BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Racewerkz Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-26-2008, 09:50 AM   #23
Big Windy
Major General
 
Big Windy's Avatar
 
Drives: audi s4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: seatac, wa

Posts: 5,118
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Congrats E...I own a Breitling Emergency myself, and I could not be happier. I am debating between a Panerai Luminor Base or a Breitling Cosmonaute for the next addition to the collection.
Big Windy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 10:03 AM   #24
montreal red
chris
 
montreal red's Avatar
 
Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 12,123
iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
ooo nice watch but i am liking the phone more! ... how does the storm perform so far? is it an iphone killer?
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
montreal red is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 10:37 AM   #25
MJC///M3
Colonel
 
MJC///M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bronx, NYC

Posts: 2,327
iTrader: (0)

tight watch bro. looks sweet..
__________________
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
MJC///M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 10:46 AM   #26
Scorpion
Major
 
Drives: Nothing
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nowhere

Posts: 1,215
iTrader: (0)

Looks like a James Bond watch lol, nice.
Scorpion is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 11:09 AM   #27
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
 
The_Blob's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada

Posts: 290
iTrader: (0)

Nice watch, but's it too big for your wrist.
The_Blob is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 11:12 AM   #28
jlspeed29
Major
 
jlspeed29's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 C300 Sport
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BOS now..formerly SoCal

Posts: 1,169
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335 coupe  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
Congrats E...I own a Breitling Emergency myself, and I could not be happier. I am debating between a Panerai Luminor Base or a Breitling Cosmonaute for the next addition to the collection.
Im assuming you are a pilot of some sort?

activating your emergency is a big deal i heard?
__________________
Retired: 08E92xZSPxSTYLE230xSADDLExPDCxPADDLExCOMFORT/JB3 tune
Current: 13 w204/white/sport/dynamica-amg interior/multimedia/rear roof spoiler/trunk spoiler/heated seats

A fisherman always sees another fisherman from afar
jlspeed29 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 11:14 AM   #29
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
 
TSM330i's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330i, E86 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chester Springs, PA

Posts: 3,038
iTrader: (2)

Nice watch! Breitling has really become popular in the last few years.

I just picked up my dream watch too - Rolex Cosmograph Daytona - FTW!
__________________
2006 330i, TSM, Black, Sport, JIC Cross Coil-Overs, UUC Sways, 18" Advan RS, Mich PSS 255/265, BMW Electric Steering Wheel, Rogue shifter, M-Tech front, CF emblems, Dinan TB, Intake, exhaust, strut bar, Stoptech BBK, LSD, M3 susp., LUX 5, CF Hood and CSL, Sparco Seats, AA tune, CF Roof
TSM330i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 11:17 AM   #30
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
 
The_Blob's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada

Posts: 290
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW325xi View Post
Nice watch! Breitling has really become popular in the last few years.

I just picked up my dream watch too - Rolex Cosmograph Daytona - FTW!
Rolex Cosmograph Daytona is a really classy yet sporty watch.
10 times better than any Breitling in terms of style and presence.

I used to be a big fan of Breitling until I realized that more real pilots wear Timex digital watches than Breitling. Majority of fighter pilots wear Timex Ironman watches.
The_Blob is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 11:45 AM   #31
Reincarnated
Private First Class
 
Reincarnated's Avatar
 
Drives: new
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: STL

Posts: 194
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blob View Post
Rolex Cosmograph Daytona is a really classy yet sporty watch.
10 times better than any Breitling in terms of style and presence.

I used to be a big fan of Breitling until I realized that more real pilots wear Timex digital watches than Breitling. Majority of fighter pilots wear Timex Ironman watches.
So, the watches you like are dependent on what others are doing and what they like?
Not much of an individual thinker huh...?
Reincarnated is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #32
jlspeed29
Major
 
jlspeed29's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 C300 Sport
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BOS now..formerly SoCal

Posts: 1,169
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335 coupe  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
So, the watches you like are dependent on what others are doing and what they like?
Not much of an individual thinker huh...?

considering breitlings heritage I love my B and the brand!
__________________
Retired: 08E92xZSPxSTYLE230xSADDLExPDCxPADDLExCOMFORT/JB3 tune
Current: 13 w204/white/sport/dynamica-amg interior/multimedia/rear roof spoiler/trunk spoiler/heated seats

A fisherman always sees another fisherman from afar
jlspeed29 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 12:20 PM   #33
KobraKye
Private First Class
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: at work

Posts: 120
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlspeed29 View Post
apparently Breitling sends us hats once they receive our registration cards! lol
I just sold that hat for $60 on ebay lol..gotta love it
KobraKye is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 01:44 PM   #34
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
 
The_Blob's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada

Posts: 290
iTrader: (0)

Ever since the introduction of superbly made Breitling replicas, I lost my interest in the Breitling brand. Even Breitling AD staff have a hard time telling the difference.
The_Blob is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 01:46 PM   #35
chuck92103
Major
 
chuck92103's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Socal

Posts: 1,209
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blob View Post
Nice watch, but's it too big for your wrist.
+1 Looks huge. I guess it is for casual/play.
__________________
2011 535i
2008 VW GTI
chuck92103 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 01:52 PM   #36
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blob View Post
Ever since the introduction of superbly made Breitling replicas, I lost my interest in the Breitling brand. Even Breitling AD staff have a hard time telling the difference.
yes, i've seen quality replicas, but there still isn't anything like the genuine article. most watches i've ever owned don't lose much of their value. i get a really good deal on watches (35% off msrp + tax free) and i've found that whenever i go to sell a watch, i can usually pull back in most, if not all, the money i paid into it. so you buy a replica and all you have is a timex with fancy knock off bezel. i'll take the real watch.
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 01:56 PM   #37
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
 
The_Blob's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada

Posts: 290
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepilot View Post
yes, i've seen quality replicas, but there still isn't anything like the genuine article. most watches i've ever owned don't lose much of their value. i get a really good deal on watches (35% off msrp + tax free) and i've found that whenever i go to sell a watch, i can usually pull back in most, if not all, the money i paid into it. so you buy a replica and all you have is a timex with fancy knock off bezel. i'll take the real watch.
I don't have any replicas but I was seriously considering buying a Colt Automatic at a Brelitling A.D. Timex serves me well due to its reliability and it ain't a waste of money.
The_Blob is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 02:01 PM   #38
Phoenix 21st
First Lieutenant
 
Phoenix 21st's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 M-dct SG
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London

Posts: 325
iTrader: (0)

Nice watch E. I was lucky enough for my other half to buy me a Rolex for Christmas last
Phoenix 21st is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 02:52 PM   #39
1cleanm3
Brigadier General
 
1cleanm3's Avatar
 
Drives: ///E92M3*RR Sport*Prius
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the 818

Posts: 3,606
iTrader: (7)

nice your going to love it...

love mine...
__________________
HRE + CHALLENGE + KW V3 + GINTANI + ARKYM + YOKOHAMA AD08
1cleanm3 is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #40
flyinbrian
First Lieutenant
 
flyinbrian's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Michigan

Posts: 347
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blob View Post
I don't have any replicas but I was seriously considering buying a Colt Automatic at a Brelitling A.D. Timex serves me well due to its reliability and it ain't a waste of money.
A nice watch purchased correctly is usually not a waste of money. I purschased my Omega Speedmaster about 6-7 years ago and it is worth as much as I paid then or more now.
__________________
flyinbrian is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 02:59 PM   #41
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
 
The_Blob's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada

Posts: 290
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinbrian View Post
A nice watch purchased correctly is usually not a waste of money. I purschased my Omega Speedmaster about 6-7 years ago and it is worth as much as I paid then or more now.
Do you have the Speedmaster Professional? The one that was worn on the moon - a manual wind up watch. It has a higher resale value than other Omegas.
The_Blob is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 04:28 PM   #42
monsta
Brigadier General
 
monsta's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen County, NJ/Y.O, NY

Posts: 3,591
iTrader: (2)

beautiful watch E errr I mean R....how are you liking the phone? just got it for my fiance she loves it, I'll stick to my voyager so I don't spend more time fiddling w/ gadgets....glad you didn't get deployed
__________________

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
monsta is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 04:44 PM   #43
jlspeed29
Major
 
jlspeed29's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 C300 Sport
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BOS now..formerly SoCal

Posts: 1,169
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335 coupe  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blob View Post
Do you have the Speedmaster Professional? The one that was worn on the moon - a manual wind up watch. It has a higher resale value than other Omegas.
my manager has that watch...pretty nice and it was a good investment
__________________
Retired: 08E92xZSPxSTYLE230xSADDLExPDCxPADDLExCOMFORT/JB3 tune
Current: 13 w204/white/sport/dynamica-amg interior/multimedia/rear roof spoiler/trunk spoiler/heated seats

A fisherman always sees another fisherman from afar
jlspeed29 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 05:56 PM   #44
matt beard
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 09 AW/FR 6sp.E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Timberlane IL

Posts: 274
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
Depends on how far you take it...
Oh i dont know seems youve taken it to far and then some. Who in the world posts pictures of a wrist watch, are you serious.
matt beard is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST