BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-25-2008, 05:38 PM   #1
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
 
BIGNTASTIE's Avatar
 
Drives: white/red 08 M3, 05 Rangerover
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: queens, NY

Posts: 589
iTrader: (0)

horrible day =[

So I went in for my initial service today.. knew it was gonna take about 2 hours so I brought my school work.. got it done , 3 hours past nothing said. I walked up to my service agent.. she says "we got terrible news". to make it short, they drained out my DCT fluid and its not supposed to be drained out couldn't be replaced cuz they have to order it, I wont have it until Tuesday. I feel a horrible weekend approaching
BIGNTASTIE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2008, 05:45 PM   #2
Kobaiyashi
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 E90 M3 (JetBlack/FoxRedExt)
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: East Bay, CA

Posts: 311
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNTASTIE View Post
So I went in for my initial service today.. knew it was gonna take about 2 hours so I brought my school work.. got it done , 3 hours past nothing said. I walked up to my service agent.. she says "we got terrible news". to make it short, they drained out my DCT fluid and its not supposed to be drained out couldn't be replaced cuz they have to order it, I wont have it until Tuesday. I feel a horrible weekend approaching
That sucks man. On the bright side, at least they were upfront that they screwed up and can remedy the problem easily. Better that then to be told something was actually wrong with the car.

Noentheless, that sure is frustrating. I feel for ya!
Kobaiyashi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2008, 06:49 PM   #3
TLud
Colonel
 
TLud's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,280
iTrader: (3)

That does really suck, but at least they figured it out instead of trying to replace it with the wrong fluid. Your weekend could have been a lot worse were your tranny to blow.

Did you at least get a loaner?
TLud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2008, 07:55 PM   #4
ideliver
Major
 
ideliver's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E60 M5 & 08 Infiniti QX56
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: At the gas station

Posts: 1,232
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
That does really suck, but at least they figured it out instead of trying to replace it with the wrong fluid. Your weekend could have been a lot worse were your tranny to blow.

Did you at least get a loaner?
Exactly....however...it completely boggles the mind that this nonsense keeps happening....

Stealerships FTMFL
__________________
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

ideliver is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2008, 08:00 PM   #5
rzm3
Moderator
 
rzm3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,598
iTrader: (14)

i feel ya bigntaste, during my initial service, the dealer told me they drained the oil from the engine but doesn't have enough new oil in stock. i bitched them out and they drove 4 hours round trip to another dealer for oil, and then delivered my car to my house.
__________________
E92 M3 DCT - AiM EVO4 Data Logger / AiM SmartyCam HD / KW Competition 2-Way / OMP ARS Racing Seats / Brembo GT 365 / Pagid Yellow RS-29 / Rear Seats Delete
rzm3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2008, 08:13 PM   #6
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
 
BIGNTASTIE's Avatar
 
Drives: white/red 08 M3, 05 Rangerover
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: queens, NY

Posts: 589
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
That does really suck, but at least they figured it out instead of trying to replace it with the wrong fluid. Your weekend could have been a lot worse were your tranny to blow.

Did you at least get a loaner?

Matter of fact i forgot to mention... they did replace it with a wrong fluid. now they are waiting until tuesdya to get the right fluid. i hope this doesnt damange the car. On the Bright note , yes i did get a loaner, its acutally a 335i 6MT. which is pretty cool but man this still sucks. anyway, does anyone have any advice on how i can negotiate to get something out of this problem cuz im really mad rite now?? lol thanks!!
BIGNTASTIE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2008, 08:14 PM   #7
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
 
BIGNTASTIE's Avatar
 
Drives: white/red 08 M3, 05 Rangerover
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: queens, NY

Posts: 589
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
i feel ya bigntaste, during my initial service, the dealer told me they drained the oil from the engine but doesn't have enough new oil in stock. i bitched them out and they drove 4 hours round trip to another dealer for oil, and then delivered my car to my house.
Ouch. 4 hours round trip???? I dont even know where to start the bitching on that one. Man thats horrible... At least its all good now for you
BIGNTASTIE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2008, 08:19 PM   #8
J08M3
Major General
 
J08M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NEW YORK

Posts: 6,012
iTrader: (8)

My only question is how is it still possible after how many months the car has be here to not know the correct 1,200 service procedure? Quite embarrassing for BMW I think... to have mechanics that don't know how to work on their own cars. How can you still have a job if you're that dumb?
__________________
J08M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2008, 08:27 PM   #9
Ronin13
First Lieutenant
 
Ronin13's Avatar
 
Drives: DKG E92 M3, S2K, JGC
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: STL, MO

Posts: 362
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNTASTIE View Post
Matter of fact i forgot to mention... they did replace it with a wrong fluid. now they are waiting until tuesdya to get the right fluid. i hope this doesnt damange the car. On the Bright note , yes i did get a loaner, its acutally a 335i 6MT. which is pretty cool but man this still sucks. anyway, does anyone have any advice on how i can negotiate to get something out of this problem cuz im really mad rite now?? lol thanks!!
This could be sad news. I have not seen a single case where actually putting in the wrong fluid didn't result in a transmission swap. I think you should talk to your dealer again and BMWNA if necessary.
Ronin13 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2008, 09:13 PM   #10
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
 
BIGNTASTIE's Avatar
 
Drives: white/red 08 M3, 05 Rangerover
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: queens, NY

Posts: 589
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin13 View Post
This could be sad news. I have not seen a single case where actually putting in the wrong fluid didn't result in a transmission swap. I think you should talk to your dealer again and BMWNA if necessary.
How serious is it to put the wrong fluid ( scale from 1-10 would be perferred ). Im so mad right now, I can't even trust them at all now. What should I complain about to my dealer or BMWNA? I dont feel good driving this m3 anymore??? Thanks again for the advices guys, its greatly appreciated !
BIGNTASTIE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2008, 09:27 PM   #11
Zed
Replicant
 
Zed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 M3 E90 DCT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 199
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNTASTIE View Post
How serious is it to put the wrong fluid ( scale from 1-10 would be perferred ). Im so mad right now, I can't even trust them at all now. What should I complain about to my dealer or BMWNA? I dont feel good driving this m3 anymore??? Thanks again for the advices guys, its greatly appreciated !
Unfortunately it seems to be along the lines of a 10.

It is going to cost the dealer a new tranny (over $10k), so they may dance around about it (not to mention the fact the news about NOT doing what they did has been out awhile). If they give you any lip, go straight to BMWNA. If you look around this board you will see others that had it happen as well, it's a royal mess. Hopefully BMWNA will treat you right and not give you hassle.

Sorry man, give em hell.
Zed is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2008, 09:42 PM   #12
skierman64
Brigadier General
 
skierman64's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 Space Gray M3 & E36M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Greater St Louis Metro area

Posts: 3,068
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to skierman64
You should be the proud owner of a new tranny if they installed the wrong fluid. That's what they have done to all the other cars that made the same mistake. Regardless of whether if was engine was started with the wrong fluid or not, you can't just open up the tranny to get the wrong stuff out. I doubt there's a way to flush that tranny of the wrong fluid.

Seriousness is a 10. That's why they've replaced entire transmissions of previous owners who have had the wrong fluid installed.

I gotta say when I took my car in for the service the transmission fluid was first and foremost on my mind. I even had to convince the service manager not to change my fluid, they didn't believe me. Did you not mention to them not to replace the fluid?????
__________________
Get a professional motorsports full featured stopwatch app for your Blackberry here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19464
Invest Wisely...The best mod for your money?? BMWCCA high performance driver's school. The mod that lasts a lifetime and improves the performance of any car you drive
skierman64 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2008, 09:51 PM   #13
MysticBlue
Major
 
Drives: '09 M3 DCT Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Eastern Oregon... They call 'em rigs here

Posts: 1,210
iTrader: (0)

I would question EXACTLY what happened. Exactly how and when did they come to the conclussion they put the wrong fluid in; when they took it for the obligitory test drive? When they had to have it towed back to the dealer? If it was even started after the new (wrong) fluid was put it in I would demend a new transmission. There is absolutely no excuse for this to still be happening.
MysticBlue is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2008, 09:59 PM   #14
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
 
BIGNTASTIE's Avatar
 
Drives: white/red 08 M3, 05 Rangerover
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: queens, NY

Posts: 589
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlue View Post
I would question EXACTLY what happened. Exactly how and when did they come to the conclussion they put the wrong fluid in; when they took it for the obligitory test drive? When they had to have it towed back to the dealer? If it was even started after the new (wrong) fluid was put it in I would demend a new transmission. There is absolutely no excuse for this to still be happening.
I have no idea when they found out. They just told me they found out . So i should ask them if they replaced a new transmission??? How long would that usually take..? Thanks again
BIGNTASTIE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2008, 10:04 PM   #15
ideliver
Major
 
ideliver's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E60 M5 & 08 Infiniti QX56
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: At the gas station

Posts: 1,232
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
this is un-effening believable....

some of us (myself included) were quick to question the GTR with things like "do you want your GTR worked on by some guy who has been working on Sentra's his whole career"...I think the answer to that question is "YES"
__________________
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

ideliver is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2008, 10:05 PM   #16
Jdebitjr
First Lieutenant
 
Jdebitjr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DFW, Texas

Posts: 302
iTrader: (0)

Amazing this is still happening. BMWNA needs to send out service bulletins every day regarding this until this happens 0% of the time.
Jdebitjr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2008, 10:07 PM   #17
PLAYON
Major
 
PLAYON's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Coast

Posts: 1,414
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNTASTIE View Post
So I went in for my initial service today.. knew it was gonna take about 2 hours so I brought my school work.. got it done , 3 hours past nothing said. I walked up to my service agent.. she says "we got terrible news". to make it short, they drained out my DCT fluid and its not supposed to be drained out couldn't be replaced cuz they have to order it, I wont have it until Tuesday. I feel a horrible weekend approaching
I let the BMWNA Customer Rep. on the forums know what happened, it's a considerable slip-up given the amount of time the M-DCT has been out. By now all dealers should be educated on the proper services needed for the M-DCT transmission. They'll probably get a hold of you shortly, they're usually pretty good at taking care of things like this
__________________
PLAYON is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2008, 10:10 PM   #18
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
 
BIGNTASTIE's Avatar
 
Drives: white/red 08 M3, 05 Rangerover
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: queens, NY

Posts: 589
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYON View Post
I let the BMWNA Customer Rep. on the forums know what happened, it's a considerable slip-up given the amount of time the M-DCT has been out. By now all dealers should be educated on the proper services needed for the M-DCT transmission. They'll probably get a hold of you shortly, they're usually pretty good at taking care of things like this
thanks a lot !!, siigh I should've searched more about the 1,200 intial service topics on this forum before i went in =(, i just didnt expect there to be any problems. stupid me =[
BIGNTASTIE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2008, 10:37 PM   #19
MysticBlue
Major
 
Drives: '09 M3 DCT Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Eastern Oregon... They call 'em rigs here

Posts: 1,210
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNTASTIE View Post
thanks a lot !!, siigh I should've searched more about the 1,200 intial service topics on this forum before i went in =(, i just didnt expect there to be any problems. stupid me =[
Don't blame yourself. A customer should not have to be expected to educate themselves to know more about the product than professionals who work on it. To have this happen after all the previous instances, that they should have learned from, is extremely disappointing. There is constant communications going on between dealers and BMWNA on a variety of subjects. They have their own network. Why this can't be communicated cleary to every SA in a timely manner is really beyond my comprehension.
MysticBlue is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2008, 11:44 PM   #20
Dascamel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Dascamel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 e92 M3, 2010 e91 328i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Posts: 1,662
iTrader: (0)

From past cases wrong fluid = new tranny. Do a search, few cases reported here and also on m3forum. Just drained, wait for new fluid.
__________________
2008 E92 M3 Jerez Black,DCT,Fox Red ext,Prem,Tech,19", ipod/usb, CF roof and trim
2010 E91 328i Space Gray,Black int, M sport, most options
2007 Montego Blue 335i (retired)
Dascamel is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2008, 04:35 AM   #21
booforty
Major General
 
booforty's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: London, UK

Posts: 8,813
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Its not the end of the world! But yes shame you don't have the car for the weekend. Surely they will give you a loaner? Ask for an M5 or M6!
booforty is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2008, 07:30 AM   #22
e46e92love
Brigadier General
 
e46e92love's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The East Side of Things

Posts: 3,026
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to e46e92love
Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
Exactly....however...it completely boggles the mind that this nonsense keeps happening....

Stealerships FTMFL
Seriously, what the hell is wrong with these places? If my dealer does that to mine when it comes in, forget it, moving on to another dealer, regardless of how may friends or how many years I have been going there. Just inexcusable at this point.
__________________

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
e46e92love is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST