BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM Sport

09-27-2008, 12:19 AM   #23
watrob
Major

Drives: MY2013 X5M 50d - White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remus View Post
Yes! A specific E90 M3 exhaust is on the R&D schedule according to Remus AT.

Perfect, R & D can now work out where the drone will end up in the rev band, the lower the better, it seems the whole design of the M3 exhaust tends to place this drone in the 1800-3200 rev range depending on the make of the rear muffler used.

X5 M50d White, 20"rims, Adaptive Drive, HUD, Xenon Adapt Lights, Rear/Side Camera, Sunroof, Auto Tailgate, Comfort Access, Active Perforated Ventilated Comfort Seats, M Paddle Shift, Active Crus, Stop/Go, Proff Nav + TV, DAB, 16 Spk Ind HiFi, USB, Internet, Apps, 4 Zone Air, Towbar 20% Tint, 5mm Castor Bushes, Yellow Calipers, Ceramic Pads
watrob is offline   Australia
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 07:28 PM   #24
varun
Private First Class

Drives: '14 550i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by watrob View Post
And they will stick out another 1" or more when the system is hot. You just about have to have the pipes nearly level with the back bumper to allow for the expansion of the stainless steel system, I would adjust that.
Sorry I have to call B.S. on the 1 inch expansion when hot. Given the nature of the materials, that expansion is overestimated. I also measured it cold and after a few hours of driving and did not detect anything significant, had to me smaller than a quarter inch of expansion if any.

Also Im not too worried about it sticking out more than usual. Im behind the wheel more than I am looking at the pipes and its sounds so much better than stock that its worth it IMO. Sound clips coming soon...
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 08:05 PM   #25
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan

Drives: 2008 E92 Jerez Black M3

Garage List
Talking I have the Remus Race Exhaust and I love it.

The drone at 3000 RPM about 80MPH is something you have to deal with or just drop down to 5th The exhaust sounds really good and I like it and most important you can't see it and it looks better IMO I seen varun Exhaust in person I thought you could not put it on the E90 M3 until I seen his They may stick out a little but they will get your attention in a good way. His M3 was and sound great I can't wait to see the video Remus Race FTW

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger,SPEC Super Twin Disk Clutch,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, AA X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,Arkym CF rear Diffuser
SHADY1 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 02:26 AM   #26
gorun
Lieutenant

Drives: W166 ML63 PP

Will the drone vary with the DCT tranny and the different gear ratios? Varun, do you have the sport or the race system?
Appreciate 0