BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

ESS Tuning

08-26-2008, 05:33 AM   #1
NoKids
Major
Rep

Drives: ...

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Anybody still undecided this election?

I'm curious to know who hasn't made up their mind as to who they're voting for president of the usa. If you haven't made up your mind yet, what are you waiting for? The choice is clearly black or white.
      08-26-2008, 08:03 AM   #2
clark192
Second Lieutenant
Bahrain
Rep

Drives: 2006 325i (EU)

uhh, was that an attempt at a pun?

im still waiting just because neither candidate has actually said anything about their plans. and, in fact, if you check out their websites which list some key issues and some broadlevel strategies for tackling the problems, you see they all will just keep spending till they have nothing left to spend.

now i dont care about political parties, but i am waiting for the debates to listen and see who make more valid points and stops spewing rhetoric. if either candidate can make some valid points on how to save america from itself, im ready to cast my vote.

who did you pick?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 09:18 AM   #3
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Still haven't decided to vote yet. I'll be on vacation out of the country on election day, so have to decide if I want an absentee ballot, and fill out the paperwork.

I'm registered non-partisan. Barack is charismatic, but not sure he has the experience. I keep trying to compare him to JFK, but can't quite make the connection.

John has experience, but maybe too much. There HAS to be some lingering negative effects from his time as POW. Is it enough that he's too dangerous to lead us in the world?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 09:55 AM   #4
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Still haven't decided to vote yet. I'll be on vacation out of the country on election day, so have to decide if I want an absentee ballot, and fill out the paperwork.

I'm registered non-partisan. Barack is charismatic, but not sure he has the experience. I keep trying to compare him to JFK, but can't quite make the connection.

John has experience, but maybe too much. There HAS to be some lingering negative effects from his time as POW. Is it enough that he's too dangerous to lead us in the world?
Be careful about the JFK comparisons. Kennedy had served six years in the House and was in his second term in the Senate when he was elected President. That is more than four times the federal elective experience Obama can claim.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 09:56 AM   #5
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
i dont vote, but if i did i'd do whatever it takes to remove republicans and give this country and the world a breather from these paranoid bunch that's destroying the world in the name of civilization and democracy. that's even if the other candidate is the devil himself
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 10:00 AM   #6
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
i dont vote, ...
Thank God!

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 10:19 AM   #7
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
i dont vote, but if i did i'd do whatever it takes to remove republicans and give this country and the world a breather from these paranoid bunch that's destroying the world in the name of civilization and democracy. that's even if the other candidate is the devil himself
You can make a difference in this election.

This election is about CHANGE. CHANGE begins with with you. Everything you said above is true. Turn your passion into the CHANGE you want. You owe it to yourself to vote!
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 10:23 AM   #8
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
You can make a difference in this election.

This election is about CHANGE. CHANGE begins with with you. Everything you said above is true. Turn your passion into the CHANGE you want. You owe it to yourself to vote!
i cannot make a difference. when they review my vote they go fuck it's mantis, he's vote-whoring
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 11:25 AM   #9
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep

Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
You owe it to yourself to vote!
Unfortunately its not that easy. I would love to vote, but I can't. My green card renewal papers got lost 3 times AFTER being signed for, so took me two and a half years to renew it. And now judging by the fact that my citizenship application got lost too, also after being signed for, I may not be eligible to vote until the next election. However, there is an upside to that... I don't have to do jury duty....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil
Thank God!
loan me your brain, I'm building an idiot.
      08-26-2008, 11:50 AM   #10
noire07
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 328xi

Send a message via AIM to noire07
Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
Unfortunately its not that easy. I would love to vote, but I can't. My green card renewal papers got lost 3 times AFTER being signed for, so took me two and a half years to renew it. And now judging by the fact that my citizenship application got lost too, also after being signed for, I may not be eligible to vote until the next election. However, there is an upside to that... I don't have to do jury duty....
They lost my green card renewal papers once and was able to get a new temporary green 'card' (peice of paper, I think). Put in my citizenship application, twice, because the first time they couldn't verify my time in service. Got my citizenship, then got the new green card 8 months later.

Undecided. Although I do like Obama's VP choice.
2007 328xi E90..Jet Black..Black Dakota Leather..Premium.Sport.CW..19" Staggered Gunmetal VMR v710..Blk Grills..Blacklines..LED Interior lights..OEM Spoiler..RR CDV..OEM Strut Bar..UUC SwayBarbarian Swaybars..H&R Coilovers..330i SSK..3 Stage Intake Manifold..BMW Performance Intake + Exhaust + Steering Wheel..PBX..V1 Hardwire..GPS Hardwire..Rear Power Outlets[Robot Happy Face]..Rear Fogs..OEM Alarm..Alpine PDX-5..Earthquake SWS 8" Subs..MB Quart RVF210[Fr+Rr]..iPod Adapter..35% Tint..
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 01:04 PM   #11
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Like I said, I can't make the comparison fit.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 02:11 PM   #12
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by noire07 View Post
They lost my green card renewal papers once and was able to get a new temporary green 'card' (peice of paper, I think). Put in my citizenship application, twice, because the first time they couldn't verify my time in service. Got my citizenship, then got the new green card 8 months later.
And these are the people that some want to put in charge of our health care.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 02:12 PM   #13
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
loan me your brain, I'm building an idiot.
Did you leave your sense of humor in Mother Russia.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 02:41 PM   #14
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post

I read this book last week (The 5000 Year Leap: The 28 Great Ideas That Changed the World). It dealt with freedom, democracy, liberty, natural law, and many other aspects of the design of the U.S. Constitituion and founding of this nation. It was a brief introduction that you should find interesting whether you agree with the point of view, or disagree. With it are many references to other source works.

http://www.amazon.com/review/product...owViewpoints=1

http://jimmysmithblog.blogspot.com/2008/05/5000-year-leap-miracle-that-changed.html

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 04:09 PM   #15
NoKids
Major
Rep

Drives: ...

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clark192 View Post
uhh, was that an attempt at a pun?

who did you pick?

ya it was a pun. i dont like US foreign policy with regards to installing democracies over dictators; i think the US intervenes in order to profit from these moves and doesn't give a crap about democracy or the people. i dont like USA's blind support for Israel. i think US military spending is disgusting. why so much money invested in killing? John McCain will spend on bombs, while Obama will spend on books.

As far as the internal affairs of the USA, i think the people get what they deserve. When the American people will get fed up of their crappy health care or education system they will force the government to do something about it. if nothing changes it's because the American citizen sat on his lazy ass and didnt make a change happen. I think John McCain will keep the status quo and wont change anything for 8 years. I think Barrack will 'attempt' to change things and will have the majority of congress behind him to effectuate those changes. So i think Americans should give Barrack a chance, even though it's a lot of power he will have, to change America and in turn change the world.

That's the choice i think Americans have before them.

Last edited by NoKids; 08-26-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 04:10 PM   #16
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Thank God!
Which one?

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 05:37 PM   #17
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKids View Post
ya it was a pun. i dont like US foreign policy with regards to installing democracies over dictators; i think the US intervenes in order to profit from these moves and doesn't give a crap about democracy or the people. i dont like USA's blind support for Israel. i think US military spending is disgusting. why so much money invested in killing? John McCain will spend on bombs, while Obama will spend on books.
I think you have a fundamentally flawed conception of how the US government works, or is supposed to work. The federal government is not empowered by our Constitution to spend any money on books. Now, that is not followed in practice but the vast majority of money spent on education in this country comes from state and local governments, not the federal. That is how the system is designed.

The federal government is constitutionally responsible for defense so it only makes sense that it spends more of its revenue on defense.

I find it interesting that you fault the US for supporting democracy over dictators as I am old enough to remember when we were lambasted by the left for supporting dictators at the expense of democracy movements in countries with strong anti-communist authoritarian regimes.

Quote:
As far as the internal affairs of the USA, i think the people get what they deserve. When the American people will get fed up of their crappy health care or education system they will force the government to do something about it. if nothing changes it's because the American citizen sat on his lazy ass and didnt make a change happen. I think John McCain will keep the status quo and wont change anything for 8 years. I think Barrack will 'attempt' to change things and will have the majority of congress behind him to effectuate those changes. So i think Americans should give Barrack a chance, even though it's a lot of power he will have, to change America and in turn change the world.

That's the choice i think Americans have before them.
The choice is between those who think it is the role of the government to solve the problems you cite and those who think federal government is more a part of the problem than the solution.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 05:39 PM   #18
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I read this book last week (The 5000 Year Leap: The 28 Great Ideas That Changed the World). It dealt with freedom, democracy, liberty, natural law, and many other aspects of the design of the U.S. Constitituion and founding of this nation. It was a brief introduction that you should find interesting whether you agree with the point of view, or disagree. With it are many references to other source works.

http://www.amazon.com/review/product...owViewpoints=1

http://jimmysmithblog.blogspot.com/2008/05/5000-year-leap-miracle-that-changed.html
sometimes i have a really hard time relating ur posts to the topic. sorry
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 05:59 PM   #19
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep

Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
And these are the people that some want to put in charge of our health care.
Wait... did i miss something??? There is health care in United States???
      08-26-2008, 11:04 PM   #20
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
sometimes i have a really hard time relating ur posts to the topic. sorry
Basically, the idea was that those who are undecided may be facing no good choice in the two major parties. The book I recommended is one that is advocating an alternative. Why many do not like either the Democrats or the Republicans is because they are varying degrees of the same problem. The 5000 Year Leap details why America was the nation that moved us into the modern era, and what has gone wrong since then.

There is an alternative to the two major parties. However, the odds are heavily against us. The odds should not stop you from doing what is right.

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 10:26 AM   #21
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

I'm registered non=partisan because it lets me concentrate on individual candidates, not party lines. It bugs me to no end when I ask something along the lines of "Who are you voting for this election" and I get "The (insert party name here)" No, WHO are you voting for. Some don't really even know the candidate, but can't really tell me their party's line either. . .

If looking at the majority in the last two elections, I voted more Democrats than Republicans, but there were a few "other" party candidates as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 11:05 AM   #22
darkphantom
Banned
Rep

Drives: E93 335i

Send a message via AIM to darkphantom
don't vote a straight ticket please =(
Appreciate 0