BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
MaxcySpeed & Company
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-04-2008, 10:40 PM   #1
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

Unhappy my m3 probably saved my life tonight

i almost had a huge disaster tonight. i was cruising back from a friend's house going only about 80 when i came up on, what else, but a civic hatchback with some fart cans on it. i wasn't trying to race him or anything (whats the point) but i suppose he thought i was. we were both in the far left lane as i came up on him, i merged over to the middle lane to pass without breaking stride, i heard him gun it, he pulled ahead slightly, then began to "jokingly" swerve over to my lane...well its no joke when you're going 80. i had to cut really hard and swerve over to the far right lane where there was a slightly curbed median. as much as i hate hitting it, it probably saved my car extensive damage/my life. i was just barely a shade from losing control and going sideways into a nice 15 foot high wall...and i'm talking from the slimmest of margins did i escape that.

if it wasn't for the stellar handling of the m3, i would probably be in a world of hurt. i'm just glad i'm safe and escaped only with some wheel scrapes. to bmw. anyway, pics of damage below. its not much...both passenger side wheels have a nice beauty mark, the ps2's survived the impact, and it looks like my camber is still aligned properly...it might be off a hair, but i'll take it.

but if anyone knows someone in dallas that drives a piece of shit old black civic hatchback with loud and obnoxious fart cans please let me know. i would like to have a word with them with my fists. if i didn't think i had a blowout, i would be doing just that right now.
Attached Images
    
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
      09-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #2
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
 
hakaida442's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

only about 80...isn't that still way above the speed limit? both of you are wrong.
hakaida442 is offline  
0
      09-04-2008, 10:47 PM   #3
jamesisel
Major
 
jamesisel's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 Jerez/Fox Red E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wisconsin/ Tennessee

Posts: 1,035
iTrader: (0)

WOW. Glad you're ok!
__________________
Eisenmann Race Performance/VRS front lip 1x1/VRS type II diffuser 1x1/VRS single side trunk with Fade/19" HRE C90's/RE SSK/H&R Sport springs /35% tint/Painted reflectors/Painted side markers with dark tint LED's/Tinted tail lights/Front grilles/Hardwire V1
jamesisel is offline   United_States
0
      09-04-2008, 10:49 PM   #4
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaida442 View Post
only about 80...isn't that still way above the speed limit? both of you are wrong.
10 over, but its not like you've never done that before. well i mean, i don't know you, but there is a pretty good chance you've broken the speed limit before.
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
      09-04-2008, 10:51 PM   #5
!Xoible
Banned
 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
im glad ur ok. be careful next time. wheel can be repaired easily, dont worry.

the other day some car in front of me or 2 cars ahead of me blows up its tire, then it starts spinning, hits another car then all of a sudden is see 4 things flying towards my car. one of them was a hub cap.... i was worried something like that happens. i got lucky
!Xoible is offline   United_States
0
      09-04-2008, 10:51 PM   #6
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
 
hakaida442's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepilot View Post
10 over, but its not like you've never done that before. well i mean, i don't know you, but there is a pretty good chance you've broken the speed limit before.
yeah but wouldnt the cops put both of you at blame if an accident occured at that speed because both of you were technically speeding. thats what i meant.
hakaida442 is offline  
0
      09-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #7
addy85
Got beef?
 
addy85's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas

Posts: 3,647
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
man glad your okay bro!
__________________

Special Thanks to AU335
addy85 is offline   United_States
0
      09-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #8
gPiplay
Private First Class
 
gPiplay's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 双门轿
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 139
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaida442 View Post
only about 80...isn't that still way above the speed limit? both of you are wrong.

Are you serious... and you drive an '07 GT3???.... hmmmmm, something don't add up.
gPiplay is offline   Canada
0
      09-04-2008, 10:54 PM   #9
addy85
Got beef?
 
addy85's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas

Posts: 3,647
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaida442 View Post
only about 80...isn't that still way above the speed limit? both of you are wrong.
Is it a common theme to be a dick now days on m3post and e90post?
__________________

Special Thanks to AU335
addy85 is offline   United_States
0
      09-04-2008, 10:55 PM   #10
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaida442 View Post
yeah but wouldnt the cops put both of you at blame if an accident occured at that speed because both of you were technically speeding. thats what i meant.
true, but i think the exact same thing would have happened if i was going the speed limit. there are millions of kids everywhere in ricers that act like total retards. this kid was just trying to flex in front of a fast car and unfortunately i lost.
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
      09-04-2008, 10:55 PM   #11
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
 
hakaida442's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gPiplay View Post
Are you serious... and you drive an '07 GT3???.... hmmmmm, something don't add up.
I do my speeding at smmr. I'm just saying if an accident occured wouldn't both parties be at fault because both were above the speed limit?
hakaida442 is offline  
0
      09-04-2008, 10:58 PM   #12
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
 
hakaida442's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepilot View Post
true, but i think the exact same thing would have happened if i was going the speed limit. there are millions of kids everywhere in ricers that act like total retards. this kid was just trying to flex in front of a fast car and unfortunately i lost.
just because the other guy has a civic doesn't make you right. people drive nuts in all cars/trucks and shit happens when you got two people with egos behind the wheel.
hakaida442 is offline  
0
      09-04-2008, 11:02 PM   #13
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaida442 View Post
just because the other guy has a civic doesn't make you right. people drive nuts in all cars/trucks and shit happens when you got two people with egos behind the wheel.
wtf are you talking about? i did NOTHING wrong besides go 10 over. this has nothing to do with my ego. i wasn't trying to race him...and if i was, i wouldn't be sharing this story online. i had to swerve to avoid this a-hole not because of my ego. i had to protect myself from this guy's ego. i'm pretty sure my story was clear.
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
      09-04-2008, 11:03 PM   #14
consolidated
Major
 
consolidated's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 1,359
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaida442 View Post
yeah but wouldnt the cops put both of you at blame if an accident occured at that speed because both of you were technically speeding. thats what i meant.
Not so sure about that, speeding doesn't mean another car can intentionally merge into you. If anything, the Civic could get a contest of speed ticket. In any case, glad the OP is fine, I didn't see a need to chastise him for 80.
consolidated is offline  
0
      09-04-2008, 11:06 PM   #15
addy85
Got beef?
 
addy85's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas

Posts: 3,647
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaida442 View Post
just because the other guy has a civic doesn't make you right. people drive nuts in all cars/trucks and shit happens when you got two people with egos behind the wheel.
gtfo of this thread, your annoying
__________________

Special Thanks to AU335
addy85 is offline   United_States
0
      09-04-2008, 11:06 PM   #16
BMdblU
Brigadier General
 
Drives: with no destination
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 416

Posts: 3,820
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
Is it a common theme to be a dick now days on m3post and e90post?
Obviously, we all drive BMW's ...
BMdblU is offline   Canada
0
      09-04-2008, 11:06 PM   #17
addy85
Got beef?
 
addy85's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas

Posts: 3,647
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdblU View Post
Obviously, we all drive BMW's ...
I guess
__________________

Special Thanks to AU335
addy85 is offline   United_States
0
      09-04-2008, 11:11 PM   #18
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
 
hakaida442's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepilot View Post
wtf are you talking about? i did NOTHING wrong besides go 10 over. this has nothing to do with my ego. i wasn't trying to race him...and if i was, i wouldn't be sharing this story online. i had to swerve to avoid this a-hole not because of my ego. i had to protect myself from this guy's ego. i'm pretty sure my story was clear.
When you heard him gun it then it's clear that he thought it's a race and you should've simply backed off. Nothing good would've come from passing him as soon as he thought it was a race. I would rather keep an asshole driver in front of me than in back of me.
hakaida442 is offline  
0
      09-04-2008, 11:13 PM   #19
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
 
hakaida442's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by consolidated View Post
Not so sure about that, speeding doesn't mean another car can intentionally merge into you. If anything, the Civic could get a contest of speed ticket. In any case, glad the OP is fine, I didn't see a need to chastise him for 80.
The reason is because if an accident happened the other driver would probably have said the OP was racing him above the speed limit then it would be both their fault. Jeez. It really doesn't matter what cars both drivers were behind the wheel of. Be mature and safe and take the racing (real or imagined) to your local track.
hakaida442 is offline  
0
      09-04-2008, 11:16 PM   #20
addy85
Got beef?
 
addy85's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas

Posts: 3,647
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaida442 View Post
The reason is because if an accident happened the other driver would probably have said the OP was racing him above the speed limit then it would be both their fault. Jeez. It really doesn't matter what cars both drivers were behind the wheel of.
Please STFU!
__________________

Special Thanks to AU335
addy85 is offline   United_States
0
      09-04-2008, 11:17 PM   #21
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
 
hakaida442's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
Please STFU!
you stfu
hakaida442 is offline  
0
      09-04-2008, 11:18 PM   #22
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaida442 View Post
When you heard him gun it then it's clear that he thought it's a race and you should've simply backed off. Nothing good would've come from passing him as soon as he thought it was a race. I would rather keep an asshole driver in front of me than in back of me.
i was side by side him. i never broke stride. it wasn't until i was side by side him that he gunned it. then as funny ha ha he decided to antagonize me into a race by cutting me off in a very unfriendly way. i had to take EXTREMELY EVASIVE action to avoid being hit by him. mind you, this all happened in the course of about 2 seconds. i wasn't exactly en guard for it, i was just relaxed cruising home. what i like to call autopilot. if i didn't react as quickly as i did, i would probably be in the hospital. what you're overlooking is the fact that if i was driving a car that wasn't capable of handling as well as my m3 did at that very moment...i would have ate it hard into that wall.
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST