BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
E92-lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-01-2008, 09:30 PM   #1
Straz M3
Never Lose
Straz M3's Avatar
24
Rep
1,146
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Windy City

iTrader: (2)

Heard an Eisenmann Race in person today...WOW!

Yes, I've heard every youtube clip of this exhaust including that one where the camera is on the back of the car. However, in person this thing is just amazing. Rogue Engineering was installing it on a customer's car today and I stayed for the install because I have been desperately trying to listen to different exhausts for our cars.

This exhaust is WILD! I was skeptical of all of the claims of it being loud and amazing because it is just a muffler but after seeing and hearing it today in person I was sold. If you have ever heard an AMG, and can note the deepness of the tone, I feel like you would hear some similarities between this Eisenmann Race and an AMG. At Idle it is clearly louder with a nice burble. It screams almost like an exotic sounding American V8. I was so impressed with the sound but the question remains. Is it worth $2900? I'll sleep on it and let you know
__________________
'11 Melbourne Red Metallic / Black/Fox/Fox 6MT E92 ///M3
ZCP | Convenience Package | Premium Package 2 | Heated Seats | Enhanced Premium Sound l BMW Apps
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 09:51 PM   #2
SR71M3
Black Bird
SR71M3's Avatar
1
Rep
88
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: D.C.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straz M3 View Post
Yes, I've heard every youtube clip of this exhaust including that one where the camera is on the back of the car. However, in person this thing is just amazing. Rogue Engineering was installing it on a customer's car today and I stayed for the install because I have been desperately trying to listen to different exhausts for our cars.

This exhaust is WILD! I was skeptical of all of the claims of it being loud and amazing because it is just a muffler but after seeing and hearing it today in person I was sold. If you have ever heard an AMG, and can note the deepness of the tone, I feel like you would hear some similarities between this Eisenmann Race and an AMG. At Idle it is clearly louder with a nice burble. It screams almost like an exotic sounding American V8. I was so impressed with the sound but the question remains. Is it worth $2900? I'll sleep on it and let you know
exotic and American don't go in the same sentence, but otherwise could you give an example of which American v8 it sounds like?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 10:49 PM   #3
DoNDoN
Colonel
DoNDoN's Avatar
Thailand
28
Rep
2,038
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 AW
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (1)

I have one and I absolutely love it. I have never had so many compliments from just an exhaust. I think this is what should have come with the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 11:59 PM   #4
kmax1980
Private First Class
1
Rep
117
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E93 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71M3 View Post
exotic and American don't go in the same sentence, but otherwise could you give an example of which American v8 it sounds like?
ford gt sounds pretty exotic...
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 12:11 AM   #5
endofanera7
Major General
endofanera7's Avatar
No_Country
118
Rep
5,188
Posts

 
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to endofanera7 Send a message via MSN to endofanera7
man i wish someone in the bay area has it. I would love to listen to them in person as well!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 01:52 AM   #6
Straz M3
Never Lose
Straz M3's Avatar
24
Rep
1,146
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Windy City

iTrader: (2)

As far as exotic american...you are right...those two words dont belong in the same sentence. I guess at idle its very american-ish with a low deep gurgle but as it climbs up in RPMs it sounds more and more high pitched.

Call me crazy, but I heard some Eleanor from Gone in 60 Seconds while listening to that car (1967 Shelby GT500).
__________________
'11 Melbourne Red Metallic / Black/Fox/Fox 6MT E92 ///M3
ZCP | Convenience Package | Premium Package 2 | Heated Seats | Enhanced Premium Sound l BMW Apps
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 01:58 AM   #7
watrob
Major
watrob's Avatar
Australia
25
Rep
1,496
Posts

 
Drives: MY2013 X5M 50d - White
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brisbane - Australia

iTrader: (0)

If you think it sound good now wait until you have put a couple hundreds miles on it, it gets better with age!
__________________

X5 M50d White, 20"rims, Adaptive Drive, HUD, Xenon Adapt Lights, Rear/Side Camera, Sunroof, Auto Tailgate, Comfort Access, Active Perforated Ventilated Comfort Seats, M Paddle Shift, Active Crus, Stop/Go, Proff Nav + TV, DAB, 16 Spk Ind HiFi, USB, Internet, Apps, 4 Zone Air, Towbar 20% Tint, 5mm Castor Bushes, Yellow Calipers, Ceramic Pads
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 09:09 AM   #8
bigjae1976
That's what she said...
bigjae1976's Avatar
82
Rep
5,622
Posts

 
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Milwaukee, WI

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Straz,

Have you heard the Remus Race yet? If so, how does it compare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmax1980 View Post
ford gt sounds pretty exotic...
Even more than American, ford and exotic shouldn't go in the same sentence.
__________________


Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 09:20 AM   #9
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Nate@IND's Avatar
482
Rep
10,444
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (19)

This thread just made my day

Eisenmann's E9X M3 Race systems has to be one of the best sounding systems they have ever released. The Race performance takes about 1200 miles for the sound to fully mature. I hope you get the chance to hear it after the break-in. Eisenmann is an OE manufacturer for AMG and SLR MClaren so that might explain some of the sound characteristics that you were hearing.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 10:27 AM   #10
Straz M3
Never Lose
Straz M3's Avatar
24
Rep
1,146
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Windy City

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
Straz,

Have you heard the Remus Race yet? If so, how does it compare?



Even more than American, ford and exotic shouldn't go in the same sentence.
No, I haven't heard the Remus Race yet but I am looking forward to doing so. If it sounds close to what I heard yesterday it might be the better deal at less than half the cost. I really want this Eisenmann though! Why does it have to be $2800?
__________________
'11 Melbourne Red Metallic / Black/Fox/Fox 6MT E92 ///M3
ZCP | Convenience Package | Premium Package 2 | Heated Seats | Enhanced Premium Sound l BMW Apps
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 10:38 AM   #11
CatchM3
Major
CatchM3's Avatar
United_States
37
Rep
1,199
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 Mineral Grey
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boca Raton

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [4.50]
Got one for sale if anyone is interested
Video clips and photos available
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190218
__________________
2015 MG M3 // Blck Ext Merino Leather // Driver Assistance Plus // Exec Package // Lighting Package // M Double Clutch // Adaptive M Suspension // 19" Blck Wheel 437 M Mix Tire // CF interior trim // Navi system // Harman Kardon surround system // Full IND ext cosmetic pckge Gloss Black // BMW CF perform trunk spoiler // 35% window tint // 15mm Macht Schnell // Powder coated Gloss Black Exhaust Tips //
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 10:41 AM   #12
Reincarnated
Private First Class
Reincarnated's Avatar
4
Rep
194
Posts

 
Drives: new
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: STL

iTrader: (0)

How is the in-car sound level though on the race version? More drone compared to the sport version?
I want something that has some sound to it but not annoying in the cabin.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 11:10 AM   #13
cipher5
cipher5's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
2,801
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 535xi Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (10)

Nice! Enjoy your exhaust. I got the Sport and I love it.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 11:14 AM   #14
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Nate@IND's Avatar
482
Rep
10,444
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
How is the in-car sound level though on the race version? More drone compared to the sport version?
I want something that has some sound to it but not annoying in the cabin.
Sounds like the Eisenmann Sport system would work best for you.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 11:20 AM   #15
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
SlammedR8's Avatar
Canada
118
Rep
4,937
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
Quote:
Originally Posted by watrob View Post
If you think it sound good now wait until you have put a couple hundreds miles on it, it gets better with age!
Took the words right out my mouth, when I first installed my Eisenmann - I loved it but it was a little baffled sounding, somewhat restricted..but after 2000-3000km --WOW, its actually amazing. the sound opened up and cleared up and sounds VERY exotic-like. I wouldn't swap for it anything!

Thanks to Nate again @ IND for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
This thread just made my day

Eisenmann's E9X M3 Race systems has to be one of the best sounding systems they have ever released. The Race performance takes about 1200 miles for the sound to fully mature. I hope you get the chance to hear it after the break-in. Eisenmann is an OE manufacturer for AMG and SLR MClaren so that might explain some of the sound characteristics that you were hearing.
100% - broken in sound is 10x better then when freshly installed!
__________________
2010 Audi R8 V10 Coupe 6MT-White on Red
GMG Exhaust | H&R Springs | H&R Spacers | Carbonio Intake | UniTronic ECU Upgrade| 15% Tints/50% Windshield|LED License Plate
2013 Range Rover Sport-Black on Black
Stock with 15% Tint & 50% Windshield
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 12:19 PM   #16
Reincarnated
Private First Class
Reincarnated's Avatar
4
Rep
194
Posts

 
Drives: new
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: STL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Sounds like the Eisenmann Sport system would work best for you.
Am I to take from that the Race is annoying in the cabin?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 12:32 PM   #17
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
114
Rep
2,938
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [3.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
Am I to take from that the Race is annoying in the cabin?
Ep, this is Eric! Good to see ya mate.

I've been in a cabin that has the Race and it wasn't too intrusive, not enough anyway to make Bluetooth calls any harder to make.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 12:40 PM   #18
Ilia@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Ilia@IND's Avatar
107
Rep
2,207
Posts


 
Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (3)

The Race is still completely tolerable in the cabin, but we recommend the Sport system for most customers that are into a less aggressive sounding system.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 12:43 PM   #19
Reincarnated
Private First Class
Reincarnated's Avatar
4
Rep
194
Posts

 
Drives: new
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: STL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse Motors View Post
Ep, this is Eric! Good to see ya mate.

I've been in a cabin that has the Race and it wasn't too intrusive, not enough anyway to make Bluetooth calls any harder to make.
Hey!! Didn't recognize you at first. I see you have a new gig going on.
It looks like you own the Race. You pleased or is it a touch too loud? Wish you went with Sport?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #20
Reincarnated
Private First Class
Reincarnated's Avatar
4
Rep
194
Posts

 
Drives: new
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: STL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND View Post
The Race is still completely tolerable in the cabin, but we recommend the Sport system for most customers that are into a less aggressive sounding system.
I want an aggressive sound but don't want the cabin to be overwhelmed.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 12:53 PM   #21
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
114
Rep
2,938
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [3.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
Hey!! Didn't recognize you at first. I see you have a new gig going on.
It looks like you own the Race. You pleased or is it a touch too loud? Wish you went with Sport?
I haven't received it yet, IND said I should have it in the next couple of weeks.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2008, 04:42 PM   #22
Boost3dm3
Lieutenant
Boost3dm3's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
470
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: DC Metro

iTrader: (0)

i heard the race in cabin thanks to dondon and i have to say there is a slight drone but thats to be expected from such a loud exhaust. I think its a bit too much for a DD commuting an hour each way to work but to each his own.
__________________
Become a BMW CCA member; please use member #405205 as a reference . Click here to join online
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST