BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GetBMWParts

09-22-2008, 11:29 PM   #1
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor

Drives: Fast

Anybody else think we're in for giant disaster in the Middle East?

Israel just got found out for it's true (or at least closer to it's ture) nuclear potential. Iran is threatening to wipe them out. Israel has ordered more first-strike subs, planes and missiles. I think we might be heading for a major calamity. United States (Bush administration) has had it's eye on Iran for some time. They keep trying to falsify (or exaggerate ) Iran's nuclear potential capabilites. All the while China and Russia are starting to side with Iran. Anybody else concerned or did you all get your news from Fox this week?

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...onid=351020202

Discuss...
      09-23-2008, 12:03 AM   #2
E82tt6
Colonel

Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

It's well known that Israel has nukes. This isn't really news.

We could be in for trouble if Iran doesn't back down though, you're right.

I doubt China or Russia would get involved. It would not be in their best interests.
      09-23-2008, 12:12 AM   #3
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post
It's well known that Israel has nukes. This isn't really news.
It was thought to be a couple dozen perhaps. Come to find out it's at least 10times that many. Over 200 give or take. I doubt Iran will really fire on Jerusalem because they have many holy artifcats there also, but then there's always Tel Aviv.
      09-23-2008, 12:29 AM   #4
vachss
Captain

Drives: Z4 Coupe

Very old news. This is based on the reports of Mordechai Vanunu who worked for Israel's nuclear program until 1985 (and was jailed in Israel for leaking nuclear secrets for most of the 1990's). The corroborating expert they mention, Theodore Taylor, has been dead since 2004.

That doesn't mean the basic facts are incorrect, but that they've been widely known for decades.
      09-23-2008, 12:50 AM   #5
H0v07
Private First Class

Drives: M3 have no car

were effed
      09-23-2008, 07:29 AM   #6
Major

Drives: E90 325i; 1974 2002tii

MAD worked during the Cold War. It seems to be working between India and Pakistan. Perhaps it is just what the Middle East needs.

Last edited by 742; 09-23-2008 at 08:09 AM.
      09-23-2008, 07:58 AM   #7
quest556
Second Lieutenant

Drives: F10 535i x-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 742 View Post
MAD worked during the Cold War. It seems to be working between india and Pakistan. Perhaps it is just what the Middle East needs.
I was a little more ok with MAD then than now. At least we knew who had their fingers on the triggers then. Not so sure now..
      09-23-2008, 11:10 AM   #8
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest556 View Post
I was a little more ok with MAD then than now. At least we knew who had their fingers on the triggers then. Not so sure now..
Not only that but potentially a nuke in the hands of a self proclaimed jihadist and a true nutjob IMHO. I personally think he's (Mahmoud Ahmadinejad) a pussy and would cower in his bunker if a war broke out,but I don't doubt he'd sacrafice millions of his people to annihilate the Jews.
      09-23-2008, 12:24 PM   #9
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
Not only that but potentially a nuke in the hands of a self proclaimed jihadist and a true nutjob IMHO. I personally think he's (Mahmoud Ahmadinejad) a pussy and would cower in his bunker if a war broke out,but I don't doubt he'd sacrafice millions of his people to annihilate the Jews.
Iran has the largest Jewish population in the Middle East outside of Israel, and they do participate in the government. It is no rose garden, but the American view of Iran is distorted. I would rather be a Jew in Iran than a Christian in Saudi Arabia. (Ideally of course I want to be neither.)

Ahmadinejad has been very clear that his grievance is with the government of Israel, not with the Jewish people.

And look at it from Iran's standpoint. Israel is nuclear. Pakistan is unstable, nuclear and on their border. The Americans are on the other side and beating the war drums. They would be nuts not to be working on nukes.
      09-23-2008, 06:06 PM   #10
NoKids
Major

Drives: ...

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
Israel just got found out for it's true (or at least closer to it's ture) nuclear potential. Iran is threatening to wipe them out. Israel has ordered more first-strike subs, planes and missiles. I think we might be heading for a major calamity. United States (Bush administration) has had it's eye on Iran for some time. They keep trying to falsify (or exaggerate ) Iran's nuclear potential capabilites. All the while China and Russia are starting to side with Iran. Anybody else concerned or did you all get your news from Fox this week?

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...onid=351020202

Discuss...
there's never a MAJOR calamity in the middle east. it's always one or two countries having some problems. once you fix the problems in those countries, there are two new countries with problems. it's whack a mole. and it will never be fixed.
      09-23-2008, 06:50 PM   #11
!Xoible
Banned

Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
nuke em
!Xoible is offline   United_States
      09-23-2008, 09:22 PM   #12
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
nuke em
What an inspirational statement
      09-23-2008, 09:34 PM   #13
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor

Quote:
Iran has the largest Jewish population in the Middle East outside of Israel, and they do participate in the government. It is no rose garden, but the American view of Iran is distorted. I would rather be a Jew in Iran than a Christian in Saudi Arabia. (Ideally of course I want to be neither.)
Agreed they do have a large Jewish constituancy, and no way would I want to go to either Iran or the Kingdom, but I suppose you're less likely a target if you're an Jew in Iran than a Christian in the Kingdom.

Quote:
Ahmadinejad has been very clear that his grievance is with the government of Israel, not with the Jewish people.
Actually I think his beef is with the fact that the Jews are occupying their (Muslim) "holy" land - which has been a beef with just about everybody since the beginning of modern organized religion. Jew inherits land, Jew loses land, Muslim inherits land, Muslim loses land, Jew inherits land from United Nations aka League of Nations. It's like some daytime soap opera.

Quote:
And look at it from Iran's standpoint. Israel is nuclear. Pakistan is unstable, nuclear and on their border. The Americans are on the other side and beating the war drums. They would be nuts not to be working on nukes.
That's another thing I worry about. It seems like we're drumming up all these speculations and accusations to garner support for a military strike into Iran. I doubt a wholesale invasion would happen but at least some cruse missiles and bunker busting betties would be dropped. We already know where China and Russia stand on military action, Germany is also against it. It would probably be the U.S. and U.K. (in some supporting fashion) making the strike. If that were the case I would seriously be worried about a world war at that point.

Oh man Pakistan is another loose cannon. I was listening to an interview with the new President of Pakistan the other night and he basically said that if American troops incurred into Pakistan territory that they would be forced to leave. He did not leave forced by shooting at them off of the table either.
      09-23-2008, 09:46 PM   #14
sayemthree
Brigadier General

Drives: bmw

so Isreal nukes Iran and wipes them off the face of the earth - so what -

if they dont Iran will do so to Isreal. Its not like Iran is silent about its quest to wipe Isreal fromthe face of the earth.

If some guy was walking in the door of your house and assembling /loading a gun to murder your family and you had a gun would you shoot him dead first? or would you wait for him to load and murder you? (oh yeah, I forgot Liberals cant have guns.)
      09-23-2008, 09:51 PM   #15
aut0sh0cker
meh

Drives: E92 335i, 997.2 C4S

I can prove that Iran doesn't have any nukes: Israel hasn't been nuked yet... To be honest, I believe that within a week of Iran obtaining a nuclear weapon, they will try to use it on Israel.

Israel will then retaliate, to which an Arab Coalition will attempt to invade Israel. America will then step in to defend them, while Russia decides: fuck it, we're no going to let those democratic sons of bitches have all the fun, and then they are in the war, too. Russian leaders, while focusing on the nonsense in the Middle East will further bankrupt an already crippled nation to which we will see a collapse of the Arctic behemoth and a reverting to a USSR-like communist era.

China will also get in on the game, along with Russia, spreading communism to all of Asia and much of the already unstable Eastern Europe. It will be Cold War V2.1 only this time, one extremist nutjob from one of the more recent-to-be-nuclear powers will actually have the balls to dish out a first strike. To which the entire nuclear world will destroy 91% of life on this planet (most of which are from the Western, modern nations that got nuked)

The rest of the world (survivors of CWII, located in remote areas like AFRICA, or small island nations) will then be destroyed as the underground Large Hadron Collidor at the CERN laboratory, left unchecked as all life in Europe goes bye-bye, will create a black hole which will devour the world in a blackness of epic scale, never before seen in our solar system.

CliffNotes Version: We're Fucked!
aut0sh0cker is offline   United_States
      09-23-2008, 09:56 PM   #16
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
So what?

Millions of innocent lives on either side would be lost and if it conflict didn't end with that single opposing nations conflict, billions would die - including you.

Can you honestly say that you know for a fact that a nuclear exchange would be limited to just between Israel and Iran?
      09-24-2008, 07:11 AM   #17
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
Are you completely devoid of any sense of morality?
      09-24-2008, 10:53 AM   #18
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

What may HOPEFULLY deter some of these geographically closer nations from nuking each other, which the US/USSR had less of a concern for, is the resultant nuclear fallout and contamination issues of bombing your neighbor.
UncleWede is offline   United_States
      09-26-2008, 12:51 PM   #19
bkms1
Private First Class

Drives: none

Send a message via AIM to bkms1 Send a message via Yahoo to bkms1
The fact is there will be a coalition of muslin nation along with Germany Russia and China that will try to attack, invade Isreal but they wont be successful.
bkms1 is offline   United_States
      09-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #20
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkms1 View Post
The fact is there will be a coalition of muslin nation along with Germany Russia and China that will try to attack, invade Isreal but they wont be successful.
Let's hope not. That would ultimately lead to Armageddon.
      09-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #21
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor

Ooh how nice of those Iranians...so thoughtful...

Quote:

Iranians mock Holocaust on annual Jerusalem Day

Iranians chanted "Death to Israel" on Friday as Islamist students unveiled a book mocking the Holocaust in an Al-Quds (Jerusalem) Day annual parade to show solidarity with the Palestinians.
And in Gaza City, the Islamist Hamas movement that has ruled the impoverished Palestinian territory since June 2007 marked the day by calling for more suicide attacks on Israel.

The book "Holocaust," published by members of Iran's Islamist Basij militia, features dozens of cartoons and sarcastic commentary.

Education Minister Alireza Ali-Ahmadi attended the official launch of the book in Tehran's Palestine Square.

The cover shows a Jew with a crooked nose and dressed in traditional garb drawing outlines of dead bodies on the ground.

Inside, bearded Jews are shown leaving and re-entering a gas chamber with a counter that reads the number 5,999,999.

Another illustration depicts Jewish prisoners entering a furnace in a Nazi extermination camp and leaving from the other side as gun-wielding "terrorists."

Yet another shows a patient draped in an Israeli flag and on life support breathing Zyklon-B, the poisonous gas used in the extermination chambers.

Iran does not recognise the Jewish state, and President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has attracted international condemnation by repeatedly predicting Israel is doomed to disappear and branding the Holocaust a "myth."

The commentary inside the book includes anti-Semitic stereotypes and revisionist arguments, casting doubt that the massacre of Jews took place and mocking Holocaust survivors who claimed reparations after World War II.

One comment, in a question-and-answer format, reads: "How did the Germans emit gas into chambers while there were no holes on the ceiling?" Answer: "Shut up, you criminal anti-Semite. How dare you ask this question?"

In 2006, the Islamic republic hosted a conference of Holocaust deniers and revisionists and a mass-circulation Iranian newspaper held a cartoon competition on the subject.

On Friday, tens of thousands of Iranians marched in Tehran, chanting "Death to Israel," declaring solidarity with the Palestinians and calling for Jerusalem and Israel to be handed to the Palestinians.

Demonstrators carried placards bearing slogans including "Israel will be destroyed, Palestine is Victorious" and "Holy war until victory," and they also torched American and Israeli flags.

In Gaza, a Hamas parliamentarian called for more suicide attacks against Israel as thousands of Palestinians marched to mark Al-Quds Day.

"We call on all the factions to undertake efforts to contain the enemy and halt its aggression by planning martyrdom operations," Ahmed Abu Helbiya told a crowd of more than 2,000 protesters.

Friday's Iran protest follows a fresh verbal attack on Israel by Ahmadinejad.

In an address to the UN General Assembly in New York on Tuesday, he said "the Zionist regime is on a definite slope to collapse and there is no way for it to get out of the cesspool created by itself and its supporters."

Quds Day was started by the late Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, founder of the Islamic republic, who called on the world's Muslims to show solidarity with Palestinians on the last Friday of the fasting month of Ramadan.

The demonstration was held under an official slogan: "The Islamic world will not recognise the fake Zionist regime under any circumstances and believes that this cancerous tumour will one day be wiped off the face of the earth."

09-27-2008, 09:28 AM   #22
bkms1
Private First Class

Drives: none

Send a message via AIM to bkms1 Send a message via Yahoo to bkms1
it has been foretold. it will happen
bkms1 is offline   United_States