BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-22-2008, 12:24 PM   #1
sparkyg
Brigadier General
sparkyg's Avatar
Canada
47
Rep
3,493
Posts

 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

iTrader: (5)

Question 2000 km Service BMW Canada only Changes Oil

So I spoke to BMWCA and we only get our oil changed meanwhile the US 1200 mile gets oil, tranny (on 6MT) and diff fluid. Some report getting air cleaner and the cabin air filter.

Anyone have any info or feedback on this. Seems we are getting shafted.

Thx
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 12:37 PM   #2
jbeene
Second Lieutenant
jbeene's Avatar
3
Rep
275
Posts

 
Drives: 11 E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (1)

I'm pretty sure mine had everything changed. I asked for an express appointment but they said they needed the car longer so they could change the filters, diff and tranny fluid.

I guess there is no way to verify that they actually did what they said they did but the SA specifically mentioned the tranny and diff fluid as being the reason that the car couldn't go in for a quickie express visit.
__________________
11 E90 M3
14 F31 328 xdrive
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 12:48 PM   #3
sparkyg
Brigadier General
sparkyg's Avatar
Canada
47
Rep
3,493
Posts

 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeene View Post
I'm pretty sure mine had everything changed. I asked for an express appointment but they said they needed the car longer so they could change the filters, diff and tranny fluid.

I guess there is no way to verify that they actually did what they said they did but the SA specifically mentioned the tranny and diff fluid as being the reason that the car couldn't go in for a quickie express visit.
When did you have your work done? I wonder is BMWCA has changed their tune with the $$ involved.

Did you go to Calg BMW?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 05:51 PM   #4
Gearhead999s
Major General
Gearhead999s's Avatar
93
Rep
6,814
Posts

 
Drives: F25 2.8d(wifes)F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
So I spoke to BMWCA and we only get our oil changed meanwhile the US 1200 mile gets oil, tranny (on 6MT) and diff fluid. Some report getting air cleaner and the cabin air filter.

Anyone have any info or feedback on this. Seems we are getting shafted.

Thx
In May when I had the 2000km done,all 3 fluids & filters were done including the oil & transmission(6mt) filters.They also replaced the diff fluid at 5000kms as I was was having chattering issues when the diff was hot.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 12:21 AM   #5
darklord
Ruler of the Universe
darklord's Avatar
Canada
5
Rep
399
Posts

 
Drives: 11 Silver Merc E63 (W212)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: GTA-ish

iTrader: (0)

All 3 fluids were changed with my 2K service 2 weeks ago...
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2008, 03:24 PM   #6
jbeene
Second Lieutenant
jbeene's Avatar
3
Rep
275
Posts

 
Drives: 11 E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
When did you have your work done? I wonder is BMWCA has changed their tune with the $$ involved.

Did you go to Calg BMW?
Yes, they were really good to me.

I pulled the invoice and all the fluid changes are on there. Its in the wrong format or I'd attach it for ref. If you want to pm me with your e-mail I can send it to you.

My service was done November 3rd. Did you talk to Jeremy. He's on top of these things and a pretty switched on, conscientous guy.
__________________
11 E90 M3
14 F31 328 xdrive
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 10:41 AM   #7
M3-Mike
Second Lieutenant
M3-Mike's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
265
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe DCT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

I just had my 2000km service done at Budds' BMW Oakville on Jan.9.09 and the work order says "Perform scope check. Reset CBS. Change oil and filter. Change rear diff fluid." Apparently they don't do the cabin air filter anymore they said.. it was actually on some printout he had but was crossed out.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST