BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
EclipsisNA
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-03-2008, 04:20 PM   #1
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
 
BIGNTASTIE's Avatar
 
Drives: white/red 08 M3, 05 Rangerover
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: queens, NY

Posts: 589
iTrader: (0)

tire protection, resistall, dent protection

How much are you guys paying for those? I think I would need those since road conditions are horrible in nyc, parking spots are tight and people just suck at parking.
BIGNTASTIE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
montreal red
chris
 
montreal red's Avatar
 
Drives: White Boat
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 12,118
iTrader: (31)

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
i dont think the resistall and dent protection actually work... my advice is not to get it... the tire protection on the other hand is worth while in case you bust a tire... i am assuming that by "tire protection" you mean the wheel and tire insurance?

then again, if you plan to get rid of your oem wheels and tires, then you can forget bout getting any tire insurance since it wont cover non oem wheels and tires.
__________________

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
montreal red is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2008, 05:22 PM   #3
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
 
BIGNTASTIE's Avatar
 
Drives: white/red 08 M3, 05 Rangerover
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: queens, NY

Posts: 589
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal jet black View Post
i dont think the resistall and dent protection actually work... my advice is not to get it... the tire protection on the other hand is worth while in case you bust a tire... i am assuming that by "tire protection" you mean the wheel and tire insurance?

then again, if you plan to get rid of your oem wheels and tires, then you can forget bout getting any tire insurance since it wont cover non oem wheels and tires.
yeah the wheel and tire insurance. I'm planning on keeping the 19" rims , how much are people paying for that insurance? is it a set fee ?
BIGNTASTIE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2008, 05:29 PM   #4
Davinhci
Colonel
 
Davinhci's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 M3 E92 & 08 E70 X5 4.8
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 2,464
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNTASTIE View Post
yeah the wheel and tire insurance. I'm planning on keeping the 19" rims , how much are people paying for that insurance? is it a set fee ?
You can buy this when you are signing the paper work for your car. I guess youe dealership set there own price. It can be anywhere from $500-$1200. I paid $500 something. One time charge.
__________________

08 E92 AW M3 | HRE P40 19" | APE Air Filter | BMW Performance Grills | White Side Gills | CF Mirror Covers | BMW Performance Pedals | F1 Pinnacle Tint | V1 Hardwire | Dinan Performance Software | Gintani Exhaust | H&R Sports Springs | RPI Scoops | BMW CF Spoiler | Challenge Diffuser | Lux H8 V3 | LCI Tail Lights |
Davinhci is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2008, 06:31 PM   #5
Bikerjoy
Private
 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: OK

Posts: 95
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNTASTIE View Post
How much are you guys paying for those? I think I would need those since road conditions are horrible in nyc, parking spots are tight and people just suck at parking.
Premium protection, rims, tires any road hazard except curbs. Any flat will not be plugged but full tire replacement since they are high performance tires. 412 dollars for 2 years. Likely to pay off big time for me since I work at a construction site. Picked up 2 nails already in the last 4 months. 19" BTW.
__________________
2008 M3, Jerez Black, Premium Package, Technology Package, Moon Roof, Heated Seats, iPod adapter, SAT radio, Enhanced Premium Sound.
Bikerjoy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST