BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-12-2008, 12:45 AM   #67
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
 
bubbletea 4 me's Avatar
 
Drives: Finally here
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Earth

Posts: 1,904
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLITZ View Post
E46 M3, its not all about speed.
if it's not about speed/performance, then why get a performance car. i think a 325i will do just fine for u.. it will do all the things an M3 will do if not more minus the "performance".

and in that case, wouldn't a C6 make more sense especially considering how much the performance differences is.. don't get me wrong, E46 M3 is a beast in its own right and i've always liked it but C6 is in a totally different performance league - if you are looking for a performance car.

of course, if u want a fast sports coupe with backseat, M3 would be a great choice.. although i would take a 335i over it anyday now.
bubbletea 4 me is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2008, 03:06 AM   #68
Krueger///M3
Major
 
Krueger///M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 HPF 2.5, 2008 M3 (Sold)
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pearl District, OR

Posts: 1,401
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2002 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
+1.

I've seen ruxp post before, and he tells it pretty straight up. So if you just want to argue with me Krueger///M3, that's fine, but most people who know stuff about cars know you're simply wrong about how an E46 M3, or ANY M3 would perform against a C6, Z06 or otherwise.
Guys! Read before you post! I never said that the E46 could keep up with the vette, I simply said that it is possible to have an E46 with somewhat, not better, similar performance as the vette without an engine swap. The Z06 vetted are usually referred to as Z06 and C6 (standards) are called C6s. Read back over my posts, nothing in them is at all portraying me as a fanboy!
Krueger///M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2008, 03:17 PM   #69
graider
Colonel
 
graider's Avatar
 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

Posts: 2,408
iTrader: (0)

C6 = No, chick car
C6 Z06 = Yes

believe me, Z06 is a world difference than the regular C6. The difference between the two is like an e46 m3 vs an entry model 3 series.

So between c6 and m3, I would go m3 without a doubt.
graider is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2008, 03:21 PM   #70
graider
Colonel
 
graider's Avatar
 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

Posts: 2,408
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me View Post
if it's not about speed/performance, then why get a performance car. i think a 325i will do just fine for u.. it will do all the things an M3 will do if not more minus the "performance".

and in that case, wouldn't a C6 make more sense especially considering how much the performance differences is.. don't get me wrong, E46 M3 is a beast in its own right and i've always liked it but C6 is in a totally different performance league - if you are looking for a performance car.

of course, if u want a fast sports coupe with backseat, M3 would be a great choice.. although i would take a 335i over it anyday now.
^^335i over an E46 m3? Other than the chip for more hp and the new car smell, it is no M. I think you are bias since you own a 335i.
graider is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-22-2008, 10:23 PM   #71
yoyeewee
Major
 
yoyeewee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW M6 coupe
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 1,046
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
^^335i over an E46 m3? Other than the chip for more hp and the new car smell, it is no M. I think you are bias since you own a 335i.
Yes...the 335i is not an M. However, the 335i has much more updated technology with the turbos versus the E46 NA engine.
__________________
2008 335i coupe Atlantic Blue with Black Leather Steptronic ZSP ZPP NAV PDC COMFORT ACCESS REAR SUNSHADE HEATED SEATS HD RADIO SIRIUS USB/IPOD 20" Klassen K5.1 3-piece wheels w/Toyo Tires Job Design Body Kit M3 Trunk Spoiler Eisenmann Exhaust Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
yoyeewee is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2008, 03:09 AM   #72
AV9
Brigadier General
 
AV9's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 e92 m3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OC

Posts: 4,287
iTrader: (7)

would take the m3 cuz i hate american cars....
AV9 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2008, 03:19 AM   #73
josephr25
Major
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 1,458
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
C6 = No, chick car
C6 Z06 = Yes

believe me, Z06 is a world difference than the regular C6. The difference between the two is like an e46 m3 vs an entry model 3 series.

So between c6 and m3, I would go m3 without a doubt.
Then the M3 is a gay car because it's slower than a C6.
josephr25 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2008, 12:25 PM   #74
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
 
NewSong's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Irvine

Posts: 1,468
iTrader: (0)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfer View Post
Then the M3 is a gay car because it's slower than a C6.
*cough*
__________________
He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
NewSong is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #75
ianbiz
4th E90
 
ianbiz's Avatar
 
Drives: German
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Melbourne/Orlando, Florida

Posts: 5,136
iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to ianbiz
C6 Z06 def.
__________________
Ian
06 325 06 330 06 330 07 335 11 335 Msport
ianbiz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-24-2008, 04:52 PM   #76
graider
Colonel
 
graider's Avatar
 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

Posts: 2,408
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfer View Post
Then the M3 is a gay car because it's slower than a C6.
^^slower is better. Ask the chick that you are banging and she can confirm that for you.
graider is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2008, 07:43 AM   #77
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
 
lyndon_h's Avatar
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Madagascar

Posts: 1,920
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
The C6 Turbo Kits out there right now are pushing the C6 to 700-750hp. They would kill any BMW, M or otherwise.
The base C6 already does that
lyndon_h is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2008, 08:13 AM   #78
mpower03
Captain
 
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: FL

Posts: 957
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
^^335i over an E46 m3? Other than the chip for more hp and the new car smell, it is no M. I think you are bias since you own a 335i.
i think you are also biased since you own a m3. i would say if it is a daily driver go for m3, if it is for fun get the c6. you won't go wrong with the c6 for either one.
__________________
mpower03 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2008, 08:15 AM   #79
mpower03
Captain
 
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: FL

Posts: 957
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
C6 = No, chick car
C6 Z06 = Yes

believe me, Z06 is a world difference than the regular C6. The difference between the two is like an e46 m3 vs an entry model 3 series.

So between c6 and m3, I would go m3 without a doubt.
how is a c6 a chick car. The c6 will murder any m3. m3<c6<z06
__________________
mpower03 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2008, 09:37 AM   #80
graider
Colonel
 
graider's Avatar
 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

Posts: 2,408
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower03 View Post
i think you are also biased since you own a m3. i would say if it is a daily driver go for m3, if it is for fun get the c6. you won't go wrong with the c6 for either one.
^^hehe, I knew someone gona say that. But no, I tested drove both the 335i and the m3, I feel the 355i is too flush/ordinary like a regular car with ton of power. Not my type of car actually.
graider is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2008, 09:41 AM   #81
graider
Colonel
 
graider's Avatar
 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

Posts: 2,408
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower03 View Post
how is a c6 a chick car. The c6 will murder any m3. m3<c6<z06
I think the new m3 and the c6 are neck and neck, no?

btw, The C6 is a chick car because the handling, braking, power, feel, etc are no where as good as the c6 z06. The difference is like a regular 911 vs 911GT3 or Turbo. I personally wouldn't get a regular 911 at all, at least turbo or gt3 or go home.
graider is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2008, 01:28 PM   #82
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
 
lyndon_h's Avatar
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Madagascar

Posts: 1,920
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
I think the new m3 and the c6 are neck and neck, no?

btw, The C6 is a chick car because the handling, braking, power, feel, etc are no where as good as the c6 z06. The difference is like a regular 911 vs 911GT3 or Turbo. I personally wouldn't get a regular 911 at all, at least turbo or gt3 or go home.
I still dont understand how it can be a chick car. just because it doesn't handle as good as a Z06 doesn't mean that it is not one hell of a car. For instance:
The 'Ring numbers of the base C6 are 7:57. Now, keep in mind that these numbers where posted in 2006, and don't include the 30hp and 30lbs that the LS3 provides (standard in 2008+ Corvettes), it also provides suspension upgrades. Its safe to assume that the base Corvette is running 7:50 now.

Lets list out a couple of cars that the base Corvette is faster than (on a track where handling, braking, power and feel is crucial).

BASE Corvette: ~7:50
M3 CSL : 7:50
Ferrari F430 F1 7:55
Ferrari 360CS f1 7:56
E92 M3 8:05
M6 8:08
E60 M5 8:13
M3 E46 8:22 (30 seconds is a big gap to give up to a girl car )





Unless the fore mentioned cars are also girls cars, you're better of saying that you just don't like Corvettes.
lyndon_h is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 08:55 AM   #83
mpower03
Captain
 
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: FL

Posts: 957
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
I think the new m3 and the c6 are neck and neck, no?

btw, The C6 is a chick car because the handling, braking, power, feel, etc are no where as good as the c6 z06. The difference is like a regular 911 vs 911GT3 or Turbo. I personally wouldn't get a regular 911 at all, at least turbo or gt3 or go home.
so your saying the m3 is a chick car then...
__________________
mpower03 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 10:51 AM   #84
graider
Colonel
 
graider's Avatar
 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

Posts: 2,408
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower03 View Post
so your saying the m3 is a chick car then...
where did that come from?

but I think the m coupe looks cute so it maybe a chick car especially in AW.
graider is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 02:50 PM   #85
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
 
NewSong's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Irvine

Posts: 1,468
iTrader: (0)

All cars are chick cars except huge Chevy Trucks with a gun rack in the back. That's a fact.
__________________
He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
NewSong is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 03:40 PM   #86
mpower03
Captain
 
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: FL

Posts: 957
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
where did that come from?

but I think the m coupe looks cute so it maybe a chick car especially in AW.
i was just saying that if a c6 is a chick car then the m3 ought to be a chick car; and that is not true. this is going to sound stupid but my mom has a c6 and when i drive it it is night and day difference, thats all i am saying. I have a z4 m coupe so we have the same engine here. The c6 has power but i prefer the handling, brakes, and ride quality of the m.

oh and AW is the most popular bmw color, a lot of guys drive alpine white cars.
__________________
mpower03 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2008, 03:45 PM   #87
josephr25
Major
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 1,458
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
I think the new m3 and the c6 are neck and neck, no?

btw, The C6 is a chick car because the handling, braking, power, feel, etc are no where as good as the c6 z06. The difference is like a regular 911 vs 911GT3 or Turbo. I personally wouldn't get a regular 911 at all, at least turbo or gt3 or go home.
The current C6 will still beat the current M3 at the track. It's a lot lighter.
josephr25 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-28-2008, 01:09 PM   #88
graider
Colonel
 
graider's Avatar
 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

Posts: 2,408
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower03 View Post
i was just saying that if a c6 is a chick car then the m3 ought to be a chick car; and that is not true. this is going to sound stupid but my mom has a c6 and when i drive it it is night and day difference, thats all i am saying. I have a z4 m coupe so we have the same engine here. The c6 has power but i prefer the handling, brakes, and ride quality of the m.

oh and AW is the most popular bmw color, a lot of guys drive alpine white cars.
hehe, i was just kidding about chick car thing. but the fact that your mom drive a c6, that showed that most chick or old man drive the regular c6 and I saw it all the time around my town. seriously, that how the real word is.

but the c6 z06 is bad ass and driven by enthusiast.
graider is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST