BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-25-2008, 03:15 AM   #1
bling_singh
Private First Class
bling_singh's Avatar
2
Rep
195
Posts

 
Drives: '09 E92
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Killzone 2

Review copies of Killzone 2 are already being distrubuted. Game is getting very close to gold, there's probably still some polish that has to be done but the game is pretty much done for reviewers to look at ahead of time for their publication dates. Can't wait for this game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42076.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38548.html

Even in its early builds the game looks better than anything out currently on either console, the graphics from the video clips above being all ingame. As NDA agreements expired last month and reviewers were allowed to begin talking about the game it is receiving a ton of praise for accomplishing what it has in the graphics department and having some great gameplay to boot. Multiplayer is enhanced with a clan and points systems that attach more replay value, as well as a deep class based multiplayer system.

This game isn't going to be a Halo killer or COD4 killer, but it will probably be the best console shooter available on the market.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 03:55 AM   #2
Year's_End
RWD only.
Year's_End's Avatar
United_States
334
Rep
12,336
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

iTrader: (0)

it's one of like 3 games that make the ps3 interesting to me
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 06:41 AM   #3
jhv
Lieutenant General
jhv's Avatar
No_Country
443
Rep
17,307
Posts

 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
it's one of like 3 games that make the ps3 interesting to me
killzone, resistance, gt5
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #4
bling_singh
Private First Class
bling_singh's Avatar
2
Rep
195
Posts

 
Drives: '09 E92
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

I think the three games that had me interested in the PS3 are GT5, Metal Gear 4, and God of War 3.

I'm not much for shooters, COD4 changed that, but this game is gonna be like FPS crack. It blows my mind that there's so much going on on the screen and it's dynamic, much of it destructable, and all rendered in real time. Sony was laughed at in 2005/2006 when they showed off the first amazing Killlzone2 teaser only to reveal afterwards it was video and not in-game. They came back in 2007/2008 and showed they can come close to that mark. They're lucky they did.

There has been one recurring knock against the game, and that is that it is almost too real that it detracts from the fun factor. Turning speeds aren't that great and the weapons have a lot of recoil.











Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 07:45 PM   #5
Year's_End
RWD only.
Year's_End's Avatar
United_States
334
Rep
12,336
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

iTrader: (0)

the graphics are kickass.

i hope it's good. i'll get a PS3 when they become "cheap".

the only games the ps3 offers that interest me:
-gt5
-mgs4
-kz2
-gow3
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 09:02 AM   #6
bling_singh
Private First Class
bling_singh's Avatar
2
Rep
195
Posts

 
Drives: '09 E92
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

that's the weird thing about this game. there are plenty of previews out there saying that in the gameplay department it stands heads and shoulders above the rest, yet no one trusts it. probably has to do with the first killzone being a clunker.

professional reviewers are saying the game will withstand the hype yet public perception remains guarded.

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 11:17 AM   #7
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
United_States
184
Rep
4,727
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
the graphics are kickass.

i hope it's good. i'll get a PS3 when they become "cheap".

the only games the ps3 offers that interest me:
-gt5
-mgs4
-kz2
-gow3

That won't be happening anytime soon:

http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/29/s...-holiday-seas/
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
You sound like my buddies who have AMG's - Slam the gas, slam the brakes...
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 11:29 AM   #8
bling_singh
Private First Class
bling_singh's Avatar
2
Rep
195
Posts

 
Drives: '09 E92
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
That won't be happening anytime soon:

http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/29/s...-holiday-seas/
dude you tried this argument before. the holiday season has pretty much passed. after New Years, the 'Holiday Season' is done. The article was written on October 29th, right after the Black Friday as the hype for Christmas shopping really ramps up. That's pretty much the beginning of the holiday season, and it ends pretty much after New Years Eve.

Today is December 28, and the article is correct there has not been a price drop from October 29 til December 28.....for the next 4-5 days there will probably not be a pricedrop. There is nothing to suggest that there won't be a pricedrop shortly afterwards. I'm of the assumption that Sony will drop the price sometime in February/March to coincide with the release of this game, the closing of their fiscal year/anniversary of the PS3's launch in Europe, and the upcoming mandatory digital television transition in the States....there will be a spike in HDTVs sold around the time and bundling the PS3 with it is the obvious choice.

You're correct in the very short run, but looking even a few months ahead (when the game launches) there's none of the absolute certainty which you're trying to prescribe with what is an outdated link.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 11:44 AM   #9
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
United_States
184
Rep
4,727
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bling_singh View Post
dude you tried this argument before. the holiday season has pretty much passed. after New Years, the 'Holiday Season' is done. The article was written on October 29th, right after the Black Friday as the hype for Christmas shopping really ramps up. That's pretty much the beginning of the holiday season, and it ends pretty much after New Years Eve.

Today is December 28, and the article is correct there has not been a price drop from October 29 til December 28.....for the next 4-5 days there will probably not be a pricedrop. There is nothing to suggest that there won't be a pricedrop shortly afterwards. I'm of the assumption that Sony will drop the price sometime in February/March to coincide with the release of this game, the closing of their fiscal year/anniversary of the PS3's launch in Europe, and the upcoming mandatory digital television transition in the States....there will be a spike in HDTVs sold around the time and bundling the PS3 with it is the obvious choice.

You're correct in the very short run, but looking even a few months ahead (when the game launches) there's none of the absolute certainty which you're trying to prescribe with what is an outdated link.
We'll just see how it plays out. I don't see how PS3's will be an obvious choice. You can get a 360 premium and buy component cables for it for like 20 bucks and it'll automatically upscale to 1080i or 1080p.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
You sound like my buddies who have AMG's - Slam the gas, slam the brakes...
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 11:45 AM   #10
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
United_States
184
Rep
4,727
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Killzone looks awesome though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
You sound like my buddies who have AMG's - Slam the gas, slam the brakes...
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #11
- Paul -
Major General
- Paul -'s Avatar
England
179
Rep
7,274
Posts

 
Drives: see above.
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Yorkshire, UK

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [5.00]
2005 645  [4.50]
Looks great!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 09:19 AM   #12
AJayE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
21
Rep
1,582
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY L.I Born n Raised, Now In Boca Raton, FL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
as much as i love the Xbox 360... i think its days are running short

PS3 made the mistake of coming out so early to try and compete since the Xbox 360 was being so highly considered as the first next gen Console and that it was the greatest thing since scrambled eggs

therefore the PS3 came out, with nothing to offer but multiplatform games that look a bit crisper than the 360

once their true potential is being displayed with such games as Killzone 2, FFXIII and their Verses Game, And Many More to Come, it will start shining a little brighter to where they originally wanted this game to be

this console was supposed to be the equivallent of Xbox 720 (i know the next one wont b called that) but it was supposed to stomp it, but to try to make the quick dollar, it was released prematurely

its finally time though for the true Next-next Gen games to come out and ive never been this excited

Im a Gears of War FANATIC, and absolutely love my 360 which i had since release, but i still think that its days are running short until people realize its almost time microsoft needs a new and better console
__________________

[JBE92335i]www.youtube.com/italiombiano
[Black Dakota Leather] [ZSP] [ZPP] [AA Xede] [iconz 830Z] [9500i]
[CF Kidney Grilles] [CF Vorsteiner PD Hood] [M-tech Sides] [Custom AngelEyes]
[Aero Lip] [Painted Reflectors/lowergrilles] [AC/S Roof Spoiler]
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #13
Year's_End
RWD only.
Year's_End's Avatar
United_States
334
Rep
12,336
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJayE92 View Post
as much as i love the Xbox 360... i think its days are running short

PS3 made the mistake of coming out so early to try and compete since the Xbox 360 was being so highly considered as the first next gen Console and that it was the greatest thing since scrambled eggs

therefore the PS3 came out, with nothing to offer but multiplatform games that look a bit crisper than the 360

once their true potential is being displayed with such games as Killzone 2, FFXIII and their Verses Game, And Many More to Come, it will start shining a little brighter to where they originally wanted this game to be

this console was supposed to be the equivallent of Xbox 720 (i know the next one wont b called that) but it was supposed to stomp it, but to try to make the quick dollar, it was released prematurely

its finally time though for the true Next-next Gen games to come out and ive never been this excited

Im a Gears of War FANATIC, and absolutely love my 360 which i had since release, but i still think that its days are running short until people realize its almost time microsoft needs a new and better console
lol 720. i see what you're saying and it pretty much makes sense. i was let down by gears 2. i mean it's just not as interesting (nor does it make the same visual impact) as the first. i played like the first chapter and haven't played it since.

but yeah, it's almost time for the next-gen...like give it a year or two...
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 03:35 PM   #14
- Paul -
Major General
- Paul -'s Avatar
England
179
Rep
7,274
Posts

 
Drives: see above.
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Yorkshire, UK

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [5.00]
2005 645  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
lol 720. i see what you're saying and it pretty much makes sense. i was let down by gears 2. i mean it's just not as interesting (nor does it make the same visual impact) as the first. i played like the first chapter and haven't played it since.

but yeah, it's almost time for the next-gen...like give it a year or two...

Weird - I couldn't get on with GOW1 but love GOW2!! - not as much as I love Fallout3 tho!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 04:03 PM   #15
D1911
Private First Class
D1911's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
116
Posts

 
Drives: 08 S2k
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Killzone 2 looks amazing! Whats the release date?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 04:39 PM   #16
AJayE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
21
Rep
1,582
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY L.I Born n Raised, Now In Boca Raton, FL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
February 27th
__________________

[JBE92335i]www.youtube.com/italiombiano
[Black Dakota Leather] [ZSP] [ZPP] [AA Xede] [iconz 830Z] [9500i]
[CF Kidney Grilles] [CF Vorsteiner PD Hood] [M-tech Sides] [Custom AngelEyes]
[Aero Lip] [Painted Reflectors/lowergrilles] [AC/S Roof Spoiler]
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 06:20 PM   #17
bling_singh
Private First Class
bling_singh's Avatar
2
Rep
195
Posts

 
Drives: '09 E92
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

If you preorder it at EBGames or GameStop you'll get access to the Killzone2 demo also.

Haven't had much time to play the PS3 since I started work, but I'll set some time aside for Killzone2.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 06:52 PM   #18
bling_singh
Private First Class
bling_singh's Avatar
2
Rep
195
Posts

 
Drives: '09 E92
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44192.html

Awesome preview/trailer for the game. If you preorder from EBGames you get the demo for it so you can play before launch......kinda pointless given the short timeframe...well for me at least given my current workload. But this trailer is all sorts of awesome.

(And all of it runs on the ingame graphics engine)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2009, 08:30 PM   #19
bling_singh
Private First Class
bling_singh's Avatar
2
Rep
195
Posts

 
Drives: '09 E92
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44579.html

The game's opening video....some pretty awesome stuff, shows off just how amazing the graphics for the game are. May be a bit of a spoiler for those that care about the story....and it may ruin the entire new game experience....especially for those playing the game on a big screen. Great video nonetheless.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 12:19 AM   #20
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
United_States
184
Rep
4,727
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
lol 720. i see what you're saying and it pretty much makes sense. i was let down by gears 2. i mean it's just not as interesting (nor does it make the same visual impact) as the first. i played like the first chapter and haven't played it since.

but yeah, it's almost time for the next-gen...like give it a year or two...
Microsoft says it'll release the next gen sometime 2012.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
You sound like my buddies who have AMG's - Slam the gas, slam the brakes...
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 01:56 AM   #21
Wake27
Lieutenant Colonel
Wake27's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,682
Posts

 
Drives: '06 330i ZPP ZSP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NoVA missing SoCal

iTrader: (1)

No Socom love? Confrontation is pretty gnar. And yeah, PS3 is gonna overtake Xbox like an M3 on a moped.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 12:33 PM   #22
D1911
Private First Class
D1911's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
116
Posts

 
Drives: 08 S2k
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bling_singh View Post
If you preorder it at EBGames or GameStop you'll get access to the Killzone2 demo also.

Haven't had much time to play the PS3 since I started work, but I'll set some time aside for Killzone2.
I just preordered this game through EB and didn't get a demo cd... I even asked and they said they don't have anything like that....?????
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST