BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

BPM Sport

08-08-2008, 09:17 PM   #89
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
I am not cynical at all. I see Obama for what he is, an empty suit who plays the race card. The fact that it worked for a portion of the democrat primary electorate says more about them than me. There is not a reputable national poll that shows Obama as the front runner. They are all within the margin of error at a time when the democrat nominee should be walking away with the election. The fact that Obama is not says a lot about the doubts that a majority of Americans have with him.
You say you're not cynical and yet you insist you're right and everyone who disagrees with you is wrong. According to you all the polls showing Obama leading are wrong. All the Democrats who voted for Obama in the Primary are wrong. You prove my point that you are unable to be objective about anything concerning Barack Obama.

Quote:
You cut and pasted a long list of alleged accomplishments of which 2/3 were not accomplishments at all. For the record, co-sponsorship and taking a role in are not indicative of acheivement either.
I completely disagree. Co-sponsoring or taking a role in something that proves to be successful can certainly be considered a collaborative acheivement.

Quote:
I have no problem acknowledging the credibility or accomplishments of those I disagree with politically. It is simply that Sen Obama has a decided lack of either. I disagree with Sen Kennedy, Sen Feinstein, Rep Rangel, Sen Lieberman, Al Gore, Bill Clinton and a host of others but there is no question that they are or have been effective legislators or executives.
Your examples of others you consider to be credible and accomplished are admirable, but does not disprove the credibility and accomplishments of Barack Obama. Perhaps you just have a problem with acknowldeging the credibility and accomplishments of those you don't like. It's clear you don't like Obama even though he is undeniably a credible and accomplished man.

Quote:
You have allowed yourself to be blinded to Obama's lack of experience by his charisma.
Your lack of experience argument is simply your opinion. At least you do admit the man has charisma.

Quote:
Smart not getting in a fight you cannot win.
Where were you back in 2003? George Bush and Dick Cheney could have used your advice back then.

Quote:
When have we ever seen Obama under pressure?
My point exactly.

Quote:
So a person with 20 years of sales experience is not objectively more qualified than a person with 20 days of sales experience for a job that requires sales experience?
No not necessarily. Experience is not always best measured in years. To use your own example, a salesperson with 20 days experience can often outperform a salesperson with 20 years experience. It's often the case that someone who's been doing the same thing for many years is not open or able to adapt to new ideas and new ways of doing things which may bring more successful results.
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
      08-08-2008, 10:04 PM   #90
kojikoji
Koji v. el Coyote

Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
If Obama were white, he would not even be in the race. He completely lacks any of the experience that would normally qualifies a candidate for the presidency. By this point, a young white guy with the same amount of experience and who has made the number and type of verbal gaffes as Obama has would have been laughed off the national scene.
did you forget about bush? he certainly didn't have any verbal gaffes! and he definitely had a lot of political / military experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrows25 View Post
I was included on a mass-email from someone I used to work with, encouraging people not to vote for Obama because she was afraid "my daughter will have to walk the streets wearing a veil if he's elected."

... you should have her fired, because she's obviously really dumb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rips335iCoupe View Post
[b][size="3"]

Following this discredited Marxist model,
i think you missed a few pages?!? haha stupid bitch!
      08-08-2008, 10:13 PM   #91
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
You say you're not cynical and yet you insist you're right and everyone who disagrees with you is wrong. According to you all the polls showing Obama leading are wrong. All the Democrats who voted for Obama in the Primary are wrong. You prove my point that you are unable to be objective about anything concerning Barack Obama.
I did not say anyone or any poll was wrong. I said the voters were deceived by empty rhetoric and the polls are all within the margin of error. I have given you objective objections to Obma and you have responded with subjective defenses like personality and charisma.

Quote:
I completely disagree. Co-sponsoring or taking a role in something that proves to be successful can certainly be considered a collaborative acheivement.
Actually it means you can tag along while others do the actual work.

Effective legislators legislate. Obama has made it a point on the campaign trail to insist that the war in Afghanistan deserves more attention than it has been receiving. Fortunately, he is in a position as the chairman of the subcommittee that has oversight responsibility for NATO which commands the forces in that theater. So how many hearings has the chairman called to give the war the attention he says it deserves? Zero.

Quote:
Your examples of others you consider to be credible and accomplished are admirable, but does not disprove the credibility and accomplishments of Barack Obama. Perhaps you just have a problem with acknowldeging the credibility and accomplishments of those you don't like. It's clear you don't like Obama even though he is undeniably a credible and accomplished man.
The examples disprove your assertion that I am, "unable to allow (my)self to acknowledge the credibility, accomplishments and appeal of a man who (I) may not agree with politically."

Actually I do not like Al Gore or Ted Kennedy for a variety of reasons but I can still acknowledge their accomplishments.

Maybe the most simple answer is the correct one, Obama is neither accomplished nor credible.

I think Hillary Clinton said it best, "I know Senator McCain has a lifetime of experience that he will bring to the White House and Senator Obama has a speech that he gave in 2002."

Quote:
Where were you back in 2003? George Bush and Dick Cheney could have used your advice back then.
??

Quote:
My point exactly.
You claim Obama has shown himself to be cool under pressure but you admit you have never seen him under pressure?

Quote:
No not necessarily. Experience is not always best measured in years. To use your own example, a salesperson with 20 days experience can often outperform a salesperson with 20 years experience. It's often the case that someone who's been doing the same thing for many years is not open or able to adapt to new ideas and new ways of doing things which may bring more successful results.
Experience is measured in time. Time is necessary component of experience by definition.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
      08-09-2008, 07:32 AM   #92
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojikoji View Post
did you forget about bush? he certainly didn't have any verbal gaffes! and he definitely had a lot of political / military experience!
Bush was in his second term as the governor of the second largest state in the union. What gaffes in the 2000 election are you referring to?

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
      08-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #93
kojikoji
Koji v. el Coyote

Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Bush was in his second term as the governor of the second largest state in the union. What gaffes in the 2000 election are you referring to?
haha you are obviously a stupid racist bitch~!

bush was always in the news for his inability to articulate himself, and i see you dodged the issue of bush's dubious national guard track record! not to mention that bush only became governor of texas after losing a run for the House and deciding to start up an oil company because that's all he could do...

oh yeah, and he's oil company failed too!

haha you are so dumb!
      08-10-2008, 07:40 AM   #94
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:

bush was always in the news for his inability to articulate himself, and i see you dodged the issue of bush's dubious national guard track record! not to mention that bush only became governor of texas after losing a run for the House and deciding to start up an oil company because that's all he could do...

haha you are so dumb!
Hey! be nice to Neil...he's not dumb, his software upgrade is just 10 years late...
He's been brainwashed and programmed for 20+ years -- cannot change that so quickly....
      08-11-2008, 12:36 AM   #95
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD

Drives: 2006 E90

Why does race matter -------

The U.S. Basketball team is all-black...........and I don't hear anyone complaining.

Imagine an all-white U.S. basketball team...............

Is it possible to assemble such a team......
      08-16-2008, 02:14 PM   #96
ska325xi
Major General

Drives: 325XI

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
this is why no one watches B-ball anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
Why does race matter -------

The U.S. Basketball team is all-black...........and I don't hear anyone complaining.

Imagine an all-white U.S. basketball team...............

Is it possible to assemble such a team......
ska325xi is offline   Hong Kong
      08-16-2008, 02:29 PM   #97
Rips335iCoupe
Banned

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Obamanomics Flunks The Test

Election '08: Barack Obama the lawyer-organizer could use a crash course in economics. His economic plan's assumptions, based on long-discredited Marxist theories, are wildly wrongheaded.

In arguing for a heavier mix of government, he assumes that capitalism unfairly favors the rich, almost exclusively so, and fails to spread prosperity.

"The rich in America have little to complain about," he carps. "The distribution of wealth is skewed, and levels of inequality are now higher than at any time since the Gilded Age."

Obama cites data showing a yawning gap between the income of the average worker and the wealthiest 1%. He thinks it's government's job to step in and close it "for purposes of fairness" by soaking the rich, among other leftist nostrums.

"Between 1971 and 2001," he complains, "while the median wage and salary income of the average worker showed literally no gain, the income of the top hundredth of a percent went up almost 500%."

But such a snapshot comparison would be meaningful only if America were a caste society, in which the people making up one income group remained static over time.
Of course that's not the case. The composition of the rich and poor in this country is in constant flux, as the income distribution changes dramatically over relatively short periods. Few are "stuck" in poverty, or have a "lock" on wealth.

Obama would discover this if only he'd put down his class-warfare manuals and look closely at the IRS' own data.
Take those megarich he vilifies the top hundredth of a percent. According to a recent Treasury study, three-fourths of them in 1996 fell out of the group by 2005.
Meanwhile, more than half of those in the bottom income group in 1996 moved to a higher income group by 2005, with more than 5% leapfrogging to the richest quintile.
(It's no fluke: The same high degree of income mobility is seen in prior comparable periods, as well.)

Some poor moved up through personal effort, while many rode an expanding economy. Real median incomes of all taxpayers rose 24%, but the poor registered the biggest gains of all.

President Kennedy understood that a growing economy is like a rising tide that "lifts all boats." Obama, on the other hand, thinks some are lifted and others lowered, as if the economy were a system of locks operated by a cabal of evil capitalists.

He also fails to understand how taxes change behavior. He thinks raising taxes on the most productive members of society won't "curb incentives to work or invest." Even TV news anchor Charlie Gibson knows better.

During a primary debate, the ABC host took Obama to task for proposing a doubling in the capital gains tax. History shows, he pointed out, that raising the cap gains rate actually ends up costing the government revenues.
Obama just didn't get it. "Well, Charlie," he argued, "what I've said is that I would look at raising the capital gains tax for purposes of fairness."

Forget growth and revenues. Let's just punish those "greedy" investors. It's the same Marxist reasoning behind his plan to repeal the Bush tax cuts: The rich must be made to pay their "fair" share, Obama asserts.

Never mind that the top 1% of taxpayers already pay 38% of the total tax burden, according to recent IRS data, while the bottom 50% bear just 3% of the load.

Obama's economic plan also calls for mandating a "living wage." He plans to saddle retailers with a $10 minimum wage indexed to inflation, along with a mandate to provide seven days of paid sick leave to workers.

Obama assumes business owners will just eat the added costs.

But restaurants, the nation's second-largest private-sector employer, already operate on razor-thin profit margins. Faced with such mandatory paid benefits, they'll have no choice but to cut staff.

In fact, the last major minimum-wage increase cost the restaurant industry more than 146,000 jobs, the National Restaurant Association says, while restaurant owners put off plans to hire an additional 106,000 employees.

So Obama would get his wage-and-benefits mandate, but lose jobs in an industry that employs the very minorities Obama claims he's trying to help.

"If restaurateurs had their way, every lawmaker would run a small business before starting to legislate," the industry opined in a recent press release.

Lawmakers aren't the only ones. Leftist presidential candidates also could benefit from such a mandate.
      08-19-2008, 09:32 AM   #98
alms21
Captain

Drives: '10 GT-R

Quote:

haha you are so dumb!
Oh the irony
alms21 is offline   United_States
      08-19-2008, 06:13 PM   #99
StrifeM3
Colonel

Drives: 2013 MCB E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to StrifeM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ska View Post