BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-25-2008, 08:36 PM   #45
ganeil
Colonel
ganeil's Avatar
United_States
35
Rep
2,050
Posts

 
Drives: 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec 1 View Post
/\ I can run a town of 6,000 easily. To me that doesn't come with much force.
Have you done so? What is the largest organization you have run?
__________________
_____________

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #46
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
Spec 1's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,068
Posts

 
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Have you done so? What is the largest organization you have run?
Personally, 170 people. Fails in comparison to 6,000, I know. However I don't feel it would be that hard to run a community like Wasilla. I've spent an accumulated 30-40 hours there and have met a number of influential people in the community. I think were the task asigned I could handle the problems it faces. It may be important to note that I'm young as well, so give me a few more years and I'm sure the number of folks I run will increase dramatically.
__________________
'91 M42 E30 - All sorts of goodies.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 02:26 PM   #47
E82tt6
Colonel
E82tt6's Avatar
48
Rep
2,629
Posts

 
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec 1 View Post
Personally, 170 people. Fails in comparison to 6,000, I know. However I don't feel it would be that hard to run a community like Wasilla. I've spent an accumulated 30-40 hours there and have met a number of influential people in the community. I think were the task asigned I could handle the problems it faces. It may be important to note that I'm young as well, so give me a few more years and I'm sure the number of folks I run will increase dramatically.

Managing 170 is a lot more work than running a town of 6000! I'll bet she didn't actually manage more than one or two dozen people. It's also my understanding that she delegated almost evrryhing to a manager anyways.
__________________
'08 Black Saphire/Black Z4 M Coupe
RIP Gretta: Blue Water/Lemon 135i. Died to save me.
-ChuckV
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 02:46 PM   #48
ganeil
Colonel
ganeil's Avatar
United_States
35
Rep
2,050
Posts

 
Drives: 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post
Managing 170 is a lot more work than running a town of 6000! I'll bet she didn't actually manage more than one or two dozen people. It's also my understanding that she delegated almost evrryhing to a manager anyways.
Managing 170 people is a difficult task. Managing and being responsible for all the levels of service provided by a municipal government is a more difficult task.
__________________
_____________

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST