BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-05-2008, 01:35 PM   #67
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
161

 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA


Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
When I see someone post something that I know to be wrong, I correct it so that the incorrect information is not accepted at face value by others.
You THINK it is wrong. Just as your oponents THINK you are wrong.

You are not infallible, Mr. Pope.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #68
scalbert
Major General
78

 
scalbert's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 M3, '13 Volt, '08 Ody
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Woodstock, GA


Posts: 5,710
iTrader: (7)

^^^^ I guess not:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
Why don't we stop the bickering and focus on the topics in a clear manner. This can be done without personal references or insults just as you would do in a business meeting.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 01:40 PM   #69
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
35

 
ganeil's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Georgia


Posts: 2,050
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
PROVE IT.

You're a senile old man
OK, you just strongly implied you believed the Russian claims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
Yes, Russian troops were on the ready and stepped in right in time, because if they came a week or two later, there will be no South Ossetians left to protect.
__________________
_____________

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 01:45 PM   #70
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
67

 
solefald's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 F25
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA


Posts: 2,171
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Again, you are twisting my words to fit YOUR agenda.

Quote:
Such as the ones were I claim **2,000** civilians were killed by the Georgians?
Oh, wait that was you.

My bad.
Yes, it is your bad that memory does not serve you well any longer.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 01:45 PM   #71
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
35

 
ganeil's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Georgia


Posts: 2,050
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
You THINK it is wrong. Just as your oponents THINK you are wrong.

You are not infallible, Mr. Pope.
Are there not things you KNOW to be right or to be wrong?

FYI the proper way to address the Pope is Your Holiness.
__________________
_____________

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 01:57 PM   #72
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
54

 
addy85's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas


Posts: 3,646
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Are there not things you KNOW to be right or to be wrong?

FYI the proper way to address the Pope is Your Holiness.
Someone needs to hug this guy
__________________

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 02:05 PM   #73
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
161

 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA


Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Are there not things you KNOW to be right or to be wrong?

FYI the proper way to address the Pope is Your Holiness.
I KNOW plenty. And then someone else KNOWs the opposite. I spend a lot of time and effort to produce the evidence and the proof, but even that is not good enough for someone who has contradictory evidence and a different proof. What it all comes down to is that it is ALL OPINION. Your proofs are no proof at all without persuasion. It is only a proof if the other party accepts it and that will not happen without persuasion. Some people are immovable (ganeil and e90im). It is not worth the time to provide evidence and proof.

Evidence and proof mean nothing to those who will not fully consider it or are already steadfast no matter what they may see.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 04:19 PM   #74
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
113

 
e90im's Avatar
 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA


Posts: 3,108
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I KNOW plenty.
Most of it comes from a fantasy book.


Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I spend a lot of time and effort to produce the evidence and the proof, but even that is not good enough for someone who has contradictory evidence and a different proof.
If you disprove gravity, you'll get first class ticket to Stockholm and a million bucks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
What it all comes down to is that it is ALL OPINION.
True. Scientific opinion is based on evidence, experiments and real world. Your opinions are based on ancient anecdotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Some people are immovable (ganeil and e90im).
I knew you didn't like me scotty, but now you're showing hatred. To put me and "him" in the same group!?! Damn it, I don’t deserve it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Evidence and proof mean nothing to those who will not fully consider it or are already steadfast no matter what they may see.
If you understood the difference between anecdotal and physical evidence, you would see invalidity of your reasoning.
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 04:23 PM   #75
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
67

 
solefald's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 F25
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA


Posts: 2,171
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Republicans scare me... because they can't spell!

__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 04:45 PM   #76
Lassaxi
Major
United_States
10

 
Lassaxi's Avatar
 
Drives: April ED - E90 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston


Posts: 1,035
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
They are incredibly confident and utterly incompetent. A fatal mix.

Sarah McBitch will rip apart Joe “the Helmet” Biden in debates.

She just strikes me as “do whatever it takes.”

Oh, well, such is life….there’s always Canada…
This is what scares you about Republicans? Do you also sleep with your sheets tucked in so that the boogeyman can't get you?
__________________
May 3, '07European Delivery, Redelivered on 6/11/07 - Monaco Blue/Beige, Steptronic, ZPP, ZCW, PDC, iDrive/Navi with RTTI, Logic 7, Xenons, HD Radio
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 05:13 PM   #77
ATG
Major
Cuba
21

 
ATG's Avatar
 
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Eastside


Posts: 1,058
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
Republicans scare me... because they can't spell!

Well, techically "mavrick" is a true American word that replaced an old English word "maverick" just as "color" replaced "colour." What matters is that "mavrik" stands for what is right (or wright?)
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #78
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
67

 
solefald's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 F25
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA


Posts: 2,171
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG View Post
Well, techically "mavrick" is a true American word that replaced an old English word "maverick" just as "color" replaced "colour." What matters is that "mavrik" stands for what is right (or wright?)
I can't find that in any dictionary....


No definitions found for "mavrick", perhaps you mean:

gcide: Maverick
wn: maverick
moby-thes: maverick
gaz-county: Maverick
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 05:30 PM   #79
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
161

 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA


Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
From the Urban Dictionary. I don't think this one will stick:

1. Mavrick 1 up, 1 down
Character in the webcomic "The Adventures of Mavrick and Indigo" he looks like a gold X from the "Megaman X" game series. He is the kind of blissfully stupid character like many Anime main heroes

2. Mavrick 2 up, 6 down
A wanna-be gay who pretends to like girls for the attention while really masterbauting to male porn at night.
That Kitty acts like a dike, but she is totally a Mavrick.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 05:31 PM   #80
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
548

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .


Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
we talking basketball?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 05:36 PM   #81
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
54

 
addy85's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas


Posts: 3,646
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
we talking basketball?
shit ya we are, you see that mavericks are up 2 and down 6 at the same time!
__________________

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 07:08 PM   #82
ATG
Major
Cuba
21

 
ATG's Avatar
 
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Eastside


Posts: 1,058
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
I can't find that in any dictionary....


No definitions found for "mavrick", perhaps you mean:

gcide: Maverick
wn: maverick
moby-thes: maverick
gaz-county: Maverick
It hasn't made the dictionary yet, but American English is a fast evolving language...

"Gaz-county Maverick": I like that!

American people need more GAZ! Let's start drilling! "Take it from a gal who knows the northern shore of Alaska like the back of her boobs!"
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 09:23 PM   #83
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
113

 
e90im's Avatar
 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA


Posts: 3,108
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
Republicans scare me... because they can't spell!

Nicely done...
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 10:04 PM   #84
325/528
Second Lieutenant
2

 
Drives: pinto
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: lost soul


Posts: 221
iTrader: (5)

Well, at least there are no sweeping generalizations or negativism in this thread - NOT.

Maybe it's just time to agree to disagree and get on with our lives???
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 03:52 PM   #85
dr335is
Brigadier General
54

 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
Republicans scare me... because they can't spell!
Bush proved all that for 8 years...
The scary thing would be that people in this country would want 4 more years of crap...
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 04:45 PM   #86
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
54

 
addy85's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas


Posts: 3,646
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Bush proved all that for 8 years...
The scary thing would be that people in this country would want 4 more years of crap...
whys that scary? were used to it
__________________

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 04:48 PM   #87
alms21
Captain
United_States
18

 
Drives: '10 GT-R
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Frederick, MD/Sarasota, FL


Posts: 863
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
They are incredibly confident and utterly incompetent. A fatal mix.

Sarah McBitch will rip apart Joe “the Helmet” Biden in debates.

She just strikes me as “do whatever it takes.”

Oh, well, such is life….there’s always Canada
Come on...you and Alec Baldwin making promises again? He said that twice during W's terms. Oh well, we can always hope the two of you leave. Perhaps you and Alec should take Michelle Obama with you. After all, she really doesn't like this country. She thinks it's mean and isn't proud to be an American.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2008, 09:10 PM   #88
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
67

 
solefald's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 F25
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA


Posts: 2,171
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Bush proved all that for 8 years...
The scary thing would be that people in this country would want 4 more years of crap...
I have to agree with you, unfortunately they will. over and over again... just like they did twice before


Jon Stewart has a good one over here:
I watched it 3 times and still laughing!

http://www.theinformationparadox.com...s-mccains.html
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST