BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-23-2008, 03:49 PM   #45
mpimping
Banned
 
Drives: gti
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ny,ny

Posts: 337
iTrader: (0)

i saw a video of a rsx beating a e46 m3 but not sure what mods the rsx had...
mpimping is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2008, 03:53 PM   #46
mpimping
Banned
 
Drives: gti
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ny,ny

Posts: 337
iTrader: (0)

mpimping is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2008, 06:53 PM   #47
scalbert
Major General
 
scalbert's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 M3, '13 Volt, '08 Ody
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Woodstock, GA

Posts: 5,707
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Don't like Audis or lexus.



e36 m3 is high on the list.




No backseats.

Man, you are finicky. If it weren't for our previous discusions, I might mistake you for a 18 year old female primadonna.

Although turbo E36 M3's have been done well, they are hardly considered reliable. It is difficult to get something to run right 100% of the time when the output has more than doubled. Yes, they can run well. But do not expect it to always start or run right and it will happen when people are with you.

If the B5 S4 is out, I would seriously consider a CTS-V. Granted, I am not a huge fan of the design. But an LS6 engine with a blower can make 500 WHP and do it for years. You could pick one up for low $20k range, if not less. And add $6k in the blower and call it a day. Yes, it will drop in price but I suspect in five years you could still move it for $15k if the miles have not stacked up too high. This is also something you could seriously drive hard and is something does break, parts are more readily available and cost effective.

There will always be compromises when you have your goals set. You must decide which needs are greater.
scalbert is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2008, 06:58 PM   #48
e90dream
Private
 
Drives: 2007 e90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

c5 Z06. can get them cheap and they are close to 500hp. its also a 12 sec car stock
__________________
07 e90 335i, Graphite, Premium, Sport, CA, iDrive
e90dream is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2008, 06:58 PM   #49
scalbert
Major General
 
scalbert's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 M3, '13 Volt, '08 Ody
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Woodstock, GA

Posts: 5,707
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90dream View Post
c5 Z06. can get them cheap and they are close to 500hp. its also a 12 sec car stock
No back seat...
scalbert is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2008, 07:13 PM   #50
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
 
SpecC's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Francisco and Davis

Posts: 15,442
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to SpecC
This makes no sense. What regular car DOESN'T depreciate in value? I can only think of a few off the top of my head and they all cost 200,000 or more when new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
Whatever, ur not driving it because you are afraid it will put miles on it and depreciate your precious 3 series....


You're one of those guys that buy nice things just so u can say you "have" it and actually never use it...
From what the OP has contributed to this thread so far, this is exactly the case I see it.
SpecC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2008, 08:36 PM   #51
O-cha
Brigadier General
 
O-cha's Avatar
 
Drives: Mcoupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In front of you

Posts: 4,729
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to O-cha
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
Man, you are finicky. If it weren't for our previous discusions, I might mistake you for a 18 year old female primadonna.

Although turbo E36 M3's have been done well, they are hardly considered reliable. It is difficult to get something to run right 100% of the time when the output has more than doubled. Yes, they can run well. But do not expect it to always start or run right and it will happen when people are with you.

If the B5 S4 is out, I would seriously consider a CTS-V. Granted, I am not a huge fan of the design. But an LS6 engine with a blower can make 500 WHP and do it for years. You could pick one up for low $20k range, if not less. And add $6k in the blower and call it a day. Yes, it will drop in price but I suspect in five years you could still move it for $15k if the miles have not stacked up too high. This is also something you could seriously drive hard and is something does break, parts are more readily available and cost effective.

There will always be compromises when you have your goals set. You must decide which needs are greater.
I'm pretty set on an e36 M now, I'll turbo it if I decide to and the motors are cheap if it blows. Plus it will be a nice project to get it sparkling.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecC View Post
This makes no sense. What regular car DOESN'T depreciate in value? I can only think of a few off the top of my head and they all cost 200,000 or more when new.



From what the OP has contributed to this thread so far, this is exactly the case I see it.
Cuz your like him, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and explain it clearly. The 335 depreciates anywhere from 5-10k a year, regardless of if you drive it. So if your like me and you don't drive it, your spending that money PLUS high insurance rates to leave a car parked. That is retarded, plain and simple. (and the exact opposite of what you two intelligent minded people have surmised)

If I were to pick up a low mile or medium mile e36 on the other hand and leave it sit, it would hold its value very well, I would easily be able to sell it in three years for the same thing I bought it for, most likely more as I'll fix it up and get it in better condition. Add to that a huge drop in insurance and the reasoning should be pretty simple.
__________________
O-cha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2008, 09:20 PM   #52
backtofront001
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 AW 135i
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 352
iTrader: (0)

Get a bicycle because ur attitude certainly does not represent a person who is able to handle a moving vehicle on public roads. And, if your precious self gets defensive, SUCK IT THE F*ck up, it is the internet. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you don't like it then go f*ck yourself
backtofront001 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2008, 09:28 PM   #53
O-cha
Brigadier General
 
O-cha's Avatar
 
Drives: Mcoupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In front of you

Posts: 4,729
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to O-cha
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofront001 View Post
Get a bicycle because ur attitude certainly does not represent a person who is able to handle a moving vehicle on public roads. And, if your precious self gets defensive, SUCK IT THE F*ck up, it is the internet. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you don't like it then go f*ck yourself
Opinion? I don't see me responding to peoples opinions, I see myself responding to idiots who can't be bothered to actually read the thread. If you can't be bothered to read a thread before responding you don't deserve to be treated politely in my opinion.

I love people who use asterisks like it makes their swearing OK, like everyone and their mother can't tell what you were trying to type? Go fuck yourself.
__________________
O-cha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2008, 09:35 PM   #54
Boost Gomez
Colonel
 
Boost Gomez's Avatar
 
Drives: C63 AMG
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Miami

Posts: 2,367
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Opinion? I don't see me responding to peoples opinions, I see myself responding to idiots who can't be bothered to actually read the thread. If you can't be bothered to read a thread before responding you don't deserve to be treated politely in my opinion.

I love people who use asterisks like it makes their swearing OK, like everyone and their mother can't tell what you were trying to type? Go fuck yourself.
Oh shit, italics on the your. Hardcore.. But anyway, go with the E36, you get to keep the BMW pedigree in your stable, it's fairly easy to mod for power to satiate your desires, and you can fill it with as many parts/equipment in the backseat and trunk as you want. Fin.
Boost Gomez is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2008, 11:17 PM   #55
in5ane_3
Lieutenant General
 
in5ane_3's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sun Valley, California

Posts: 16,221
iTrader: (3)

I'd go with a CTS-V. It's an awesome car to mod, a hell of a lot of power can be pushed out of those engines.
in5ane_3 is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2008, 01:27 PM   #56
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
 
McLuVan's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Socal~818~

Posts: 13,120
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpimping View Post
lmao
is that supposed to be like fast and furious 4
hahahahahahhahaahha
__________________
McLuVan is offline   Vietnam
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2008, 02:07 PM   #57
im spencer
has hope for the N52
 
im spencer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 e90 328i 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pasadena, CA

Posts: 804
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to im spencer
lol.... how unfortunate that you have to take such a defensive stance on something so irrelevant its the internetz relaxz a little bittttssss

__________________
im spencer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2008, 02:08 PM   #58
MontegoblueE92
Captain
 
MontegoblueE92's Avatar
 
Drives: It Like He Stole It
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: M-Town

Posts: 958
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Opinion? I don't see me responding to peoples opinions, I see myself responding to idiots who can't be bothered to actually read the thread. If you can't be bothered to read a thread before responding you don't deserve to be treated politely in my opinion.

+1 nobody seems to be reading the thread.

If I were you, I'd just get a 335.
MontegoblueE92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2008, 02:18 PM   #59
scalbert
Major General
 
scalbert's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 M3, '13 Volt, '08 Ody
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Woodstock, GA

Posts: 5,707
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
+1 nobody seems to be reading the thread.

If I were you, I'd just get a 335.
He already owns a 335i. He is debating on selling it and getting soemthing else.
scalbert is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2008, 02:47 PM   #60
darkphantom
Banned
 
Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The place for Bimmers

Posts: 5,949
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to darkphantom
Hmm...after reading this thread, the OP has answered his own question...and he already knew it prior to us responding, but by us responding to this thread, and him not appreciating our answers, he has, in fact, even more so rectified his decision to go with the E36 M3....

My question to you, OP, is why did you buy your 335i when you are trying to get rid of it already? : also, what is wrong w/ stripping the 335i and turning it into a track car?

500HP doesn't mean shit if the car weighs a ton....what is the purpose you're looking for? so you can brag your ride has 500hp? or are you looking to track it? (you have the M roadster for the track)

darkphantom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2008, 02:55 PM   #61
O-cha
Brigadier General
 
O-cha's Avatar
 
Drives: Mcoupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In front of you

Posts: 4,729
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to O-cha
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
He already owns a 335i. He is debating on selling it and getting soemthing else.
Scalbert I'm disappointed in you, I'm 99% sure he was kidding. Either that or I don't even want to think about it.
__________________
O-cha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2008, 02:57 PM   #62
WAYNEBO
Captain
 
WAYNEBO's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SoCal

Posts: 670
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Gen1 IS300 w/ a Supra motor swap.
__________________
2007 335i 6MT Coupe, Monaco Blue, RPi Ram Air Scoops, Magnaflow cat-backs, H&R Sport springs, 19" Staggered Miro LM-Rs
2000 F250 V10 Superduty 4WD, K&N intake, Banks Monster exhaust, DR 8" lift w/ Welds on 37s
WAYNEBO is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2008, 03:04 PM   #63
O-cha
Brigadier General
 
O-cha's Avatar
 
Drives: Mcoupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In front of you

Posts: 4,729
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to O-cha
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
Hmm...after reading this thread, the OP has answered his own question...and he already knew it prior to us responding, but by us responding to this thread, and him not appreciating our answers, he has, in fact, even more so rectified his decision to go with the E36 M3....

My question to you, OP, is why did you buy your 335i when you are trying to get rid of it already? : also, what is wrong w/ stripping the 335i and turning it into a track car?

500HP doesn't mean shit if the car weighs a ton....what is the purpose you're looking for? so you can brag your ride has 500hp? or are you looking to track it? (you have the M roadster for the track)

Actually the e36 was always a good choice, but I didn't really want one, but it's been growing on me and more reasons have come to pass why it's the better decision.

As for the rest:

335 will NEVER EVER be a good track car, it is impossible, even stock I run up to 290 degree oil temps at Sebring, just unacceptable, while it can be SOMEWHAT solved with an oil cooler that doesn't fix the underlying issue. There are also too many plain reliability concerns for the engine. It really wasn't meant to be put on track. If I was going to strip down a car I would start with something else.

I had originally planned on it being a fast street car but the 400hp ceiling the car has is well below my expectations.



As for the 500hp, it's not a bragging thing, I don't brag about HP, it's an enjoyment thing. The M coupe is both for the track and daily driving because it does both superbly (sans the missing back seat), the 500hp is just for street fun, yes irresponsible dangerous street fun.
__________________
O-cha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #64
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
 
lux.sh's Avatar
 
Drives: fast around corners.
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Curves

Posts: 4,860
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
Wow, Im surprised that this moron survived in E90POST with nearly 3000 posts.

I guess moderators are on vacation these days. what the hell?

Yeah, "reliably" and "easily" mod a E46 M3. good luck.
__________________
06 AW E90 330i ZPP/ZSP/Step/Expired Warranty

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
lux.sh is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2008, 04:32 PM   #65
Spool
******
 
Spool's Avatar
 
Drives: A few
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DC Metro

Posts: 6,167
iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh View Post
Wow, Im surprised that this moron survived in E90POST with nearly 3000 posts.

I guess moderators are on vacation these days. what the hell?

Yeah, "reliably" and "easily" mod a E46 M3. good luck.


im surprised i survived it for this long too...given how much borderline porn i post and such...


but yeah, back to O-cha, he's a douche...but every forum has an internet gangsta so i don't expect anything less
__________________


MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Spool is offline   Vietnam
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2008, 04:43 PM   #66
mpimping
Banned
 
Drives: gti
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ny,ny

Posts: 337
iTrader: (0)

e36 m3 ftw
mpimping is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST