the TTv6 or the Z4 3.0si offer the kind of rawness or performance you get from the Nissan and when either is specced the same their price is a heck of a bit more besides.
I agree with you 100%
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 06:41 PM   #25
Brandon26pdx
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
27

 
Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Portland, OR


Posts: 1,938
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi Tsuchiya View Post
Great review. Only thing I have to say about your review is one of the con listed as (40K) price tag.

With our struggling economy, most dealers are sellling the new 370Z at invoice or 500 above the invoice. Almost everyone is getting the car +- 500 invoice. So, you can actually get a touring 370Z with sports package for around 36K. ($31919+ $2602+ destination 695) = $35216.

As someone above said,


I agree with you 100%
Still a lot of money IMO.

I picked up my 08 350Z for $22,900 OTD recently. Now *that's* bang for the buck right there. I don't need convincing the 370 is better...I know it is on some key areas, but $10k+ better? No way. At least not in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 06:56 PM   #26
Amir87
Gruppe Titan
Pakistan
166

 
Amir87's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 SG/Coral
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NC


Posts: 2,839
iTrader: (37)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [5.00]
Give it a few years and a used 370Z is going to be hell of a bargain!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 07:15 PM   #27
Keiichi Tsuchiya
Enlisted Member
Japan
5

 
Keiichi Tsuchiya's Avatar
 
Drives: 1986 Toyota Sprinter Trueno
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tōmi, Nagano - Japan


Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon26pdx View Post
Still a lot of money IMO.

I picked up my 08 350Z for $22,900 OTD recently. Now *that's* bang for the buck right there. I don't need convincing the 370 is better...I know it is on some key areas, but $10k+ better? No way. At least not in my opinion.
Well that's a great bargain.

I have just picked up my 09 370Z with sports package and splash guards for $31, 594! It's $2231 below MSRP! 3 days ETA ...

This is basically me ----->
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #28
Brandon26pdx
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
27

 
Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Portland, OR


Posts: 1,938
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi Tsuchiya View Post
Well that's a great bargain.

I have just picked up my 09 370Z with sports package and splash guards for $31, 594! It's $2231 below MSRP! 3 days ETA ...

This is basically me ----->
It definitely raises the bar for performance vs. price in it's market segment. Porsche and everyone else will have to try a little harder now
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2009, 10:57 PM   #29
Keiichi Tsuchiya
Enlisted Member
Japan
5

 
Keiichi Tsuchiya's Avatar
 
Drives: 1986 Toyota Sprinter Trueno
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tōmi, Nagano - Japan


Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon26pdx View Post
It definitely raises the bar for performance vs. price in it's market segment. Porsche and everyone else will have to try a little harder now
Absolutely!

BTW, I suppose to get the car somewhere next month. Just got off the phone with my dealer. Car was just dropped off from the truck!!! Picking it up tomorrow!!! I won't be able to sleep tonight guys
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 04:50 PM   #30
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
107

 
blue2fire's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Location, Location, Location


Posts: 4,289
iTrader: (8)

Thanks for the Review. Pity i will never have a Nissan.
__________________

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST