BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GTB Performance

09-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #23
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Do you have examples?
I have not researched this one myself. Though I expect that there are some examples available if I were to search. Perhaps I will, but not right now.

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 02:31 PM   #24
Toomstone
First Lieutenant

Drives: Jet Black 328i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
It's not Bush's fault that Congress is so limp-wristed that it cannot fulfill it's responsibility to declare war or deny funds for war. He did what he could. Power corrupts. When that power is unchecked, it loses the concensus.

However, a better president (perhaps none with such principles exists) would hold Congress to their obligations. If they do not declare war, we don't go to war on foreign soil. He/she would have to win Congressional support and make it Constitutionally correct [maybe I just coined a phrase].
The funniest thing is that if we were to instantly get up and leave and it all went to hell. The Dems would go crazy on the fact that we left them in shambles and Iraq went to hell. When in fact it was the Dems who had us leave. Maybe Bush just knows that leaving instantly would be worse than staying there a few more years and finishing a tough job. I think Biden even said in the beginning(when he voted for it) that we would be there for at least 10 years.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 02:45 PM   #25
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomstone View Post
The funniest thing is that if we were to instantly get up and leave and it all went to hell. The Dems would go crazy on the fact that we left them in shambles and Iraq went to hell. When in fact it was the Dems who had us leave. Maybe Bush just knows that leaving instantly would be worse than staying there a few more years and finishing a tough job. I think Biden even said in the beginning(when he voted for it) that we would be there for at least 10 years.
This is the fruit of Congress' irresponsibility. I am not advocating immediate removal of our troops, though removal should be the goal, and apparently is the goal of the current and future Adminstrations.

All Congress achieved by not declaring war was to lay the blame on the President when it was politically expedient to do so. It is disingenous for them to do this since they are the ones who gave the President the power to wage war without declaration of war.

Hopefully Congress will wake up after all these wars that have gone undeclared and not repeat this same mistake. It seldom ends well.

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 04:21 PM   #26
sayemthree
Brigadier General

Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomstone View Post
http://www.bercasio.com/movies/dems-wmd-before-iraq.wmv

Seems as though the Democrats believed it was the right decision as well. Oh ya... only one senator voted not to invade.

But if you think it was wrong to invade blame the whole government, not one person or one party.

A little food for thought.
Please STOP posting facts here -no one is interested in that.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 04:33 PM   #27
Toomstone
First Lieutenant

Drives: Jet Black 328i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
Please STOP posting facts here -no one is interested in that.
I guess your right. On this forum I see the left avoiding the issues and facts and making fun of the opposition. One thing that really should stop is bashing on peoples spelling. Were on a forum not in class. Stick to the issues that are being talked about.
Appreciate 0