BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-03-2009, 03:10 PM   #23
MTV
Banned
Canada
56
Rep
1,906
Posts

 
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (1)

Off the line, if the Evo is modded enough, it'll win. But once they hit triple digit speeds the Vette is GONE
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 01:02 PM   #24
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
106
Rep
517
Posts

 
Drives: Slow/Fat
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

I actually know whos EVO that is. Knowing so and what has been done I would put my money on the EVO, all of it. Every last dime, and I'll throw in a tip
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 01:07 PM   #25
RedlineMotorworks
Banned
Canada
122
Rep
2,502
Posts

 
Drives: 6.2L F-150 Raptor
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Redline Motorworks

iTrader: (19)

Send a message via AIM to RedlineMotorworks
Awesome pic!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 01:13 PM   #26
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
106
Rep
517
Posts

 
Drives: Slow/Fat
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTV View Post
Off the line, if the Evo is modded enough, it'll win. But once they hit triple digit speeds the Vette is GONE
Not true, tell that to this EVO that ate up the blown viper. EVO's are not just fast from a dig.

Here is a 601whp EVO VIII vs. a 644whp blown zO6



Look at the speedo, deep into triple digits.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 01:26 PM   #27
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
NewSong's Avatar
United_States
30
Rep
1,468
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Irvine

iTrader: (0)

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxForgedxx View Post
Not true, tell that to this EVO that ate up the blown viper. EVO's are not just fast from a dig.

Here is a 601whp EVO VIII vs. a 644whp blown zO6



Look at the speedo, deep into triple digits.
That's an older C5 Vette. Just thought I would point that out.

Here's a modded EVO looking at the tail lights of a modded C6:
__________________
He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 01:33 PM   #28
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
106
Rep
517
Posts

 
Drives: Slow/Fat
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
That's an older C5 Vette. Just thought I would point that out.
That doesn't matter, its a blown LS6 putting down 600+ whp vs an EVO with less and it still stood side by side. The Vette in the picture is an LS2 C6 which is a 6.0L 400hp car which is actually rated lower than a C5 ZO6

C5 ZO6 = LS6 5.7L 405hp/400tq

C6 Z51 = LS2 6.0L 400hp/400tq
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #29
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
106
Rep
517
Posts

 
Drives: Slow/Fat
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
That's an older C5 Vette. Just thought I would point that out.

Here's a modded EVO looking at the tail lights of a modded C6:
You have no information on the modifications done to either car so that video is worthless. You posted a vid of two cars that no one has any clue what has been done to them

My video has the dyno numbers laid out, modifications laid out and it shows that even though the EVO made less power it still kept up from a roll side by side.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #30
Boost Gomez
Colonel
Boost Gomez's Avatar
No_Country
29
Rep
2,367
Posts

 
Drives: C63 AMG
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
good contribution
+1

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #31
Whostheboss
Captain
Whostheboss's Avatar
40
Rep
787
Posts

 
Drives: a 9incher
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Connecticut U.S.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
Right after it gets a new fuel pump.

j/k
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #32
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
NewSong's Avatar
United_States
30
Rep
1,468
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Irvine

iTrader: (0)

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxForgedxx View Post
That doesn't matter, its a blown LS6 putting down 600+ whp vs an EVO with less and it still stood side by side. The Vette in the picture is an LS2 C6 which is a 6.0L 400hp car which is actually rated lower than a C5 ZO6

C5 ZO6 = LS6 5.7L 405hp/400tq

C6 Z51 = LS2 6.0L 400hp/400tq
Doesn't matter? They're two different cars with two different torque curves.

C'mon man. Posting something like that on 6SpeedOnline would get your torn to shreds and labeled a newbie.
__________________
He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #33
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
106
Rep
517
Posts

 
Drives: Slow/Fat
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
Doesn't matter? They're two different cars with two different torque curves.

C'mon man. Posting something like that on 6SpeedOnline would get your torn to shreds and labeled a newbie.
The stock specs go out the window in regards to modification especially when you speak of heavy modification like internals and blowers. The C5 ZO6 is the faster of the two anyways, you are over analyzing this.

The important variables in this comparo are not the damn torque curves, it's that the EVO is AWD and a high boost 4 banger and most think that the Vettes 6.0L will demolish it once triple digits hit which is not the case. It is proven time after time that a modified EVO can handle a modified Vette of similar if not MORE hp and torque even at high speeds (120mph+)

I know this EVO, and there is no way on gods green earth that a stock C6 would touch it, from a roll, from a dig, in the sand, on the mood, anywhere and that is all that matters. Hell, throw full bolt ons and a cam in that bitch and it will still be the same outcome. I'm far from a newbie chief.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 03:25 PM   #34
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
NewSong's Avatar
United_States
30
Rep
1,468
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Irvine

iTrader: (0)

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxForgedxx View Post
It is proven time after time that a modified EVO can handle a modified Vette of similar if not MORE hp and torque even at high speeds (120mph+)
Modded EVO9 vs STOCK LS3 C6


That EVO is looking at the STOCK C6 tail lights pretty good!



Anyway I don't want to get into a flame war. Yeah EVOs modded are pretty quick. Modded Vettes are monsters. Depends on the mods and driver.
__________________
He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 07:39 PM   #35
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
106
Rep
517
Posts

 
Drives: Slow/Fat
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
Modded EVO9 vs STOCK LS3 C6


That EVO is looking at the STOCK C6 tail lights pretty good!



Anyway I don't want to get into a flame war. Yeah EVOs modded are pretty quick. Modded Vettes are monsters. Depends on the mods and driver.
AGAIN! like to re-re that posted the other vid, MODDED?! How the hell do you know? And with WHAT?! Modded can mean bolt ons or it could mean an FP green turbo, or a GT35r. You're taking a damn LS3 C5 which the one in the original picture is NOT an LS3... and posting a blind video where no one knows what is what on each car.

It holds no weight... pretty good
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 08:00 PM   #36
Excellence
G-STAR
Excellence's Avatar
65
Rep
1,899
Posts

 
Drives: E90 to A5
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Richmond, BC

iTrader: (0)

I'd pick the vette over the garbage evo ANYDAY.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 08:09 PM   #37
xxForgedxx
Lieutenant
106
Rep
517
Posts

 
Drives: Slow/Fat
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellence View Post
I'd pick the vette over the garbage evo ANYDAY.
Probably because you have a small peener and require your ride to be approved by everyone else. It's called the fashion over function type of deal and you would probably think that one of the most versitile, best handling, braking and straight line performance cars is RICE which only shows only one thing. You have a problem.

I too would pick the Vette over the EVO but a 108 ft 60-0 with brembo brakes, 12.9 second stock quarter mile and 0.99g skid pad is far from GARBAGE. That's ok though, some people have to compensate for a lack of something though right? To each his own
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 08:23 PM   #38
wj4
Major General
United_States
120
Rep
7,723
Posts

 
Drives: E90 manual 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Burbank, CA

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to wj4
Lol this was a signature of a member from SCE for the longest. Long live the CT9A!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 02:29 AM   #39
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
McLuVan's Avatar
Vietnam
144
Rep
13,120
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Socal~818~

iTrader: (1)

evo
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #40
Excellence
G-STAR
Excellence's Avatar
65
Rep
1,899
Posts

 
Drives: E90 to A5
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Richmond, BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxForgedxx View Post
Probably because you have a small peener and require your ride to be approved by everyone else. It's called the fashion over function type of deal and you would probably think that one of the most versitile, best handling, braking and straight line performance cars is RICE which only shows only one thing. You have a problem.

I too would pick the Vette over the EVO but a 108 ft 60-0 with brembo brakes, 12.9 second stock quarter mile and 0.99g skid pad is far from GARBAGE. That's ok though, some people have to compensate for a lack of something though right? To each his own
Sorry, but no. It's not cause I have a small peener. It's called I like the vette and hate the Evo?
I could give a fuck less about the figures. Different strokes for different folks.
Personal opinion. Relax yourself.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 03:38 PM   #41
Year's_End
RWD only.
Year's_End's Avatar
United_States
330
Rep
12,335
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellence View Post
It's not cause I have a small peener.
lol
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #42
Excellence
G-STAR
Excellence's Avatar
65
Rep
1,899
Posts

 
Drives: E90 to A5
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Richmond, BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
lol
xxForgedxx>> The man thinks, once he has a BBK on his EVO he has the biggest dick ever. Now lets see who's the one trying to compensate?
That 12.9 and 0.99g skid pad figures will definitely get you laid.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 04:05 PM   #43
gshb
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
363
Posts

 
Drives: slow
Join Date: May 2006
Location: LA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxForgedxx View Post
Probably because you have a small peener and require your ride to be approved by everyone else. It's called the fashion over function type of deal and you would probably think that one of the most versitile, best handling, braking and straight line performance cars is RICE which only shows only one thing. You have a problem.

I too would pick the Vette over the EVO but a 108 ft 60-0 with brembo brakes, 12.9 second stock quarter mile and 0.99g skid pad is far from GARBAGE. That's ok though, some people have to compensate for a lack of something though right? To each his own
lol yah seriously man, have you ever heard of other peoples opinion? i told you before, stop waving your dick in everyones face.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 04:14 PM   #44
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
Crimson92's Avatar
United_States
300
Rep
28,647
Posts

 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellence View Post
Sorry, but no. It's not cause I have a small peener. It's called I like the vette and hate the Evo?
I could give a fuck less about the figures. Different strokes for different folks.
Personal opinion. Relax yourself.
your opinion doesnt make the evo garbage...thats a serious piece of machinery
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST