BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

09-05-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
gadget
Major

Drives: 09 e92///M SSII DCT

Shipping times for the new 09's

I was reading some posts on the shipping process as my cars production was competed today (9/5).

Here is my question. Since the factory in Germany was closed in August, I assume that there is no backlog of cars waiting for shipment, or at the preparation center in the US.

Does this mean that cars will go through the process faster and get here sooner. Does anyone have historical data to support this theory?

I'm sicking of waiting and knowing that my car is now is exitance is making the wait that much harder.

I can't wait....
gadget is offline   United_States
      09-05-2008, 08:45 PM   #2
AZ-BMW
Captain

Drives: 2009 M3 E93 w/DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget View Post
I was reading some posts on the shipping process as my cars production was competed today (9/5).
Here is my question. Since the factory in Germany was closed in August, I assume that there is no backlog of cars waiting for shipment, or at the preparation center in the US.
Does this mean that cars will go through the process faster and get here sooner. Does anyone have historical data to support this theory?
East Coast deliveries are ~1.0-1.5 weeks faster because no Panama Canal transit. My Wk36 (4 Sept) Build is going to Charleston, then to PCD and my pickup date is 23 Oct (they claim the earliest allowed pickup date) or 7 weeks. I've heard of people in NY getting their cars in 4-5 weeks, but would guess that is rare (ie, all the stars aligning or something)

2009 AW M3 E93 - Black Novillo|DCT|ZTP|ZPP|752 Enh Audio|4UT|Heated Seats|6FL|6NF|
For jpg's: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=186382&page=4
Traded: 2007 335i E93
AZ-BMW is offline   United_States
      09-05-2008, 10:38 PM   #3
ILLCOMM
Second Lieutenant

Drives: GT2

Because there are no cars waiting, I would guess that they have to wait to fill the ship. Who knows how long that might take...
      09-06-2008, 07:41 PM   #4
gadget
Major

Drives: 09 e92///M SSII DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLCOMM View Post
Because there are no cars waiting, I would guess that they have to wait to fill the ship. Who knows how long that might take...

How many BMW's do you think are made a week? 3?

A couple days of production will easily fill a ship. Think of all the 1,3,5,6,7 series cars that need to be sent to the US just from w36 production.
gadget is offline   United_States