BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
VF Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-18-2008, 07:02 PM   #23
Mr.AK
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 M3 e92
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Baltimore MD

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Junkie View Post
I took my girlfriend out to look at cars a few weeks ago. We looked at Mini's, BMWs, and VWs. I'm personally pushing for a Cooper S.

We pulled up to the VW dealer in the M3 and the salesguy came out to meet us. We ended up driving a Jetta GLI. The sales guy did his rant explaining everything about the car while I drove toward an area with some fun twisties. He was heading for trouble when he started taking jabs at the M3: "well, your BMW has lots of power I'm sure, but the GLI makes a ton of torque which makes it alot more fun to drive in the corners" ... and "the handling on the GLI package could give your car a run for its money"

I just smiled whenever he said something stupid. Remember the twisties I mentioned? I took most of them sideways, tires screaming, salesman grasping the oh-shit handles for dear life. At one point casually I said, "wow, the handling sure is nice" That shut him up. His face was off-white for the remainder of the test drive. Frankly, I don't think he could handle a hot-lap in the M3
This sales associate is what i refer to as: A SMUCK ON WHEELS!!!
Mr.AK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2008, 08:59 PM   #24
Zed
Replicant
 
Zed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 M3 E90 DCT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 199
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
Swear to God... My wife thought gas "boiled" inside the fuel tank and air bubbles ran the car like a Willy Wonke effect!!! She even made the putt-putt-putt sounds with her mouth. hahahaha
Well... this isn't car related, but my brother's girlfriend thought there was really a bone in a boner ("Why else would they call it that?"). When he tried to explain how it really worked (I was laughing too hard), she remained confused. And she had a 6yr old from a prior marriage (not a spring chicken)... airhead doesn't even begin to cover it.
Zed is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2008, 09:00 PM   #25
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
 
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 4,765
iTrader: (0)

this reminds me sooo much of this thread:

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...hlight=dumbest
__________________
Stop putting stuff like painted reflectors and premium package in your signature. You're embarrassing.
TK-421 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2008, 09:04 PM   #26
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,527
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
sunroof FTL, its useless for me. CF ftw
__________________
FifthStreetz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2008, 10:09 PM   #27
IWearScrubs
Doctor Awesome!
 
IWearScrubs's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 Sedan 6MT Jerez and Fox Red
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Posts: 194
iTrader: (0)

I had a 325 load of teenage girls come up next to me at a stoplight and tell me that we had the same car, only mine has nicer wheels...

yeah, ok, whatever, move along now so you dont hit me when you decide to not pay attention to your driving...
IWearScrubs is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2008, 10:47 PM   #28
JEllis
Brigadier General
 
JEllis's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SD CA/Yuma

Posts: 4,673
iTrader: (4)

hahahaha
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14547_7.gif
JEllis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2008, 10:55 PM   #29
sayemthree
Brigadier General
 
sayemthree's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: usa

Posts: 4,845
iTrader: (0)

pointed out the CF roof to a buddy - check out he CF roof. he says is it real? FAIL!
sayemthree is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2008, 11:52 PM   #30
rob612
Second Lieutenant
 
rob612's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 - m3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California

Posts: 235
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
Swear to God... My wife thought gas "boiled" inside the fuel tank and air bubbles ran the car like a Willy Wonke effect!!! She even made the putt-putt-putt sounds with her mouth. hahahaha

rob612 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2008, 12:55 AM   #31
Hada318i
Motorin'
 
Drives: Cement Truck
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orlando

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

the ignorance is making me sick
Hada318i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2008, 08:40 AM   #32
valeram
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dublin, OH

Posts: 1,344
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Junkie View Post
I took my girlfriend out to look at cars a few weeks ago. We looked at Mini's, BMWs, and VWs. I'm personally pushing for a Cooper S.

We pulled up to the VW dealer in the M3 and the salesguy came out to meet us. We ended up driving a Jetta GLI. The sales guy did his rant explaining everything about the car while I drove toward an area with some fun twisties. He was heading for trouble when he started taking jabs at the M3: "well, your BMW has lots of power I'm sure, but the GLI makes a ton of torque which makes it alot more fun to drive in the corners" ... and "the handling on the GLI package could give your car a run for its money"

I just smiled whenever he said something stupid. Remember the twisties I mentioned? I took most of them sideways, tires screaming, salesman grasping the oh-shit handles for dear life. At one point casually I said, "wow, the handling sure is nice" That shut him up. His face was off-white for the remainder of the test drive. Frankly, I don't think he could handle a hot-lap in the M3
LOL that is cool. You should have asked him to ride in your car and do the twisties again. But, I think, you will have to do some cleaning-up after the ride.
valeram is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2008, 09:08 AM   #33
BHairsto
Lieutenant
 
BHairsto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Woodbridge, VA

Posts: 458
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.AK View Post
My not very "car-intelligent" buddy got his first ride in the new e92 M3 w/ CF roof this weekend. So he touches the interior roof and says,"you know, you REALLY should or spent a little more and gotten the sunroof man." I then proceeded to slam on the breaks, came to a screeching halt and told him to walk home. j/k Don't mess with the CF roof! Feel free to share you own retarded passenger experiences.
My 3-year old son has Fragile-X Syndrome, and is considered mentally retarded. So he is my 'retarded passenger'. Funny enough for you?
BHairsto is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2008, 09:17 AM   #34
Mr.AK
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 M3 e92
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Baltimore MD

Posts: 242
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHairsto View Post
My 3-year old son has Fragile-X Syndrome, and is considered mentally retarded. So he is my 'retarded passenger'. Funny enough for you?
That is not funny at all...i am very sorry for my ignorance.
Mr.AK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2008, 11:19 AM   #35
Canyon Junkie
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boulder, CO

Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)

How about "Get out of my M3 and into the FAIL boat!" ???
Canyon Junkie is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2008, 01:09 PM   #36
gadget
Major
 
gadget's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 e92///M SSII DCT
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: US

Posts: 1,162
iTrader: (0)

I don't expect my wife or hot girls to know how the car works in the same way that I have no clue who the new and up and coming shoe designers are. You guys need to cut the girls some slack, especially if they are hot.

On the flip side, I also think its funny how ignorant men can be about cars, specially those who claim to be sports cars aficionados.

Although I've not gotten my M3 yet, I've gotten a few funny comments about my car:

1. (after telling them its rear wheel drive) Hmmm, this looks like a great sports car, how come they didn't put the better and more moder FWD system in it.

2. My car's engine has a nicer note ( I asked what kind of engine they had) It's a V4.

3. The seat is to low and hard to get out of, they should have made the car and the seat higher

4. Is the top waterproof?
gadget is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2008, 01:18 PM   #37
M3101
Private
 
Drives: Depends on what day...
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: TX

Posts: 56
iTrader: (0)

#4
M3101 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2008, 01:26 PM   #38
BMWDEMON
Super modder
 
BMWDEMON's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 & E46 M3 vert
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Annapolis, MD

Posts: 1,798
iTrader: (1)

funny azz stories!
__________________
BOOSTED! 2005 E46 M3 ZCP - I/B on black- DD super modded (425WHP/300FT)
SELLING MODS IN HAND!!!!Akro slip on and Challenge diffuser - PM me if interested!!!!
BMWDEMON is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2008, 01:50 PM   #39
darkphantom
Banned
 
Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The place for Bimmers

Posts: 5,949
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to darkphantom
While I don't have an M3 (I know, I'm in the wrong section) I just wanted to share how us enthusiast can never explain to non-enthusiasts the fun of going on a twisty run.....

here are some responses/questions I got when I was telling my girlfriend and parents about it...

"Wait, so you're just going to drive your car all day? Don't you already do that when you're going to work and coming back?"

"What's so fun about this drive?? don't you take enough turns in the city??"

"Why are you just going to waste gas???"

"So you went to go drive in circles or something?? What's so special about it? Why didn't you just take your accord??"



How do you explain handling to the non-enthusiast crowd?
darkphantom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2008, 02:18 PM   #40
ersin
Brigadier General
 
ersin's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 IB E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland

Posts: 4,069
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Junkie View Post
I took my girlfriend out to look at cars a few weeks ago. We looked at Mini's, BMWs, and VWs. I'm personally pushing for a Cooper S.

We pulled up to the VW dealer in the M3 and the salesguy came out to meet us. We ended up driving a Jetta GLI. The sales guy did his rant explaining everything about the car while I drove toward an area with some fun twisties. He was heading for trouble when he started taking jabs at the M3: "well, your BMW has lots of power I'm sure, but the GLI makes a ton of torque which makes it alot more fun to drive in the corners" ... and "the handling on the GLI package could give your car a run for its money"

I just smiled whenever he said something stupid. Remember the twisties I mentioned? I took most of them sideways, tires screaming, salesman grasping the oh-shit handles for dear life. At one point casually I said, "wow, the handling sure is nice" That shut him up. His face was off-white for the remainder of the test drive. Frankly, I don't think he could handle a hot-lap in the M3
LOL! When I bought my Nissan Pathfinder the salesman there swore that the 350Z was better than my M3 (E46) in every way and would certainly kill it on the track ... even if I chipped the turbo. I would have liked to take him for a "hot-lap" in the M3.
__________________

I've been assimilated. 6MT/ZPP/18"/PS extended.
ersin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2008, 02:24 PM   #41
PortoM3
M3lover
 
Drives: SSII M3
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Salt lake city, UT

Posts: 409
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to PortoM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Junkie View Post
I took my girlfriend out to look at cars a few weeks ago. We looked at Mini's, BMWs, and VWs. I'm personally pushing for a Cooper S.

We pulled up to the VW dealer in the M3 and the salesguy came out to meet us. We ended up driving a Jetta GLI. The sales guy did his rant explaining everything about the car while I drove toward an area with some fun twisties. He was heading for trouble when he started taking jabs at the M3: "well, your BMW has lots of power I'm sure, but the GLI makes a ton of torque which makes it alot more fun to drive in the corners" ... and "the handling on the GLI package could give your car a run for its money"

I just smiled whenever he said something stupid. Remember the twisties I mentioned? I took most of them sideways, tires screaming, salesman grasping the oh-shit handles for dear life. At one point casually I said, "wow, the handling sure is nice" That shut him up. His face was off-white for the remainder of the test drive. Frankly, I don't think he could handle a hot-lap in the M3
Man, I was laughing so hard and I shared the story with my wife, and she said, "did he ask the salesman to drive the GLI and race him against the M3." I think that would have shut him up. Did you buy a car from him?
also, that makes me think what people did to the used cars I bought in the past before I bought them. I am so glad my baby was a "virgin" when I got her.
PortoM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2008, 02:27 PM   #42
Stunnerable
Captain
 
Stunnerable's Avatar
 
Drives: Nissan Rogue, 09 Jet Black M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Horsham, PA

Posts: 606
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
While I don't have an M3 (I know, I'm in the wrong section) I just wanted to share how us enthusiast can never explain to non-enthusiasts the fun of going on a twisty run.....

here are some responses/questions I got when I was telling my girlfriend and parents about it...

"Wait, so you're just going to drive your car all day? Don't you already do that when you're going to work and coming back?"

"What's so fun about this drive?? don't you take enough turns in the city??"

"Why are you just going to waste gas???"

"So you went to go drive in circles or something?? What's so special about it? Why didn't you just take your accord??"



How do you explain handling to the non-enthusiast crowd?
AHH! I know what you mean. It almost angers me that a lot of people don't get it in any way. Maybe it bothers me because every time I am driving some slow SOB in an American 4 door car brakes before ever slight bend in the road and all I can do is remember what all of those "commuters" said to me when I tried to talk to them about driving. Personally I think 80% of the population should take public transportation and leave the roads to the drivers.
Stunnerable is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2008, 02:32 PM   #43
M3101
Private
 
Drives: Depends on what day...
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: TX

Posts: 56
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunnerable View Post
AHH! I know what you mean. It almost angers me that a lot of people don't get it in any way. Maybe it bothers me because every time I am driving some slow SOB in an American 4 door car brakes before ever slight bend in the road and all I can do is remember what all of those "commuters" said to me when I tried to talk to them about driving. Personally I think 80% of the population should take public transportation and leave the roads to the drivers.
M3101 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2008, 02:34 PM   #44
sayemthree
Brigadier General
 
sayemthree's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: usa

Posts: 4,845
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Junkie View Post
How about "Get out of my M3 and into the FAIL boat!" ???

sayemthree is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST