BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

01-09-2009, 02:15 AM   #23
sandyeggo325i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 | 09 Accord V6 EXL

he'd be a stud tight end...
      01-09-2009, 06:56 AM   #24
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Slow/Fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by number335 View Post
Tebow knows hes not an NFL caliber qb, therfore he is returning for his Sr year. He will have to play another position to make an NFL team. I can't even think of a position he would be good at...maybe an H back type player?
Nah, he does a lot well but nothing great... not well enough to stick it out in the NFL at least
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 08:39 AM   #25
White08M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
late round 1 or round 2, won't play for a couple years at least
He wont even be a 3rd rounder. There is a difference between a Pro style QB and a college QB, he is a great college QB. But he will get eaten up by NFL Linebackers....cant run QB options every play in the NFL...

Look at vince young...

E92 ///M3/Alpine White/6MT/Tech/VRS Boot Lid/UUC SSK/H&R Sport Drop/Hamann lip/ Remus Race Exhaust...
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 10:22 AM   #26
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
I just want him to be out of college so all the announcers can get off their knees and stop blowing him.

He is a good quarterback, but they swear he is the messiah or something.
      01-09-2009, 03:38 PM   #27
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
I just want him to be out of college so all the announcers can get off their knees and stop blowing him.

really? most people i've heard critique that he's good within the system but that it definitely wont translate to better play in the NFL.

i'm just hoping he'll prove you guys all wrong cause you guys all seem to hate him for random reasons... or reasons that are just silly.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #28
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:

that's funny because that's almost word for word what they said on local sports talk radio
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #29
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
really? most people i've heard critique that he's good within the system but that it definitely wont translate to better play in the NFL.

i'm just hoping he'll prove you guys all wrong cause you guys all seem to hate him for random reasons... or reasons that are just silly.
I wasn't talking about him going pro, just as long as he isn't playing college ball anymore.

And a quick disclaimer, I go to FSU, so I am a little biased of course.

Now, he is a good quarterback. Is he great? I don't necessarily think so. Almost all of his running touchdowns are from when the ball is 5-10 yards away from the end zone. He is not an exceptional thrower. Watch video of him, a lot of his passes go into the ground. The good plays when he throws the ball consist of him throwing it up for one of Florida's great receivers to catch (Like what FSU does with Greg Carr) or they are short easy passes.

I'm just sick and tired of hearing about how he is the greatest thing ever. Whenever he does his scream after something happens the announcers pop a boner. How many times did they show/talk about that press conference where he promised no one would try harder than him during the game last night? 5 or 6? It makes for a really shitty game to watch when all the announcer can talk about is how great this guy is.

To me, Florida has a very fast, athletic team and they are good. The fact that they have so many threats (Harvin, Their TE Rodriguez or something like that, and more) is what "makes" Tebow so good. It is hard for a defense to cover all those threats. If they defend against the throw Tebow runs. If they defend against the run it leaves UF's receivers open. That team is perfect for Tebow. I honestly think on any other team he would be a mediocre QB at best.

But on a side note, everyone is talking about what a disappointment Bradford was especially for being the Heisman winner. I think people forget he is only a Sophomore, and last year as a Sophomore when Tebow won the Heisman they got the shit kicked out of them by Michigan of all teams during their bowl game. Bradford will become a very very good QB.
      01-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #30
urbo73
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i xDrive

He may go to the Dolphins and be used in next year's college playbook!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #31
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Slow/Fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
We have very good reason to predict he won't amount to shit in the NFL, if you knew football you'd understand.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #32
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxForgedxx View Post
We have very good reason to predict he won't amount to shit in the NFL, if you knew football you'd understand.
and what if he does well and adapts to the very different pressures of the NFL? what would you say?

we all know that a great QB isn't a great QB without a supporting cast and florida definitely has a shitload of weapons. we also know that tebow can't be running those 10 yard dashes for touchdowns every game in the NFL cause he'd get his head blown off. sure. i know this shit already... tell me something i dont know about what people have been saying. what i'm saying is that its possible, maybe not probable--but some you guys are hatin for no reason.

"if i knew football i'd understand?" this is coming from the guy who made two threads about running and didn't listen to any advice given. i know football enough to know that the statistics are against him but who says he wont succeed

lastly, just because people are saying he's one of the greatest players in college football doesn't imply anything about the NFL. obviously if they explicitly say that he'll be good in the NFL, i'd tell 'em to take that back, but i don't think i've heard anybody make that statement. you have to see what people say in context... and if you don't, well then you probably have to review whatever you read or head.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 09:49 PM   #33
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
I wasn't talking about him going pro, just as long as he isn't playing college ball anymore.

And a quick disclaimer, I go to FSU, so I am a little biased of course.

Now, he is a good quarterback. Is he great? I don't necessarily think so. Almost all of his running touchdowns are from when the ball is 5-10 yards away from the end zone. He is not an exceptional thrower. Watch video of him, a lot of his passes go into the ground. The good plays when he throws the ball consist of him throwing it up for one of Florida's great receivers to catch (Like what FSU does with Greg Carr) or they are short easy passes.

I'm just sick and tired of hearing about how he is the greatest thing ever. Whenever he does his scream after something happens the announcers pop a boner. How many times did they show/talk about that press conference where he promised no one would try harder than him during the game last night? 5 or 6? It makes for a really shitty game to watch when all the announcer can talk about is how great this guy is.

To me, Florida has a very fast, athletic team and they are good. The fact that they have so many threats (Harvin, Their TE Rodriguez or something like that, and more) is what "makes" Tebow so good. It is hard for a defense to cover all those threats. If they defend against the throw Tebow runs. If they defend against the run it leaves UF's receivers open. That team is perfect for Tebow. I honestly think on any other team he would be a mediocre QB at best.

But on a side note, everyone is talking about what a disappointment Bradford was especially for being the Heisman winner. I think people forget he is only a Sophomore, and last year as a Sophomore when Tebow won the Heisman they got the shit kicked out of them by Michigan of all teams during their bowl game. Bradford will become a very very good QB.
Well I'd agree that Florida is definitely stacked on both sides of the ball which help Tebow.

And about that tebow screaming... well to some its called passion and to others its called arrogance. We both know there's two sides to this...

Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #34
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
God Damnit!

http://sports.aol.com/ncaafb/story/_...t-again/301475
      01-12-2009, 08:53 PM   #35