BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing
 
E92 Lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
Year's_End
RWD only.
 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

Posts: 12,199
iTrader: (0)

Left4Dead

badass game. nuff said.
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Year's_End is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2008, 04:24 PM   #2
PLAYON
Major
 
PLAYON's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Coast

Posts: 1,414
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
I jumped ship when Half Life 2 dropped. . .I've hated myself ever since. . .I was huge into Counter-Strike for a long time.


edit: The first Half Life was absolutely legendary. . .it took me like 5 months to finally beat and one of my most rewarding video game achievements ever.

/endnerdrant
__________________
PLAYON is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2008, 04:29 PM   #3
PLAYON
Major
 
PLAYON's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Coast

Posts: 1,414
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
badass game. nuff said.
whats the premise of the game. . .just a bunch of zombie killing or what?
__________________
PLAYON is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2008, 04:33 PM   #4
Terrance28
Brigadier General
 
Terrance28's Avatar
 
Drives: Crimson Red E92
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Killeen, TX

Posts: 3,336
iTrader: (17)

Send a message via Yahoo to Terrance28
I thought this wasn't coming out until the 18th?
__________________
Mods list got too long, lets just say more than enough.
Terrance28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2008, 04:58 PM   #5
Year's_End
RWD only.
 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

Posts: 12,199
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYON View Post
I jumped ship when Half Life 2 dropped. . .I've hated myself ever since. . .I was huge into Counter-Strike for a long time.


edit: The first Half Life was absolutely legendary. . .it took me like 5 months to finally beat and one of my most rewarding video game achievements ever.

/endnerdrant
Same. I was a big Valve guy, but got bored of them a while ago.

It's basically a coop game. Four people trying to defend themselves while getting from point to point (with the points being called safehouses). It's fun just because you have to rely on your team and there's usually an overwhelming number of zombies. Fun shit.

Btw your sig is ten times better than the one I made you a while back.
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Year's_End is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2008, 04:58 PM   #6
Year's_End
RWD only.
 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

Posts: 12,199
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrance28 View Post
I thought this wasn't coming out until the 18th?
download da demo foo
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Year's_End is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2008, 06:16 AM   #7
MrSteak
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe (6-speed)
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 525
iTrader: (0)

Left 4 Dead is pretty awesome.

There was a zombie mod for COD4 which was cool too, but this is just a very well finished game. Plus you can play as the zombies, and boss zombies too. I've been playing the demo and it's pretty fun.

IMO, the CS mods have always been better than CS. TF2, and L4D are pretty great online games you can just pick up and play. Personally, I've always liked Soldier of Fortune 2, and the COD series more for FPS, but that's cause they have better character physics/control. Although, it's really hard to beat the team play of TF2 and L4D.


[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xbi7A5BnVm8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xbi7A5BnVm8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
__________________
ED & PCD = DONE & DONE! 08' AW/Coral 335i coupe 6-speed (Premium Pkg, Sports Pkg, Heated Seats) *European Delivery

Last edited by MrSteak; 11-16-2008 at 07:43 AM.
MrSteak is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2008, 06:28 PM   #8
Year's_End
RWD only.
 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

Posts: 12,199
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSteak View Post
Left 4 Dead is pretty awesome.

There was a zombie mod for COD4 which was cool too, but this is just a very well finished game. Plus you can play as the zombies, and boss zombies too. I've been playing the demo and it's pretty fun.

IMO, the CS mods have always been better than CS. TF2, and L4D are pretty great online games you can just pick up and play. Personally, I've always liked Soldier of Fortune 2, and the COD series more for FPS, but that's cause they have better character physics/control. Although, it's really hard to beat the team play of TF2 and L4D.


[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xbi7A5BnVm8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xbi7A5BnVm8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
zombie mode in CSS = ftw
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Year's_End is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2008, 07:14 PM   #9
hl0m4n
Brigadier General
 
hl0m4n's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NY

Posts: 4,838
iTrader: (41)

i am totally getting the game as well. but im debating if i should get it on PC or ps3. if i get on PC i want to play with bro so i need to buy two.

whats keeping me back is how long the game is. if it is short ill just get it on PC or ps3 and play by myself. if it long i will buy two and have me and brother play co-op.

on a side note, instead of buying it on steam, will this game be in stores? if that is the case can't i just buy the one from the store install on both pc and just play co-op using the same cd key?
__________________
Cars: 07 335i ► 09 328i ► 11 328xi ► 13 M3
Reviews: 335i Supersprint Exhaust, C/F Trim Wrap, Alcantara Boots, VMR V710, Saikou Michi OCC, Royal Steering Wheel
For Sale:
Want To Buy:
hl0m4n is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2008, 08:33 AM   #10
MrSteak
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe (6-speed)
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 525
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
zombie mode in CSS = ftw
Never played it... always hated CS/CSS. But all the co-op games that have come from it have been great. And so far playing this one, it's another great game.




Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
i am totally getting the game as well. but im debating if i should get it on PC or ps3. if i get on PC i want to play with bro so i need to buy two.

whats keeping me back is how long the game is. if it is short ill just get it on PC or ps3 and play by myself. if it long i will buy two and have me and brother play co-op.

on a side note, instead of buying it on steam, will this game be in stores? if that is the case can't i just buy the one from the store install on both pc and just play co-op using the same cd key?

FPS on a console FTMFL (Plenty of reasons, but I won't get into that.)

Unfortunately you can't buy the game for PC and then install it on 2 PCs with one cd-key. You MIGHT be able to install it on two PCs and play via a LAN server or something like that, but it won't work online.
__________________
ED & PCD = DONE & DONE! 08' AW/Coral 335i coupe 6-speed (Premium Pkg, Sports Pkg, Heated Seats) *European Delivery
MrSteak is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2008, 08:03 PM   #11
hl0m4n
Brigadier General
 
hl0m4n's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NY

Posts: 4,838
iTrader: (41)

^ thats what i mean, thanks. lan on same CD key like unreal tournament. as for FPS on console i would have to disagree. i was a hardcore PC FPS gamer back in the day. but now with the 360 and ps3 on a 52" bravia lcd i found something of equal amusement. it def is not as competitive in handling of a PC like CS but FPS on console do serve their purpose for fun like resistence and gears of war.
__________________
Cars: 07 335i ► 09 328i ► 11 328xi ► 13 M3
Reviews: 335i Supersprint Exhaust, C/F Trim Wrap, Alcantara Boots, VMR V710, Saikou Michi OCC, Royal Steering Wheel
For Sale:
Want To Buy:
hl0m4n is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2008, 09:58 PM   #12
Scorpion
Major
 
Drives: Nothing
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nowhere

Posts: 1,215
iTrader: (0)

Been watching some people play it haven't played it myself, everyone's struggling on the second level on expert lol.
Scorpion is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2008, 12:02 AM   #13
BcuzAWD
Colonel
 
BcuzAWD's Avatar
 
Drives: with E85 on 22psi at 475tq
Join Date: May 2008
Location: norcal

Posts: 2,584
iTrader: (8)

Steams unlocking my game files atm can't wait to play!!!
__________________
R.i.P E90
BcuzAWD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2008, 12:15 AM   #14
Terrance28
Brigadier General
 
Terrance28's Avatar
 
Drives: Crimson Red E92
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Killeen, TX

Posts: 3,336
iTrader: (17)

Send a message via Yahoo to Terrance28
I'm gonna go download it right now.
__________________
Mods list got too long, lets just say more than enough.
Terrance28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2008, 12:50 AM   #15
Terrance28
Brigadier General
 
Terrance28's Avatar
 
Drives: Crimson Red E92
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Killeen, TX

Posts: 3,336
iTrader: (17)

Send a message via Yahoo to Terrance28
Oh man its a FPS, I rarely like those.
__________________
Mods list got too long, lets just say more than enough.
Terrance28 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-18-2008, 10:38 PM   #16
MrSteak
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe (6-speed)
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 525
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
^ thats what i mean, thanks. lan on same CD key like unreal tournament. as for FPS on console i would have to disagree. i was a hardcore PC FPS gamer back in the day. but now with the 360 and ps3 on a 52" bravia lcd i found something of equal amusement. it def is not as competitive in handling of a PC like CS but FPS on console do serve their purpose for fun like resistence and gears of war.

Sure FPS on console can be fun... but I mostly play b/c I like the competition. When I'm better than like 95% of people online, it's foolish to start playing on a console with shitty controls. Using a controller instead of a mouse/keyboard is like trying to go bowling using chopsticks.

Don't get me wrong... GOW is cool, and there are some great free aiming games for consoles, but I only play FPS to play against other people, so I don't waste my time with consoles for that. (Although, I prefer every other type of game on consoles. )
__________________
ED & PCD = DONE & DONE! 08' AW/Coral 335i coupe 6-speed (Premium Pkg, Sports Pkg, Heated Seats) *European Delivery
MrSteak is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2009, 11:07 PM   #17
hl0m4n
Brigadier General
 
hl0m4n's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NY

Posts: 4,838
iTrader: (41)

when will valve be releasing more maps: http://www.moddb.com/mods/dead-before-dawn

also any news on SDK?
__________________
Cars: 07 335i ► 09 328i ► 11 328xi ► 13 M3
Reviews: 335i Supersprint Exhaust, C/F Trim Wrap, Alcantara Boots, VMR V710, Saikou Michi OCC, Royal Steering Wheel
For Sale:
Want To Buy:
hl0m4n is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2009, 12:43 PM   #18
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

Posts: 28,616
iTrader: (3)

fun game. but only on multiplayer
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Crimson92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2009, 01:23 PM   #19
Scorpion
Major
 
Drives: Nothing
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nowhere

Posts: 1,215
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
fun game. but only on multiplayer
agreed, been lagging like hell though. Kills the fun :S.
Scorpion is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #20
///Mandy
N54 <3
 
///Mandy's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Here.

Posts: 1,559
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
fun game. but only on multiplayer
Agree'd, but lately I've been solo'ing. lol
__________________

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
///Mandy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2009, 11:03 PM   #21
got_psi
Bad MOFO
 
got_psi's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Miami

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to got_psi
i almost have all 50 achievements for this game. This shit is mad addicting. I have about 45 achievements.

I play this bitch everyday.
__________________
[img]http://************/acj2ur[/img]
got_psi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2009, 12:16 PM   #22
Scorpion
Major
 
Drives: Nothing
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nowhere

Posts: 1,215
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by got_psi View Post
i almost have all 50 achievements for this game. This shit is mad addicting. I have about 45 achievements.

I play this bitch everyday.
Nice, got 40 so far. You crown the witch yet?
Scorpion is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST