BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-05-2008, 04:59 AM   #1
bimmerj
Lieutenant
Canada
8
Rep
472
Posts

 
Drives: cars
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

M3 vs C63

Hope this is not a repost

http://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255455
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 05:50 PM   #2
ybbiz34
Moderator
ybbiz34's Avatar
181
Rep
4,714
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Walked hard from a roll. Probably a closer matchup with an E90 M3, the 'vert is quite heavy.

__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 03:21 AM   #3
AMJ_77
Captain
AMJ_77's Avatar
Canada
10
Rep
667
Posts

 
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton

iTrader: (2)

Saw a c63 for the first time in person yesterday, never thought I would see one in this neck of the woods. Found it very blah to look at and really did not like the interior but those are some sweet seats and it has one hell of a rumble to it. Still happy with my choice of the M over the C63 AMG. I still needed the three peddles, maybe when I cave to these "not real automatic" cars I will drive with the rest of the push the peddle and hold on to the steering wheel crowd. Till then 6MT FTW! (sorry for the MT push, I am sure I will grow out of it as I get older, haha)
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 10:40 AM   #4
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
160
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
I'm guessing that in the rolling start part of the race the M3 hit the limiter in that first shift because of the way the C63 seemed to jump ahead at that point. Here's this issue of lag or misjudgement coming into play once more.

You notice when the driver is taken out of the loop (LC requires no shifting from the driver) that this much heavier M3 got very close to matching the C63. Now I want to see a re-match against a E92 to see who is the victor.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 11:04 AM   #5
bimmerj
Lieutenant
Canada
8
Rep
472
Posts

 
Drives: cars
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I'm guessing that in the rolling start part of the race the M3 hit the limiter in that first shift because of the way the C63 seemed to jump ahead at that point. Here's this issue of lag or misjudgement coming into play once more.

You notice when the driver is taken out of the loop (LC requires no shifting from the driver) that this much heavier M3 got very close to matching the C63. Now I want to see a re-match against a E92 to see who is the victor.
He mentioned on the MBboard that he lost against an M3 coupe, which was modified.

George
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2008, 02:50 AM   #6
Jammin Jason
We run LA
Jammin Jason's Avatar
Ras al-Khaimah
15
Rep
352
Posts

 
Drives: Slow E90
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
06 E90  [0.00]
straight line performance = c63
on the track = m3
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 11:00 AM   #7
stockwizard
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

 
Drives: Lexus
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Test drove both,
Put a deposit on the C63.
IMO Looks way better inside and out, and so much more powerful around the city. Alot more fun to drive. Torque is unreal.
If I wanted a track car I would buy a Porsche GT.
C63 is a superior car IMO
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 11:34 AM   #8
ihyln
Banned
United_States
44
Rep
3,385
Posts

 
Drives: M3post sucks
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: M3post sucks

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ihyln
I beg to differ, aside from some chrome bits and a quad exhaust it looks just like a C300. Same interior too, crappy ride, no LSD (although coming for 2009 with an even harsher ride). MBs style doesn't provoke emotions of "omg I want to drive it". And I seriously thought about buying this car because it was a bit more powerful than the M. But at the end of the day the C63 doesn't stack up to the M in all categories.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 11:45 AM   #9
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
I beg to differ, aside from some chrome bits and a quad exhaust it looks just like a C300. Same interior too, crappy ride, no LSD (although coming for 2009 with an even harsher ride). MBs style doesn't provoke emotions of "omg I want to drive it". And I seriously thought about buying this car because it was a bit more powerful than the M. But at the end of the day the C63 doesn't stack up to the M in all categories.
+1, you
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 12:10 PM   #10
stockwizard
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

 
Drives: Lexus
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
I beg to differ, aside from some chrome bits and a quad exhaust it looks just like a C300. Same interior too, crappy ride, no LSD (although coming for 2009 with an even harsher ride). MBs style doesn't provoke emotions of "omg I want to drive it". And I seriously thought about buying this car because it was a bit more powerful than the M. But at the end of the day the C63 doesn't stack up to the M in all categories.
Compare the M3 sedan to the C63. There is no comparison, Merc is a way better looking car.

Have you test driven the C63? Like I said, M3 engineers messed up by not giving it enough torque.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 12:42 PM   #11
RandyB
Lieutenant Colonel
RandyB's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
1,504
Posts

 
Drives: '03 330i, '09 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwizard View Post
Like I said, M3 engineers messed up...
Stopped reading right there.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #12
stockwizard
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

 
Drives: Lexus
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Hey.. The m3 is still a great car.

I just prefer what the C63 brings to the table after having driven both.

It also suits my style more. More blingy.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #13
hkwallace328
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
252
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, X5 4.8I
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Vancouver B.C.

iTrader: (0)

I hate how benz just stuff the same engine in every single AMG car....
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 01:04 PM   #14
stockwizard
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

 
Drives: Lexus
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkwallace328 View Post
I hate how benz just stuff the same engine in every single AMG car....
That's another reason why this car is so great.

You can tune it very easily to over 500 hp if you so desire.

You basically get the same engine that is in cars that cost around 200k.

Very attractive indeed.

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/sh...n&pageNumber=1

Last edited by stockwizard; 08-10-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 01:55 PM   #15
TLud
Colonel
TLud's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
2,280
Posts

 
Drives: '12 Golf R
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwizard View Post
Compare the M3 sedan to the C63. There is no comparison, Merc is a way better looking car.
Subjective. I'm not an M3 fanboy, and there are better looking cars than the M3, but the C63 is not one of them. The C63 looks like MB was trying way too hard, which makes the people who drive them look like they're trying way too hard. I did not want to be one of those people. Again, however, very subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwizard
Have you test driven the C63? Like I said, M3 engineers messed up by not giving it enough torque.
The M3 has plenty of torque, and even better, it's very manageable power, both around town and on the track. MB messed up by putting that much torque in a RWD car with no LSD and trying to compensate for this mistake by giving it an overly intrusive ESC. This just wouldn't work on the frequently wet roads where I live.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 02:34 PM   #16
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
609
Rep
6,748
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Funny how we always try to convince other of our choice.

Both are arguably remarkable cars. C63 isn't available with MT, so it's no option for some and hence not for me.


Best regards, south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #17
stockwizard
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

 
Drives: Lexus
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
Subjective. I'm not an M3 fanboy, and there are better looking cars than the M3, but the C63 is not one of them. The C63 looks like MB was trying way too hard, which makes the people who drive them look like they're trying way too hard. I did not want to be one of those people. Again, however, very subjective.



The M3 has plenty of torque, and even better, it's very manageable power, both around town and on the track. MB messed up by putting that much torque in a RWD car with no LSD and trying to compensate for this mistake by giving it an overly intrusive ESC. This just wouldn't work on the frequently wet roads where I live.
Merc comes with LSD as an Option with the Performance Package.

I have heard the c63 looks like it is trying too hard, and others say it looks just like a c300? Fact of the matter is IMO it looks much nice than the M3 sedan. The interiors aren't even comparable.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 05:49 PM   #18
ihyln
Banned
United_States
44
Rep
3,385
Posts

 
Drives: M3post sucks
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: M3post sucks

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ihyln
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwizard View Post
Merc comes with LSD as an Option with the Performance Package.

I have heard the c63 looks like it is trying too hard, and others say it looks just like a c300? Fact of the matter is IMO it looks much nice than the M3 sedan. The interiors aren't even comparable.
I don't believe that you said you've driven both and still give the nod to MB. Ms leather is nicer than the base 3 and nicer than the MB. It's soft and grippy without being lumpy or hard.

If you have really driven both you'd know that the M has a more comfortable ride with EDC than the MB. If you think you can live with the MB's ride now just wait till you see how much worse it will get with the LSD.

You are deluding yourself if you think that the C63 doesn't look like a C300. There are very few exterior cues to say "I'm a C63". Aside from the AMG badge and quad exhausts, anyone looking at it from the front or the side won't know the difference. Good if you want a sleeper, I did actually but it didn't set itself apart from the C300 enough to warrant my money. That includes interior and exterior.

Final nail in the coffin is MBs reliability, it's gotten better, but not $70k better.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 06:38 PM   #19
stockwizard
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

 
Drives: Lexus
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

iTrader: (0)

I have driven both! C63 stands out way more than the M3 Sedan!!!

Now I have people on here saying the M3 interior is nicer? lol
The seats in the C63 are totally different that the c300 and way better than the m. Everyone knows this.

As far as the ride being stiff, it depends what you are used to. To me it didn't feel that harsh really.

The engine sound is better as well. The only thing the M is better at is if you are tracking it consistently and it is a little smoother ride.

Some of you are way too biased. If you guys took the time to drive the car, most would agree with me.

A 335 EVEN HAS MORE TORQUE THAN A M3!!!!. EMBARRASSING. CAN"T IMAGINE A C300 HAVING MORE TORQUE THAN C63!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 07:00 PM   #20
Krueger///M3
Major
Krueger///M3's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
1,401
Posts

 
Drives: 2003 HPF 2.5, 2008 M3 (Sold)
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pearl District, OR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2002 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwizard View Post
I have driven both! C63 stands out way more than the M3 Sedan!!!

Now I have people on here saying the M3 interior is nicer? lol
The seats in the C63 are totally different that the c300 and way better than the m. Everyone knows this.

As far as the ride being stiff, it depends what you are used to. To me it didn't feel that harsh really.

The engine sound is better as well. The only thing the M is better at is if you are tracking it consistently and it is a little smoother ride.

Some of you are way too biased. If you guys took the time to drive the car, most would agree with me.

A 335 EVEN HAS MORE TORQUE THAN A M3!!!!. EMBARRASSING. CAN"T IMAGINE A C300 HAVING MORE TORQUE THAN C63!!!!!!!!
I do like the C63, but...

C63 sound= Mustang+Corvette, etc.

M3 sound= F1
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 07:13 PM   #21
xsilvor
Captain
xsilvor's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
876
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (2)

This is an argument that will never be won by either side. You are on an M3 forum, and thus will be met with overwhelming support from the M3 fans. Head over to the C63 forums and it will be just the opposite.

C63 or M3, it's really up to your preference. Like South said, they are both AMAZING cars. If you don't like the C63, its because you like the M3 so much, not because there is anything wrong with the Merc.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #22
dilsere2
Private
dilsere2's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
80
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Wilmington, DE

iTrader: (0)

the new m3 is piece of sh**T i test drove the m3 sedan mdct and was not impress... i love the C63 amg. btw m3 compare to my e92 335i coupe was not that much different on the road...
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST