BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-08-2008, 02:56 AM   #1
Fkellym3
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3 V8 414hp 4.0l stock car..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mclean, VA

Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)

sound system

Has anybody in here ever put a better sound systems than the bmw factory sound system?


I am not liking the factory sound systems in my car and considering of changing. (because its not loud enough and the sound is not even crystal clear)
Fkellym3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2008, 03:09 AM   #2
bmstyle71
Captain
 
bmstyle71's Avatar
 
Drives: jet black e92 m3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: tampa florida

Posts: 637
iTrader: (0)

I'm in the process of upgrading the subs and amp. This guy posted a VERY GOOD diy on e90post.com So I'm doing my research to see if it's the same process since he did it on an e90 328. But I'm going to do it soon. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163804
bmstyle71 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2008, 03:21 AM   #3
Fkellym3
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3 V8 414hp 4.0l stock car..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mclean, VA

Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmstyle71 View Post
I'm in the process of upgrading the subs and amp. This guy posted a VERY GOOD diy on e90post.com So I'm doing my research to see if it's the same process since he did it on an e90 328. But I'm going to do it soon. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163804
a subwoofer on the floor? i thought the subwoofer is under my driver seat.

correct me if i am wrong..
Fkellym3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2008, 03:22 AM   #4
bmstyle71
Captain
 
bmstyle71's Avatar
 
Drives: jet black e92 m3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: tampa florida

Posts: 637
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fkellym3 View Post
a subwoofer on the floor? i thought the subwoofer is under my driver seat.

correct me if i am wrong..
It is.... He moved the seat. Or do you mean its on the actual seat?
bmstyle71 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2008, 03:26 AM   #5
Fkellym3
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3 V8 414hp 4.0l stock car..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mclean, VA

Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmstyle71 View Post
It is.... He moved the seat. Or do you mean its on the actual seat?
my bad..I mean the actual seat..

I need to re-take a look at my car again to be sure where the subwoofer is.
Fkellym3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2008, 03:27 AM   #6
bmstyle71
Captain
 
bmstyle71's Avatar
 
Drives: jet black e92 m3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: tampa florida

Posts: 637
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fkellym3 View Post
my bad..I mean the actual seat..

I need to re-take a look at my car again to be sure where the subwoofer is.
No I'm pretty sure all 3 series' woofers are under the front seats. Should be a fun DIY though
bmstyle71 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2008, 04:05 AM   #7
Fkellym3
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3 V8 414hp 4.0l stock car..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mclean, VA

Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmstyle71 View Post
No I'm pretty sure all 3 series' woofers are under the front seats. Should be a fun DIY though
alright i believe you..


I just never had a chance to explore under the seat since i got the car.. i wonder if i have bunch of coins under the seat as well.

Last edited by Fkellym3; 10-08-2008 at 04:41 AM.
Fkellym3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2008, 04:07 AM   #8
badfish
Major
 
badfish's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 AW M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,035
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
I did nearly the same upgrade except a bit cleaner. I put an Alpine PDX-5 amp where the stock amp goes. Upgraded the front speakers to Diamond Audio S400S speakers. Only thing it really needs is an EQ to even things out. But just those upgrades alone made it a lot better.
__________________
badfish is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2008, 04:44 AM   #9
Fkellym3
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3 V8 414hp 4.0l stock car..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mclean, VA

Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish View Post
I did nearly the same upgrade except a bit cleaner. I put an Alpine PDX-5 amp where the stock amp goes. Upgraded the front speakers to Diamond Audio S400S speakers. Only thing it really needs is an EQ to even things out. But just those upgrades alone made it a lot better.
I want to do that..

where is the amp by the way? (the trunk right?)
Fkellym3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2008, 04:53 AM   #10
Big Windy
Major General
 
Big Windy's Avatar
 
Drives: audi s4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: seatac, wa

Posts: 5,118
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fkellym3 View Post
I want to do that..

where is the amp by the way? (the trunk right?)
yeah, in the trunk...check the e90post.com DIY section before you start playing, there is a lot of helpful info on there.
Big Windy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2008, 04:59 AM   #11
bmstyle71
Captain
 
bmstyle71's Avatar
 
Drives: jet black e92 m3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: tampa florida

Posts: 637
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fkellym3 View Post
I want to do that..

where is the amp by the way? (the trunk right?)
trunk left. Trunk right is the battery. You know where the cd tray is? Pop that out and the amp is right there. Or some silver thing that looks like an amp hahah.
bmstyle71 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2008, 05:01 AM   #12
Fkellym3
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3 V8 414hp 4.0l stock car..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Mclean, VA

Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmstyle71 View Post
trunk left. Trunk right is the battery. You know where the cd tray is? Pop that out and the amp is right there. Or some silver thing that looks like an amp hahah.

i always thought that was a tissue box holder..

again.. i never really explored my car at all
Fkellym3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2008, 07:58 AM   #13
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
 
Radiation Joe's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Macungie PA

Posts: 2,749
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [4.25]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [5.00]
My e46 got the last of the a/d/s amps and speakers. It was an improvement, but in retrospect, the loss of some trunk space, bluetooth problems blamed on the amp and the extra weight of that big ass amp and cross-overs wasn't worth it. I'll leave this one stock unless something absolutely superior and seamless shows up.
__________________

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Radiation Joe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-08-2008, 01:14 PM   #14
Doc
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M3 AW/Blk sunroof 19s
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Posts: 288
iTrader: (0)

check my car out for an install that is light and a vast improvement over any options that bmw have to offer, for less money. the e90 thread above is a good guide to start with..
Doc is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST