BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-19-2008, 06:35 PM   #23
vAnt826
Major
26
Rep
1,420
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I think you will find that stock to stock the TTS with DSG is no slower than the 335i. Another thing, it's handling is truly impressive from a fwd-bias AWD system, it will throw the tail quite readily and is adjustable on the throttle.
Nope it's girly. Just heard my girlfriend call it cute. Men do not drive 'cute' cars.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2008, 03:49 AM   #24
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
154
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIS4 View Post
Audi does not use a FWD bias AWD system. It's 50/50 full time unless it senses loss of traction. I believe the RS4 is the only one right now (Maybe the R8 too) that has a biased AWD system and those are rear biased. VW uses the FWD biased system.
You clearly know very little about Haldex AWD systems, which is used in the TT. Unlike the Torsen system in the rest of the Audi range which either runs 50/50 or 40/60 with a possible shift front or rear of 25% the Haldex TT normal runs at 95% to the front and 5% to the rear, though in extreme conditions it is capable of shift the power to 50/50.

P.S.
The R8 doesn't use eithe Torsen or Haldex, it uses the Lamborghini system which runs between 5~30% to the front with the rest going to the rear. That's why it's a rear biased awd system, the opposite to the TT's setup.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2008, 01:27 PM   #25
808MGuy
Colonel
808MGuy's Avatar
49
Rep
2,287
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
You clearly know very little about Haldex AWD systems, which is used in the TT. Unlike the Torsen system in the rest of the Audi range which either runs 50/50 or 40/60 with a possible shift front or rear of 25% the Haldex TT normal runs at 95% to the front and 5% to the rear, though in extreme conditions it is capable of shift the power to 50/50.

P.S.
The R8 doesn't use eithe Torsen or Haldex, it uses the Lamborghini system which runs between 5~30% to the front with the rest going to the rear. That's why it's a rear biased awd system, the opposite to the TT's setup.
I know all about Haldex vs Torsen but I didn't know that the TT uses Haldex. I thought the Haldex was only used in VWs.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #26
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
154
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIS4 View Post
I know all about Haldex vs Torsen but I didn't know that the TT uses Haldex. I thought the Haldex was only used in VWs.
The TT and A3 are basically a VW Golf chassis. Well maybe the TT is a bit more different because it's steel/alloy and has a different wheelbase but they all use to same Haldex system which is fwd bias.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #27
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
154
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vAnt826 View Post
Nope it's girly. Just heard my girlfriend call it cute. Men do not drive 'cute' cars.
Cute men do, the kind that always get the girl.

P.S.
One thing I have noticed since changing to the M3 from the S5 is that the car doesn't get anywhere near the amount of looks. This might be a plus if the police also don't notice it as much, but I somehow doubt that.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2008, 05:48 PM   #28
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
478
Rep
5,352
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Cute men do, the kind that always get the girl.

P.S.
One thing I have noticed since changing to the M3 from the S5 is that the car doesn't get anywhere near the amount of looks. This might be a plus if the police also don't notice it as much, but I somehow doubt that.
Footie, remind me, what colour was your S5? I agree to some extent. I think the M3 and S5 grab my attention equally on the road, but I would say the S5 has more class in its looks whereas the M3 has more aggression. They aint rivals but just making a point since you changed from the S5 recently.

Personally I think the RS5 is going to look a lot better than the M3. Apart from the front end I dont really think the M3's design is all that.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2008, 06:06 PM   #29
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
154
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Black.

Maybe it's the more recent design of the A5, fewer on the road but there is no doubt it got a lot more attention than my M3 is currently getting.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2008, 06:29 PM   #30
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
478
Rep
5,352
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Black.

Maybe it's the more recent design of the A5, fewer on the road but there is no doubt it got a lot more attention than my M3 is currently getting.
Nice. You need to change your "Drives:" section over there <<<. You arent waiting anymore for the M3
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 05:14 AM   #31
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
154
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
Nice. You need to change your "Drives:" section over there <<<. You arent waiting anymore for the M3
Thanks for reminding me, I clean forgot.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2008, 08:35 AM   #32
Deda
Major General
Deda's Avatar
Croatia
74
Rep
6,520
Posts

 
Drives: BMW X6 35d
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Croatia

iTrader: (0)

audi tts 272 hp,2 seats...that is a car for girl.

BMW 335i is master for AUDI tts!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST