BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

rolloface

08-31-2008, 12:39 AM   #89
AJerman
Major

Drives: '08 335i

Send a message via AIM to AJerman Send a message via MSN to AJerman Send a message via Yahoo to AJerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I think I am in full agreement on these points (except the word stupid in your first sentence). But if there are some who would vote for Palin based on gender alone, then it was a good pick for them. Just as there are some who would vote for Obama on race alone, then he was a good pick for those voters.

On these points I disagree. Palin does appeal to part of the Republican base that don't like McCain. That appeal is due to issues, not gender.

One thing that is a slap in the face of women is when people automatically assume that a pretty woman must be incompetent or simply privileged because of her looks.

Lastly, affirmative action or some form of it is very real in this election.
Perhaps the word stupid is a big extreme, but that's basically how I feel about a lot of our voters. People like my roommate who is completely clueless about politics, but says stupid things like "F*** that, I'm not voting for a black man or a woman", not that he was even going to vote in the first place. To me it's as bad when someone makes a baseless pick based on race, gender, political party, or any other similar reason, disregarding the actual issues.

I don't think it's a good pick to pick Clinton or Palin based on gender, or Obama based on race, because that's important to someone. President or Vice President, or really any political office isn't the place to represent your race or gender. These are the people that run our country, at least pay attention to their views.

I think it's very bad that so many people don't vote, but I'd rather them not vote rather than voting uneducated or for a reason that has no impact at all on how they do their job.

As for your second reply, I wasn't necessarily meaning she would pick up votes from those who don't like McCain, but more from people who are undecided, or weren't even going to still vote after Hilary dropped out.

I'm sure that she does help McCain extend his appeal to Republicans that don't support him yet, but then again, a VP is always going to do that. I just can't convince myself that he truly wanted her for her views alone, and that the idea of trying to pick up the gender vote that comes with her. I hope I'm wrong, but the way it comes across to me, that's just what it seems like. There were plenty of good strong candidates that could have bolstered his campaign, and she certainly doesn't seem like the best choice, at least to me.

Anyway, as for your comment regarding assuming women are incompetent based on looks... I don't know if you meant that to me or just in general, but I certainly don't think that. I'm not saying she's competent or not, I just don't think she's the best choice that McCain could have made, regardless. I do agree though. People like my roommate who truly believes that a black president would somehow represent the downfall of the white man, or that a woman isn't capable of such a job. Like I said, I don't know which is worse, voting for a candidate solely based on race, gender, political party, etc, or NOT voting for someone solely for the same reasons.

Edit: Damn, stop making me make long and thought out posts! This is going to take a lot of mindless "+1" and "" posts to even it out.
      08-31-2008, 07:09 AM   #90
NoKids
Major

Drives: ...

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
Making her more experienced than both Obama and Biden combined when leadership is concerned.
Sheez, at least paraphrase or link your statements instead of a direct copy and paste:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/vnn/818739908.html

http://www.thelangreport.com/2008-pr...g-sarah-palin/

Simply pathetic when trying to convey a thought which is not your own.

And… This is bad. Personally seeing the use of abortion as birth control is appalling. Her views are a bit extreme but SHE has greater ability to comment on this topic than you or I. That is unless you are a female.

I disagree with creationism but do have an open mind. Should a single sided thought be taught or should we present multiple options to the children and let them decide for themselves. from what I have read, she does not oppose the teaching of evolution.

And again… I have seen evidence to support both arguments and not completely decided. We are below the mean temperature for the planet. You seem to assume or convey that something that does not agree with you is automatically incorrect. Furthermore, you failed to mention (most likely due to copying and pasting) that she has endorsed studies on climate change and reduction of greenhouse gases.

What personal experience or knowledge do you have with renewable? When will there be a valid and economical alternative (and I am not referring to subsidized)?

She is right. There are no valid alternatives which are currently cost effective. She does support research into alternatives while current supplies are being utilized. In fact, she did oppose the oil company’s endeavors in Alaska as well as certain political interest groups. In other words, she actual stood up for something and committed to it. What one single thing has Obama stood up for and committed to?

I know everyone has an opinion and i respect everyone's right to have an opinion BUT you need to kill yourself. extreme conservative views like these, and the people who support them are just as bad as AlQaida and the Taliban.
Here are some of the things conservatives believe in:

-In favor of death penalty, but please dont touch a sack of shit embryo for scientific study that COULD cure millions of people from crippling diseases
-they feel safe and are perfectly fine with everyone in the country owning a gun. owning a gun would also protect them in case their own government tries to take over their country.
-They favor hunting endangered species off the plantet, fuck em. and they'd add 'tree hugging hippie' to that list if they could.
-the slow and irreversible killing of our planet for the sake of profit is really one of the worst things conservatives bring. They want to use oil until it runs out, even though we already have the technology to use other methods. Conservatives dont want to make a sacrifice for the future, they want everything cheap, now! everything is about money to you people. (what do you mean you people? WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU PEOPLE?)) lol
-creationism: we're obviously not an advanced civilization if we still believe in this fucking shit. why dont we teach santa claus, angels, and jesus in the classroom too? "jesus could turn water into wine, turned his body into crackers, cure the blind, and he was supposed to come back in the year 2000 but is running kind of late."

if jesus was real he would be rolling around in his grave (or whatever he rests in) if he knew what America has been doing in his name. christian country my ass. if you're going to say you believe in christ then act like it. if you're going to kill for economic gains, admit you dont believe in christ and that you believe in materialism. i hate hypocrites.

i love it how white people came to the Americas to slaughter the local indians, steal their wealth, populate the countries with their own seed, but if some country tries that 200 years later it's not ok. We are now civilized and dont go to wars. why not? because the resources of the world are no longer in the hands of dumb defenseless indians, or tribal blacks, or nomadic arabs; the resources of the world are now in the hands of WHITEY. damn hypocrites.

rant over.
      08-31-2008, 09:03 AM   #91
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJerman View Post
Perhaps the word stupid is a big extreme, but that's basically how I feel about a lot of our voters. People like my roommate who is completely clueless about politics, but says stupid things like "F*** that, I'm not voting for a black man or a woman", not that he was even going to vote in the first place. To me it's as bad when someone makes a baseless pick based on race, gender, political party, or any other similar reason, disregarding the actual issues.

I don't think it's a good pick to pick Clinton or Palin based on gender, or Obama based on race, because that's important to someone. President or Vice President, or really any political office isn't the place to represent your race or gender. These are the people that run our country, at least pay attention to their views.

I think it's very bad that so many people don't vote, but I'd rather them not vote rather than voting uneducated or for a reason that has no impact at all on how they do their job.

As for your second reply, I wasn't necessarily meaning she would pick up votes from those who don't like McCain, but more from people who are undecided, or weren't even going to still vote after Hilary dropped out.

I'm sure that she does help McCain extend his appeal to Republicans that don't support him yet, but then again, a VP is always going to do that. I just can't convince myself that he truly wanted her for her views alone, and that the idea of trying to pick up the gender vote that comes with her. I hope I'm wrong, but the way it comes across to me, that's just what it seems like. There were plenty of good strong candidates that could have bolstered his campaign, and she certainly doesn't seem like the best choice, at least to me.

Anyway, as for your comment regarding assuming women are incompetent based on looks... I don't know if you meant that to me or just in general, but I certainly don't think that. I'm not saying she's competent or not, I just don't think she's the best choice that McCain could have made, regardless. I do agree though. People like my roommate who truly believes that a black president would somehow represent the downfall of the white man, or that a woman isn't capable of such a job. Like I said, I don't know which is worse, voting for a candidate solely based on race, gender, political party, etc, or NOT voting for someone solely for the same reasons.

Edit: Damn, stop making me make long and thought out posts! This is going to take a lot of mindless "+1" and "" posts to even it out.
+1

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
      08-31-2008, 09:52 AM   #92
scalbert
Major General

Drives: '08 E90 M3, '13 Volt, '08 Ody

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKids View Post
BUT you need to kill yourself.
I will expect an apology for making such a statement. You are pretty pathetic for making a suggestion such as this. It also appears you did not read the whole context of the statement.
      08-31-2008, 10:05 AM   #93
scalbert
Major General

Quote:
-In favor of death penalty, but please dont touch a sack of shit embryo for scientific study that COULD cure millions of people from crippling diseases
-they feel safe and are perfectly fine with everyone in the country owning a gun. owning a gun would also protect them in case their own government tries to take over their country.
-They favor hunting endangered species off the plantet, fuck em. and they'd add 'tree hugging hippie' to that list if they could.
-the slow and irreversible killing of our planet for the sake of profit is really one of the worst things conservatives bring. They want to use oil until it runs out, even though we already have the technology to use other methods. Conservatives dont want to make a sacrifice for the future, they want everything cheap, now! everything is about money to you people. (what do you mean you people? WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU PEOPLE?)) lol
-creationism: we're obviously not an advanced civilization if we still believe in this fucking shit. why dont we teach santa claus, angels, and jesus in the classroom too? "jesus could turn water into wine, turned his body into crackers, cure the blind, and he was supposed to come back in the year 2000 but is running kind of late."
You are obviously young either in age or intellect and did not fully read what was stated. This is obvious when you bring up the creationism argument when I clearly stated I believe in evolution. But to hit the other points:

By your username I would assume you have no children; which is probably a good thing based on the response. Sack of shit embryos; what a brilliant statement. If you are referring to stem cells, what does that have to do with late term abortions? Are you suggesting that women should get pregnant for the sake of having abortions when stem cell production can occur without embryos?

Guns, when the majority of gun owners have obtained them illegally shouldn’t responsible owners be able to have the opportunity to own them?

This is hilarious. Conservatives are killing the planet. Yet, you are on a BMW forum where we are all killing the planet. You had better sell your BMW and walk as a bicycle would also be killing the planet; the metal production does put off significant emissions. You people; just simply childish. If you want to discuss something, please make specific claims and not general assertions.

I can understand disagreements as many here have differing opinions. But the methods and manners of which you conveyed yourself does how something about character and lessens your input.
      08-31-2008, 12:36 PM   #94
NoKids
Major

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
You are obviously young either in age or intellect and did not fully read what was stated. This is obvious when you bring up the creationism argument when I clearly stated I believe in evolution. But to hit the other points:

By your username I would assume you have no children; which is probably a good thing based on the response. Sack of shit embryos; what a brilliant statement. If you are referring to stem cells, what does that have to do with late term abortions? Are you suggesting that women should get pregnant for the sake of having abortions when stem cell production can occur without embryos?

Guns, when the majority of gun owners have obtained them illegally shouldn’t responsible owners be able to have the opportunity to own them?

This is hilarious. Conservatives are killing the planet. Yet, you are on a BMW forum where we are all killing the planet. You had better sell your BMW and walk as a bicycle would also be killing the planet; the metal production does put off significant emissions. You people; just simply childish. If you want to discuss something, please make specific claims and not general assertions.

I can understand disagreements as many here have differing opinions. But the methods and manners of which you conveyed yourself does how something about character and lessens your input.
i dont care what you think and i'm not trying to change your mind. i'm expressing my opinions. if you are offended, i dont care. i'm not here to make friends. i consider your ilk a different species from mine. a species i wish moved to mars, and in 1000 years we'll see who is more evolved and who is living in the stone age like the Taliban. pure morons.
      08-31-2008, 12:38 PM   #95
NoKids
Major

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
You are pretty pathetic for making a suggestion such as this.
funny, i thought the same thing about you when i read your original post.
      08-31-2008, 12:39 PM   #96
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
i dont care what you think and i'm not trying to change your mind. i'm expressing my opinions. if you are offended, i dont care. i'm not here to make friends. i consider your ilk a different species from mine. a species i wish moved to mars, and in 1000 years we'll see who is more evolved and who is living in the stone age like the Taliban. pure morons.
You are pathetic.

Please continue to have "NoKids."

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
      08-31-2008, 12:40 PM   #97
NoKids
Major

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
You are pathetic.

Please continue to have "NoKids."
right back at ya NeoCon.
      08-31-2008, 12:44 PM   #98
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
right back at ya NeoCon.
Too late.

Curious if "we" are the only ones having kids and owning all the guns, how do you know "you" will still be around in 1000 years?

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      08-31-2008, 01:03 PM   #99
scalbert
Major General

Quote:
i dont care what you think and i'm not trying to change your mind. i'm expressing my opinions. if you are offended, i dont care. i'm not here to make friends.
Just sad...

Internet arrogance and immaturity at its best.
      08-31-2008, 01:17 PM   #100
calleballe
ExPAt

Drives: E90

To me it is great news that Mc Cain made this pick. This will only make the chances for GOP far smaller.

She lacks education, experience and is being investigated for abuse of power..

Current cars
BMW 328i (to become sth else)
      08-31-2008, 01:46 PM   #101
NoKids
Major

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Just sad...

Internet arrogance and immaturity at its best.
i flamed you good scalbert.

but instead of being such a flanders goodie two shoes, i want you to flame back. i know you Cons don't turn the other cheek on anything, even though you claim to follow Jesus. you people love revenge, love to fight. so i want you to unleash the profound biblethumping, neocon sympathizer, NRA groupie, polarbear killing, homeless-hippie-media hating, world polluting, warmongering, bushzombie, constitution trashing, science-loathing, global warming denier, evolution doubting feelings you have loose on me.

i am ready for your worst.
      08-31-2008, 02:09 PM   #102
scalbert
Major General

Quote:
i flamed you good scalbert.

but instead of being such a flanders goodie two shoes, i want you to flame back. i know you Cons don't turn the other cheek on anything, even though you claim to follow Jesus. you people love revenge, love to fight. so i want you to unleash the profound biblethumping, neocon sympathizer, NRA groupie, polarbear killing, homeless-hippie-media hating, world polluting, warmongering, bushzombie, constitution trashing, science-loathing, global warming denier, evolution doubting feelings you have loose on me.

i am ready for your worst.
You must have me confused with someone else. I have stated I do not believe in creation nor do I follow Jesus. I am simply not religious and I do believe in evolution. But I do not tell others what they should or shouldn't believe.

It is apparent that you mistakenly stereotyped someone. Such a myopic view of the world is pathetic. You want to argue over the Internet? Just pure and simple childish.
      08-31-2008, 06:43 PM   #103
ganeil
Colonel

So much for a post-convention bounce.

From Rasmussen:

Quote:
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday—the day before the Republican National Convention is scheduled to begin—shows Barack Obama ahead of John McCain by three percentage points both with and without leaners. That’s exactly the same edge Obama enjoyed a week ago on the eve of the Democratic National Convention.

Today’s numbers show a one-point improvement for McCain, but Obama still leads 47% to 44%. When "leaners" are included, it’s Obama 49%, McCain 46% (see recent daily results). Obama is now viewed favorably by 57% of the nation’s voters, McCain by 56%. Tracking Polls are released at 9:30 a.m. Eastern Time each day and a FREE daily e-mail update. is available.

There have been significant changes in perception of John McCain in the two days of polling since he named Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate. Since then, 49% of Republicans voice a Very Favorable opinion of McCain. That’s up six percentage points from 43% just before the announcement. Also, 64% of unaffiliated voters now give positive reviews to McCain, up ten points since naming his running mate.

There has been little change in perceptions of Obama since his Thursday night speech and the Palin announcement (see trends and other recent demographic observations).

Palin herself made a good first impression and is now viewed favorably by 53% of voters nationwide. Her counterpart, Joe Biden, is viewed favorably by 48%. While Palin has made a good first impression, the more significant numbers will come a week from now after the nation has a chance to learn more about her.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      09-01-2008, 09:15 AM   #104
stressdoc

Drives: F80 YMB

If this were not the cesspool of Bimmerpost I would be tempted to big brother some points at several of you posting in this thread for personal attacks. So much for the purported end of the culture wars. America still looks to be in deep trouble.
stressdoc is offline   Dominica
      09-01-2008, 05:37 PM   #105
gonzo
Brigadier General

Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
If this were not the cesspool of Bimmerpost I would be tempted to big brother some points at several of you posting in this thread for personal attacks. So much for the purported end of the culture wars. America still looks to be in deep trouble.
      09-01-2008, 06:22 PM   #106
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
I am not quite sure what to make of this. I had not heard of the Alaska Independence Party. I think I like the idea that Sarah Palin has some ties to a third party.

Sarah Palin and the Alaska Independence Party. Palin addresses AIP convention

Sarah Palin and the Alaska Independence Party. AIP - Part 1

Sarah Palin and the Alaska Independence Party2. AIP convention pt.2

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
      09-02-2008, 08:15 AM   #107
jeveryday
Colonel

Drives: 2007 Sparkling Graphite 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadE View Post
Your crazy, please explain your reasoning behind that very uneducated statement.
See you Nov. 4th...

What makes your opinions so educated? I guess i will have to search your post just to check how educated you are, cool guy.
jeveryday is offline   United_States
      09-03-2008, 05:28 PM   #108
ArtPE
Banned

Drives: e46 M3

she said god told us to go to war...

and asked people to pray for the AK gas pipeline...

wack-oooooooooooooooooooo

bimbette, tv face, with no education...dumb as a brick
if she was uglier you guys would have no 'love' for her...

this is a cheap political trick....Americans aren't that stupid...err, then again the repubs would screw the country to get their way...they've done it before, they would do it again...
      09-03-2008, 06:12 PM   #109
Neurorad
Major

Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP

Diebold will have the last laugh.

http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...dentally_leaks

09-03-2008, 08:14 PM   #110
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtPE View Post
she said god told us to go to war...

and asked people to pray for the AK gas pipeline...

wack-oooooooooooooooooooo

bimbette, tv face, with no education...dumb as a brick
if she was uglier you guys would have no 'love' for her...

this is a cheap political trick....Americans aren't that stupid...err, then again the repubs would screw the country to get their way...they've done it before, they would do it again...
Ahm...Dub got elected twice...

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is online now   United_States