BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-10-2009, 06:57 PM   #23
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 11,027
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by artur777! View Post
Are u kidding?
If you know - advise when to look or just say - thx in advance for this
If you don't know - then your comment is not funny:-)
Come on, you are the one not being funny... again, your answer is in www.Tirerack.com

- click on the link above
- once in the site, go to PRODUCTS>Tires>Shop by Size
- enter the size of tire desired, click PROCEED TO RESULTS
- a list of tires with that size selected will show up
- select the specific tire that you are looking for and click on its picture
- once in that tire page click on SPECS
- look in the table for the column Rim Width Range

Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2009, 09:39 PM   #24
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
 
Radiation Joe's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Macungie PA

Posts: 2,749
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [4.25]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [5.00]
I thought it was quite funny.
Radiation Joe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2009, 12:45 AM   #25
rav7ks
First Lieutenant
 
rav7ks's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: MD

Posts: 382
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
08 M3  [0.00]
Ok
I looked up as someone had posted details on tirerack.com.
It states that for 285/30/19 the Rim width range is
9.5-10.5".
Then the measured rim width is 10".
So if I go by the rim width range- the 285's should fit on OEM 19's right ?
rav7ks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2009, 04:04 AM   #26
artur777!
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: M3 e92
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Europe

Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Come on, you are the one not being funny... again, your answer is in www.Tirerack.com

- click on the link above
- once in the site, go to PRODUCTS>Tires>Shop by Size
- enter the size of tire desired, click PROCEED TO RESULTS
- a list of tires with that size selected will show up
- select the specific tire that you are looking for and click on its picture
- once in that tire page click on SPECS
- look in the table for the column Rim Width Range


Thank you
Now I see that I was not funny:-)
The info is very useful...
artur777! is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2009, 05:38 AM   #27
MrHarris
yodog
 
MrHarris's Avatar
 
Drives: '86 Corolla
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Diamond Bar, Ca

Posts: 5,037
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2009 BMW  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to MrHarris
The stock rims are 8.5 and 9.5. 255 and 285 are the max you can put on the stock rims.
__________________

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
MrHarris is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2009, 06:58 AM   #28
8INTO3=M
Private
 
Drives: M3 Coupe -- Interlagos Blue
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: MMMaryland

Posts: 87
iTrader: (1)

yep, its funny!

8INTO3=M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2009, 11:39 AM   #29
rav7ks
First Lieutenant
 
rav7ks's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: MD

Posts: 382
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
08 M3  [0.00]
Thanks for the help guys.
I think I will go 285/35/19 on the rears with 10mm spacers.
That will look dope.
I would rather get new rims but the wife already blew her lid on the car purchase/front lip/diffuser and other mods I've done already.
rav7ks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2009, 12:04 PM   #30
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
 
Radiation Joe's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Macungie PA

Posts: 2,749
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [4.25]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rav7ks View Post
Thanks for the help guys.
I think I will go 285/35/19 on the rears with 10mm spacers.
That will look dope.
I would rather get new rims but the wife already blew her lid on the car purchase/front lip/diffuser and other mods I've done already.
I think you're going to have some 10mm spacers for sale shortly after you try this.
Radiation Joe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2009, 12:04 PM   #31
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav7ks View Post
Ok
I looked up as someone had posted details on tirerack.com.
It states that for 285/30/19 the Rim width range is
9.5-10.5".
Then the measured rim width is 10".
So if I go by the rim width range- the 285's should fit on OEM 19's right ?
What that means is that a stock 9.5" wheel is the minimum width wheel that 285 tire can be mounted on. That doesn't mean that it will yield the best performance.

Keep in mind that the same source states the stock 265 PS2 can be mounted on 9.0" wheels, but BMW shipped the car with 9.5" wheels.
__________________
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #32
artur777!
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: M3 e92
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Europe

Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
What that means is that a stock 9.5" wheel is the minimum width wheel that 285 tire can be mounted on. That doesn't mean that it will yield the best performance.

Keep in mind that the same source states the stock 265 PS2 can be mounted on 9.0" wheels, but BMW shipped the car with 9.5" wheels.
I have thought about the same!
For stock rims better to use 275 then.
285 is at the edge and the performance will suffer for sure
artur777! is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #33
rav7ks
First Lieutenant
 
rav7ks's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: MD

Posts: 382
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
08 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by artur777! View Post
I have thought about the same!
For stock rims better to use 275 then.
285 is at the edge and the performance will suffer for sure
You know Artur you are right.
Should I go 275/30 or 275/35.
I've seen some pics where 275/30 looks small.
rav7ks is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2009, 04:31 PM   #34
artur777!
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: M3 e92
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Europe

Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav7ks View Post
You know Artur you are right.
Should I go 275/30 or 275/35.
I've seen some pics where 275/30 looks small.
Not all tires are available with this parameters.
Pirelli PZero is only 275/30, PS2 is available in both types...

275/30 is almost the same size as stock 265/35, maybe 0.7 inches smaller in diameter. 275/35 is bigger than the stock rim for a little.
It's a matter of taste...
artur777! is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST