BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Steve Thomas BMW

09-01-2008, 01:58 AM   #1
sayemthree
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: bmw

the Flag burning, tax raising black guy and another old insider same thing white guy?

vs. the Old Maverick guy + the VPMILF? who would you do? I mean vote for?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 12:48 PM   #2
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
I'll vote for the presidency the Baptist preacher, radio talk show host, author and columnist along with his running mate, a bankruptcy and injury attorney who is a U.S. Marine Corps veteran.

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 12:55 PM   #3
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
someone already "did" the VPMILF's teenage daughter
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 03:22 PM   #4
sayemthree
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I'll vote for the presidency the Baptist preacher, radio talk show host, author and columnist along with his running mate, a bankruptcy and injury attorney who is a U.S. Marine Corps veteran.
I hear you - but arent you just wasting your vote?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 03:30 PM   #5
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not in the least. A vote for a third party counts more than any other. It is one that gets us that much closer to having a viable alternative.

If all I would vote for was who can win, I would also tend to vote for the candidate that was most likely to win, as if I were going to get a payoff for betting on the winner.

I have voted for the lesser of two evils for over 20 years. I am done with voting for evil.

Since the running mates have been picked, it is more difficult to resist the persuasiveness of the Republican party.

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 03:48 PM   #6
AJerman
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 335i

Send a message via AIM to AJerman Send a message via MSN to AJerman Send a message via Yahoo to AJerman
Quote:
This is one of the biggest problems with today's voters, and if there was one thing I could change, this would be it. You are NEVER wasting your vote. It's one of my pet peeves when someone says they have to figure out who they want to vote for, for example, in primaries, because the one they like has no chance. They have no chance because of so many people thinking like that. If half the people would stop thinking like that and just vote for them, they'd actually have a chance.

Please, if you do anything, vote for the person you support, not the one you think will win out of the most likely candidates. That's almost as bad as not voting at all.
      09-01-2008, 06:58 PM   #7
sayemthree
Brigadier General
Rep

it would be nice it a third party were a reality - but I think its not possible and even less so than in the past.

so for example if a large group of people voted for the GREEN party they would in reality get likely just get McCain elected instead of OBama who some would say would better represent them.

I guess I look at the two viable parties and vote for the one that best represents my values. evil or not, no party will likely ever duplicate my values.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 07:11 PM   #8
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
it would be nice it a third party were a reality - but I think its not possible and even less so than in the past.

so for example if a large group of people voted for the GREEN party they would in reality get likely just get McCain elected instead of OBama who some would say would better represent them.

I guess I look at the two viable parties and vote for the one that best represents my values. evil or not, no party will likely ever duplicate my values.
If I took that approach, I would be voting for the Republicans again.

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 08:40 PM   #9
sayemthree
Brigadier General
Rep

i'll checkout your
alternative - Constitution Party 2008
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 08:50 PM   #10
AJerman
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 335i

Send a message via AIM to AJerman Send a message via MSN to AJerman Send a message via Yahoo to AJerman
Quote:

And that's what you should do, just don't be afraid to vote for whatever DOES fit you best, not whatever fits you best out of what's likely to win. The reason that third parties have so much trouble these days, and always have for a long time, is because of exactly that reason. People don't vote for them if they don't think they can win. There are at least 4 distinctly different political view points in general (based on most political graphs), and many more in between. To think that two different parties should represent every single person just doesn't make sense. It's going to take a movement to start voting for other parties, even if your party isn't going to win, to start getting more support and votes until one day they CAN be a reality.
      09-01-2008, 09:37 PM   #11
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJerman View Post
And that's what you should do, just don't be afraid to vote for whatever DOES fit you best, not whatever fits you best out of what's likely to win. The reason that third parties have so much trouble these days, and always have for a long time, is because of exactly that reason. People don't vote for them if they don't think they can win. There are at least 4 distinctly different political view points in general (based on most political graphs), and many more in between. To think that two different parties should represent every single person just doesn't make sense. It's going to take a movement to start voting for other parties, even if your party isn't going to win, to start getting more support and votes until one day they CAN be a reality.
+1

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 09:38 PM   #12
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i'll checkout your
alternative - Constitution Party 2008
Let me know what you think.

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 10:46 PM   #13
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

August 29, 2008
Has Joe Biden been drinkin?

Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 03:04 PM   #14
sayemthree
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Let me know what you think.

like said no one fits in one single party - I think I am 1/3 consitution, 1/3 rep, and 1/3 libertarian.

if McCain had no chance I might vote for a third party. but I think he has a good chance.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 03:15 PM   #15
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
like said no one fits in one single party - I think I am 1/3 consitution, 1/3 rep, and 1/3 libertarian.

if McCain had no chance I might vote for a third party. but I think he has a good chance.
I'm probably about 1/2 Republican and 1/2 Constitution Party. It just seems that McCain is 1/2 Democrat and 1/2 Republican.

I am sick of just being used by the Republican party. From here on, it's put up or shut up. If they don't start delivering on the issues they have used to bring me in all these years, then I don't care much whether they win or the Democrats win.

McCain's VP pick gives some degree of hope for the future of the Republican party. If other Ron Paul types get anywhere in the party that will help, too.

Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 06:42 PM   #16
sayemthree
Brigadier General
Rep

how about Libertarian: anti-tax, anti-big government, anti-gun control?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 07:01 PM   #17
ArtPE
Banned
Rep

Drives: e46 M3

bush said mccain was gay in 2000...is that true?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #18
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
how about Libertarian: anti-tax, anti-big government, anti-gun control?
What are the major differences between the Libertarian Party and the Constitution Party?

Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 08:31 PM   #19
sayemthree
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
What are the major differences between the Libertarian Party and the Constitution Party?
not much really- maybe trade and immigration? according to Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Us_political_parties
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 09:12 PM   #20
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I have summarized some of the Constitution Party platform on Immigration here including some direct quotes:
  • Oppose displacing American workers with foreign immigrants.
  • Stop most immigration (both legal and illegal) "until the availability of all federal subsidies and assistance be discontinued, and proper security procedures have been instituted to protect against terrorist infiltration".
  • Sponsors of immigrants must post bond "to commit legally to provide housing and sustenance for such immigrants, bear full responsibility for the economic independence of the immigrants".
  • Deny immigration to those who would be a burdern.
  • "We oppose the provision of welfare subsidies and other taxpayer-supported benefits to illegal aliens, and reject the practice of bestowing U.S. citizenship on children born to illegal alien parents while in this country."
  • "We oppose any extension of amnesty to illegal aliens. We call for the use of U.S. troops to protect the states against invasion."
  • "We support English as the official language for all governmental business by these United States."

Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 09:41 PM   #21
Tarthuss
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 335i

Quote:
Not in the least. A vote for a third party counts more than any other. It is one that gets us that much closer to having a viable alternative.

If all I would vote for was who can win, I would also tend to vote for the candidate that was most likely to win, as if I were going to get a payoff for betting on the winner.

I have voted for the lesser of two evils for over 20 years. I am done with voting for evil.

Since the running mates have been picked, it is more difficult to resist the persuasiveness of the Republican party.
Some of those evils turned out to be pretty good presidents, exempt 'W', and solidified the U.S. as the #1 Super power in the world. Under their administration this country flourished enough for you to surf the internet, unlike in some third world countries, and get yourself a nice Air Conditioned BMW.

Pisses me off. Evils? Castro, Chavez, Correa, Guevara, Pinochet, the now famous "last king of scotland", try Hitler, Mussolini.

Wahh wahh Clinton cheated on his wife...so evil!
Hitler killed tens of thousands of people...so evil
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 09:42 PM   #22
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

There are some provisions in the platform on tariffs I am not yet sold on. Here is a summary from the Constitution Party platform including some direct quotes:

Tariffs and Trade
  • Only the U.S. Congress (and not agencies) may regulate commerce with foreign nations.
  • Withdraw from NAFTA, GATT, WTO and others.
  • U.S. government revenue should come from import tariffs.
  • "We strongly oppose unconstitutional 'Trade Promotion Authority,' which transfers the establishment of trade policy from Congress to the Executive branch of government."
  • End tax breaks for foreign corporations.
  • "We demand that all weapons systems, military uniforms and equipment purchased for the American military be domestically produced in their entirety along with all their component parts."
  • Oppose Federal government employees from becoming lobbyists for foreign interests in matters of trade.

Appreciate 0