BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

E92 Lighting
View Poll Results: Who won the 1st Presidential Debate?
Barack Obama 38 55.07%
John McCain 20 28.99%
Tied 11 15.94%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

09-26-2008, 10:41 PM   #1
lecatrache
Five Star General

Drives: 330i Black Sph PP/SP/NV/MTk

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Who won the first presidential debate?

Did you guys watch the first presidential debate on Sep 26? Who do you think won?
lecatrache is offline   United_States
      09-26-2008, 10:48 PM   #2
NoKids
Major

Drives: ...

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
i dont think you can WIN a debate. somebody will always think their guy won. I turn to EXHIBIT A: George Bush had believers who thought he won some debates. These morons are now McCain supporters.
      09-26-2008, 10:54 PM   #3
bolinp78
G35 convertee

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKids View Post
i dont think you can WIN a debate. somebody will always think their guy won. I turn to EXHIBIT A: George Bush had believers who thought he won some debates. These morons are now McCain supporters.
dumbass.
      09-26-2008, 11:09 PM   #4
lecatrache
Five Star General

Drives: 330i Black Sph PP/SP/NV/MTk

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
i dont think you can WIN a debate.
What I meant was, in your opinion, who handled the questions better? Who demonstrated better knowledge of the issues? Who has the best plan? Who improved their score with you the most, based on the debate? etc etc

I guess the polls in the news tomorrow or early next week will also show the impact of this debate on people's perception. The debates are key in winning or losing supporters, although not the only way to do it, of course.
lecatrache is offline   United_States
      09-26-2008, 11:15 PM   #5
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General

Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

Garage List
Quote:
I think they both did fine, but I just can't support someone who openly wants to take more of my money by raising taxes. They both make Bush look like I bigger Bafoon. I like Obama ok but this "MORON" is voting for the Old Guy!
      09-26-2008, 11:25 PM   #6
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio

Drives: 08' 328i

McCains obvious strong points were foreign affairs, the guy breathes that shit.

When it came time for Obama to answer foreign affairs, he didn't fail, it just seems it was less of a thought out process like McCain's.

On the other hand, Obama did quite well in the other areas mentioned.

Tie?

eh?... some could see it that way, I didn't.

I'd say Obama had a slight edge.

I don't favor a lot of McCain views though so....
Los Angeles is offline   No_Country
      09-27-2008, 12:12 AM   #7
Major

Drives: E90 325i; F10 528i; 2002tii

I voted “McCain”, even though at this point my real vote is going to the other guy. My bet is that McCain appealed better to the part of the population that can not find Afghanistan on a map.

McCain hit the hot button issues well, and he did not come across as “old” as I expected. That said, being articulate does not make one right. We need a time table to give Iraq back to the Iraqi’s, unless we are planning to be there for 100 years. And I agree with Obama, Afghanistan should be (and should have been) the focus. The fact that Obama sees Pakistan for what it is shows the head in the sand posture of McCain, not stupidity on Obama’s part. But I don’t think that it came across that way.
      09-27-2008, 12:14 AM   #8
ideliver
Major

Drives: 08 E60 M5 & 08 Infiniti QX56

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
What matters the most...wast that there was not a big FAIL...otherwise...no one (except the political junkies) can remember anything about the debates...they both performed well....

...after when they were showing the shots of the crowd...they flashed to a "gray haired guy" and my wife asked who that was...John Kerry....funny how irrelevant a person can become in 4 yrs...
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

09-27-2008, 01:54 AM   #9
sayemthree
Brigadier General

Drives: bmw

wow - the saying " He speaks with forked tongue" came to mind.
      09-27-2008, 07:43 AM   #10
louz4
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2006 Z4 Roadster

Quote:
Only a few days ago this (Non-voting Canadian) poster proclaimed that McCain would win. Now he calls McCain supports morons. In a recent post he called 51% of Americans idiots. Does he support McCain or Obama or as I suspect just whatever way the wind is blowing at the moment. I think the debate was pretty much a draw. More important will be the media surveys of the public. The preception of a win may sway some votors, but I think most people have seen enough of all the candidates by now to have made a decision. Barring some big gaf from either side.
      09-27-2008, 09:00 AM   #11
uberschnell
Brigadier General

Drives: // 135i //, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
wow - the saying " He speaks with forked tongue" came to mind.
You speakum truth, kimosabe. You go back now, drink'em more firewater.
- 08 135i - Wavetrac LSD, AST 4100, Swift springs, Brembo GT brakes, M3 front sway, Meyle HD links, Dinan Camber plates, Whiteline subframe bushings, M3 rear guide and upper link, M3 front control arms, HP custom M3 front Strut brace, Megan rear control arms, F30 brake shields -
uberschnell is offline   No_Country
      09-27-2008, 09:14 AM   #12
MCS
e90 newbie

Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Overall - TErrible debate.

Who was the moderator - he lobbed softballs..

Nothing new learned from either camp.

Call me stupid ( as I'm sure you will)

My first lesson when I was a geek in the debate club was to never conceed or say "You're right, so and so"

Didn't Obama break that first rule of debate? Considering he's a Harvard educated "First-Class" speaker and debater, I think that a lowly, almost Naval acadamy-reject did pretty well against him.

Just by these facts, I think McCain will see a bounce in the independent voters - a group I belong to.

Debate does absolutely nothing to sway the minds of those already made up
      09-27-2008, 12:03 PM   #13
lvwirelessguy
Captain

Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to lvwirelessguy
Its No Country For Old McCain
lvwirelessguy is offline   United_States
      09-27-2008, 01:25 PM   #14
solefald
Nigerian Prince

Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
So I was watching TV around 12am PST last night (AFTER all the polls came out), flipping through the channels and stop on Faux News. My favorite GOP idiot Sean Hannity is on.

First he goes on to tell that polls show that McCain won the debate over Obama 82% to 18% (Even Republican Governor of Mississippi sitting right next to him said that there is no way these numbers are correct)

And then he tells people that "Obama did not perform well, often getting irritated, interruptive and often launching personal attacks on Senator McCain"

Are you fucking kidding me right now? Did he watch some other debate or what????
      09-27-2008, 01:39 PM   #15
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General

Drives: 2007 E92 335i

After McCain said "I dont think Obama really understands" for the fourth time, I realllllly wanted Obama to take the gloves off.
2007 E92 335i - TC Kline DA Coilovers, HPA M3 Suspension Retrofit, Quaife LSD, Stoptech 6/4 BBK, Volk TE-37s, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Forge DVs, Stett OC, RB Turbos, Procede V5, PWM Meth, Helix IC, EAS DCI, Rixster VEI, M-Tech Sides, OEM Aero Lip, Rieger Spoiler, Vorsteiner V-35 Hood, Performance Steering Wheel, Anthracite Headliner, OSS Headlights
TheAcAvenger is offline   United_States
      09-27-2008, 01:47 PM   #16
nocturnal
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
So I was watching TV around 12am PST last night (AFTER all the polls came out), flipping through the channels and stop on Faux News. My favorite GOP idiot Sean Hannity is on.

First he goes on to tell that polls show that McCain won the debate over Obama 82% to 18% (Even Republican Governor of Mississippi sitting right next to him said that there is no way these numbers are correct)

And then he tells people that "Obama did not perform well, often getting irritated, interruptive and often launching personal attacks on Senator McCain"

Are you fucking kidding me right now? Did he watch some other debate or what????
+1

E90 325i | Jet Black | Beige | Burl Walnut |Cold Weather | PDC | Nav | Sunroof

"From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire"
      09-27-2008, 01:47 PM   #17
nocturnal
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
After McCain said "I dont think Obama really understands" for the fourth time, I realllllly wanted Obama to take the gloves off.
+9

E90 325i | Jet Black | Beige | Burl Walnut |Cold Weather | PDC | Nav | Sunroof

"From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire"
      09-27-2008, 02:20 PM   #18
XxLancaxX
Captain

Drives: 2008 AW 335xi

Garage List
Debate goes both ways just depends on who you like. I personally think McCain is way more experienced than Obama. How ever if Obama waited until next term to run again he would have my vote. Just too young right now and McCain is way more experienced and versed than Obama. But Once again this is MY opinion and Im not going to sit here and flame anyone else's vies. To each their own. My Vote is for McCain.
XxLancaxX is offline   United_States
      09-27-2008, 03:50 PM   #19
NoKids
Major

Drives: ...

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by louz4 View Post
Only a few days ago this (Non-voting Canadian) poster proclaimed that McCain would win. Now he calls McCain supports morons. In a recent post he called 51% of Americans idiots. Does he support McCain or Obama or as I suspect just whatever way the wind is blowing at the moment. I think the debate was pretty much a draw. More important will be the media surveys of the public. The preception of a win may sway some votors, but I think most people have seen enough of all the candidates by now to have made a decision. Barring some big gaf from either side.
i need to stop posting on politics. i'm going to go Greyhound on somebody if i read any more excuses from McCain sympathizers
      09-27-2008, 04:49 PM   #20
louz4
First Lieutenant

Quote:
i need to stop posting on politics. i'm going to go Greyhound on somebody if i read any more excuses from McCain sympathizers
Go Greyhound if you like. But while you are riding the bus you might give this a little thought. Everyone who has read your recent posts knows what you have said. If you think Mccain will win (as you said in one post) thats great. You are intitled to your opinon. And I would strongly support your right to voice it. But when you say 51% of Americans are idiots (as you said in that same post) I take exception. When you call McCain supporters morons(as you did in another post) again I must take exception. You insult a whole population. That of a country in which you do not reside and speaking for myself I don't appreciate it. By all means continue to post on political threads if you like but if you will insist on calling us all idiots and morons you should expect and be prepared for the response. Have a nice bus ride.
      09-27-2008, 04:52 PM   #21
solefald
Nigerian Prince

Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by louz4 View Post
Go Greyhound if you like. But while you are riding the bus you might give this a little thought. Everyone who has read your recent posts knows what you have said. If you think Mccain will win (as you said in one post) thats great. You are intitled to your opinon. And I would strongly support your right to voice it. But when you say 51% of Americans are idiots (as you said in that same post) I take exception. When you call McCain supporters morons(as you did in another post) again I must take exception. You insult a whole population. That of a country in which you do not reside and speaking for myself I don't appreciate it. By all means continue to post on political threads if you like but if you will insist on calling us all idiots and morons you should expect and be prepared for the response. Have a nice bus ride.
man, i dont know what you guys are on about. NoKids is actually not a McCain supporter, as i can judge from his previous posts.
      09-27-2008, 05:06 PM   #22
louz4
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
man, i dont know what you guys are on about. NoKids is actually not a McCain supporter, as i can judge from his previous posts.
It is unimportant who he supports. What I'm on about as you put it, and as you would know if you have been reading his posts is that our friend from Canada has called 51% 0f Americans idiots. This comment included with a nasty video he found poking fun at Dems. At which time he said McCain would win. Then he posted another comment calling McCain supporters morons. I don't care who he supports. But I don't appreciate someone, especially from another country insulting the intellegence of all Americans. I wouldn't think you would either.