BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-03-2008, 10:54 PM   #45
ganeil
Colonel
 
ganeil's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Georgia

Posts: 2,050
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaE92 View Post
However, if you believe a non-white president is unfit for the role then so be it, just be prepared to elaborate.
How about if you just believe the current non-white candidate is unfit for the role?
__________________
_____________

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2008, 12:22 AM   #46
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
 
Drives: 08' 328i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 90036

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Mostly because every time Obama is criticized or poked fun at he screams, "Racist."
false.
Los Angeles is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2008, 12:24 AM   #47
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
 
Drives: 08' 328i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 90036

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska View Post
I'm not racist, but a non-white President in the USA will fail..
..because the color of your skin qualifies you for the job.
Los Angeles is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2008, 06:51 AM   #48
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
How about if you just believe the current non-white candidate is unfit for the role?
and how is the other one fit?
dr335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #49
bolinp78
G35 convertee
 
bolinp78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

Posts: 1,007
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
and how is the other one fit?
See this is your problem, you don't ever directly answer this question either, you use the "George Bush ruined this country for the last 8 years" basis. And you say that Obama will change that. Why, because he's a democrat?
__________________
bolinp78 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2008, 12:17 PM   #50
StrifeM3
Colonel
 
StrifeM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 MCB E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Walnut/Placentia

Posts: 2,802
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to StrifeM3
The goverment is just a butch of pimps...lol i hate politics cause if u say obama its cause u want change and if go with mccain who looks like he could die anyday...same shit for the next 4 years...honestly Bush should of been impeached about lieing about the war but then again most people only care when it comes to color lines and them lieing about it. thats exactly why other country's hate us cause we try to flex are balls all the time..@#@# bush @#@# the people who cant see him and his administration for who they are...
StrifeM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2008, 02:01 PM   #51
ganeil
Colonel
 
ganeil's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Georgia

Posts: 2,050
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife 335I 2008 View Post
The goverment is just a butch of pimps...lol i hate politics cause if u say obama its cause u want change and if go with mccain who looks like he could die anyday...same shit for the next 4 years...honestly Bush should of been impeached about lieing about the war but then again most people only care when it comes to color lines and them lieing about it. thats exactly why other country's hate us cause we try to flex are balls all the time..@#@# bush @#@# the people who cant see him and his administration for who they are...
Thank you for your informed and insightful commentary. Now please head back to class as recess is over.
__________________
_____________

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2008, 02:05 PM   #52
bolinp78
G35 convertee
 
bolinp78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

Posts: 1,007
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife 335I 2008 View Post
The goverment is just a butch of pimps...lol i hate politics cause if u say obama its cause u want change and if go with mccain who looks like he could die anyday...same shit for the next 4 years...honestly Bush should of been impeached about lieing about the war but then again most people only care when it comes to color lines and them lieing about it. thats exactly why other country's hate us cause we try to flex are balls all the time..@#@# bush @#@# the people who cant see him and his administration for who they are...
It's a shame in itself that people like you are allowed to even vote..

If you even know how..?
__________________
bolinp78 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2008, 05:16 PM   #53
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
See this is your problem, you don't ever directly answer this question either, you use the "George Bush ruined this country for the last 8 years" basis. And you say that Obama will change that. Why, because he's a democrat?
How do you get all that from my one line post???
your way of thinking is extremely flawed. I have not said that Obama is fit or not, I asked how's and why the other one is?

Get your logic re-examined, then come back here and post without embarrasing yourself...
dr335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2008, 05:34 PM   #54
Scarecrows25
Private First Class
 
Scarecrows25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E90 - Jet Black
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 191
iTrader: (1)

Race matters to the uninformed. And it's not just because he's black. I was included on a mass-email from someone I used to work with, encouraging people not to vote for Obama because she was afraid "my daughter will have to walk the streets wearing a veil if he's elected."

__________________
Scarecrows25
Jet Black E90 328i / 6MT / Sport / Xenons / Split Fold Rear Seat / OEM Chrome Exhaust Tips
Scarecrows25 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2008, 05:37 PM   #55
bolinp78
G35 convertee
 
bolinp78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

Posts: 1,007
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
How do you get all that from my one line post???
your way of thinking is extremely flawed. I have not said that Obama is fit or not, I asked how's and why the other one is?

Get your logic re-examined, then come back here and post without embarrasing yourself...
Plenty of your previous posts back it up.
__________________
bolinp78 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2008, 05:51 PM   #56
!Xoible
Banned
 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
See this is your problem, you don't ever directly answer this question either, you use the "George Bush ruined this country for the last 8 years" basis. And you say that Obama will change that. Why, because he's a democrat?
have u seen when Obama went to Europe last week? he was really celebrated as if he were a hero. i was watching it on TV and someone was wondering what he did to deserve all that. the answer was simply "because he's not george bush". all you have to do right now to be a successful president is not be george bush. mccain fails at that.
!Xoible is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #57
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
Plenty of your previous posts back it up.
My posts in other threads have nothing to do with this post and a simple question...
Again -- your logic is simply wrong...

And don't reply to my post if I did not state something or asked you directly something. There was absolutely no reason for you to reply to my post, especially with the line that has nothing to do with what I said/asked.
dr335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2008, 06:03 PM   #58
scottwww
Brigadier General
 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
have u seen when Obama went to Europe last week? he was really celebrated as if he were a hero. i was watching it on TV and someone was wondering what he did to deserve all that. the answer was simply "because he's not george bush". all you have to do right now to be a successful president is not be george bush. mccain fails at that.
Vote for Chuck Baldwin. He is not George Bush.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2008, 06:05 PM   #59
!Xoible
Banned
 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Vote for Chuck Baldwin. He is not George Bush.
i wanted to vote for Spool, but he aint runnin'
!Xoible is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2008, 06:59 PM   #60
scottwww
Brigadier General
 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
i wanted to vote for Spool, but he aint runnin'
Chuck Baldwin is running for President.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2008, 02:22 AM   #61
BayAreaE92
First Lieutenant
 
BayAreaE92's Avatar
 
Drives: 91' 850i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oakland, CA

Posts: 373
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1991 850i  [0.00]
2007 328i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
i wanted to vote for Spool, but he aint runnin'


http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121400

This post by Spool was all he needed to get my vote
BayAreaE92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-05-2008, 08:18 PM   #62
E82tt6
Colonel
 
E82tt6's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 2,629
iTrader: (0)

Race matters because most people are at least a little bigoted. McCain would be stupid to not try to subtly use that to his advantage.
__________________
'08 Black Saphire/Black Z4 M Coupe
RIP Gretta: Blue Water/Lemon 135i. Died to save me.
-ChuckV
E82tt6 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2008, 11:57 AM   #63
StrifeM3
Colonel
 
StrifeM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 MCB E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Walnut/Placentia

Posts: 2,802
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to StrifeM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
It's a shame in itself that people like you are allowed to even vote..

If you even know how..?

lol u got issues and I'm not about to entertain you...
StrifeM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2008, 01:31 PM   #64
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
It's a shame in itself that people like you are allowed to even vote..

If you even know how..?
the only shame is to be one of those who voted for the same guy in 2000 and 2004...
dr335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2008, 01:59 PM   #65
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
 
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Boston

Posts: 1,313
iTrader: (-1)

Send a message via AIM to Dubbedoutbimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
i thought he was muslim................
no offence to any one here but I believe him to be muslim also and that is the biggest reason among many I will not vote for him I just dont feel at ease with some one of that decent running my country! I could honestly careless about skin color
Dubbedoutbimmer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2008, 02:12 PM   #66
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
 
lyndon_h's Avatar
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Madagascar

Posts: 1,920
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post
Race matters because most people are at least a little bigoted. McCain would be stupid to not try to subtly use that to his advantage.
Thank you. The fact of the matter is that the injecting race in the campaign is a much bigger advantage to McCain than Obama. Politics is a game, plain and simple. Obama calling out some members of the Republican machine for "reminding" everyone that he's "so different" was a smart move in that it will draw greater attention the next time someone similar. If this campaign becomes mostly about race, Obama will lose bigtime. His campaign knows it and so does the McCain campaign. Therefore, I expect surrogates of the McCain campaign to push this subject (delicately), and the Obama campaign to try to avoid it.

On a slightly different note, I find it curious how some of you think that race actually helps Obama. Obama's historic campaign is nice for headlines, but the subject of race alienates more people than it energizes. If Obama were white, he would be destroying McCain in the poles. McCain is really a poor candidate. He was much more impressive in 2000. Its really ashame how fall he's fallen. I really used to like and respect the guy.

sorry for the rambling... I'm at work and i'm trying not to get too distracted
lyndon_h is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST