BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-11-2009, 04:51 AM   #89
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Robin_NL's Avatar
Netherlands
82
Rep
4,696
Posts

 
Drives: AW 1M , Assetto Corsa
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands, Europe

iTrader: (0)

I hope last week of february I'll be at the NS again. Couldn't make it last october. it's been more than a year since I've been at the NS...
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 07:48 AM   #90
skierman64
Brigadier General
skierman64's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,068
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 Space Gray M3 & E36M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Greater St Louis Metro area

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to skierman64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socale92 View Post
somebody should build a replica
There's no way it would work in the US, the lawyers would put it out of business in the first month with lawsuits.
__________________
Get a professional motorsports full featured stopwatch app for your Blackberry here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19464
Invest Wisely...The best mod for your money?? BMWCCA high performance driver's school. The mod that lasts a lifetime and improves the performance of any car you drive
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 09:33 PM   #91
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot
21
Rep
558
Posts

 
Drives: ????
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: los angeles

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
There's no way it would work in the US, the lawyers would put it out of business in the first month with lawsuits.
really? i mean, other tracks exist, if it was a dedicated circuit im not convinced it would be impossible
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 10:36 AM   #92
adc
Brigadier General
53
Rep
4,151
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 ED
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MD/DC

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socale92 View Post
somebody should build a replica
Shenandoah has a Carousel replica...
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #93
armyav8tor
n1smo
armyav8tor's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
1,449
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socale92 View Post
really? i mean, other tracks exist, if it was a dedicated circuit im not convinced it would be impossible
The Ring is carved into the side of the Eifel Mountains so it would be pretty hard to duplicate. Its the crazy elevation and gradient changes that catches people off guard. I'll probably hit Road Atlanta when I get back to the States but I am going to miss the Green Hell.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 12:55 PM   #94
armyav8tor
n1smo
armyav8tor's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
1,449
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
I hope last week of february I'll be at the NS again. Couldn't make it last october. it's been more than a year since I've been at the NS...
I like your optimistic outlook. I think weather still might be an issue in February.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 12:58 PM   #95
armyav8tor
n1smo
armyav8tor's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
1,449
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by booforty View Post
I'll be back there in the Summer
Have fun! Wish I could be there with you!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 04:58 PM   #96
skierman64
Brigadier General
skierman64's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,068
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 Space Gray M3 & E36M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Greater St Louis Metro area

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to skierman64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socale92 View Post
really? i mean, other tracks exist, if it was a dedicated circuit im not convinced it would be impossible

No track in the US allows you to pay at toll and just head out to the track without waivers, helmets, safety inspections, an on-board instructor...etc, etc. That's the difference.

The lawyers would have a field day with Nurburgring style tourist laps, the insurance for such an event would be cost unimaginable.

Plus to be quite honest, the driving skill of an average American is well below that of the average European. In Europe most take driving very seriously, as it should be. A 'ring style track in the US would be under red flag for accidents more than it would open.
__________________
Get a professional motorsports full featured stopwatch app for your Blackberry here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19464
Invest Wisely...The best mod for your money?? BMWCCA high performance driver's school. The mod that lasts a lifetime and improves the performance of any car you drive
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 08:34 PM   #97
Dare
Major
Dare's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,334
Posts

 
Drives: 335i E92 Montego Blue
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Irvine CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 E92 335iS  [0.00]
2005 330ci E46  [0.00]
2008 E92  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to Dare
Look out for the AssFarts!
__________________


Car Pics
Pre M-Fest 2009 Photos
Official Montego E9x Owners Club: Click Here
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2009, 01:33 AM   #98
armyav8tor
n1smo
armyav8tor's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
1,449
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
No track in the US allows you to pay at toll and just head out to the track without waivers, helmets, safety inspections, an on-board instructor...etc, etc. That's the difference.

The lawyers would have a field day with Nurburgring style tourist laps, the insurance for such an event would be cost unimaginable.

Plus to be quite honest, the driving skill of an average American is well below that of the average European. In Europe most take driving very seriously, as it should be. A 'ring style track in the US would be under red flag for accidents more than it would open.
The average German has no idea what the Nurburgring is, just as the average American if there was something similar in the States. The difference between Germany and the US is that the Germans accept the risks (and take responsibility) where as Americans do everything in their power to mitigate the risks (blame it on the lawyers, the lawmakers, ourselves...). There are so many crashes at the Ring on any given weekend. To get a clean lap means basically being the first ones onto the track which was luckily my case in the videos. On both days, in less than 10 min after the completion on my lap the track was closed due to a crash and this goes on all day long.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 03:04 AM   #99
Great White
Second Lieutenant
Great White's Avatar
Switzerland
7
Rep
259
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 E92 DCT AW/PS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Between Autobahn country & Swiss chocolates

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2000 M5 E39  [5.00]
2008 M3 E92  [0.00]
2002 318i Compact  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyav8tor View Post
There are so many crashes at the Ring on any given weekend. To get a clean lap means basically being the first ones onto the track which was luckily my case in the videos. On both days, in less than 10 min after the completion on my lap the track was closed due to a crash and this goes on all day long.
hmm so sad but so true ! sometimes even for hours on end
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #100
BayerischeMotorenWerke
Second Lieutenant
BayerischeMotorenWerke's Avatar
3
Rep
259
Posts

 
Drives: slowly and carefully
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Motel 6

iTrader: (0)

That is one scary looking track with all the guardrails and trees. I'm not sure I'd make it out alive tbh.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 01:26 PM   #101
Speedtrap
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
24
Rep
1,800
Posts

 
Drives: A very fast car :)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayerischeMotorenWerke View Post
That is one scary looking track with all the guardrails and trees. I'm not sure I'd make it out alive tbh.
Sure you will Just come over and try it out
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #102
///Monster
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
148
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knext21 View Post
Wow just like Forza!! lol...... Looks like fun
Haha hear that!
__________________
2009 E92 AW M3

Living the Dream
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST