BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

ESS Tuning

09-02-2008, 10:05 PM   #23
sayemthree
Brigadier General

Drives: bmw

immigration - I am against them coming here and living off welare. but our economy needs cheap labor.
      09-02-2008, 10:15 PM   #24
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
immigration - I am against them coming here and living off welare. but our economy needs cheap labor.
I guess you are referring to the bit about not displacing American workers with foreign immigrants.

I would expect that if labor weren't cheap, and many other provisions of immigration and trade policies were in place, that American ingenuity would reignite and we would see inventions to do the work of immigrant labor. Of course, this takes time. But time is standing still while the incentive doesn't exist. Think of the cotton gin which I believe was an American invention.

For all our immigrant labor, we have become a net importer of agricultural products.

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
      09-02-2008, 10:18 PM   #25
sayemthree
Brigadier General

ever seen a MRF- materiels recycling center? it requires manual labor to pluck recyclables out of household trash . no american wants to do this work. Immigrants will. its extremely automatic but still reuires manual labor.
      09-02-2008, 10:32 PM   #26
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
ever seen a MRF- materiels recycling center? it requires manual labor to pluck recyclables out of household trash . no american wants to do this work. Immigrants will. its extremely automatic but still reuires manual labor.
There is much of the Constitution Party platform and candidate policy positions that I have not studied. I have also not discussed many of them in detail with others. So, I would not be surprised if I would some that would not agree with me. However, I have never fully agreed with any one person, much less any one political organization.

In the part about immigrants displacing Americans workers, the quote from the platform is this:
"We oppose the abuse of the H-1B and L-1 visa provisions of the immigration act which are displacing American workers with foreign."
I haven't looked up the specific provisions. My assumptions about what is covered by those provisions may be wrong. My initial thought is that work that is not being done and will not be done by Americans would not fall under this platform statement. But I could be wrong about that.

The next part, is that once we do have effective control of immigration, then we can choose who to allow into the country, and we will exercise that capability. Importantly, immigrants would not burden government or citizens.

09-03-2008, 12:02 AM   #27
sayemthree
Brigadier General

I dont agree with any one party either- heck there are some areas (few) I lean towards the DEMS. but i favor right to bear arms, lower taxes, strong self defence, and smaller government, and states rights.

its true - we need to allow immegrants to come here more easily BUT ONLY legally. that way they can pay taxes too.
      09-03-2008, 10:58 AM   #28
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
I dont agree with any one party either- heck there are some areas (few) I lean towards the DEMS. but i favor right to bear arms, lower taxes, strong self defence, and smaller government, and states rights.

its true - we need to allow immegrants to come here more easily BUT ONLY legally. that way they can pay taxes too.
I would agree for the most part. I really like a lot of the ideas in the FairTax. With it, illegals would effectively be taxed more than legals. What a great plan!