BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion
 
OneEighty
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-28-2008, 03:50 PM   #23
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
MVF4Rrider's Avatar
49
Rep
2,060
Posts

 
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas NV

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
again other then cost there is no reason to get a 135i over an M3... so quit kidding yourselves.
No argument there. Of course I'd rather have a mint E46 M3 over both. And I wouldn't even care if the E46 M3 (bone stock) was slower. It's still bad ass and can be modded to levels the others will never obtain, thanks to limitless aftermarket parts and its worldwide popularity. A mint one can be had for less green than a 135i as well, and the difference can be used to not only give it better road manners, but put it level in acceleration with its baby brother. Best looking of the three as well. Although next to the 135i that's not saying much.
__________________
'08 Carrera S 6MT Guards Red/Black ext leather, Carbon fiber pkg, sport exh, sport chrono +, PASM, Nav, Bose, 19" forged turbos, red tranny tunnel
'07 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 1+1, Corse Red/Silver, RG3 race pipes and factory race ECU
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2008, 05:25 PM   #24
TLud
Colonel
TLud's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
2,280
Posts

 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVF4Rrider View Post
No argument there. Of course I'd rather have a mint E46 M3 over both. And I wouldn't even care if the E46 M3 (bone stock) was slower. It's still bad ass and can be modded to levels the others will never obtain, thanks to limitless aftermarket parts and its worldwide popularity. A mint one can be had for less green than a 135i as well, and the difference can be used to not only give it better road manners, but put it level in acceleration with its baby brother. Best looking of the three as well. Although next to the 135i that's not saying much.
The E9X M3 hasn't been out long enough for aftermarket manufacturers to come out with a full complement of products for it. When the E46 first came out, everyone was talking about how it couldn't really be modded for more power. Now people are saying the same thing about the E9X M3. I just bought an '09 E92 M3, and by the time I get past BMW's warranty, there will be tons of options for performance upgrades.

Also, it would take a lot of work (far more than just a suspension upgrade) to give an E46 M3 the improved road manners and handling of an E9X M3.

Don't get me wrong. I love the E46 M3 and am not putting it down; just trying to be objective here.
__________________
'09 Interlagos Blue E92 M3 (sold to a good home)
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2008, 03:40 PM   #25
graider
Colonel
graider's Avatar
26
Rep
2,408
Posts

 
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto

iTrader: (0)

regardless of how it perform, the 135i just doesn't do it in the look department. It looks like a chick car IMO
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2008, 03:53 PM   #26
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
44
Rep
2,295
Posts

 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USOFA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
if you like the 135 over the m3 then its cause of the price, plain and simple.
what a narrow minded comment...Yeah, we all brought 135's cause we couldnt afford a M3. Such a typical M3 owner comment.

Other than cost theres no reason to get a 135 over a M3? LOL. What a classic. Are you beating off over your M3 right now?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2008, 04:01 PM   #27
M3NNIS
Colonel
M3NNIS's Avatar
44
Rep
2,191
Posts

 
Drives: a truck for now
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DFW

iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to M3NNIS Send a message via MSN to M3NNIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastrix View Post
what a narrow minded comment...Yeah, we all brought 135's cause we couldnt afford a M3. Such a typical M3 owner comment.

Other than cost theres no reason to get a 135 over a M3? LOL. What a classic. Are you beating off over your M3 right now?
Thats not what I said, I didnt say you couldnt afford an M3. And I dont have a superiority complex cause I own an M3 either.


like I said Other then COST no reason to get a 135i over an M3.

Again like I said. If both cars cost the same money, NO ONE... would buy the 135i.....period.
if you say you would your retarded..

please read what is written and dont try to figure out what someone is thinking.

also, like I said, I love the 135i and I plan to get one.. so my comments are not negative toward that car at all.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 07:18 AM   #28
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
155
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastrix View Post
what a narrow minded comment...Yeah, we all brought 135's cause we couldnt afford a M3. Such a typical M3 owner comment.

Other than cost theres no reason to get a 135 over a M3? LOL. What a classic. Are you beating off over your M3 right now?
The bare facts are that it's the cost difference that makes someone chose the 135i over the M3. I don't believe for one moment that everyone who chooses the 135i can't afford the M3, only they don't see the extra benefit for the extra cost in the M3.

I am the same way with the Cayman and the 997 but it's not to say I couldn't afford the other, only I would chose not to pay the extra. Though this is slightly different in that the Cayman is the better car to start with, unlike the 135i which isn't.

P.S.
Your comments on 'typical' M3 owner is tarring yourself with the same brush.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST