BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-06-2008, 12:45 PM   #1
sayemthree
Brigadier General
125

 
sayemthree's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: usa


Posts: 4,845
iTrader: (0)

First Lady Obama

only been proud of the USA once in her adult life!

sounds like she's a hater!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 12:50 PM   #2
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
37

 
Drives: 08' 328i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 90036


Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (0)

where do you get this information?

settle down, sparky. it will be ok.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #3
sayemthree
Brigadier General
125

 
sayemthree's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: usa


Posts: 4,845
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
where do you get this information?

settle down, sparky. it will be ok.

I read the news. she said it when Barack was nominated.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #4
E82tt6
Colonel
45

 
E82tt6's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Jersey


Posts: 2,629
iTrader: (0)

And Sarah Palin hasn't given much thought to the Iraq war until now, and she would actually be part of the government.
__________________
'08 Black Saphire/Black Z4 M Coupe
RIP Gretta: Blue Water/Lemon 135i. Died to save me.
-ChuckV
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 08:33 PM   #5
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
161

 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA


Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Didn't most of the Democrats think that eight years as first lady counted as experience for seeking the nomination for the party to be their candidate for President of the United States? How could that count as experience if there were not significant influence in government? Would Michelle Obama just not get any experience that way? Sounds like doublespeak. Which way is it?
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 09:18 PM   #6
Rips335iCoupe
Banned
14

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Goodyear, AZ


Posts: 947
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
My God!! This is old news .... why do you think she is off the campaign trial?

But I guess if you are getting your news from the hate sites (Dailykos, MoveOn.org, Media Matters, Huffington Post, MSNBC, NBC), like so many on here are, you will never hear about this. They don't report the news anymore .... just hate. Can you imagine if these haters lived somewhere else ... I mean, they live in the greatest country on earth and they are still miserable! They need to start enjoying their lives.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 10:18 PM   #7
E82tt6
Colonel
45

 
E82tt6's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Jersey


Posts: 2,629
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Didn't most of the Democrats think that eight years as first lady counted as experience for seeking the nomination for the party to be their candidate for President of the United States? How could that count as experience if there were not significant influence in government? Would Michelle Obama just not get any experience that way? Sounds like doublespeak. Which way is it?
Given that most democrats didn't vote for her, I'd assume otherwise!

At any rate, that's never an argument I made on her behalf. Quite frankly, I hate her guts, and always have.
__________________
'08 Black Saphire/Black Z4 M Coupe
RIP Gretta: Blue Water/Lemon 135i. Died to save me.
-ChuckV
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 10:24 PM   #8
Toomstone
First Lieutenant
6

 
Drives: Jet Black 328i coupe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: CA


Posts: 356
iTrader: (1)

That comment was just the tip of the Obama iceberg of racism...

In Germany... I don't look like other Americans who have been here before.

In a speech in I think Iowa... I dont look like the other presidents on the one dollar and five dollar bills.

Will he pull the race card if Congress doesn't support one of his bills?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 11:09 PM   #9
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
161

 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA


Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post
Given that most democrats didn't vote for her, I'd assume otherwise!

At any rate, that's never an argument I made on her behalf. Quite frankly, I hate her guts, and always have.
I thought it was 18 million of them that voted for her. And that it was a little more in number than voted for Obama.

Did most of them accept her eight years as First Lady as valid experience? And of those who voted for Obama, certainly some of them accepted Clinton's eight years as First Lady as if it were real experience. They voted for Obama for other reasons.

Obama is counting on winning over many of those 18 million Clinton voters.

Seems to me that Michelle Obama is valid for consideration when determining your vote. I believe that both Michelle and Barack have talked about her influence on him. To think that there would not be significant influence would make me ask whether you were married. If not, that could explain the disconnect.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 11:12 PM   #10
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
119

 
NaTuReB0Y's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Inland Empire


Posts: 7,381
iTrader: (12)

Do not be afraid of change..................
__________________
2006 E90 330i Jet Black | 20" WORK VS-XX | FK452 | H&R Sport on Koni Yellow | REMUS QUAD
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 11:40 PM   #11
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
161

 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA


Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
Do not be afraid of change..................
I fear change. But I also would push for change. Though the change I would seek out is far different than what I would expect from Obama. Really, Obama offers change that is simply an escalation of the progressive policies of the last 100 years. Really, it is nothing new. Real change is advocated by Constitutionalists, Libertarians, Communists, and Anarchists.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #12
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
37

 
Drives: 08' 328i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 90036


Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (0)

yeah, she's racist...

riiiiiight....

is that all you can come up w/?

what a joke..
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 01:21 PM   #13
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
29

 
consolidated's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas


Posts: 1,710
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
yeah, she's racist...

riiiiiight....

is that all you can come up w/?

what a joke..
I find it disgusting that the GOP, the party on the wrong side of almost every civil issue be it segregation, racism, women's rights or gay rights, is crying foul and screaming of being "victims" of racism and sexism.

The democrats have better represented and fought for all of those civil issues, the GOP is now capitalizing on it with the trojan horse Palin.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #14
E82tt6
Colonel
45

 
E82tt6's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Jersey


Posts: 2,629
iTrader: (0)

I'm not married, no. Hillarys more than Obsma claim was based on not counting caucuses and counting Michigan where he was not on the ballot.

While I'm not voting for Obama, Michelle is not a deterant. I've spoken to her at some length in person, and I do like her. She isn't a politician, so I'm willing to look beyond mis-steps. Having spent some time speaking with her I'm quite sure that she's a red blooded American. That, however, won't stop me from not voting for her husband for other reasons.

I think they have an interesting American "by your bootstraps" kinda story and I thnk they're both pretty down to earth. I'd like to see more "self made" people in politics, as I think their perspective brings something valuable to the disscussion.


Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I thought it was 18 million of them that voted for her. And that it was a little more in number than voted for Obama.

Did most of them accept her eight years as First Lady as valid experience? And of those who voted for Obama, certainly some of them accepted Clinton's eight years as First Lady as if it were real experience. They voted for Obama for other reasons.

Obama is counting on winning over many of those 18 million Clinton voters.

Seems to me that Michelle Obama is valid for consideration when determining your vote. I believe that both Michelle and Barack have talked about her influence on him. To think that there would not be significant influence would make me ask whether you were married. If not, that could explain the disconnect.
__________________
'08 Black Saphire/Black Z4 M Coupe
RIP Gretta: Blue Water/Lemon 135i. Died to save me.
-ChuckV
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #15
Toomstone
First Lieutenant
6

 
Drives: Jet Black 328i coupe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: CA


Posts: 356
iTrader: (1)

Hey read her college paper!

And although we know he is half black, he continues to tell us. But if someone else mentions that he is doing that (as I am now), the race card will be pulled instantly. It is a nasty double standard that has spun out of control in this country with the help of people like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, etc. (The type of people who scream racism if a white does something to a black whether the reason was racism or not)
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 01:33 PM   #16
Rips335iCoupe
Banned
14

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Goodyear, AZ


Posts: 947
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Wow .... I hope after Nov 4th some of you haters on here don't ....

I mean, don't get me wrong ... the world would be better off if you did, but ..... happy pills might help too!

My ignore list is getting longer and longer .... After Nov 4th, I will reveal all the haters on the list.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 01:39 PM   #17
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
161

 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA


Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomstone View Post
Hey read her college paper!
Do you have a link to her college paper? Or could you post the text of it?
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #18
Toomstone
First Lieutenant
6

 
Drives: Jet Black 328i coupe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: CA


Posts: 356
iTrader: (1)

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8642.html

all you need to see is the first post... that's what got her off the campaign trail because she said something blatantly racist. As soon as a black person was looking like he was going to be nominated she was proud.

Its like me saying ill be proud when mccain wins because he defeated the black nominee= blatantly racist
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 03:22 PM   #19
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
161

 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA


Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomstone View Post
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8642.html

all you need to see is the first post... that's what got her off the campaign trail because she said something blatantly racist. As soon as a black person was looking like he was going to be nominated she was proud.

Its like me saying ill be proud when mccain wins because he defeated the black nominee= blatantly racist
I'll read her theses sometime. Maybe soon. It would be great to see what others think of it.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 080222_MOPrincetonThesis_1-251.pdf (3.07 MB, 81 views)
File Type: pdf 080222_MOPrincetonThesis_26-501.pdf (3.78 MB, 80 views)
File Type: pdf 080222_MOPrincetonThesis_51-751.pdf (3.47 MB, 70 views)
File Type: pdf 080222_MOPrincetonThesis_76-981.pdf (1.80 MB, 70 views)
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #20
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
29

 
consolidated's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas


Posts: 1,710
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rips335iCoupe View Post
Wow .... I hope after Nov 4th some of you haters on here don't ....

I mean, don't get me wrong ... the world would be better off if you did, but ..... happy pills might help too!

My ignore list is getting longer and longer .... After Nov 4th, I will reveal all the haters on the list.
no one cares about your list, seriously.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 09:21 PM   #21
sayemthree
Brigadier General
125

 
sayemthree's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: usa


Posts: 4,845
iTrader: (0)

No she is NOT racist. dont you know , minorities cant be racist. only whites can be racist. Minorities use the N word all day. but its racist when whites use it. Minorities can go to church and listen to racist sermons - but thats ok cause they are minorities.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 09:47 PM   #22
Grizzles
First Lieutenant
United_States
7

 
Grizzles's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 550XI MSPORT
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NNJ


Posts: 376
iTrader: (0)

some people don't know that "uppity" is racist?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST