BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-26-2008, 01:16 PM   #45
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
KonigsTiger's Avatar
66
Rep
4,398
Posts

 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
I'm not "chasing Sticky" around. I have a close buddy who is a FBI agent. Trust me, if I wanted to "chase him" for real it wouldn't be on the internet.
I've just opened a few threads and read and have responded.
In this thread, it was Sticky who quoted me and responded to my response (which had nothing to do with him or any of his responses).

As for the above claims again Sticky please show proof where you say "it takes far more skill to optimize an NA tune"?
I'm not a tuner but know Shiv and Terry well. All I know is you get far more gains from FI and as I said I suspect it takes more to tune them because of that, but never did I say "it takes more skill" or claim that as factual, as you have done. I could ask Shiv. Though he's a millionaire, the BMW he drives is the lowly 335i so he may not know about the M3 tuning specifics.

Costs do come down with time, however, once again, your claim is wrong, since the VW DSG was priced about the same as it is now even when it first came out. And as I suspect the option price of the BMW DCT will not go down in 3-5 years but go up a bit.
And VW/Audi's development costs were most likely far more costly than BMW's, since they were the first to develop one for the mass produced car.
For other manufacturers to buy one and reverse engineer it (as BMW, Ferrari, Porsche, and others have done now) then make their own, is far cheaper to do.

Your point about Porsche charging you if you sneeze, was exactly my point....as I originally said, most often the more expensive the car, the more they charge for pretty much the same thing as cheaper cars. Was one of the reasons I didn't buy the Carrera S back in Dec. 2006 when I got my first 335i, and again in early 2007 when I got my second 335i.
Plus I love turbo charged cars and their tuning potential. But I also love NA cars, so I considered the ZO6. I passed on it though because of it's lack of practicality and the fact my insurance company wanted over twice what it costs to insure the 335i (and the fact I'd have to have my driveway entrance resloped at a cost of $5-6k since the ZO6 is to low and will scrape the front every time I drive in.

Just want to reiterate, Sticky I don't "have it out for you."
I've always loved M3's. I considered dropping my 335i at one point to get one too, but I love the turbo and the torque, and with a lease now, nobody will pay to take over the lease I pay since rates are so low now they can get one for $100 a month less new.
I visit the M3boards from time to time, but once I posted about the West Coast Dyno I was hosting and you started bashing on 335i's in there and making all these ignorant and arrogant claims, I tried to be cool with you. You clearly didn't want it and just kept bashing and thinking you are better than everybody else because you drive an M3. I hate to break it to you, but not everybody with money drives M3's
And not everybody with money buys the most expensive version of a particular car. I know because I can afford an M3 and I know and work with multi-millionaires and even some billionaires from time to time, often they drive nice cars ($80-100k which they could afford more of course) and many drive Prius' too.

I know you are young and full of testosterone having such a nice car at such a young age. But be thankful your dad has taken good care of you and you grew up with that.
Many people don't and many people have to work hard for a long time to make great money and afford $60-70k cars.
Being born into a family with good money makes nobody "special" or any better than anybody else.

Sorry for the book response.
Cheers.
FBI agents???? Im out of here!!
__________________
==================================================
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2008, 01:23 PM   #46
Driver72
Brigadier General
108
Rep
4,485
Posts

 
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
FBI agents???? Im out of here!!


You'd NEVER know he was though.
If you ever met him, you'd think he was a engineer or something. I know two cops too, both family friends, but they seem much more "cop like" than my FBI buddy.
But he's a good resource for me when needed.

Happy Holidays all.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #47
Sticky
Banned
United_States
30
Rep
2,244
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
FBI agents???? Im out of here!!
I wish he would tell them to stop looking through the garbage, its annoying. No manners, they don't put the lids down.

Times are changing, it is getting dangerous to argue on the internet as the FBI comes to get your for making fun of 335's. Luckily the CIA with their higher salary drives M3's so it balances out.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2008, 02:35 PM   #48
Sticky
Banned
United_States
30
Rep
2,244
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
I'm not "chasing Sticky" around. I have a close buddy who is a FBI agent. Trust me, if I wanted to "chase him" for real it wouldn't be on the internet.
I've just opened a few threads and read and have responded.
In this thread, it was Sticky who quoted me and responded to my response (which had nothing to do with him or any of his responses).

As for the above claims again Sticky please show proof where you say "it takes far more skill to optimize an NA tune"?
I'm not a tuner but know Shiv and Terry well. All I know is you get far more gains from FI and as I said I suspect it takes more to tune them because of that, but never did I say "it takes more skill" or claim that as factual, as you have done. I could ask Shiv. Though he's a millionaire, the BMW he drives is the lowly 335i so he may not know about the M3 tuning specifics.

Costs do come down with time, however, once again, your claim is wrong, since the VW DSG was priced about the same as it is now even when it first came out. And as I suspect the option price of the BMW DCT will not go down in 3-5 years but go up a bit.
And VW/Audi's development costs were most likely far more costly than BMW's, since they were the first to develop one for the mass produced car.
For other manufacturers to buy one and reverse engineer it (as BMW, Ferrari, Porsche, and others have done now) then make their own, is far cheaper to do.

Your point about Porsche charging you if you sneeze, was exactly my point....as I originally said, most often the more expensive the car, the more they charge for pretty much the same thing as cheaper cars. Was one of the reasons I didn't buy the Carrera S back in Dec. 2006 when I got my first 335i, and again in early 2007 when I got my second 335i.
Plus I love turbo charged cars and their tuning potential. But I also love NA cars, so I considered the ZO6. I passed on it though because of it's lack of practicality and the fact my insurance company wanted over twice what it costs to insure the 335i (and the fact I'd have to have my driveway entrance resloped at a cost of $5-6k since the ZO6 is to low and will scrape the front every time I drive in.

Just want to reiterate, Sticky I don't "have it out for you."
I've always loved M3's. I considered dropping my 335i at one point to get one too, but I love the turbo and the torque, and with a lease now, nobody will pay to take over the lease I pay since rates are so low now they can get one for $100 a month less new.
I visit the M3boards from time to time, but once I posted about the West Coast Dyno I was hosting and you started bashing on 335i's in there and making all these ignorant and arrogant claims, I tried to be cool with you. You clearly didn't want it and just kept bashing and thinking you are better than everybody else because you drive an M3. I hate to break it to you, but not everybody with money drives M3's
And not everybody with money buys the most expensive version of a particular car. I know because I can afford an M3 and I know and work with multi-millionaires and even some billionaires from time to time, often they drive nice cars ($80-100k which they could afford more of course) and many drive Prius' too.

I know you are young and full of testosterone having such a nice car at such a young age. But be thankful your dad has taken good care of you and you grew up with that.
Many people don't and many people have to work hard for a long time to make great money and afford $60-70k cars.
Being born into a family with good money makes nobody "special" or any better than anybody else.

Sorry for the book response.
Cheers.
I see things are not about 335's or M3's but about you trying to make things personal.

Don't make assumptions about family or what it is I do for a living. You simply don't know, commenting as if you do without any clue is ignorant.

If you are capable of speaking on topic, let me know, if not, go ahead and make the thread about me.

You suspect it takes more to tune an FI car? If you get more gains, and more people are getting them, and the cost is less, what does that tell you? If you have a car that is 100 hp per liter NA, do you think there is as much power to find in a tune as easily? This one is pretty much common sense.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2008, 02:40 PM   #49
Driver72
Brigadier General
108
Rep
4,485
Posts

 
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
I wish he would tell them to stop looking through the garbage, its annoying. No manners, they don't put the lids down.

Times are changing, it is getting dangerous to argue on the internet as the FBI comes to get your for making fun of 335's. Luckily the CIA with their higher salary drives M3's so it balances out.
Funny but sorry to have to keep saying this but you're wrong.
CIA and FBI are basically on the same governmental pay scales, so they make the same.

Just a tip though, if you wouldn't make fun of cars of people choose to buy, you wouldn't have to worry about it "getting dangerous to argue on the internet."
Or better yet, just don't start so many arguements, you'll like it better that way anyway.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2008, 02:53 PM   #50
mvagusta
Lieutenant
4
Rep
475
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 m3 coup
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: michigan

iTrader: (1)

I knew it... I called it first...Sticky there after you...Some one give me a set of 360's and I'll make peace..hahah Or should I say I'll call up all the bosses and make a meeting in cali.....
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2008, 02:53 PM   #51
Driver72
Brigadier General
108
Rep
4,485
Posts

 
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
I see things are not about 335's or M3's but about you trying to make things personal.

Don't make assumptions about family or what it is I do for a living. You simply don't know, commenting as if you do without any clue is ignorant.

If you are capable of speaking on topic, let me know, if not, go ahead and make the thread about me.

You suspect it takes more to tune an FI car? If you get more gains, and more people are getting them, and the cost is less, what does that tell you? If you have a car that is 100 hp per liter NA, do you think there is as much power to find in a tune as easily? This one is pretty much common sense.
I'll tell you what: I'll stop making all these "corrections" and posts (even if they are true) about you, if you stop making assumptions (and making it personal as you do post after post with people) about everyone else and all these other topics you are wrong about? Deal? As you said, they make you look ignorant.
That was my point anyway, just got tired of you making all these ignorant and wrong posts, comments, speculations, and personal attacks to so many when you just don't know the facts but posts as if you do, AND do so in a arrogant manner like you are better than everybody else.

Obviously, I know there aren't as much gains on a NA car making 100 hp per liter from a tune. Where did I say otherwise.
I've owned over 30 cars in 20 years of driving both NA and F/I

Time to chill Sticky. I know you love your M3, as you should, but keep in mind, the 335i was built first and your M3 is built off of the 335i platform, not like the M3 was built first and then they dumbed it down to make the 335i.
Both are great cars. Know what would be cool, for you to drive a tuned 335i. I'd even be up to meeting up with you, shake your hand, buy you a burger and take each others cars out for a spin.

Again, I'm only "giving you a piece of your own medicine" with some of my posts, and doing so simply because you came into my dyno day post and started bashing on it and 335i owners and then I see multiple and constant 335i bashing from you, that was just ill-informed and wrong on some many points.


It's not worth all your energy to be so hateful to fellow enthusiasts.
Lets meet up and take our cars for a spin if you are game and we'll consider it water under the bridge. I think even fellow M3er's would like to see you a bit more possitive and anti anything else that's not an M.
If you don't want to do so, well, I made my point and tried, I and everyone else would then see the truth again. I would have no further need or desire to converse with you. It's not worth my time, I rather enjoy conversing in a friendly manner with fellow enthusiasts (as I have for years) on the internet and meeting up with them.
I don't like "arguing" but again, I wanted to prove a point with you that others can do what I've seen so many of your posts do, and it's not worth it.
I hope you are willing to move on from the bickering and make the internet car forum more enjoyable. And as I said about the dyno day meet up, would love to see your car too.
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2008, 10:34 PM   #52
Sticky
Banned
United_States
30
Rep
2,244
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
I'll tell you what: I'll stop making all these "corrections" and posts (even if they are true) about you, if you stop making assumptions (and making it personal as you do post after post with people) about everyone else and all these other topics you are wrong about? Deal? As you said, they make you look ignorant.
That was my point anyway, just got tired of you making all these ignorant and wrong posts, comments, speculations, and personal attacks to so many when you just don't know the facts but posts as if you do, AND do so in a arrogant manner like you are better than everybody else.

Obviously, I know there aren't as much gains on a NA car making 100 hp per liter from a tune. Where did I say otherwise.
I've owned over 30 cars in 20 years of driving both NA and F/I

Time to chill Sticky. I know you love your M3, as you should, but keep in mind, the 335i was built first and your M3 is built off of the 335i platform, not like the M3 was built first and then they dumbed it down to make the 335i.
Both are great cars. Know what would be cool, for you to drive a tuned 335i. I'd even be up to meeting up with you, shake your hand, buy you a burger and take each others cars out for a spin.

Again, I'm only "giving you a piece of your own medicine" with some of my posts, and doing so simply because you came into my dyno day post and started bashing on it and 335i owners and then I see multiple and constant 335i bashing from you, that was just ill-informed and wrong on some many points.


It's not worth all your energy to be so hateful to fellow enthusiasts.
Lets meet up and take our cars for a spin if you are game and we'll consider it water under the bridge. I think even fellow M3er's would like to see you a bit more possitive and anti anything else that's not an M.
If you don't want to do so, well, I made my point and tried, I and everyone else would then see the truth again. I would have no further need or desire to converse with you. It's not worth my time, I rather enjoy conversing in a friendly manner with fellow enthusiasts (as I have for years) on the internet and meeting up with them.
I don't like "arguing" but again, I wanted to prove a point with you that others can do what I've seen so many of your posts do, and it's not worth it.
I hope you are willing to move on from the bickering and make the internet car forum more enjoyable. And as I said about the dyno day meet up, would love to see your car too.
Cheers
No deal, I'm going to post what I want. I'm not about to sit here and change what I type to appease 335 owners. I don't really care about your feelings at all. Why should I? I don't know you. Now, respect, that is a different topic, but I'm not sitting here and slinging mud but posting what I feel is the truth between the cars.

The difference between you and I is, I am going to post about cars. You are going to post incorrect assumptions about me personally. Big difference, you don't want to debate the topic, you want to attack me.

For whatever reason, I seem to get under your skin. I kind of like that, you seem to follow me around M3post and even post about me obsessively on E90post.

I love my M3, I love BMW's, I'm on my fourth BMW in 7 years, it should be obvious. I have love for my other cars as well. I also love how sensitive the 335 crowd is. I hope you don't take everything to heart like this.

If you were to give me a piece of my own medicine you would have to make better points.

The M3 is not built on the 335 platform, it is built on the E9X chassis. Come on, don't stretch things to make the cars seem closer.

Where is my ill informed 335 bashing? I think I'm pretty well informed on the 335 and cars in general. You were the one that said a 335 on pump will trap 116, I still haven't seen it. My whole point is a modded 335 on pump will not match a modded M3 on pump. 335 guys look right over this and start thumping their chest showing times on 100+ octane (of other cars, mostly the tuners own) which they won't be running on the street.

What I said about the dyno day meet up I meant. I wasn't about to sit around with 335 guys watching them all try to compare themselves to my M3 based solely on the numbers. I already had my preliminary numbers any way. I am having more runs done as we speak, why would I need to meet up with you when my tuner is already doing it and I am paying them for it?

I like burgers, and would be glad to meet up and take your car for a spin. Mostly to remind me of why I chose the M3. I sincerely hope you do see the sarcasm in my posts. Seems a lot of people miss it.

My line lock is fixed and working correctly, can't wait to see what kind of 60 foots I pull next, cheers, and happy holidays
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2008, 12:55 AM   #53
Driver72
Brigadier General
108
Rep
4,485
Posts

 
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
No deal, I'm going to post what I want. I'm not about to sit here and change what I type to appease 335 owners. I don't really care about your feelings at all. Why should I? I don't know you. Now, respect, that is a different topic, but I'm not sitting here and slinging mud but posting what I feel is the truth between the cars.
Sorry you feel that way. Key word in the last sentence is "feel" is the truth. Difference than what really is.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
The difference between you and I is, I am going to post about cars. You are going to post incorrect assumptions about me personally. Big difference, you don't want to debate the topic, you want to attack me.
Again, wrong sorry. I do post about cars, you post about attacking other cars and putting people down who own them. It's a bit hypocritical you don't see your own actions.
I have no desire to "attack" you. I just post the truths to your wrong and speculative claims and assumptions of people and their cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
For whatever reason, I seem to get under your skin. I kind of like that, you seem to follow me around M3post and even post about me obsessively on E90post.
Nope you don't get under my skin at all. Like a broken record, again you are wrong. "obsessively" posting about you in e90post?? That's a good one. I've posted like a couple posts when people have made a comment about it.
Funny you go over lurking over there? What are you worried, concerned, insecure, bothered by?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
I love my M3, I love BMW's, I'm on my fourth BMW in 7 years, it should be obvious. I have love for my other cars as well. I also love how sensitive the 335 crowd is. I hope you don't take everything to heart like this.
If you loved BMW's you wouldn't talk down on them so much.
I think you are mistaken about who takes what to heart.
It's you who feels he needs to better the 335i times it's not the 335i crowd who is sensitive or feels they need to prove something. I don't take everything you say to heart, actually I take none of it to heart, why would I? I actually kind of feel bad for you to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
If you were to give me a piece of my own medicine you would have to make better points.
Better points? My points are the correct ones to your wrongs.
The piece of your medicine is the fact you are worried about me and have taken what I say to heart and that's what bothers you. That's why you went over to e90post to search my posts.
That's why you are so insecure about the need to beat the 335i times. I don't care if you do 10 @ 130 mph in your M3, the piece of your medicine is the fact you feel you NEED to. And you'll spend $12k on a s/c just to beat the lowly 135i/335i times. It's the reason you felt you needed to dump race gas in your M3 at the strip to get better times since most of your times were in the mid to high 12's @ 111-114 mph even with mods.
But you bag on 335i owners for putting in race gas and then you say a 335i "needs" race gas to keep up with the M3.
It's the reason you need to make incorrect statements like that to make yourself feel better, knowing full well, the 135/335i's beat you, and race gas didn't even get you there equal to them.
There are tune only 335i's on pump running 113-114 mph and ones with some bolt ons that run 115-116 mph on pump.
This fact gets under your skin. That's the piece of your own medicine.
It's the reason you declined to run against Down4it until you got more mods. You didn't want to be bitch slapped by a lowly 335i with all the smack talk you've done. You are insecure and need to "wait until you have all the bolt ons".
What you want to wait for is to make sure you can win, because you are insecure and worried about losing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
The M3 is not built on the 335 platform, it is built on the E9X chassis. Come on, don't stretch things to make the cars seem closer.
OK whatever you want to believe. The 335i was built first, the M3 was then developed around that platform. Why that bothers you is beyond me. But again it's the facts. The M3 is simply an improved and upgraded version of the same platform, like the IS-F is to the IS350. BMW didn't design the M3 platform first and then remove the higher performance parts to make the 335i.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Where is my ill informed 335 bashing? I think I'm pretty well informed on the 335 and cars in general. You were the one that said a 335 on pump will trap 116, I still haven't seen it. My whole point is a modded 335 on pump will not match a modded M3 on pump. 335 guys look right over this and start thumping their chest showing times on 100+ octane (of other cars, mostly the tuners own) which they won't be running on the street.
See above for ill informed 335i bashing. See innumerable numbers of your past posts where you make incorrect statements about the 335i and their owners (like your speculation of speculation as to the strength of the N54 engine).
I posted a video like of a Warren's tune only 335i doing 12.2 @ 117 mph on pump gas on the GPS VBox that professional car testers use. As we all know the VBox reads about 1 - 1.5 mph fast on the trap speed due to not averaging the last 66 feet of the run. That means 115.5-116 on pump.
Their are many guys who've done 113-114 on tune only cars with pump. Adding DP's, intake, exhaust and FMIC will easily get them all over 116 mph on pump.
As you learned first hand, on race gas the N54 135/335 will run 119-120 mph with DPs, FMIC, intake, and exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
What I said about the dyno day meet up I meant. I wasn't about to sit around with 335 guys watching them all try to compare themselves to my M3 based solely on the numbers. I already had my preliminary numbers any way. I am having more runs done as we speak, why would I need to meet up with you when my tuner is already doing it and I am paying them for it?
Remember above where you said, "where is my ill informed 335i bashing" and the personal attacks you don't see yourself constantly doing? Here's the perfect example. You just made assumptions about all of us at the dyno day. You did not experience any of us. You just attacked us and made ill informed and ignorant and wrong claims. We wanted an M3 there, we wanted 135i's there we didn't care, you did.
You prejudged all of us and our cars. Then bashed on us at the same time. How do you think people (myself included) were going to respond to that repetitive malicious and ignorant, arrogant and prejudicial remarks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
I like burgers, and would be glad to meet up and take your car for a spin. Mostly to remind me of why I chose the M3. I sincerely hope you do see the sarcasm in my posts. Seems a lot of people miss it.
That's cool. Even if it's to just "remind you of why you chose the M3" Again as arrogant a view as that is, that's fine.
But personally it's the wrong attitude to have. If I was offered to take someone's Honda Civic Si for a drive, I would, but not "to remind me of why I chose a boosted car"
I'd take a 128i for a drive, but again, not to remind me of why I choose the 335i. But rather to experience other cars and see the fun in them too.
You might find yourself loving the low and midrange torque of a boosted I6 too. High revving cars like the M3 are awesome, but many miss the low end power of larger displacement V8's (or F/I cars).
As for the sarcasm in your posts, I do see "some" in "some" but for the most part your posts don't come off as sarcastic but rather (as others have PM'd me and told me about you) as arrogant. Try using a smilie or emoticon to convey sarcasm.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
My line lock is fixed and working correctly, can't wait to see what kind of 60 foots I pull next, cheers, and happy holidays
Great, not sure what the line lock is though. If you mean pulling that fuse so you can burn out better, well again, I wish you luck. I do hope you nail a great 60 foot time and get into the 11's. You'll need more power (or the lower gearing) to get traps up to 117 mph however.
But keep in mind, I've drag raced many cars for years, you may not be able to get any better 60 foot times than you did.
More power means harder to launch. Lower gears means harder to launch and more wheelspin. You'll need to work harder to get better 60 foot times, but again, I hope you do.

PM me if you truly do want to meet up have a burger and drive a tune only 335i.
It's all good to me, and might be good for you too. It would be fun. Water under the bridge.
For my part, sorry if you felt I was attacking you personally in any way. It wasn't my intent and don't care to even imply it further.
If I hear from you in a PM, great. If not, well again that's fine too. I opened the door and gave the invitation (twice). You declined my first "deal" and opportunity to put this all behind you, here's another opportunity. It will be a character builder or a confirmation.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2008, 01:16 AM   #54
Sticky
Banned
United_States
30
Rep
2,244
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Sorry you feel that way. Key word in the last sentence is "feel" is the truth. Difference than what really is.




Again, wrong sorry. I do post about cars, you post about attacking other cars and putting people down who own them. It's a bit hypocritical you don't see your own actions.
I have no desire to "attack" you. I just post the truths to your wrong and speculative claims and assumptions of people and their cars.



Nope you don't get under my skin at all. Like a broken record, again you are wrong. "obsessively" posting about you in e90post?? That's a good one. I've posted like a couple posts when people have made a comment about it.
Funny you go over lurking over there? What are you worried, concerned, insecure, bothered by?




If you loved BMW's you wouldn't talk down on them so much.
I think you are mistaken about who takes what to heart.
It's you who feels he needs to better the 335i times it's not the 335i crowd who is sensitive or feels they need to prove something. I don't take everything you say to heart, actually I take none of it to heart, why would I? I actually kind of feel bad for you to be honest.



Better points? My points are the correct ones to your wrongs.
The piece of your medicine is the fact you are worried about me and have taken what I say to heart and that's what bothers you. That's why you went over to e90post to search my posts.
That's why you are so insecure about the need to beat the 335i times. I don't care if you do 10 @ 130 mph in your M3, the piece of your medicine is the fact you feel you NEED to. And you'll spend $12k on a s/c just to beat the lowly 135i/335i times. It's the reason you felt you needed to dump race gas in your M3 at the strip to get better times since most of your times were in the mid to high 12's @ 111-114 mph even with mods.
But you bag on 335i owners for putting in race gas and then you say a 335i "needs" race gas to keep up with the M3.
It's the reason you need to make incorrect statements like that to make yourself feel better, knowing full well, the 135/335i's beat you, and race gas didn't even get you there equal to them.
There are tune only 335i's on pump running 113-114 mph and ones with some bolt ons that run 115-116 mph on pump.
This fact gets under your skin. That's the piece of your own medicine.
It's the reason you declined to run against Down4it until you got more mods. You didn't want to be bitch slapped by a lowly 335i with all the smack talk you've done. You are insecure and need to "wait until you have all the bolt ons".
What you want to wait for is to make sure you can win, because you are insecure and worried about losing.




OK whatever you want to believe. The 335i was built first, the M3 was then developed around that platform. Why that bothers you is beyond me. But again it's the facts. The M3 is simply an improved and upgraded version of the same platform, like the IS-F is to the IS350. BMW didn't design the M3 platform first and then remove the higher performance parts to make the 335i.




See above for ill informed 335i bashing. See innumerable numbers of your past posts where you make incorrect statements about the 335i and their owners (like your speculation of speculation as to the strength of the N54 engine).
I posted a video like of a Warren's tune only 335i doing 12.2 @ 117 mph on pump gas on the GPS VBox that professional car testers use. As we all know the VBox reads about 1 - 1.5 mph fast on the trap speed due to not averaging the last 66 feet of the run. That means 115.5-116 on pump.
Their are many guys who've done 113-114 on tune only cars with pump. Adding DP's, intake, exhaust and FMIC will easily get them all over 116 mph on pump.
As you learned first hand, on race gas the N54 135/335 will run 119-120 mph with DPs, FMIC, intake, and exhaust.



Remember above where you said, "where is my ill informed 335i bashing" and the personal attacks you don't see yourself constantly doing? Here's the perfect example. You just made assumptions about all of us at the dyno day. You did not experience any of us. You just attacked us and made ill informed and ignorant and wrong claims. We wanted an M3 there, we wanted 135i's there we didn't care, you did.
You prejudged all of us and our cars. Then bashed on us at the same time. How do you think people (myself included) were going to respond to that repetitive malicious and ignorant, arrogant and prejudicial remarks?



