BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-24-2008, 05:40 PM   #133
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
 
Voltigeur's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: TX

Posts: 2,519
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Scott View Post
I am good friends with the Pope.
__________________

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Voltigeur is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2008, 05:41 PM   #134
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
 
Voltigeur's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: TX

Posts: 2,519
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
I think BW was asking if the European maps come preloaded on the new iDrive. The ED FAQs say yes and so somehow confirm the introduction of the new iDrive:

Best regards, south
Nicely spotted South!
__________________

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Voltigeur is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2008, 05:56 PM   #135
e46e92love
Brigadier General
 
e46e92love's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The East Side of Things

Posts: 3,037
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to e46e92love
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur View Post
Nicely spotted South!
+1
__________________

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
e46e92love is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-25-2008, 12:57 AM   #136
Big Windy
Major General
 
Big Windy's Avatar
 
Drives: audi s4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: seatac, wa

Posts: 5,118
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
I think BW was asking if the European maps come preloaded on the new iDrive. The ED FAQs say yes and so somehow confirm the introduction of the new iDrive:

Attachment 179819


Best regards, south
I was south, and thanks! More evidence for the Week 36 production folks!
Big Windy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-25-2008, 11:25 AM   #137
yahtzee
El Capitan
 
yahtzee's Avatar
 
Drives: fast
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Virginia

Posts: 660
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
I wonder what it will cost to retrofit the '09 system to an '08? Probably a few thou, I would guess.
Anyone ever get an answer on this?
yahtzee is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-25-2008, 12:18 PM   #138
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,496
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
'09 iDrive retrofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahtzee View Post
Anyone ever get an answer on this?
I doubt this will be answerable until the new systems are on the street.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2008, 12:32 PM   #139
chenghongchou
New Member
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Arrow MY2009 M3 with DHH IDrive

my sale just send me new pdf. ordering information to me for Canada spec, it shows, MY2009 3series come with new iDrive srart date 09/08 ZPL navi package.
But for M3 only shows ZAA MDrive Package with Navi, it show includes iDrive, MDrive button, Programmable Memory Keys and """Hard Drive"""

So """Hard Drive""" that mean come with new idrive system, i think....
So i think same as US spec
chenghongchou is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2008, 05:33 PM   #140
Captain Scott
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 09 E92
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: St Paul MN

Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

Get this, I just found out that my car is in Production and will be finished next Tue, week 36, that's great I said. Now I asked BMWNA the question today about the new Idrive since my car is in production and he still could not tell me 100% whether or not the new drive was in there. He said no way to tell.......

He said I guess you will find out when you get the car!
Captain Scott is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2008, 05:50 PM   #141
TLud
Colonel
 
TLud's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,280
iTrader: (3)

If it wasn't so ridiculous, it would be downright comical.

We need to call up BMW-Werk Regensburg (+49 941 770-0), ask to speak with Hans on the plant floor, and just ask him if he's putting in the new CIC. My German is only passable, but I'm literally thinking about trying something like this.
TLud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2008, 08:10 PM   #142
Captain Scott
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 09 E92
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: St Paul MN

Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
If it wasn't so ridiculous, it would be downright comical.

We need to call up BMW-Werk Regensburg (+49 941 770-0), ask to speak with Hans on the plant floor, and just ask him if he's putting in the new CIC. My German is only passable, but I'm literally thinking about trying something like this.
Anybody sprecinzee deutche here on the crack pipe? I will pay for the call! Let me know.

Scott
Captain Scott is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2008, 12:19 PM   #143
bmwsloy
Enlisted Member
 
bmwsloy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 - WK 38 Status 195
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Wheeling, WV

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Well, just got off the phone with Dan at BMW NA about my W36 Coupe and asked the question again about whether or not I will have the updated iDrive. He put me on hold and came back and said yes. Reason for the hold was to confirm if he was able to release the information. He said that all 3 series would receive the new iDrive as well, again fitting with what we've been hearing for the last month or so. With that said, I'm feeling even more confident. I'd encourage any other US customers that are week 36 productions to give them a call as well. A few more yes answers would make me even happier today.
bmwsloy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2008, 01:08 PM   #144
Captain Scott
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 09 E92
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: St Paul MN

Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwsloy View Post
Well, just got off the phone with Dan at BMW NA about my W36 Coupe and asked the question again about whether or not I will have the updated iDrive. He put me on hold and came back and said yes. Reason for the hold was to confirm if he was able to release the information. He said that all 3 series would receive the new iDrive as well, again fitting with what we've been hearing for the last month or so. With that said, I'm feeling even more confident. I'd encourage any other US customers that are week 36 productions to give them a call as well. A few more yes answers would make me even happier today.
They told me the same thing 2 minutes ago. The way it was worded to me was( with the release of the new 09's they have the new Idrive).


Who's next to call?

Scott
Captain Scott is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2008, 05:34 PM   #145
Babaganush
Private First Class
 
Babaganush's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 E92 DCT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Frisco, TX

Posts: 104
iTrader: (1)

Also just called BMW NA. Same response. All indications show that my week 36 E92 will have the updated iDrive; however, they are not 100% certain until probably next week.
Babaganush is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2008, 10:21 PM   #146
bmwsloy
Enlisted Member
 
bmwsloy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 - WK 38 Status 195
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Wheeling, WV

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

So has anyone else called in yet?
bmwsloy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2008, 12:15 AM   #147
lawjizams
M IS THE KING!
 
Drives: M3 E90 SSII
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: VA Beach, VA

Posts: 45
iTrader: (0)

I called my dealer to see if my order was going to have the new idrive. He said for now from what he knows is the 328i and 335i's will have the new idrive. He informed me that they have not received a release date on when the M's will receive the new upgrade. So far i'm crossing my fingers as of now
lawjizams is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2008, 01:03 AM   #148
Big Windy
Major General
 
Big Windy's Avatar
 
Drives: audi s4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: seatac, wa

Posts: 5,118
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawjizams View Post
I called my dealer to see if my order was going to have the new idrive. He said for now from what he knows is the 328i and 335i's will have the new idrive. He informed me that they have not received a release date on when the M's will receive the new upgrade. So far i'm crossing my fingers as of now
call BMWNA...or read above. i think you're good.
Big Windy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2008, 03:31 PM   #149
reinaldo335
First Lieutenant
 
reinaldo335's Avatar
 
Drives: m3 ZCP 6MT, on order 09 m3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: puerto rico

Posts: 351
iTrader: (0)

BMW M3, M5 & M6 Models Receive iDrive for 2009

found this:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080730....drive-for-2009
reinaldo335 is offline   Puerto Rico
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2008, 10:16 AM   #150
TLud
Colonel
 
TLud's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,280
iTrader: (3)

As some of you may already know, I attempted to call BMW-Werk Regensburg (the facility where our cars are actually made) last week to see anyone there could confirm whether the new iDrive is going to be in all '09 M3s.

I wasn't able to get an answer out of anyone, so on Friday I wrote the following email to BMW Werk Regensburg through their website:

"Ich möchte wissen, ob der 2009 E92 M3 das neue iDrive hat. Können Sie bitte bestätigen? Vielen dank."

"I would like to know whether the 2009 E92 M3 has the new iDrive. Can you please confirm. Thank you."

This morning, I received the following response:

"Sehr geehrter Herr ______,

Vielen Dank für Ihr Interesse an unseren Produkten. Wir freuen uns, Ihnen mitteilen zu können, dass Ihre Informationen korrekt sind. Der neue M3 wird mit iDrive ausgestattet sein.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Regensburg,

Lisa ________"


"Dear Mr. ______,

Thank you for your interest in our products. We are please to be able to communicate to you that your information is correct. The new M3 will be equipped with iDrive.

Regards from Regensburg,

Lisa _______"


I'm sure that many will wait until they see the new iDrive on a US spec vehicle or it is published on BMW's website, but this is official enough for me, and enough to make me confident that my car will have it.
TLud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2008, 10:22 AM   #151
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
 
Voltigeur's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: TX

Posts: 2,519
iTrader: (0)

I think this is settled: Looking forward to '09!
__________________

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Voltigeur is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2008, 10:25 AM   #152
mkoesel
Moderator
 
Drives: 2015 Felt IA2
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

Posts: 13,634
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
I'm sure that many will wait until they see the new iDrive on a US spec vehicle or it is published on BMW's website, but this is official enough for me, and enough to make me confident that my car will have it.
I am convinced too.

To settle your bet with PencilGeek tho, you'll probably have to wait until the cars are in owners' hands.
__________________
-
mkoesel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2008, 10:34 AM   #153
TLud
Colonel
 
TLud's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,280
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I am convinced too.

To settle your bet with PencilGeek tho, you'll probably have to wait until the cars are in owners' hands.
Exactly. I don't expect the bet to be settled until someone has some visual proof of an '09 E92 with the new iDrive in it, but for my own personal convictions (much more important since I have a car on order), the info I posted is sufficient.
TLud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2008, 11:36 AM   #154
Dr. T
Private
 
Dr. T's Avatar
 
Drives: 996TT
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bothell, WA

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 E93 M3  [0.00]
2004 FX35  [0.00]
2006 Tundra  [0.00]
2003 996TT  [0.00]
2002 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
As some of you may already know, I attempted to call BMW-Werk Regensburg (the facility where our cars are actually made) last week to see anyone there could confirm whether the new iDrive is going to be in all '09 M3s.

I wasn't able to get an answer out of anyone, so on Friday I wrote the following email to BMW Werk Regensburg through their website:

"Ich möchte wissen, ob der 2009 E92 M3 das neue iDrive hat. Können Sie bitte bestätigen? Vielen dank."

"I would like to know whether the 2009 E92 M3 has the new iDrive. Can you please confirm. Thank you."

This morning, I received the following response:

"Sehr geehrter Herr ______,

Vielen Dank für Ihr Interesse an unseren Produkten. Wir freuen uns, Ihnen mitteilen zu können, dass Ihre Informationen korrekt sind. Der neue M3 wird mit iDrive ausgestattet sein.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Regensburg,

Lisa ________"


"Dear Mr. ______,

Thank you for your interest in our products. We are please to be able to communicate to you that your information is correct. The new M3 will be equipped with iDrive.

Regards from Regensburg,

Lisa _______"


I'm sure that many will wait until they see the new iDrive on a US spec vehicle or it is published on BMW's website, but this is official enough for me, and enough to make me confident that my car will have it.
Oh no.......she didn't say new iDrive
__________________
2009 E93 M3
2003 996TT
2002 S2000
2006 Tundra
2004 FX35
Dr. T is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST