BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

03-28-2017, 01:38 PM   #1
tlrid3r
DISITRB
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

I got to give a shot out to ESS customer service. I'm on a ESS tune witch was installed years ago. The car has been great since, but recently I needed to smog my car. So after many years I lost my base tune(oem read out) and didn't have the new version of E-Flash. I was having a hard time with the driver install but not because their software, but the windows security. They helped me out with my windows security and they had a copy of my base tune saved from 7 YEARS AGO! True customer service is not just taking care of your new customers, but your long gone customers. I'm really glad I got ESS tune.

Thanks ESS.
///M3... Don't want more power, Just want it to turn sharper one step closer each time. -Ohlins TTX Raceline, PolePostions seats, Akrapovic EVO, Volk TE37, 1/2 Cage, Seat Delete, solid Subframe and diff bushing, spherical bearing on everything.
Appreciate 1
      03-28-2017, 01:46 PM   #2
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E90M,13 ZCP E92, 12 X5

Agreed

Although since Roman left ESS customer service has gone down one notch, in my experience with another tuner on these boards that has 'great customer service', ESS is still significantly better.

I regret not using ESS for my second car. I bought into all the hype...
Appreciate 1
      03-28-2017, 02:13 PM   #3
Qe92
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Agreed

Although since Roman left ESS customer service has gone down one notch, in my experience with another tuner on these boards that has 'great customer service', ESS is still significantly better.

I regret not using ESS for my second car. I bought into all the hype...
Which tune did you end up going with?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 02:21 PM   #4
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qe92 View Post
I'll just say 'another one'. I'm still trying to actually get support from them almost a year later.
This was after 'rave reviews'. It took a month just to get a tune. A whole month! ESS ships it back a day after.

Oh the regrets...
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 02:27 PM   #5
Qe92
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'll just say 'another one'. I'm still trying to actually get support from them almost a year later.
This was after 'rave reviews'. It took a month just to get a tune. A whole month! ESS ships it back a day after.

Oh the regrets...
there's so many different tunes, that it's hard to choose lol
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 03:22 PM   #6
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I agree

The basis of going with ESS originally was that they have proven mastery of the ECU, as you can see with their S54 and S65 builds that have been operating for many years with stellar results.
No one else has the same claim. There are a handful of VT3 cars but the only ones with actual documentation are ESS cars.
I'm NA, but I want the same people that can avoid a VT3 850hp build from exploding to do my tuning.

I remember in my S54 I had them custom tune a '320i' map onto the Sport button for winter driving. They did a great job. Then I ran it as a DD and a double duty track car until 170k miles.

For the car I tuned with someone else I needed something very specific which requires dyno time: cams. ESS is on the opposite side of the country to me, so choosing someone closer seemed like a good idea. Suffice to say, it was not.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 03:25 PM   #7
Qe92
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I agree

The basis of going with ESS originally was that they have proven mastery of the ECU, as you can see with their S54 and S65 builds that have been operating for many years with stellar results.
No one else has the same claim. There are a handful of VT3 cars but the only ones with actual documentation are ESS cars.
I'm NA, but I want the same people that can avoid a VT3 850hp build from exploding to do my tuning.

I remember in my S54 I had them custom tune a '320i' map onto the Sport button for winter driving. They did a great job. Then I ran it as a DD and a double duty track car until 170k miles.

For the car I tuned with someone else I needed something very specific which requires dyno time: cams. ESS is on the opposite side of the country to me, so choosing someone closer seemed like a good idea. Suffice to say, it was not.
That's a good way to look at it, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 03:27 PM   #8
tlrid3r
DISITRB
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

To add my car has been on ESS tune for 80k miles. I'm currently over 101k miles on my s65 powered m3.
Attached Images

///M3... Don't want more power, Just want it to turn sharper one step closer each time. -Ohlins TTX Raceline, PolePostions seats, Akrapovic EVO, Volk TE37, 1/2 Cage, Seat Delete, solid Subframe and diff bushing, spherical bearing on everything.
Appreciate 2