That's cool. Even if it's to just "remind you of why you chose the M3" Again as arrogant a view as that is, that's fine.
But personally it's the wrong attitude to have. If I was offered to take someone's Honda Civic Si for a drive, I would, but not "to remind me of why I chose a boosted car"
I'd take a 128i for a drive, but again, not to remind me of why I choose the 335i. But rather to experience other cars and see the fun in them too.
You might find yourself loving the low and midrange torque of a boosted I6 too. High revving cars like the M3 are awesome, but many miss the low end power of larger displacement V8's (or F/I cars).
As for the sarcasm in your posts, I do see "some" in "some" but for the most part your posts don't come off as sarcastic but rather (as others have PM'd me and told me about you) as arrogant. Try using a smilie or emoticon to convey sarcasm.




Great, not sure what the line lock is though. If you mean pulling that fuse so you can burn out better, well again, I wish you luck. I do hope you nail a great 60 foot time and get into the 11's. You'll need more power (or the lower gearing) to get traps up to 117 mph however.
But keep in mind, I've drag raced many cars for years, you may not be able to get any better 60 foot times than you did.
More power means harder to launch. Lower gears means harder to launch and more wheelspin. You'll need to work harder to get better 60 foot times, but again, I hope you do.

PM me if you truly do want to meet up have a burger and drive a tune only 335i.
It's all good to me, and might be good for you too. It would be fun. Water under the bridge.
For my part, sorry if you felt I was attacking you personally in any way. It wasn't my intent and don't care to even imply it further.
If I hear from you in a PM, great. If not, well again that's fine too. I opened the door and gave the invitation (twice). You declined my first "deal" and opportunity to put this all behind you, here's another opportunity. It will be a character builder or a confirmation.
This is turning into a novel so I'll just highlight the main points.

You are basing 116 on a vbox not on the strip? Come on, show me a dragtimes link of a pump gas 335 turning 116.

I never searched for your posts, I could care less. What I searched for was "Famoso." You happen to mention me every time you can in the drag threads it seems.

The M3 is not based on the 335. There is no tweaking of the 335's motor, or suspension, diff, or tranny. It is the same chassis, you could say the M3 is based on the 328 as well in that sense.

As far as how I thought you were going to respond, if you didn't get it already, I didn't care.

Down4it claimed a full bolt on M3 can't beat his 335. I said it can, was I not supposed to run with all the bolt on's? That wouldn't be what we were trying to do, now would it?

We will see what happens at the track, the only way to truly find out is to go again.

You have been drag racing for decades but you don't know what a line lock is?

What do you want from me? To meet up? Are we going on a date? You offered me dinner, that doesn't mean I have to put out. Haha, get it?

Last edited by Sticky; 12-27-2008 at 01:36 AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2008, 03:41 AM   #55
montreal red
chris
montreal red's Avatar
Canada
146
Rep
12,127
Posts

 
Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
wow ... how did this M3 vs 335 battle start? seriously, both cars are good..they just perform differently its as simple as that. the cars are pretty closely matched (esp if the 335 is modded) but then again, someone can always mod the hell out of an M and bring the goal post even further away. its a never ending battle...
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2008, 05:49 AM   #56
mixja
Captain
United_States
19
Rep
783
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 DCT Silverstone
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Beverly Hils, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Yes, you want to find the dealer in your area though. I believe they are based in Orange County though but work with people throughout the world.
I think they are actually an Australian company if my memory serves me correctly - I've heard mixed comments about them in the past, but they have a local agent here in Auckland, New Zealand which suits me...
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2008, 11:47 AM   #57
Driver72
Brigadier General
108
Rep
4,485
Posts

 
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
This is turning into a novel so I'll just highlight the main points.

You are basing 116 on a vbox not on the strip? Come on, show me a dragtimes link of a pump gas 335 turning 116.

I never searched for your posts, I could care less. What I searched for was "Famoso." You happen to mention me every time you can in the drag threads it seems.

The M3 is not based on the 335. There is no tweaking of the 335's motor, or suspension, diff, or tranny. It is the same chassis, you could say the M3 is based on the 328 as well in that sense.

As far as how I thought you were going to respond, if you didn't get it already, I didn't care.

Down4it claimed a full bolt on M3 can't beat his 335. I said it can, was I not supposed to run with all the bolt on's? That wouldn't be what we were trying to do, now would it?

We will see what happens at the track, the only way to truly find out is to go again.

You have been drag racing for decades but you don't know what a line lock is?

What do you want from me? To meet up? Are we going on a date? You offered me dinner, that doesn't mean I have to put out. Haha, get it?

A Vbox time is as accurate as a dragstrip, in many ways it's more accurate than the antiquated dragstrip speed timing lights. The professional car testers/magazines and auto manufacturers use them, thousands of people have used/tested them, I've used one, and Warren who got the 12.1 @ 117.5 used it also on the dragstrip (many, many times to compare) and the times were always within about .05 and often within .5 mph of each other sometimes dead on. That's accurate. He got a 12.2 @ 117 on pump gas, but again to play it conservatively figure 115.5-116 on a strip that measures traps over the last 66 feet of the run. To bad he sold the car, you could of ran him on pump and found out first hand, since on pump you'd maybe of done 113-114 mph best.

Chassis, platform, same difference. The fact is the M3 is based on the 3 series platform/chassis whatever you want to call it.
It is NOT a specifically made platform/chassis FOR the M3.
BMW modified the 328/335i chassis/platform to make the M3. Facts are facts.

And Down4it was right. When he made the offer he was speaking in the present. At the time his 335i would easily walk your bolt on M3. (and his car is not a full bolt on either). Now with the s/c out of course it will be a different story. But that might also change when a big turbo kit is offered for the N54 engine. You passed up his offer because you knew he was right. I'm not sure if that's how he phrased it anyway. He offered to run you as you were, since you were running your mouth and bragging how you beat on Kpari with his old weak tune. You said, "don't call someone out if you can't back it up" Down4it then called you out, since you were running your mouth and saying, "a 335i has no chance against an M3, blah blah" you passed, it's that simple.

See again, your comprehension is wrong. Never said I was drag racing for decades. I'm not that old. Said I've been drag racing for 16 years, but mostly on closed private tracks. For the past 7-8 years at drag strips too, but I run what I bring, I don't go all into details just to get the last itty bitty advantage out of my cars and don't sit there and talk shop with those who do. So no, I've never used a "line lock" and never inquired as to what it is. And I don't care, otherwise I would of simply looked it up before posting. But I have no shame in admitting when I'm not familiar with something, I'm a man I can admit that too.

Not quite dinner, just a burger. No putting out necessary, unless you have a hot sister who might want a threesome with me and my wife, I'll buy her a bit more than a burger.

Listen Sticky, you said you have had 4 BMW's in 7 years.
Assumptions aside, my guess is (and based on what I was told) you are about 23 or 24 years old. That means at 16 your first car was a BMW. And each one of them have been. You never denied that your dad bought (or helped you significantly buy) all of your BMW's. You might of even gotten your job because of your dad. Whatever, nepotism is fine, if you can get it.
My point is, you are young and you are lucky. Just chill on the arrogant down talk to others. Calling people who own 335i's "peasants" and all the other flaming and down talk stuff is crap, and I think you know it (or at least I hope so for your sake).

I have no interest in keeping this going, my work here is done.

Good luck at the track, I hope you break into the 11's with the gears and "line lock".
The offer to meet up and drive each others rides is still open.
I know my tune only 335i won't compare to your M3 for sheer driven pleasure. I've driven many cars too, some exotics as well and they are thrilling, but it doesn't take away from the enjoyment of "lesser" cars. Heck I like driving little Miatas too. They are fun.
Again, you may find you absolutely love the rush of 400+ lbs feet of torque at 3000 rpms.
As I said before, PM me if you want to meet up sometime soon.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2008, 04:33 PM   #58
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
KonigsTiger's Avatar
66
Rep
4,398
Posts

 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post


You'd NEVER know he was though.
If you ever met him, you'd think he was a engineer or something. I know two cops too, both family friends, but they seem much more "cop like" than my FBI buddy.
But he's a good resource for me when needed.

Happy Holidays all.
Hahaha!!! Sounds wonderful!!
__________________
==================================================
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2008, 07:44 PM   #59
Sticky
Banned
United_States
30
Rep
2,244
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
A Vbox time is as accurate as a dragstrip, in many ways it's more accurate than the antiquated dragstrip speed timing lights. The professional car testers/magazines and auto manufacturers use them, thousands of people have used/tested them, I've used one, and Warren who got the 12.1 @ 117.5 used it also on the dragstrip (many, many times to compare) and the times were always within about .05 and often within .5 mph of each other sometimes dead on. That's accurate. He got a 12.2 @ 117 on pump gas, but again to play it conservatively figure 115.5-116 on a strip that measures traps over the last 66 feet of the run. To bad he sold the car, you could of ran him on pump and found out first hand, since on pump you'd maybe of done 113-114 mph best.

Chassis, platform, same difference. The fact is the M3 is based on the 3 series platform/chassis whatever you want to call it.
It is NOT a specifically made platform/chassis FOR the M3.
BMW modified the 328/335i chassis/platform to make the M3. Facts are facts.

And Down4it was right. When he made the offer he was speaking in the present. At the time his 335i would easily walk your bolt on M3. (and his car is not a full bolt on either). Now with the s/c out of course it will be a different story. But that might also change when a big turbo kit is offered for the N54 engine. You passed up his offer because you knew he was right. I'm not sure if that's how he phrased it anyway. He offered to run you as you were, since you were running your mouth and bragging how you beat on Kpari with his old weak tune. You said, "don't call someone out if you can't back it up" Down4it then called you out, since you were running your mouth and saying, "a 335i has no chance against an M3, blah blah" you passed, it's that simple.

See again, your comprehension is wrong. Never said I was drag racing for decades. I'm not that old. Said I've been drag racing for 16 years, but mostly on closed private tracks. For the past 7-8 years at drag strips too, but I run what I bring, I don't go all into details just to get the last itty bitty advantage out of my cars and don't sit there and talk shop with those who do. So no, I've never used a "line lock" and never inquired as to what it is. And I don't care, otherwise I would of simply looked it up before posting. But I have no shame in admitting when I'm not familiar with something, I'm a man I can admit that too.

Not quite dinner, just a burger. No putting out necessary, unless you have a hot sister who might want a threesome with me and my wife, I'll buy her a bit more than a burger.

Listen Sticky, you said you have had 4 BMW's in 7 years.
Assumptions aside, my guess is (and based on what I was told) you are about 23 or 24 years old. That means at 16 your first car was a BMW. And each one of them have been. You never denied that your dad bought (or helped you significantly buy) all of your BMW's. You might of even gotten your job because of your dad. Whatever, nepotism is fine, if you can get it.
My point is, you are young and you are lucky. Just chill on the arrogant down talk to others. Calling people who own 335i's "peasants" and all the other flaming and down talk stuff is crap, and I think you know it (or at least I hope so for your sake).

I have no interest in keeping this going, my work here is done.

Good luck at the track, I hope you break into the 11's with the gears and "line lock".
The offer to meet up and drive each others rides is still open.
I know my tune only 335i won't compare to your M3 for sheer driven pleasure. I've driven many cars too, some exotics as well and they are thrilling, but it doesn't take away from the enjoyment of "lesser" cars. Heck I like driving little Miatas too. They are fun.
Again, you may find you absolutely love the rush of 400+ lbs feet of torque at 3000 rpms.
As I said before, PM me if you want to meet up sometime soon.
We weren't debating the accuracy of the Vbox. What I said was Vbox times are not the same thing as a slip, they aren't. Show me a 116 slip on pump and tune, there isn't one.

Now you are getting it, the M3 is not a modified 335 but a modified 3 series platform / chassis. Bingo.

Down4it said he would beat an M3 with full bolt ons. I said he wouldn't, what don't you get? I did not have full bolt on's at the time. Was I supposed to set myself up to lose or something? Just to satisfy 335 owners ego's? Sorry, he wants a shot, its on my terms.

I don't have a sister, but I don't think your wife would be down for a threesome anyway. If she is, props.

How the hell can you drag race for 16 years without running into someone with a line lock? I mean, it is basic stuff with drag racing. Does not really matter.

I am not 23 or 24. My father did buy me my first BMW, and started my love for BMW's. That was a sweet day 8 years ago.

I hope I break 11's as well. Miatas are fun. If I was looking for torque down low, I might be in a CLK63 BS. I like the rush past 8,000 RPM more though, and there are far less cars with motors capable than there are putting out large torque down low.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2008, 08:56 PM   #60
moog55
Major
moog55's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,110
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

anyone know if i can get the Powerchip flash done in seattle somewhere?
__________________
E92 M3 | Space Gray | Black Novillo |M-DCT | Mods: 20" BBS LM Champion Edition |H&R springs | BMW glossy black grilles | matte black side vents | hardwire V1 | CF roundels | smoked reflectors | BMW aluminum pedals | OSS led angel eyes | 6000k lows | Eisenmann Race exhaust + connecting pipes| Eclipse Diffuser | BMW ZCP CF Splitters & CF Rear Spoiler | IND Custom CF & Space Grey mirrors | ModMyNav front cam, rear cam, iPod video player | Powerchip Stage 2 tune | BMW v2 electronic steering wheel |
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2008, 08:57 PM   #61
Driver72
Brigadier General
108
Rep
4,485
Posts

 
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
We weren't debating the accuracy of the Vbox. What I said was Vbox times are not the same thing as a slip, they aren't. Show me a 116 slip on pump and tune, there isn't one.

Now you are getting it, the M3 is not a modified 335 but a modified 3 series platform / chassis. Bingo.

Down4it said he would beat an M3 with full bolt ons. I said he wouldn't, what don't you get? I did not have full bolt on's at the time. Was I supposed to set myself up to lose or something? Just to satisfy 335 owners ego's? Sorry, he wants a shot, its on my terms.

I don't have a sister, but I don't think your wife would be down for a threesome anyway. If she is, props.

How the hell can you drag race for 16 years without running into someone with a line lock? I mean, it is basic stuff with drag racing. Does not really matter.

I am not 23 or 24. My father did buy me my first BMW, and started my love for BMW's. That was a sweet day 8 years ago.

I hope I break 11's as well. Miatas are fun. If I was looking for torque down low, I might be in a CLK63 BS. I like the rush past 8,000 RPM more though, and there are far less cars with motors capable than there are putting out large torque down low.

Well as for the 115-116 trap timeslip 335i on pump gas, it's simple no one with Tune, Intake, Exhaust, DP's and FMIC have run on pump gas. They all seem to dump in race gas.
However, there are 113-114 times for guys on tune only on pump gas. DP's, intake, exhaust, and FMIC gives you 35-45 rwhp on the dynos. That's easily worth 2 mph trap speeds.
A guy today just dynoed his 335i in 89 degree south florida temps with those same mods on pump 93 octane.
He did 393 rwhp.
Will easily get him 116 mph traps since the guys with those same mods on 100 Octane and 1-1.25 psi more boost from a "race map" are getting 415+ rwhp and that gets them 118-120 mph traps.

I always got it, never said the M3 was a modified 335i.
Said it from the beginning the M3 is on the 335i platform.
You said otherwise, said it wasn't and that they only share the chassis. As I said, platform, chassis, same thing.

What I don't get is why you aren't willing to run unless you know you can win? Why on your terms? What's your fear?
It doesn't matter anyway, everybody knows the reason you declined to run him as is was because you'd lose and you didn't want to do that. That's fine too, but no reason not to admit that fact.

Bummer about your sister. Your right though, my wife has yet to be down for the 3, but she has kissed a girl.

Nice to have a well off father to buy you a BMW (which model was it?) as your first car. I can't be more than a year or two off huh?

As I said a couple times already, most of my drag racing was done on closed private roads (and a few illegal street runs ). I've only run at drag strips for the past 7 years or so. None of those are bracket racing so I never ask what others I'm up against what they have on their car. And if that does come up, nobody mentions "line locks"
I'm guessing it's a transmission mod, but again, I usually don't get into technical discussions when at the track, just go and run for fun.

I also like high revving cars/engines too.
I love both low end torque and high end pull.
I'm sure I'd absolutely love a ZR-1 the best of both.
Again, you made a great choice with the M3, no doubt a wonderful all around car.

Cheers man.

You should give a tuned 335i a spin someday.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2008, 09:43 PM   #62
Sticky
Banned
United_States
30
Rep
2,244
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Well as for the 115-116 trap timeslip 335i on pump gas, it's simple no one with Tune, Intake, Exhaust, DP's and FMIC have run on pump gas. They all seem to dump in race gas.
However, there are 113-114 times for guys on tune only on pump gas. DP's, intake, exhaust, and FMIC gives you 35-45 rwhp on the dynos. That's easily worth 2 mph trap speeds.
A guy today just dynoed his 335i in 89 degree south florida temps with those same mods on pump 93 octane.
He did 393 rwhp.
Will easily get him 116 mph traps since the guys with those same mods on 100 Octane and 1-1.25 psi more boost from a "race map" are getting 415+ rwhp and that gets them 118-120 mph traps.

I always got it, never said the M3 was a modified 335i.
Said it from the beginning the M3 is on the 335i platform.
You said otherwise, said it wasn't and that they only share the chassis. As I said, platform, chassis, same thing.

What I don't get is why you aren't willing to run unless you know you can win? Why on your terms? What's your fear?
It doesn't matter anyway, everybody knows the reason you declined to run him as is was because you'd lose and you didn't want to do that. That's fine too, but no reason not to admit that fact.

Bummer about your sister. Your right though, my wife has yet to be down for the 3, but she has kissed a girl.

Nice to have a well off father to buy you a BMW (which model was it?) as your first car. I can't be more than a year or two off huh?

As I said a couple times already, most of my drag racing was done on closed private roads (and a few illegal street runs ). I've only run at drag strips for the past 7 years or so. None of those are bracket racing so I never ask what others I'm up against what they have on their car. And if that does come up, nobody mentions "line locks"
I'm guessing it's a transmission mod, but again, I usually don't get into technical discussions when at the track, just go and run for fun.

I also like high revving cars/engines too.
I love both low end torque and high end pull.
I'm sure I'd absolutely love a ZR-1 the best of both.
Again, you made a great choice with the M3, no doubt a wonderful all around car.

Cheers man.

You should give a tuned 335i a spin someday.
What the hell are we debating? The 335 platform is not the same thing as the E9X chasiss. It would be accurate to say the M3 is on the E9X platform, not the 335 platform. Man, this is not difficult.

You said a bolt on 335 would trap 116 on pump. It doesn't, seems we now established that. A bolt on M3 will trap 116 on pump, most likely more. We will see though.

What you don't get is that the whole point was 335 with bolt on's vs. M3 with bolt on's. What do I fear? I should just do what other people say? You have no idea if I would lose or not, the only way to find is to do it, and we will. There will be no excuses or debating, simply bolt on's vs. bolt on's. Down4it knows he can't do it on pump gas, what is he afraid of? Why can't he run on pump?

The point is, you were off, not how far you were off.

I have given a tuned 335 a spin, the torque makes them feel faster than they are.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2008, 10:11 PM   #63
Driver72
Brigadier General
108
Rep
4,485
Posts

 
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
What the hell are we debating? The 335 platform is not the same thing as the E9X chasiss. It would be accurate to say the M3 is on the E9X platform, not the 335 platform. Man, this is not difficult.

You said a bolt on 335 would trap 116 on pump. It doesn't, seems we now established that. A bolt on M3 will trap 116 on pump, most likely more. We will see though.

What you don't get is that the whole point was 335 with bolt on's vs. M3 with bolt on's. What do I fear? I should just do what other people say? You have no idea if I would lose or not, the only way to find is to do it, and we will. There will be no excuses or debating, simply bolt on's vs. bolt on's. Down4it knows he can't do it on pump gas, what is he afraid of? Why can't he run on pump?

The point is, you were off, not how far you were off.

I have given a tuned 335 a spin, the torque makes them feel faster than they are.
Your dealing with semantics with your terminology of the e9x platform/chassis.

yes I did say a bolt on/tuned 335i will trap 115-116 on pump and it will. I don't see where you say you've established it doesn't.

Down4it runs 100 Octane full time.
No he doesn't know (and neither do you) that he can't do it on pump, because he might and probably can based on your 111-113+ mph traps on pump gas.
What we do know is you wouldn't run him when he asked the challenge. That we do know.
He fears nothing trust me, I've been in his ride.

Your car traps 115 with what you have and on a race gas mix.
Your car traps around 113+ on pump.
335i's run 113-114 with tune only on pump.
335i's run 115-116 with tune and bolt ons on pump
335i's run 116+ with tune only and race gas.
335i's run 118+ with tune, bolt ons and race gas.
That is what's established, but you still for some reason can't admit or accept that, I'm not sure why though.
Again the truth that everyone knows is you did not want to run Down4it when he offered. You wanted to wait until as you said yourself, you got a few more mods.
You have a fear of losing, no biggie just the truth.
Losing is good though, because this way you can run him again when you get a few more mods and SEE first hand what those mods did for you.

"The torque makes them feel faster than they are"
You feel that way because high revving cars don't feel fast in the lower 1/2 of the rev range.
But you are right in the fact it makes them feel like a huge V8 that will trap 122+ mph.
But still trapping 112-119 mph based on tune, bolt ons and gas is still fast. You learned first hand at the track.

But enough about this 335i bashing you're doing. It's fine if you don't want to admit facts.
Seems no matter how much proof you are shown otherwise, you won't admit/accept it anyway. And that's fine, everybody else knows and sees the truth anyway.
Again, good luck hitting the 11's next week, I really hope you do. It will be a great milestone for the M3. It's a race between you and eagle to see who does it first with the least amount of mods. But his car seems to run a bit stronger than yours though.
I take it you'll have the 3.62 gears on by then? If so, how much do they cost?
Surprised you are just revealing now that you've driven a tuned 335i. Which one with what mods and who's car?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2008, 10:29 PM   #64
Sticky
Banned
United_States
30
Rep
2,244
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Your dealing with semantics with your terminology of the e9x platform/chassis.

yes I did say a bolt on/tuned 335i will trap 115-116 on pump and it will. I don't see where you say you've established it doesn't.

Down4it runs 100 Octane full time.
No he doesn't know (and neither do you) that he can't do it on pump, because he might and probably can based on your 111-113+ mph traps on pump gas.
What we do know is you wouldn't run him when he asked the challenge. That we do know.
He fears nothing trust me, I've been in his ride.

Your car traps 115 with what you have and on a race gas mix.
Your car traps around 113+ on pump.
335i's run 113-114 with tune only on pump.
335i's run 115-116 with tune and bolt ons on pump
335i's run 116+ with tune only and race gas.
335i's run 118+ with tune, bolt ons and race gas.
That is what's established, but you still for some reason can't admit or accept that, I'm not sure why though.
Again the truth that everyone knows is you did not want to run Down4it when he offered. You wanted to wait until as you said yourself, you got a few more mods.
You have a fear of losing, no biggie just the truth.
Losing is good though, because this way you can run him again when you get a few more mods and SEE first hand what those mods did for you.

"The torque makes them feel faster than they are"
You feel that way because high revving cars don't feel fast in the lower 1/2 of the rev range.
But you are right in the fact it makes them feel like a huge V8 that will trap 122+ mph.
But still trapping 112-119 mph based on tune, bolt ons and gas is still fast. You learned first hand at the track.

But enough about this 335i bashing you're doing. It's fine if you don't want to admit facts.
Seems no matter how much proof you are shown otherwise, you won't admit/accept it anyway. And that's fine, everybody else knows and sees the truth anyway.
Again, good luck hitting the 11's next week, I really hope you do. It will be a great milestone for the M3. It's a race between you and eagle to see who does it first with the least amount of mods. But his car seems to run a bit stronger than yours though.
I take it you'll have the 3.62 gears on by then? If so, how much do they cost?
Surprised you are just revealing now that you've driven a tuned 335i. Which one with what mods and who's car?
Buddy, what 111-113 on pump gas? That was at FONTANA. Different track, 80 degree weather, and without the pre-cat delete.

115 on race? Haha, if you call 10 gallons of 91 and 5 gallons of 100 race gas, ok, fine. This next time out, I'm running purely pump and 11's. Something 335's can't do.

We haven't seen a 335 run 116 with tune and bolt ons on pump.

I hope I'll have the 3.62 gears by the next date. I'm not sure what the final cost with installation will be, but the parts are 1800 I believe.

No one's car on the forum, my cousin actually has a 335 with Dinan software. What does this have to do with anything though?

335's run 118+ with tune, bolt on's, and race gas? Really, how many do that? We are talking about what, 1 car? Haha, you use the fastest times recorded as a base for every 335, it is ridiculous. The number of 335's in the 11's can be counted on 1 hand. The reality is most of the cars with tunes run mid to high 12's as drag times shows.

It isn't semantics about the E9X platform or 335 platform. Saying the M3 is built on the 335 platform is flat out wrong. I don't know how much more clear I can be as it is not getting through to you. You are wrong, get over it, move on.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2008, 10:35 PM   #65
Adonislike
Captain
United_States
11
Rep
842
Posts

 
Drives: Toyota Insight/Honda Prius
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (1)

Sticky. Has Dinan released pricing and info on the 3.62?? Its not in their site and I too have been waiting for this. Any info is appreciated
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2008, 10:58 PM   #66
Sticky
Banned
United_States
30
Rep
2,244
Posts

 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonislike View Post
Sticky. Has Dinan released pricing and info on the 3.62?? Its not in their site and I too have been waiting for this. Any info is appreciated
I believe the 3.62 is on their site now.

Let me check.

Edit: It isn't, I thought I saw it. Give them a call and they will be able to help you out.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST