BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-06-2008, 01:01 PM   #45
E92-Lighting
United_States
494

 
E92-Lighting's Avatar
 
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Walnut


Posts: 26,793
iTrader: (319)

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post
Wrong chick to pick on ...I'd go after Danica next time if I were you
fugly
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 01:09 PM   #46
radix
there's something different about him
Philippines
119

 
radix's Avatar
 
Drives: -
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: -


Posts: 896
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxp View Post
The thing is, driving fast really isn't that unsafe. Driving recklessly is unsafe.

Speeding laws are archaic. At this point, they mostly just exist for municipalities to make money.

Street racing *is* reckless driving, maybe not in the strict legal sense, but in every other sense. Personally, If I see you or anyone else street racing, I will immediately call the police and report your license plate number. I have no tolerance for people who put their own personal thrills above the safety of others. If you want to race, go to a track and race where there are no bicyclists, no pedestrians, no deer to pop out of nowhere, no unexpected potholes, etc, and where everyone understands the risks involved.

Driving fast can be unsafe, especially when you're the only one doing it. People that street race should face the jail time they deserve. I suspect that most of these street racers don't really have the driving skill they think they do anyways. At least when you're at a track you know that everyone around you is willing to share in the risk.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 01:32 PM   #47
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
376

 
Tondtar's Avatar
 
Drives: His Mom Crazy
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: El Lay


Posts: 884
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicwoot.com View Post
fugly
I didn't say do her ...I said : Race her
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 01:47 PM   #48
Blake
Banned
No_Country
272

 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement


Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxp View Post
Yeah, I think a few people on this thread are mainlining estrogen. Mixed with a healthy dose of goody-two-shoes self-righteousness.
you, sir, are an idiot. it has nothing to do with enhanced estrogen levels or self-righteousness, it has to do with not killing yourself or someone else. the lady in the IS-F in this situation was the smart person. i'm sure she was sitting in her car hoping this kid would just move on because she didn't want to risk her car or her life, so what! i had someone do that kind of ricey shit to me in my m3 and he almost ended up killing me trying to antagonize me into a race. i wrote a thread about it if you care to find it.

on another note, according to my observations, bmw has made the 335 too inexpensive because it seems that all the import tuner kids have migrated to the 335. it's a damn shame because i see the tokyo drift crowd in nice bimmers everywhere. OP, and all the other douche nozzles that condone his actions, all seem like they just hopped out of a civic hatchback. grow up, be civil, and share the roads. all you're doing is reinforcing bmw stereotypes.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 02:46 PM   #49
marty_mcfly
Banned
52

 
Drives: ???
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cali


Posts: 1,211
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepilot View Post
on another note, according to my observations, bmw has made the 335 too inexpensive because it seems that all the import tuner kids have migrated to the 335. it's a damn shame because i see the tokyo drift crowd in nice bimmers everywhere.

wow. amen. and i thought i was the only one that thought/noticed this.
this is exactly why i dont drive the 335 much anymore. every g-damn 350z, g35, g37, evo, etc etc tries to race me. whether my car is in its stock form, or has all the same stuff it has on right now - its the same result.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 04:15 PM   #50
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
190

 
UltimateBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South


Posts: 3,287
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepilot View Post
on another note, according to my observations, bmw has made the 335 too inexpensive because it seems that all the import tuner kids have migrated to the 335. it's a damn shame because i see the tokyo drift crowd in nice bimmers everywhere. OP, and all the other douche nozzles that condone his actions, all seem like they just hopped out of a civic hatchback. grow up, be civil, and share the roads. all you're doing is reinforcing bmw stereotypes.
Agreed.

But the problem is, power is so cheap now. And even the hyudnai's are making quality cars due to improvements in manufacturing and R&D. So where does a premium brand improve to differentiate itself to justify the cost? Higher tech than we already have? The cost of that would just increase exponentially. Maybe going back to hand built products, but then the consistency might start to lack more. Its a tough market when diminishing returns in products vs. price is as far along as it has become.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 05:51 PM   #51
Sticky
Banned
United_States
49

 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu


Posts: 2,244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
regardless if hes a cop or not, it sounds like you condone this kind of behavior. as far as that writing tickets comment; the law is the law. so what if your car is made for high speeds and setting awesome lap times? that doesnt mean the rules dont apply to you. if you consider calling someone a moron over the internet as harassment (for encouraging street racing nonetheless) then youre a moron.
Just because a law is in the books that makes it correct? There were laws passed forcing relocation of ethnic groups in the US, that is correct because it passed? Sorry, I don't blindly look at laws and assume they are correct, I prefer to think for myself.

Do you have any idea what technical strides the automotive industry has made over the past few decades? Cars are faster, brake better, safter, cleaner, where is the corresponding change in the speed limit?

The speed limit has nothing to do with racing and safety and everyhing to with creating revenue and giving police an excuse to stop you.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #52
ncoig
Lieutenant
13

 
ncoig's Avatar
 
Drives: The women crazy
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Nawlins, LA


Posts: 531
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxp View Post
Quoted posters, check all the boxes below that apply:

[ ] I am a douchebag with a stick up my ass
[ ] I am over 40
[ ] I am a cop (check first box as well)
[ ] I am a female
ROTFL!
__________________
2009 E90 335i 6M ZSP/ZCW/ZPP/iD/CA/PDC/Shds/Alm/iPod/SP/L7 (ED 11/14/08, PCD 1/12/09)
2007 RDX Tech SH-AWD 5A
2006 E90 330i 6M ZSP/ZCW/ZPP/iD/CA/PDC/Shds/Alm/iPod/Phone Cradle/V1 (Retired)
2004 S60R AWD 6M Prem/Clim/Tour/Nav/18"/CK3000/V1 (Retired)
1999 Frontier XE-V6 4WD - F/R ARB Lockers
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 06:17 PM   #53
ncoig
Lieutenant
13

 
ncoig's Avatar
 
Drives: The women crazy
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Nawlins, LA


Posts: 531
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post
+1
+2
__________________
2009 E90 335i 6M ZSP/ZCW/ZPP/iD/CA/PDC/Shds/Alm/iPod/SP/L7 (ED 11/14/08, PCD 1/12/09)
2007 RDX Tech SH-AWD 5A
2006 E90 330i 6M ZSP/ZCW/ZPP/iD/CA/PDC/Shds/Alm/iPod/Phone Cradle/V1 (Retired)
2004 S60R AWD 6M Prem/Clim/Tour/Nav/18"/CK3000/V1 (Retired)
1999 Frontier XE-V6 4WD - F/R ARB Lockers
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 06:22 PM   #54
ncoig
Lieutenant
13

 
ncoig's Avatar
 
Drives: The women crazy
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Nawlins, LA


Posts: 531
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335e92tx View Post
And we could go on year about sizes of appendages,, but it only REALLY matters to one person and the sounds SHE was making last night were not complaints.
Oh, geez.

-N
__________________
2009 E90 335i 6M ZSP/ZCW/ZPP/iD/CA/PDC/Shds/Alm/iPod/SP/L7 (ED 11/14/08, PCD 1/12/09)
2007 RDX Tech SH-AWD 5A
2006 E90 330i 6M ZSP/ZCW/ZPP/iD/CA/PDC/Shds/Alm/iPod/Phone Cradle/V1 (Retired)
2004 S60R AWD 6M Prem/Clim/Tour/Nav/18"/CK3000/V1 (Retired)
1999 Frontier XE-V6 4WD - F/R ARB Lockers
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 06:38 PM   #55
JNic335i
Captain
United_States
120

 
JNic335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA


Posts: 658
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to JNic335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90330iS View Post
what lesson?
that racing on a public road with cars around is dangerous. If I see a person doing this around me I will be the first to call highway patrol and hope that they take you car and driving privileges away. If your out where no one is than that is fair game. You will just involve yourself and the other stupid individual.
__________________
/// E92 | JB4 | UR DP | BMS DCI | H&R | LC Z2S |
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #56
Blake
Banned
No_Country
272

 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement


Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNic335i View Post
that racing on a public road with cars around is dangerous. If I see a person doing this around me I will be the first to call highway patrol and hope that they take you car and driving privileges away. If your out where no one is than that is fair game. You will just involve yourself and the other stupid individual.
bingo. most of these stories i hear on here are people that live in populated cities on congested freeways. racing on roads packed with people is not cool. now if you're in the middle of nowhere and there isn't a soul around for you to hurt besides yourself, go for it. i won't lie and tell you that i don't haul ass whenever i go to my buddy's ranch in the middle of absolute nowhere, because i do, but it just isn't right in the city. besides, you have a better shot at getting hit by lightning then having a chance encounter between a bimmer and an IS-F on some deserted road in the middle of egypt. keep it PC folks.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 07:54 PM   #57
jhv
Lieutenant General
No_Country
731

 
jhv's Avatar
 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles


Posts: 17,307
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Just because a law is in the books that makes it correct? There were laws passed forcing relocation of ethnic groups in the US, that is correct because it passed? Sorry, I don't blindly look at laws and assume they are correct, I prefer to think for myself.

Do you have any idea what technical strides the automotive industry has made over the past few decades? Cars are faster, brake better, safter, cleaner, where is the corresponding change in the speed limit?

The speed limit has nothing to do with racing and safety and everyhing to with creating revenue and giving police an excuse to stop you.
what kind of comparison is that? internment camps and speed limits? yeah, those laws are pretty similar. one was an extreme violation of citizens rights and an act of intense prejudice; the other is in place to maintain the well being of the public. i dont understand why youre so against against speed limits. are you in that big of a rush that you cant stand to drive at a reasonable speed?

i could have a car that stops from 60-0mph in fucking like 1 second, that doesnt mean i should go crusing at 60 on the sidestreets. just because you can doesnt mean you should. improvements in automobile safety DOES NOT correspond to how fast you can/cannot drive. they can make a car out of jello for all i give a shit, but as long as people are driving, there is always room for error, such as crashing into people.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 08:23 PM   #58
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
220

 
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL


Posts: 4,765
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post
I didn't say do her ...I said : Race her
+1 If I didn't know who she was and saw her in the mall, I doubt I would've been interested.
__________________
Stop putting stuff like painted reflectors and premium package in your signature. You're embarrassing.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 08:27 PM   #59
335e92tx
Major
218

 
335e92tx's Avatar
 
Drives: 07-335e92 - monaco blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas


Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepilot View Post
on another note, according to my observations, bmw has made the 335 too inexpensive because it seems that all the import tuner kids have migrated to the 335. it's a damn shame because i see the tokyo drift crowd in nice bimmers everywhere.
When the 335 was designed, Im sure it was intended to fit into a certain price/performance point. They just did not figure what would happen when the various tuners were able to increase output from 20-30 %


So someone splain to me why ACTUAL runs get different treatment than my NON event?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184270

I guess there are just more AR members on some forums than others.
__________________
JBSPEED|MIRO-M6 reps|BMS JB3 V2.0 & DCI |VK Motorwerks DPs|BSH Oil Catch Can |Wavetrac |ETS IC
replacement FP #3 installed on 11/18 @43K - probably more sig updates to follow :/
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 08:39 PM   #60
Inspired
Colonel
77

 
Inspired's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California


Posts: 2,254
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335e92tx View Post
So someone splain to me why ACTUAL runs get different treatment than my NON event?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184270

I guess there are just more AR members on some forums than others.
Read your first post and tell us why. Idiots..Grow the fuck up man.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 08:43 PM   #61
ruxp
Captain
30

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Minneapolis


Posts: 700
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmcguire View Post
Street racing *is* reckless driving, maybe not in the strict legal sense, but in every other sense. Personally, If I see you or anyone else street racing, I will immediately call the police and report your license plate number. I have no tolerance for people who put their own personal thrills above the safety of others. If you want to race, go to a track and race where there are no bicyclists, no pedestrians, no deer to pop out of nowhere, no unexpected potholes, etc, and where everyone understands the risks involved.
Er.. if you're on an empty stretch of freeway, what're the odds of bicyclists and pedestrians popping up out of nowhere?

Why is racing someone on an empty stretch of road reckless driving? Is everyone on the autobahn going 120mph+ driving recklessly, because of the possibility of pedestrians or bicyclists getting hit? Is a pedestrian or bicyclist that pops up out of nowhere going to do any better getting hit at 65mph than they are at 120mph?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmcguire
Driving fast can be unsafe, especially when you're the only one doing it. People that street race should face the jail time they deserve. I suspect that most of these street racers don't really have the driving skill they think they do anyways. At least when you're at a track you know that everyone around you is willing to share in the risk.
Do you take your 335 to the track? If not, why did you buy a 335?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepilot View Post
you, sir, are an idiot. it has nothing to do with enhanced estrogen levels or self-righteousness, it has to do with not killing yourself or someone else. the lady in the IS-F in this situation was the smart person. i'm sure she was sitting in her car hoping this kid would just move on because she didn't want to risk her car or her life, so what! i had someone do that kind of ricey shit to me in my m3 and he almost ended up killing me trying to antagonize me into a race. i wrote a thread about it if you care to find it.
There are two different issues here

1. street racing
2. trying to antagonize someone into a race in a dangerous fashion

I disagree with the second action. But from what it sounds like, the woman in the IS-F didn't even notice the OP. Doesn't sound like he was doing anything 'dangerous.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepilot
on another note, according to my observations, bmw has made the 335 too inexpensive because it seems that all the import tuner kids have migrated to the 335. it's a damn shame because i see the tokyo drift crowd in nice bimmers everywhere. OP, and all the other douche nozzles that condone his actions, all seem like they just hopped out of a civic hatchback. grow up, be civil, and share the roads. all you're doing is reinforcing bmw stereotypes.
So now the BMW stereotype is the Tokyo drift crowd? Strange.

Why did you buy a 335 instead of a 328?

How many people bitching here have a JB3 or other performance mods?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 09:04 PM   #62
Sticky
Banned
United_States
49

 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu


Posts: 2,244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
what kind of comparison is that? internment camps and speed limits? yeah, those laws are pretty similar. one was an extreme violation of citizens rights and an act of intense prejudice; the other is in place to maintain the well being of the public. i dont understand why youre so against against speed limits. are you in that big of a rush that you cant stand to drive at a reasonable speed?

i could have a car that stops from 60-0mph in fucking like 1 second, that doesnt mean i should go crusing at 60 on the sidestreets. just because you can doesnt mean you should. improvements in automobile safety DOES NOT correspond to how fast you can/cannot drive. they can make a car out of jello for all i give a shit, but as long as people are driving, there is always room for error, such as crashing into people.
You apparently missed the point that just because a law is in the books does not make it just or right.

Just because a speed is set at a rate does not mean you HAVE to travel at it. It is called the speed LIMIT. The current limits are archaic and need to be revised to correlate with the abilities of modern automobiles.

You think the speed limit is to protect the safety of the people? I think FAR more intensive driver education and driving courses would make a far greater impact in public safety than an arbitrary number. Licenses are handed out to people who should never have them in the first place. Ignorance is bliss.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 09:05 PM   #63
radix
there's something different about him
Philippines
119

 
radix's Avatar
 
Drives: -
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: -


Posts: 896
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxp View Post
Er.. if you're on an empty stretch of freeway, what're the odds of bicyclists and pedestrians popping up out of nowhere?
Almost zilch. Deer, cayotes, racoons, etc. on the other hand greatly increase the odds. Besides, you're assuming street racers limit their activities to the highways. Just the other day someone posted a thread about how they kept up with a Bentley on Sunset Blvd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxp View Post
Why is racing someone on an empty stretch of road reckless driving? Is everyone on the autobahn going 120mph+ driving recklessly, because of the possibility of pedestrians or bicyclists getting hit? Is a pedestrian or bicyclist that pops up out of nowhere going to do any better getting hit at 65mph than they are at 120mph?
It is reckless because at 120mph+ an empty stretch of highway can turn into a not so empty stretch of highway quicker than you can stop.

You simply cannot compare the autobahn to US highways. It's better maintained, with better drivers, with better lane discipline, etc. Besides, not all of the autobahn is unlimited. Where unlimited, the recommended speed on the autobahn is 80mph. If you get into an accident at greater than the recommended limit, guess who's responsible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxp View Post
Do you take your 335 to the track? If not, why did you buy a 335?
I bought the 335xi because it's a great car, and yes I do plan on taking it to the track at some point. I'm a little too busy right now though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxp View Post
There are two different issues here

1. street racing
2. trying to antagonize someone into a race in a dangerous fashion

I disagree with the second action. But from what it sounds like, the woman in the IS-F didn't even notice the OP. Doesn't sound like he was doing anything 'dangerous.'
What are the pros for street racing?

1. It's fun/exciting.

What are the cons for street racing?

1. Increased chance of damaging your car or others property.
2. Fines or even jail time.
3. Increased chance of killing or seriously hurting someone.
4. Parts damaged by an accident won't be covered under warranty either.
5. It nullifies your insurance in case you do get into an accident.
6. It makes you look like a tool.
7. It gives BMW owners a bad reputation.

I could list more, but there is really no reason to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxp View Post
So now the BMW stereotype is the Tokyo drift crowd? Strange.

Why did you buy a 335 instead of a 328?

How many people bitching here have a JB3 or other performance mods?
I fail to see why ones model selection or mods have anything to do with street racing for two reasons:

1. Mods such as JB3 could very well be, and should be, used for track purposes.

2. It is possible to enjoy increased hp/torque and stay within the bounds of the law, and within the bounds of reason.

You're trying to create cause and effect where there is none. The argument that the only reason people purchase tunes such as JB3 is to street race is absurd.

Last edited by radix; 11-06-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 09:06 PM   #64
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
194

 
TiAg335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Long Island, NY


Posts: 4,711
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335e92tx View Post
When the 335 was designed, Im sure it was intended to fit into a certain price/performance point. They just did not figure what would happen when the various tuners were able to increase output from 20-30 %


So someone splain to me why ACTUAL runs get different treatment than my NON event?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184270

I guess there are just more AR members on some forums than others.
You're kidding right...you mean to tell me BMW engineers didn't know what they were building?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 09:10 PM   #65
335e92tx
Major
218

 
335e92tx's Avatar
 
Drives: 07-335e92 - monaco blue
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas


Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
You're kidding right...you mean to tell me BMW engineers didn't know what they were building?
They knew what the output was if the boost was increased using normal ways and thats why it was limited to 8.5

Why would they take the time to reverse engineer a boost increase (such as the aftermarket uses) when they could dial in whatever boost they wanted?
__________________
JBSPEED|MIRO-M6 reps|BMS JB3 V2.0 & DCI |VK Motorwerks DPs|BSH Oil Catch Can |Wavetrac |ETS IC
replacement FP #3 installed on 11/18 @43K - probably more sig updates to follow :/
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 09:21 PM   #66
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
194

 
TiAg335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Long Island, NY


Posts: 4,711
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335e92tx View Post
They knew what the output was if the boost was increased using normal ways and thats why it was limited to 8.5

Why would they take the time to reverse engineer a boost increase (such as the aftermarket uses) when they could dial in whatever boost they wanted?
I still think that the engineers had a clear understanding of the potential of the N54...and were very well aware of the tuner market.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST