BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
EclipsisNA
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-27-2008, 11:05 PM   #67
Adonislike
Captain
 
Drives: Toyota Insight/Honda Prius
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southern California

Posts: 842
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
I believe the 3.62 is on their site now.

Let me check.

Edit: It isn't, I thought I saw it. Give them a call and they will be able to help you out.
Cool. This wil probably be one of the first things I do. After I have it re-tinted in OC. 1st tint shop caused $3100 in damage
Adonislike is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2008, 11:11 PM   #68
Sticky
Banned
 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

Posts: 2,244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonislike View Post
Cool. This wil probably be one of the first things I do. After I have it re-tinted in OC. 1st tint shop caused $3100 in damage
Ouch! 3.62's will make the car a beast, can't wait to try them for myself.
Sticky is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2008, 11:17 PM   #69
Adonislike
Captain
 
Drives: Toyota Insight/Honda Prius
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southern California

Posts: 842
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Ouch! 3.62's will make the car a beast, can't wait to try them for myself.
Yeah, Im gettin that through the research Ive done. Im curious to see if Dinan comes out with an upgrade close to the same type of performance as AA or Powerchip. I am doing that as well but am waiting to see what they come with. I got the 6/100k warranty and Im trying to wait as long as possible before I do an upgrade that voids it
Adonislike is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2008, 12:13 AM   #70
Sticky
Banned
 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

Posts: 2,244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonislike View Post
Yeah, Im gettin that through the research Ive done. Im curious to see if Dinan comes out with an upgrade close to the same type of performance as AA or Powerchip. I am doing that as well but am waiting to see what they come with. I got the 6/100k warranty and Im trying to wait as long as possible before I do an upgrade that voids it
I hear ya, I specifically didn't get the 6 year as I knew I wouldn't be able to keep myself from modding.

Supposedly Powerchip is undetectable, but who knows. Dinan will over cover you with their own warranty, BMW will still void it.

Gears are fine with the warranty, except for the diff, everything else is fine though.
Sticky is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2008, 11:52 AM   #71
Driver72
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

Posts: 4,485
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Buddy, what 111-113 on pump gas? That was at FONTANA. Different track, 80 degree weather, and without the pre-cat delete.
Here we go again with the untruths. Terry told me you were running 111-114 mph most of your passes the other day.
You even borrowed his funnel to put the race gas in, remember?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
115 on race? Haha, if you call 10 gallons of 91 and 5 gallons of 100 race gas, ok, fine. This next time out, I'm running purely pump and 11's. Something 335's can't do.
More untruths and speculation. You say "next time out, I'm running purely pump and 11's"....speculation. But with adding another couple grand or more in mods (gears and updated tune and whatever else you're planning to do) you SHOULD be able to run 11's" and yes, 10 gallons 91 and 5 gallons 100 is 94 Octane.
It's a race gas mix. And knowing your untruthful stories/claims you probably had more like 6-7 gallons of 91 in there. But we'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say it was 94 Octane. Can't get 94 Octane at the pump, so it's not "on pump"
But again, it's funny you bag on the race gas people are using but felt you needed to add some in to your car because clearly you were disappointed with your results on 91 and felt you NEEDED to do something to get better times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
We haven't seen a 335 run 116 with tune and bolt ons on pump.
Nope you haven't seen it. I have on a VBox. And just because you haven't seen it at a drag strip doesn't mean it can't easily do it. It's just everybody with all those mods runs race gas, and most don't go to the strip.
But to think otherwise when tune only on pump gas are running 113-114 mph is just plain foolish and ignorant.
Those bolt on mods add 35-45 rwhp dyno proven. Think that's more than enough to raise your trap speeds by 1-2 mph.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
I hope I'll have the 3.62 gears by the next date. I'm not sure what the final cost with installation will be, but the parts are 1800 I believe.
Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
No one's car on the forum, my cousin actually has a 335 with Dinan software. What does this have to do with anything though?
Because the Dinan software is weak compared to the JB3 and PROcede v3
It's on par (maybe a bit stronger) than the RD Blackbox tune that Kpari had (the guy you ran and beat). You need to drive a JB3 1.2 or PROcede v3.1 car to know. Dinan is conservative in it's tune (peaking only 13.5 psi and tapers much quicker up top) than the 14.5-15 psi tune with less taper up top of the JB3 and PROcede v3.1
Dinan tune only cars on pump 91 trap like 109-110 on average. JB3/PROcede v3.1 tune only on pump are in the 112-113+ range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
335's run 118+ with tune, bolt on's, and race gas? Really, how many do that? We are talking about what, 1 car? Haha, you use the fastest times recorded as a base for every 335, it is ridiculous. The number of 335's in the 11's can be counted on 1 hand. The reality is most of the cars with tunes run mid to high 12's as drag times shows.
Again, thats simple you say, "most of the cars with tunes run mid to high 12's" that's true. But most of those don't have all the bolt ons either, and most of those guys have only gone to the track 1-2 times in their life.
335i's will run 118+ with tune and bolt ons and race gas.
The fact only a couple have again is simple, because only those guys HAVE gone to the track with that many bolt ons.
Are you so obtuse to not accepting the fact that a 335i with race map tune, and race gas ONLY can trap up to 117.5 mph to think that if he added 35-45 rwhp MORE that trap speeds wouldn't increase .5 mph or more??
Warren just did 116.4 mph in his 08 coupe yesterday with race map tune and race gas only. So not quite as quick as his sedan that did 117.5 but his coupe has less miles and conditions were a bit different.
Again, just because guys with all the bolt ons and race gas AREN'T going to the strip doesn't mean that they won't do 118+ when they do, since tune only and race gas is doing 116-117.5 already! I think Terry's 120.6+ mph trap in the 135i shows that too, that car is only about 130 lbs lighter, but is also less aerodynamic and hasn't proven to be any faster than the 335i. In fact it is slower in many tests and slower around VIR race track than the 335i coupe.
Don't hate on that man!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
It isn't semantics about the E9X platform or 335 platform. Saying the M3 is built on the 335 platform is flat out wrong. I don't know how much more clear I can be as it is not getting through to you. You are wrong, get over it, move on.
Again, ALL the 3 series cars 328i, 335, M3 are built on the same platform. If you think otherwise, please tell me which platform the M3 is built off, it isn't a specifically made platform for the M3.
But again, tell me WHICH platform the M3 was built on/from, we all need another good laugh from you.

Man these posts are getting long, continuously having to correct your ill-informed posts and untruths.
Driver72 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2008, 06:33 PM   #72
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
 
KonigsTiger's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

Posts: 4,398
iTrader: (0)

Wow!! Too long and too boring to read now.
__________________
==================================================
KonigsTiger is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-28-2008, 07:58 PM   #73
Sticky
Banned
 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

Posts: 2,244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Here we go again with the untruths. Terry told me you were running 111-114 mph most of your passes the other day.
You even borrowed his funnel to put the race gas in, remember?




More untruths and speculation. You say "next time out, I'm running purely pump and 11's"....speculation. But with adding another couple grand or more in mods (gears and updated tune and whatever else you're planning to do) you SHOULD be able to run 11's" and yes, 10 gallons 91 and 5 gallons 100 is 94 Octane.
It's a race gas mix. And knowing your untruthful stories/claims you probably had more like 6-7 gallons of 91 in there. But we'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say it was 94 Octane. Can't get 94 Octane at the pump, so it's not "on pump"
But again, it's funny you bag on the race gas people are using but felt you needed to add some in to your car because clearly you were disappointed with your results on 91 and felt you NEEDED to do something to get better times.



Nope you haven't seen it. I have on a VBox. And just because you haven't seen it at a drag strip doesn't mean it can't easily do it. It's just everybody with all those mods runs race gas, and most don't go to the strip.
But to think otherwise when tune only on pump gas are running 113-114 mph is just plain foolish and ignorant.
Those bolt on mods add 35-45 rwhp dyno proven. Think that's more than enough to raise your trap speeds by 1-2 mph.




Wow!



Because the Dinan software is weak compared to the JB3 and PROcede v3
It's on par (maybe a bit stronger) than the RD Blackbox tune that Kpari had (the guy you ran and beat). You need to drive a JB3 1.2 or PROcede v3.1 car to know. Dinan is conservative in it's tune (peaking only 13.5 psi and tapers much quicker up top) than the 14.5-15 psi tune with less taper up top of the JB3 and PROcede v3.1
Dinan tune only cars on pump 91 trap like 109-110 on average. JB3/PROcede v3.1 tune only on pump are in the 112-113+ range.



Again, thats simple you say, "most of the cars with tunes run mid to high 12's" that's true. But most of those don't have all the bolt ons either, and most of those guys have only gone to the track 1-2 times in their life.
335i's will run 118+ with tune and bolt ons and race gas.
The fact only a couple have again is simple, because only those guys HAVE gone to the track with that many bolt ons.
Are you so obtuse to not accepting the fact that a 335i with race map tune, and race gas ONLY can trap up to 117.5 mph to think that if he added 35-45 rwhp MORE that trap speeds wouldn't increase .5 mph or more??
Warren just did 116.4 mph in his 08 coupe yesterday with race map tune and race gas only. So not quite as quick as his sedan that did 117.5 but his coupe has less miles and conditions were a bit different.
Again, just because guys with all the bolt ons and race gas AREN'T going to the strip doesn't mean that they won't do 118+ when they do, since tune only and race gas is doing 116-117.5 already! I think Terry's 120.6+ mph trap in the 135i shows that too, that car is only about 130 lbs lighter, but is also less aerodynamic and hasn't proven to be any faster than the 335i. In fact it is slower in many tests and slower around VIR race track than the 335i coupe.
Don't hate on that man!




Again, ALL the 3 series cars 328i, 335, M3 are built on the same platform. If you think otherwise, please tell me which platform the M3 is built off, it isn't a specifically made platform for the M3.
But again, tell me WHICH platform the M3 was built on/from, we all need another good laugh from you.

Man these posts are getting long, continuously having to correct your ill-informed posts and untruths.

Glad you posted this so we can finally establish that you are just flat out lying. Here is what Terry said about my runs actually: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...?t=2477&page=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
Great job as always Terry!

I heard there was an E92 M3 DCT out there with bolt ons that ran a 12.1! Any idea what he trapped?


Terry: I didn't see all his times, but I know he was in the low 12 @ 114-115 range. Race gas, drag radials, etc.
I never ran 111, 112, 113, or whatever you are saying I did at Famoso. You are flat out lying, the car was incredibly consistent.

Just to remove any speculation since you think race gas makes such a huge difference (even though I am tuned on 91 and have no turbos) I'm running purely pump. Can't wait to smack down the N54 times on pump, I'm going to relish it. You will be on the sidelines watching as usual since you can't compete.

Of course Dinan software is weaker, who cares? What does that have to do with anything? I should have known you would go off on some tangent about Dinan next. You will hold on to anything.

I only have gone to the track twice with my car, I'm an amateur, yet I beat the majority of 335 times on my first try. Funny, isn't it? That should tell you all you need to know.

Just because all the M3's aren't going to the track doesn't mean they won't do 118+ right? Since you don't like speculation, why are you doing it? The cars run what they run, and you have 4 335's in the 11's ONE of which is trapping 118. ONE FREAKING CAR TRAPPING 118. So where are all these 118 cars? In your head is where they are.

I think what Terry's 120 mph trap shows is that with his boost spiking on race gas on a map no one else has that is as far as you can push the N54 for one pass without it falling apart. That isn't a tune he will ever release, you know it.

You are back peddling from the M3 being built on the 335 platform comments to now saying the M3 is built on the platform that all 3 series are. Good, you got it, no more need for discussion on this topic.

Now that I set you straight yet again, you should be able to stop lying and admit you are wrong. Don't play with the big boys if you have to make things up to keep up.
Sticky is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2008, 11:24 AM   #74
Driver72
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

Posts: 4,485
iTrader: (0)

Just curious how many modded M3's have trapped over 115.5 mph?
And how many have trapped over 114.5 mph?

Just curious as I want to see how well modded M3's are doing with this tune and other mods too as their may be timeslips people have posted here but might not be on dragtimes.
Driver72 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2009, 11:42 PM   #75
mixja
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 E90 DCT Silverstone
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Beverly Hils, CA

Posts: 783
iTrader: (1)

I spoke with Powerchip HQ in Australia, the reflash is via OBDII and luckily for me they will ship reflashing equipment to my location (New Zealand).

I was also told the redline is raised to 8600RPM...

Here's there official dyno sheet and table:




Plus a customer's dyno:
mixja is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2009, 12:02 AM   #76
JMD0977
Captain
 
JMD0977's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GT3 and ....
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: I-95

Posts: 994
iTrader: (6)

^ Good info.
JMD0977 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2009, 12:36 AM   #77
pepper
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 0 degrees

Posts: 262
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouxeny View Post
If it's a true 20 hp, that's some of the cheapest hp/$ you'll find anywhere. Especially compared to an exhaust that costs $2500.
well, there are exhausts for way more then 2k

akrapovic , ericsson


why not just spend the money toward a supercharger
pepper is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2009, 09:56 AM   #78
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
 
KonigsTiger's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

Posts: 4,398
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
Anybody know how Sticky got banned?
Sticky got banned?
__________________
==================================================
KonigsTiger is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #79
PunjabiM3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
PunjabiM3's Avatar
 
Drives: R8 5.2 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oro Valley, AZ

Posts: 1,758
iTrader: (1)

I myself (and probably most people on this board) am sick of the 335i guys always having to open their mouths about how the 335 is faster in a straight line, at the drag strip, etc. Seems they always feel like they have something to prove. My thought is this: if I wanted to slap a piggyback computer on a car to have a fast drag car, I would just buy a Mustang, Evo, or STi. A modded Evo or STi would own the M3 and JB3, Procede, (insert software here), 335 on both a drag strip and around a track. I would like to see how these modded 335 drag cars run against the M3 on a track or the back roads. Plus I am sure most of the M3 owners on here could have bought a 335 instead...but we did not. Need I say more?
__________________
2012 Audi R8 V10, 6MT, Suzuka Gray, Larini Clubsport exhaust, Klassen M52R, GMG springs, Satin Black badges
2012 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige, Moonlight Blue
2014 BMW 528i, Space Gray
Previous: 11 e82 1M, Several 911's & M3's
PunjabiM3 is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #80
BRDHNTR
Ground Pilot
 
BRDHNTR's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 BMW M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Waverly, PA

Posts: 549
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2002 M3  [0.00]
2008 e92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
I myself (and probably most people on this board) am sick of the 335i guys always having to open their mouths about how the 335 is faster in a straight line, at the drag strip, etc. Seems they always feel like they have something to prove. My thought is this: if I wanted to slap a piggyback computer on a car to have a fast drag car, I would just buy a Mustang, Evo, or STi. A modded Evo or STi would own the M3 and JB3, Procede, (insert software here), 335 on both a drag strip and around a track. I would like to see how these modded 335 drag cars run against the M3 on a track or the back roads. Plus I am sure most of the M3 owners on here could have bought a 335 instead...but we did not. Need I say more?
Agreed. I was very close to pulling the trigger on an e92 335xi, but then I got the Audi for the winter so I could get an M3 for the summer. I am glad that I did as I still think the 335i/xi is a great daily driver that is certainly fast, but the M3 is an absolute beast. That said, my buddy had a modded STi and the thing was stupidly fast and was a blast to drive. Great weekend car, but definitely not a daily driver like the M3.
__________________
"The laws of physics cannot be repealed, even with DSC." - BMW Owner's Manual

BRDHNTR is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2009, 10:19 PM   #81
Adonislike
Captain
 
Drives: Toyota Insight/Honda Prius
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southern California

Posts: 842
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
Anybody know how Sticky got banned?
I asked him and he said he was pushing his luck before his vaca. Might be just temporary
Adonislike is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST