BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Lux Angel Eyes

09-25-2008, 01:19 PM   #23
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners

Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Have you ever watched Gov Palin debate?
No, but neither have you. I've seen her talk briefly. That went... ok.
Quote:
You fail to recognize that your feelings on this matter are by no means normal or shared by many. Most reasonable people, not blinded by partisan emotions see Gov Palin as a successful woman to be admired and are not threatened by her as you clearly are.
You may want to step back for a moment. Actually his feelings are shared by many. Her approval rating has been dropping consistently since she was introduced. People are now assuming she'll become a liability for her campaign.
      09-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #24
alms21
Captain

Drives: '10 GT-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec 1 View Post

You may want to step back for a moment. Actually his feelings are shared by many. Her approval rating has been dropping consistently since she was introduced. People are now assuming she'll become a liability for her campaign.
And many think he is a complete inbecile (I'm in that camp).

And many people (see the 60,000 that came out in FL) are voting for McCain because of her. Believe it or not --- the majority of people in this country do not share the vile disease of liberalism that many zit faced adolescents on here have.

Drop in ratings? Have you seen your boy BO's ratings over the past six months? Can you say Titanic
alms21 is offline   United_States
      09-25-2008, 01:47 PM   #25
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms21 View Post
Drop in ratings? Have you seen your boy BO's ratings over the past six months? Can you say Titanic
Barack is not "my boy", just like McCain is not "my boy". The McCain ticket has turned into a laughable joke in the last month, especially with yesterday's events. I have nowhere else to go.

By the way, McCain's have droppedrecently, Obama's have raised recently. Halfway down page, poll of polls, no margin of error:
http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/
      09-25-2008, 01:52 PM   #26
alms21
Captain

Quote:
Barack is not "my boy", just like McCain is not "my boy". The McCain ticket has turned into a laughable joke in the last month, especially with yesterday's events. I have nowhere else to go.

By the way, McCain's have droppedrecently, Obama's have raised recently. Halfway down page, poll of polls, no margin of error:
http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/
Oh, now I get it....you just post on here when BO's #'s are up and/or JM/SP #'s are down. Brilliant.

Poll numbers are poll numbers and relfect the general population. Do you think I care if BO's #'s are up in NY or CA? He's got those states locked so "polling" people that live in those states is WORTHLESS. Last time I checked the POTUS was elected through the Electoral College process.

I watch OH, PA, VA numbers.....that will decide this year's election. Whoever wins two of those three is the next POTUS.
      09-25-2008, 02:07 PM   #27
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
I have seen her debate. There is video of her debates in the Alaska governors race available on line.

Quote:
Who exactly are these "people" you refer to? It sure does not include the 60,000 people who came out to see her recently.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
      09-25-2008, 02:24 PM   #28
solefald
Nigerian Prince

Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
I have seen her debate. There is video of her debates in the Alaska governors race available on line.
Unfortunately for her it is not going to be debate about Alaska. It is going to be a debate about future of United States of America. Debating Biden would on the issues she has no idea about would not be beneficial for her.

Quote:
Who exactly are these "people" you refer to? It sure does not include the 60,000 people who came out to see her recently.
I am not sure you realize that 60,000 senior citizens do not represent the views of the rest of modern mainstream America.
      09-25-2008, 02:36 PM   #29
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
Unfortunately for her it is not going to be debate about Alaska. It is going to be a debate about future of United States of America. Debating Biden would on the issues she has no idea about would not be beneficial for her.
She is a smart and accomplished woman. I am confident she will more than hold her own against a man who once found it necessary to plagiarize Neil Kinnock.

Quote:
I am not sure you realize that 60,000 senior citizens do not represent the views of the rest of modern mainstream America.
Probably more representative than those attending Obama fundraisers with Barbara Streisand.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      09-25-2008, 02:40 PM   #30
solefald
Nigerian Prince

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Probably more representative than those attending Obama fundraisers with Barbara Streisand.
And you are suggesting that Mr. McCain has never attended a fundraiser with celebrities?

Here is the list of celebrities from McCain's fundraiser in August of this year:

Stephen Baldwin
Pat Boone
Wilford Brimley (note: not the bloke from Steptoe And Son)
Dean Cain (thatís right: Superman)
Jon Cryer (thatís right: Duckie from Pretty In Pink)
Robert Duvall
Angie Harmon
Patricia Heaton
Lorenzo Lamas
Craig T. Nelson
Gail OíGrady
Jason Sehorn
Gary Sinise
Jon Voight
      09-25-2008, 02:41 PM   #31
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
And you are suggesting that Mr. McCain has never attended a fundraiser with celebrities?
Not at all. I am merely pointing out that a crowd of 60,000 for a VP candidate is more than a little impressive.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      09-25-2008, 02:48 PM   #32
solefald
Nigerian Prince

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Not at all. I am merely pointing out that a crowd of 60,000 for a VP candidate is more than a little impressive.
Oh, I've never said it was not impressive, but the traveling circus can pull just as many.... and 200,000 in Berlin if far more impressive than 60,000 in retired citizen community in Florida
      09-25-2008, 02:56 PM   #33
alms21
Captain

Quote:
Oh, I've never said it was not impressive, but the traveling circus can pull just as many.... and 200,000 in Berlin if far more impressive than 60,000 in retired citizen community in Florida
So 200,000 people of which ZERO will have a vote on Nov 4th is more impressive to you than 60,000 AMERICANS of which 60,000 will vote on Nov 4th. You're a genius.

That is BO is a nutshell --- he is the "Global Guy". McCain and Palin are concerned about whats going on here in the USA.

Last time I checked I could care less what the people of Berlin think of my country. Just checked again.........Nope, still don't care.

Last edited by alms21; 09-25-2008 at 03:25 PM.
      09-25-2008, 03:06 PM   #34
solefald
Nigerian Prince

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Last time I checked I could care less what the people of Berlin think of my country. Just checked again.........Nope, still don't care.
typical American ignorance
      09-25-2008, 03:25 PM   #35
alms21
Captain

Quote:
Do you seriously think the Germans, French, Italians, Australians, etc. consider/care what the USA thinks about a crucial internal decision they make? Hell no they don't...............and they shouldn't.

Has nothing to do with American ignorance. One day you might wake up and realize that there are many many INDEPENDENT countries throughout the world that make THEIR OWN decisions.
      09-25-2008, 03:31 PM   #36
ATG
Major

Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone

Garage List
Quote:
If the republicans pulled out a speaking rubber doll it would have gathered even larger crowds. Wait ... haven't they done that?
ATG is offline   Cuba
      09-25-2008, 05:35 PM   #37
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners

Quote:
Oh, now I get it....you just post on here when BO's #'s are up and/or JM/SP #'s are down. Brilliant.

Poll numbers are poll numbers and relfect the general population. Do you think I care if BO's #'s are up in NY or CA? He's got those states locked so "polling" people that live in those states is WORTHLESS. Last time I checked the POTUS was elected through the Electoral College process.

I watch OH, PA, VA numbers.....that will decide this year's election. Whoever wins two of those three is the next POTUS.
You're attacking me on something that was JUST proven incorrect. Way to mimic your candidate. McCain's numbers are down in swingstates too, numbnut.

Quote:
So 200,000 people of which ZERO will have a vote on Nov 4th is more impressive to you than 60,000 AMERICANS of which 60,000 will vote on Nov 4th. You're a genius.

That is BO is a nutshell --- he is the "Global Guy". McCain and Palin are concerned about whats going on here in the USA.

Quote:
+1 to his ignorance. Yes, we find 200,000 people gathering for something they DONT even vote in more impressive than 60k that do. They don't have to be there. People are supposed to be concerned with it here, they're not over there.

I don't know if you checked or not, but the the world is pretty globalized. You better damn well respect what other countries think of us, or we'll not have imports or exports, our economy will dive, more wars will be on our horizon...

Oh and thanks for calling us geniouses.
      09-25-2008, 05:58 PM   #38
louz4
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2006 Z4 Roadster

Quote:
You fail to recognize that your feelings on this matter are by no means normal or shared by many. Most reasonable people, not blinded by partisan emotions see Gov Palin as a successful woman to be admired and are not threatened by her as you clearly are.
I think of myself as normal. Normally. And I'm not threatened by Palin. But after the Palin/Couric interview I can see why the senator would want to cancel the debate. Hell I'd cancel all of her debates.
      09-25-2008, 06:27 PM   #39
E82tt6
Colonel

Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by louz4 View Post
I think of myself as normal. Normally. And I'm not threatened by Palin. But after the Palin/Couric interview I can see why the senator would want to cancel the debate. Hell I'd cancel all of her debates.
QFT.

I'd see if he could get Dubya to speak in her place. He's more coherent, intelligent, and well spoken!
      09-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #40
ATG
Major

Garage List
Quote:
I think the one who is blinded by partisan emotions is YOU. I have no affiliations with the democrats nor do I necessarily support them. Regardless of that, Sarah Palin is a total embarassment: her appearance, her manners, both the substance and tone of her speech, her apparent lack of education, you name it. She might fit the role of a mayor of Wasilla, but the VPOTUS??? I asked you once to compare her with your favorite Dick Cheney and you dodged the question by saying that you would rather see Cheney as the president. But, let's be honest, they are completely different material. She does not belong in Washington, she belongs in Alaska.
ATG is offline   Cuba
      09-25-2008, 07:58 PM   #41
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG View Post
I think the one who is blinded by partisan emotions is YOU.
Quoted for truth.
      09-25-2008, 08:06 PM   #42
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG View Post
I think the one who is blinded by partisan emotions is YOU. I have no affiliations with the democrats nor do I necessarily support them. Regardless of that, Sarah Palin is a total embarassment: her appearance, her manners, both the substance and tone of her speech, her apparent lack of education, you name it. She might fit the role of a mayor of Wasilla, but the VPOTUS??? I asked you once to compare her with your favorite Dick Cheney and you dodged the question by saying that you would rather see Cheney as the president. But, let's be honest, they are completely different material. She does not belong in Washington, she belongs in Alaska.
Dick Cheney is an incredibly accomplished man and has been a great VP. He, however is not one of our choices in this election, is he?

You are obsessed with where someone gets their degree from. Is Cheney's from Univ of Wyoming better than Palin's? You judge her on her appearance, her tone of speech, and where she went to school. How much more shallow can you get? She has succeeded in running a city and a state but that means less to you than her hairstyle.

I guess Andrew Jackson, Harry Truman, and Ronald Reagan would not have met your lofty ideals either but they did quite well in Washington.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      09-25-2008, 08:12 PM   #43
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners

/\ I can run a town of 6,000 easily. To me that doesn't come with much force.
      09-25-2008, 08:12 PM   #44
ATG
Major

Garage List
Quote:
How much more shallow can you get?
Quote for poetry.
ATG is offline   Cuba