BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

08-02-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
enfield
Civilian
Canada
Rep

Drives: Jaguar F-Type V8 S

US Border Guards can take your electronics without probably cause!

Did you guys know that the Department of Fatherland Security - I mean Homeland Security can take your electronics without probable cause - on a whim? This applies to US Citizens too.

Here is the Washington Post article....
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...103030_pf.html

What would American Patriots be saying if China did that?

Another reason, as if I needed one, not to not visit the US. I hope the US regains it's sanity soon.... The US used to be a great place once upon a time.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 10:09 AM   #2
sizquik
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 997.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfield View Post
Did you guys know that the Department of Fatherland Security - I mean Homeland Security can take your electronics without probable cause - on a whim? This applies to US Citizens too.

Here is the Washington Post article....
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...103030_pf.html

What would American Patriots be saying if China did that?

Another reason, as if I needed one, not to not visit the US. I hope the US regains it's sanity soon.... The US used to be a great place once upon a time.
Times they are a changing. 10 years from now, America will be a different place.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 10:55 AM   #3
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Some Mazda junk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizquik View Post
Times they are a changing. 10 years from now, America will be a different place.
it is very different from 15 years ago.
Unfortunately, other change positive way, we go the opposite way in most categories...
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
NoKids
Major
Rep

Drives: ...

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
i heard about this on cbc website. the US has become a corporation run police state. it's a terrible price to pay for a false sense of security.
      08-02-2008, 02:17 PM   #5
Rips335iCoupe
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
I can't see what you are saying .... since, you are on my ignore list.... but it's more likely you are from 'The Great White Crapper North', so I just have to say ..... please, stay where you are!!

I guess I would be bitter too if I couldn't win the Stanley Cup, and my best hockey player now lives in AZ.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 04:29 PM   #6
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 328i Coupe

This is nothing new. The government has always had the ability to search persons and papers crossing the border. The Supreme Court has stated that:
The authority of the United States to search the baggage of arriving international travelers is based on its inherent sovereign authority to protect its territorial integrity. By reason of that authority, it is entitled to require that whoever seeks entry must establish the right to enter and to bring into the country whatever he may carry.
Torres v. Puerto Rico, 442 U.S. 465, 472-73 (1979)

Every nation I have ever traveled to (including Canada) has maintained the authority to the same.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #7
ArtPE
Banned
Rep

Drives: e46 M3

shyte, they want to make us safer start collecting all the guns from US citizens...
keys fro drinkers
and a few medical licenses

victims of terrorism in the US for the last 10 years...3000

victims of America's mental health issues inflicted on each other in the last 10 years...200k
dui deaths...100k
medical mistakes...10 mil+

we need to learn to pick our fights better...
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 08:36 PM   #8
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtPE View Post
shyte, they want to make us safer start collecting all the guns from US citizens...
keys fro drinkers
and a few medical licenses

victims of terrorism in the US for the last 10 years...3000

victims of America's mental health issues inflicted on each other in the last 10 years...200k
dui deaths...100k
medical mistakes...10 mil+

we need to learn to pick our fights better...
You just suggested 1 million people die every year due to medical mistakes. That's complete and utter bullshit. Additionally, removing guns from law abiding citizens will do little to prevent criminals from getting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #9
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Some Mazda junk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
You just suggested 1 million people die every year due to medical mistakes. That's complete and utter bullshit. Additionally, removing guns from law abiding citizens will do little to prevent criminals from getting them.
http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sepp...jury_in_us.htm
http://www.healthgrades.com/media/DM...ease072704.pdf
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/mistakes/common.htm

"They are too common. Although exact estimates are difficult to find, it is not surprising that an industry as stretched, complex, and burdened as the medical industry is fraught with errors. Many errors go unreported and tracking their exact prevalence is difficult. Nevertheless, bearing in mind that about 2.5 million deaths occur annually in the USA, here are some of the statistics and death rate estimates from various reports: "

WHy don't you do a little research before TRYING to sound smart... He may have exaggerated a bit (probably meant 1M+), but he's not very much off to call it what you did... And you missed the point of his post...

Medical mistake is a broad term...
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 10:05 PM   #10
ArtPE
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
200k alone in hospital procedures...
twice as many from mis-diagnosis
twice again, mis-medication...

now THAT is some 'utter BS'

I said guns from everyone, not just the law abiding
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 10:06 PM   #11
ArtPE
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfurban View Post
Art PE....the perfect example of a medical mistake!
did your mom have any kids that lived?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 10:08 PM   #12
ArtPE
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sepp...jury_in_us.htm
http://www.healthgrades.com/media/DM...ease072704.pdf
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/mistakes/common.htm

"They are too common. Although exact estimates are difficult to find, it is not surprising that an industry as stretched, complex, and burdened as the medical industry is fraught with errors. Many errors go unreported and tracking their exact prevalence is difficult. Nevertheless, bearing in mind that about 2.5 million deaths occur annually in the USA, here are some of the statistics and death rate estimates from various reports: "

WHy don't you do a little research before TRYING to sound smart... He may have exaggerated a bit (probably meant 1M+), but he's not very much off to call it what you did... And you missed the point of his post...

Medical mistake is a broad term...
The total number of iatrogenic deaths shown in the following table is 783,936. It is evident that the American medical system is the leading cause of death and injury in the United States.

people just keep their heads in the sand...don't they
Appreciate 0