BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-09-2008, 08:04 AM   #1
Big Windy
Major General
Big Windy's Avatar
United_States
71
Rep
5,118
Posts

 
Drives: audi s4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: seatac, wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
First MY2009 M3 Coupe delivery!

Gentlemen,

I proudly present my 2009 M3 Jet Black E92 (US Spec). I am pretty sure that this is the first 2009 M3 on this forum. We have all seen plenty of JB before, but I think that these pics should finally put an end to any doubts that anyone is having about iDrive in 2009 models. The single CD slot and, more importantly, new iDrive controller are definitive proof. I had the lady at the dealership take these for me, so I don't have a screenshot of the iDrive menu yet. I don't think it will be necessary because we've already seen some, but I can get one if anyone absolutely must see it.

I am so happy I am out of my skin. Finally I feel that feeling that many of you have felt over the past year. I couldn't relate to it until now. I don't even know what to say! The car actually arrived early Monday, but I didn't want to post anything until I had pics...so I have been waiting patiently the last 24 hours. In case you are curious, the car is a Week 36 build, and I am a military sales customer so the car was trucked directly from Munich to the dealership. It got done with production on Friday and went out on the truck first thing Monday morning!

As you can see, the car is a bit dirty from truck transpo up from Munich, but the odometer is at ZERO!!! Like I said, I am incredibly excited. Not only did I want to share with all of you for personal reasons, but I also wanted to post this up right away because I know that many of you US customers who had Week 36 are in a terrible waiting phase while your car crosses the ocean. Hopefully seeing my car will help cure any doubts you might have had.

Cheers!!

-BW
Attached Images
       
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 08:10 AM   #2
gorun
Lieutenant
gorun's Avatar
10
Rep
518
Posts

 
Drives: W166 ML63 PP
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where the roads are crap...

iTrader: (0)

Congrats, enjoy it. Hate to see the new iDrive though...makes mine feel old
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 08:10 AM   #3
DonM3
Captain
United Kingdom
6
Rep
629
Posts

 
Drives: AW e92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Congrats
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 08:12 AM   #4
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
UltimateBMW's Avatar
105
Rep
3,287
Posts

 
Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

iTrader: (0)

Wow, looks great!

How do you like the placement of the idrive controller? Do you feel it fits well? Or is it squished onto that console alittle?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 08:19 AM   #5
Big Windy
Major General
Big Windy's Avatar
United_States
71
Rep
5,118
Posts

 
Drives: audi s4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: seatac, wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Here is a shot where you can see the new headlight switch on the left.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 08:24 AM   #6
jamesisel
Major
jamesisel's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
1,035
Posts

 
Drives: '09 Jerez/Fox Red E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wisconsin/ Tennessee

iTrader: (0)

Congrats! Just the way I am ordering mine - the 19"
__________________
Eisenmann Race Performance/VRS front lip 1x1/VRS type II diffuser 1x1/VRS single side trunk with Fade/19" HRE C90's/RE SSK/H&R Sport springs /35% tint/Painted reflectors/Painted side markers with dark tint LED's/Tinted tail lights/Front grilles/Hardwire V1
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 08:52 AM   #7
torredresen
Captain
Belgium
9
Rep
712
Posts

 
Drives: M3 09 E93 JzB Fox Red extended
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2005 Z4; 2.0  [0.00]
2005 Z4  [0.00]
Cograts man, looks hot

Drive safe
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 09:00 AM   #8
Big Windy
Major General
Big Windy's Avatar
United_States
71
Rep
5,118
Posts

 
Drives: audi s4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: seatac, wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Full spec list for anyone curious:

Jet black
Black Novillo
ZPP
ZTP
iPod
Premium Audio (hopefully no regrets here)
PDC
Heated Seats
19"

Mods waiting:
GP Thunder 7500k
PIAA SuperWhite H3s
EVOSport Color Matched reflectors
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 09:16 AM   #9
Big Windy
Major General
Big Windy's Avatar
United_States
71
Rep
5,118
Posts

 
Drives: audi s4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: seatac, wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Wow, looks great!

How do you like the placement of the idrive controller? Do you feel it fits well? Or is it squished onto that console alittle?
As a Gen1 user in the past, it will take some getting used to. It does look a bit crammed, but I need to get some miles on the car first to see how I like it behind the wheel I think. I'll let you know.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 09:16 AM   #10
sfbimmer13
Original Bavarian Heritage
sfbimmer13's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
354
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

big congrats - enjoy the car
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008 E92 M3 M-DCT - Sparkling Graphite - Fox Red - Tech Package - Premium Package - Moonroof - Enhanced Premium Sound - HD Radio - iPod USB interface - PDC - Remus Race Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 09:25 AM   #11
monsta
Brigadier General
monsta's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
3,591
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen County, NJ/Y.O, NY

iTrader: (2)

congrats!!!!
__________________

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #12
AEC
Second Lieutenant
9
Rep
236
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 X5 xDrive 35i xLine
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: MN

iTrader: (0)

Big Windy,

Did you get a look at the seat bottoms? I was secretly hoping that the 2009s would get the euro seat bottoms like the convertibles. I can't tell from your pictures with the plastic wrap in place.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #13
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
Zirenz2006's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
3,262
Posts

 
Drives: 12' F30 328i Sport Line
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: US - RI

iTrader: (0)

Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 09:48 AM   #14
TwistaStick
Second Lieutenant
TwistaStick's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
296
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 AW BMW E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Wichita Falls, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Does this car have ext. leather?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 10:10 AM   #15
gtlexec
Private
4
Rep
58
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 M3 - on order
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

Question Interior changes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
Gentlemen,

I proudly present my 2009 M3 Jet Black E92 (US Spec). I am pretty sure that this is the first 2009 M3 on this forum. We have all seen plenty of JB before, but I think that these pics should finally put an end to any doubts that anyone is having about iDrive in 2009 models. The single CD slot and, more importantly, new iDrive controller are definitive proof. I had the lady at the dealership take these for me, so I don't have a screenshot of the iDrive menu yet. I don't think it will be necessary because we've already seen some, but I can get one if anyone absolutely must see it.

I am so happy I am out of my skin. Finally I feel that feeling that many of you have felt over the past year. I couldn't relate to it until now. I don't even know what to say! The car actually arrived early Monday, but I didn't want to post anything until I had pics...so I have been waiting patiently the last 24 hours. In case you are curious, the car is a Week 36 build, and I am a military sales customer so the car was trucked directly from Munich to the dealership. It got done with production on Friday and went out on the truck first thing Monday morning!

As you can see, the car is a bit dirty from truck transpo up from Munich, but the odometer is at ZERO!!! Like I said, I am incredibly excited. Not only did I want to share with all of you for personal reasons, but I also wanted to post this up right away because I know that many of you US customers who had Week 36 are in a terrible waiting phase while your car crosses the ocean. Hopefully seeing my car will help cure any doubts you might have had.

Cheers!!

-BW

Awesome!

You've completely alleviated many fears (at least mine) on when the new iDrive will be out on the 2009 M3! So my current order is safe!

BTW - did you notice any interior changes? I know that the light switch is different, what about the start button or a/c or other controls?

Many Thanks...and enjoy!

GTL
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 11:20 AM   #16
reinaldo335
First Lieutenant
reinaldo335's Avatar
Puerto Rico
8
Rep
351
Posts

 
Drives: m3 ZCP 6MT, on order 09 m3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: puerto rico

iTrader: (0)

do you regret not getting extended?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 11:48 AM   #17
GR8TNESS
Bow in the presence of...
GR8TNESS's Avatar
Philippines
4
Rep
286
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #18
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
OMG man finally!!! get yo ass back in irvine so we check this puppy out

congrats!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #19
Big Windy
Major General
Big Windy's Avatar
United_States
71
Rep
5,118
Posts

 
Drives: audi s4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: seatac, wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistaStick View Post
Does this car have ext. leather?
no, no extended leather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtlexec View Post
Awesome!
BTW - did you notice any interior changes? I know that the light switch is different, what about the start button or a/c or other controls?

Many Thanks...and enjoy!

GTL
yes, the start button is different, the ring around it is thin, as opposed to the thicker one seen previously. you can catch a glimpse of the top of it in one of the pics. didn't notice anything else different besides the added silver accents on the cupholders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
Looks like I'm going to owe TLud $100 pretty soon.
sorry PG...i thought that might be one of the consequences of this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinaldo335 View Post
do you regret not getting extended?
no, no regrets here. it wasn't a priority for me and i just couldn't justify it with black. i would have probably done it with another interior color though.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #20
gadget
Major
gadget's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
1,162
Posts

 
Drives: 09 e92///M SSII DCT
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
Gentlemen,

I also wanted to post this up right away because I know that many of you US customers who had Week 36 are in a terrible waiting phase while your car crosses the ocean. Hopefully seeing my car will help cure any doubts you might have had.

Cheers!!

-BW
Congrats from one of the guys with a week 36 build that now has to wait for it to get to the US thanks for rubbing it in my face


But in all seriousness, I'm so glad I waited for an 09 rather than taking delivery of an 08 in late august.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 11:54 AM   #21
Big Windy
Major General
Big Windy's Avatar
United_States
71
Rep
5,118
Posts

 
Drives: audi s4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: seatac, wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
OMG man finally!!! get yo ass back in irvine so we check this puppy out

congrats!!!
i know, hahaha. i have been lurking long enough, watching all you guys getting all your cars its been awhile, that's for sure.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 12:08 PM   #22
rmmcdaniel
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
247
Posts

 
Drives: '09 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago & SF

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
Big Windy,

Did you get a look at the seat bottoms? I was secretly hoping that the 2009s would get the euro seat bottoms like the convertibles. I can't tell from your pictures with the plastic wrap in place.
I've been wondering (and hoping!) for the same thing.

Big Windy - Any info on this???
__________________
2009 E90 M3 - Silverstone/Fox Red - M-DCT, CW, PP, TP, 19", Moonroof, Sunshades, PDC, Enhanced Prem Sound, HD Radio, Sat, iPod, Smartphone Integration
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST