BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-30-2008, 10:36 PM   #45
ganeil
Colonel
ganeil's Avatar
United_States
35
Rep
2,050
Posts

 
Drives: 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
You're in a dream land. Because most of Iraq's military weaponry was of French and Soviet origin does not mean we weren't in bed with Saddam. We did whatever necessary to ensure a victory over Iran in the Iran-Iraq War.

...

I'm done. Shouldn't have come back to this sub forum.
We must simply have a different definition of what constitutes, "being in bed with" because even if I were to accept as true (which I don't) what you have said, it still would not indicate the type of close, operational alliance that I would associate with "being in bed." At most it shows that we shared some dual use technology and took steps to see that Iraq did not lose (not win their war, we wanted a stalemate) its war with Iran. It would be plausible to argue that we were "in bed" with the Shah, or with the UK, or Australia but by no means with Ba'athist Iraq. To maintain the analogy, we were not in bed but at most met for a drink once.
__________________
_____________

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 07:09 AM   #46
dr335is
Brigadier General
54
Rep
4,975
Posts

 
Drives: Some Mazda junk...
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedog_16 View Post
I won't honor dr325i with a rebuttal as his contribution to the thread was preemptively written off. However, since it's topical, I will add the comment of a friend as to why the US is 'hated so badly', according to dr himself. It boils down to this:



And to which I add that a lot of them are pissed off because we already are ahead - and in the eyes of history, we are but a youngster. People love to hate winners and, as such and to use sports analogies, they hate the Patriots, the Yankees, the Lakers, the Canadiens, the Red Wings, etc.; they only like the home team. Instead of self-loathing, I am glad that the winning team is the home team as well; I wouldn't want it any other way. Having a defeatist attitude will only lead to that - defeat.

I will temper my comment with the idea that we cannot become complacent. We must continue to strive to be the best we can be. All too often it seems as though when we are one-upped that we look at it as the beginning of the downfall of the US when, in fact, it's a signal that we need just to try harder.
Obviously you have been outside of your backyard to write stuff like that.
You have no clue how others live and what is out there.
But you believe you find all that out from the news...
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 07:12 AM   #47
dr335is
Brigadier General
54
Rep
4,975
Posts

 
Drives: Some Mazda junk...
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
We must simply have a different definition of what constitutes, "being in bed with" because even if I were to accept as true (which I don't) what you have said, it still would not indicate the type of close, operational alliance that I would associate with "being in bed." At most it shows that we shared some dual use technology and took steps to see that Iraq did not lose (not win their war, we wanted a stalemate) its war with Iran. It would be plausible to argue that we were "in bed" with the Shah, or with the UK, or Australia but by no means with Ba'athist Iraq. To maintain the analogy, we were not in bed but at most met for a drink once.
@ BOBBY_LIGHT,

WHy would you continue this discussion at this point?
It is obvious that the truth for him is only from the Gov't controlled sources -- he's been programmed 20 years ago, brainwashed and thaught things completely opposite from reality. No way to change that. Plus, working as the war profitter adds to it all...
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 08:28 AM   #48
Icedog_16
No Member
Icedog_16's Avatar
4
Rep
428
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335is
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Obviously you have been outside of your backyard to write stuff like that.
You have no clue how others live and what is out there.
But you believe you find all that out from the news...
I really am sorry that you hate yourself and your country. Such a shame.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 09:33 AM   #49
bolinp78
G35 convertee
bolinp78's Avatar
25
Rep
1,007
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedog_16 View Post
I really am sorry that you hate yourself and your country. Such a shame.
An outsider can only hope that this person is not so negative about everything in their life..
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 09:39 AM   #50
Icedog_16
No Member
Icedog_16's Avatar
4
Rep
428
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335is
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
An outsider can only hope that this person is not so negative about everything in their life..
One can only hope...
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 09:44 AM   #51
dr335is
Brigadier General
54
Rep
4,975
Posts

 
Drives: Some Mazda junk...
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedog_16 View Post
I really am sorry that you hate yourself and your country. Such a shame.
WOW -- for you - critisizing the Government policies and arguing that better life is possible (and was just 15 years ago) in the USA means that I hate this country???

Great, another proof that you do not understand the basics of free thinking, speaking and actual love for own country....

Keep on adding to it please...

Actually, it is such a shame and very sad to have about 25% people with views like that still in this country...
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 10:45 AM   #52
Icedog_16
No Member
Icedog_16's Avatar
4
Rep
428
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335is
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
WOW -- for you - critisizing the Government policies and arguing that better life is possible (and was just 15 years ago) in the USA means that I hate this country???

Great, another proof that you do not understand the basics of free thinking, speaking and actual love for own country....

Keep on adding to it please...

Actually, it is such a shame and very sad to have about 25% people with views like that still in this country...
75% of Americans being self-loathers seems high to me; I would have chosen the inverse, perhaps even fewer. It's not a question of being critical of government policies. Your hatred of yourself and your country show through quite clearly in all of your posts. We can only sympathize with your plight.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 11:38 AM   #53
ganeil
Colonel
ganeil's Avatar
United_States
35
Rep
2,050
Posts

 
Drives: 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedog_16 View Post
75% of Americans being self-loathers seems high to me; I would have chosen the inverse, perhaps even fewer. It's not a question of being critical of government policies. Your hatred of yourself and your country show through quite clearly in all of your posts. We can only sympathize with your plight.
You have to understand that the poor man cannot comprehend the concept that here in the US we do not look to the government for our quality of life. He does not understand that he is responsible for the quality of his children's education & their healthcare. That he is responsible for his life & the government is not.
__________________
_____________

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 12:17 PM   #54
dr335is
Brigadier General
54
Rep
4,975
Posts

 
Drives: Some Mazda junk...
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
You have to understand that the poor man cannot comprehend the concept that here in the US we do not look to the government for our quality of life. He does not understand that he is responsible for the quality of his children's education & their healthcare. That he is responsible for his life & the government is not.
Idiot always remains one...I guesss.

That is why every other country but us have different Healthcare and Education systems -- much better/safer than ours...

I think you cannot comprehend that there are other things out there than the USA...

And by the way -- if you want to comment on my posts -- be a man, not a pussy and talk directly to me -- gives very wrong impression about you out here...
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 12:27 PM   #55
dr335is
Brigadier General
54
Rep
4,975
Posts

 
Drives: Some Mazda junk...
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedog_16 View Post
75% of Americans being self-loathers seems high to me; I would have chosen the inverse, perhaps even fewer. It's not a question of being critical of government policies. Your hatred of yourself and your country show through quite clearly in all of your posts. We can only sympathize with your plight.
Ah, so let me get this straight -- you feel sorry for someone for understanding the flaws around and for matching the opinions of, clearly by any poll, at least 75% of Americans and at least 90% of the rest of civilized world.

You feel sorry for someone that is using personal experience to relate to the exactly the same path the USA is moving last 8 years. Someone who came to this country 20-ish years ago with a grand in his pocket and...

You on the other hand have daddy millionaire and the only thing that conccerns you if the next potus will tax you 2, 5, or 7% higher than the current one. You don't give a shit about the regular American person or below average ones that are suffering heavily these days... You don't care that 5000 American kids will not come back from who knows where for who knows what reasons...

Hmmm, yep, please continue feeling sorry for me

BTW, if I were unhappy that you keep claiming in you ridiculous posts, I would have left a long time ago -- I had a chance numerous times. All I said is that I see hope in one candidate and no hope in another. If another wins -- I will revisit my options...

How about you?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 01:53 PM   #56
Icedog_16
No Member
Icedog_16's Avatar
4
Rep
428
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335is
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Ah, so let me get this straight -- you feel sorry for someone for understanding the flaws around and for matching the opinions of, clearly by any poll, at least 75% of Americans and at least 90% of the rest of civilized world.

You feel sorry for someone that is using personal experience to relate to the exactly the same path the USA is moving last 8 years. Someone who came to this country 20-ish years ago with a grand in his pocket and...

You on the other hand have daddy millionaire and the only thing that conccerns you if the next potus will tax you 2, 5, or 7% higher than the current one. You don't give a shit about the regular American person or below average ones that are suffering heavily these days... You don't care that 5000 American kids will not come back from who knows where for who knows what reasons...

Hmmm, yep, please continue feeling sorry for me

BTW, if I were unhappy that you keep claiming in you ridiculous posts, I would have left a long time ago -- I had a chance numerous times. All I said is that I see hope in one candidate and no hope in another. If another wins -- I will revisit my options...

How about you?
As incoherent as ever...

Please show me where you get your stats. I don't personally know anyone who feels remotely as you do. The vitriol and hatred coming from your keyboard far exceed that of pretty much anyone here.

Paint with a broad brush much? You may want to check your facts. I don't have daddy millionaire. You must have me confused with someone else.

And I sure as hell give a $hit about the regular American - I am one! Didn't I say that I fall squarely in the middle class? Comprehension is your friend you might want to meet him. BTW, a grand in your pocket is more than I had when I got kicked out of my house in my late teens - at least you had a choice.

Why, now, would I not be concerned about how much of my money is taken by the government? Perhaps they're your favorite charity, but I'd rather have control over the usage of my money; I can tell you that I'd likely do more with it. And if taxes don't concern you, feel free (there's that word again!) to pay more. Heck, give your entire paycheck to Uncle Sam! Let him distribute your funds as he sees fit.

I'm sure that if I conducted a poll, the vast majority would say you're miserable. Again, I'm sorry that you hate the US; feel free to leave - I'm sure a few people might be willing to chip in and get you a ticket.

BTW, I think that I finally do have some insight as to what makes you tick. IIRC, you were born and raised in Communist Yugoslavia (Serbia), weren't you? As you grew up, you learned to hate Capitalism and the US. You learned to live and love Marxism and Obama gives you the best chance to feel like you're back home. Here are a couple of your posts from another thread that stand in stark contrast to your posts in this thread regarding China and Communism:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28583%2A

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i
First of all, China is not a Communist country...as we think of it. It is very open to the outside world and the businesses are private -- directly against the definition of a Communist Country.

What do you expect from the fastest developing country in (recent) history? Almost 2B people there, the Government is able to support about 20 cities, everything in between is outside of their domain.
I travel on business to China quite often (this year 6 times) and I travel to Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Nanjing, Xian. But even when you drive from Shenzhen to Guangzhou (two-hour drive) you see the reality of China and the life between the big cities.
Actually, Shanghai is a miracle to me -- far ahead of NYC for example. It has between 24 and 28 million people with the surrounding areas. However, if you go about 8 miles outside from the heart of the city you notice the poverty and corruption... But that is very normal for the country of that size, rapid growth and amount of people they have...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tl_boy
i don't think people specifically fault China (its govt.) for the poverty or corruption, as you and I mentioned, that is common in developing countries. However, the Chinese government is particularly bad in covering up a number of horrible things, including gross human rights violations, extremely poor working conditions, etc. Every month for the past several months I have read incidents of various chemical plan explosions, mine collapses, etc. where hundreds of people have lost their lives. That, plus the human rights violations (forced human testing, there was a post on this b4), territorial bullying of Taiwan and Tibet and oppression by the government don't reflect very well on the country. In the struggle to achieve development, developing nations seem to be in a position where they are attempting to balance between the easing of their environmental regulations and labor policies, but they should never lose sight of fundamental human rights, and I think this is where many feel China is lacking compared to other developing nations.
I agree, but again, very normal and common for the country in transition. They are the last gov't that will be able to manipulate the whole nation if the transition is successful.

As for the gov't censoring and not showing what they don't want you to see -- I believe our (US) gov't is the winner in that column.

However, there is nothing easier then to sell the story to the American population -- put it on Fox, CNN, NBC for 2 weeks straight and the majority will accept it -- Clinton did it with Kosovo, Bush has been doing it from the day 1 -- everything he did so far was done after the public was brainwashed first.
Wow!!! Now it all makes sense! I would have had you pegged much sooner but for the fact that I only joined in February. You wax nostalgic about Communism and flagellate the US and what it stands for. From what I can tell, in your eyes nothing would be better than to see the rise and implementation of Communism in the US. I think now we know who the brainwashed one truly is. If you point your finger at someone, remember there are 3 more pointing at you.

I'm done wasting my time with you. I've gotta make my millions!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 01:54 PM   #57
bolinp78
G35 convertee
bolinp78's Avatar
25
Rep
1,007
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Ah, so let me get this straight -- you feel sorry for someone for understanding the flaws around and for matching the opinions of, clearly by any poll, at least 75% of Americans and at least 90% of the rest of civilized world.

You feel sorry for someone that is using personal experience to relate to the exactly the same path the USA is moving last 8 years. Someone who came to this country 20-ish years ago with a grand in his pocket and...

You on the other hand have daddy millionaire and the only thing that conccerns you if the next potus will tax you 2, 5, or 7% higher than the current one. You don't give a shit about the regular American person or below average ones that are suffering heavily these days... You don't care that 5000 American kids will not come back from who knows where for who knows what reasons...

Hmmm, yep, please continue feeling sorry for me

BTW, if I were unhappy that you keep claiming in you ridiculous posts, I would have left a long time ago -- I had a chance numerous times. All I said is that I see hope in one candidate and no hope in another. If another wins -- I will revisit my options...

How about you?

And all you care to do is sit on here and complain about how bad the country is, place blame in the same spot over and over again, and generally contribute deconstructively to any and all discussions. Most people are inherently positive, thank God, and after a while your cynicism gets tiring and disheartening.

Of course, if you were in a position to actually do something about the issues that you so adamantely complain about, the situation would be different. But no, you sit on the sidelines and constantly blame and complain.

And if you were unhappy, you would have never left. In fact, our arguments fuel your desire to continue posting, because it is your goal, whether concious or not, to spread your negativity to everyone. Most inherently pessimistic individuals are like that, and you are no exception.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 05:36 PM   #58
dr335is
Brigadier General
54
Rep
4,975
Posts

 
Drives: Some Mazda junk...
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
And all you care to do is sit on here and complain about how bad the country is, place blame in the same spot over and over again, and generally contribute deconstructively to any and all discussions. Most people are inherently positive, thank God, and after a while your cynicism gets tiring and disheartening.

Of course, if you were in a position to actually do something about the issues that you so adamantely complain about, the situation would be different. But no, you sit on the sidelines and constantly blame and complain.

And if you were unhappy, you would have never left. In fact, our arguments fuel your desire to continue posting, because it is your goal, whether concious or not, to spread your negativity to everyone. Most inherently pessimistic individuals are like that, and you are no exception.
Ah, that explains it all...
He/she (?) will help us all...

You're acting like you have knowledge or a degree in psychology where clearly you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about...

You're telling me about my goals and my mood...

Grow up...
very entertaining to read your empty posts with so much ego that daddy built there...
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 05:37 PM   #59
dr335is
Brigadier General
54
Rep
4,975
Posts

 
Drives: Some Mazda junk...
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedog_16 View Post
As incoherent as ever...

Please show me where you get your stats. I don't personally know anyone who feels remotely as you do. The vitriol and hatred coming from your keyboard far exceed that of pretty much anyone here.

Paint with a broad brush much? You may want to check your facts. I don't have daddy millionaire. You must have me confused with someone else.

And I sure as hell give a $hit about the regular American - I am one! Didn't I say that I fall squarely in the middle class? Comprehension is your friend you might want to meet him. BTW, a grand in your pocket is more than I had when I got kicked out of my house in my late teens - at least you had a choice.

Why, now, would I not be concerned about how much of my money is taken by the government? Perhaps they're your favorite charity, but I'd rather have control over the usage of my money; I can tell you that I'd likely do more with it. And if taxes don't concern you, feel free (there's that word again!) to pay more. Heck, give your entire paycheck to Uncle Sam! Let him distribute your funds as he sees fit.

I'm sure that if I conducted a poll, the vast majority would say you're miserable. Again, I'm sorry that you hate the US; feel free to leave - I'm sure a few people might be willing to chip in and get you a ticket.

BTW, I think that I finally do have some insight as to what makes you tick. IIRC, you were born and raised in Communist Yugoslavia (Serbia), weren't you? As you grew up, you learned to hate Capitalism and the US. You learned to live and love Marxism and Obama gives you the best chance to feel like you're back home. Here are a couple of your posts from another thread that stand in stark contrast to your posts in this thread regarding China and Communism:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28583%2A





Wow!!! Now it all makes sense! I would have had you pegged much sooner but for the fact that I only joined in February. You wax nostalgic about Communism and flagellate the US and what it stands for. From what I can tell, in your eyes nothing would be better than to see the rise and implementation of Communism in the US. I think now we know who the brainwashed one truly is. If you point your finger at someone, remember there are 3 more pointing at you.

I'm done wasting my time with you. I've gotta make my millions!
What do you know about communism?
Please tell us about it...
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 06:35 PM   #60
Bobby_Light
Major
Bobby_Light's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,353
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
@ BOBBY_LIGHT,

WHy would you continue this discussion at this point?
It is obvious that the truth for him is only from the Gov't controlled sources -- he's been programmed 20 years ago, brainwashed and thaught things completely opposite from reality. No way to change that. Plus, working as the war profitter adds to it all...
Totally agree. That is why I am no longer in this discussion.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 07:07 PM   #61
Rips335iCoupe
Banned
14
Rep
947
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Goodyear, AZ

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Harry Reid is out jogging one morning and notices a little boy on the corner with a box. Curious, he runs over to the child and says, "What's in the box kid?"
The little boy says, "Kittens, they're brand new kittens."
Harry laughs and says, "What kind of kittens are they?"
"Democrats," the child says.
"Oh that's cute," Harry Reid says and he runs off.
A couple of days later Harry is running with his lover, Nancy Pelosi, and he spots the same boy with his box just ahead.
Harry says to Nancy, "You gotta check this out" and they both jog over to the boy with the box. Harry says, "Look in the box Nancy, isn't that cute? Look at those little kittens. Hey kid, tell Nancy what kind of kittens they are."
The boy replies, "They're Republicans."
"Whoa!", Harry says, "I came by here the other day and you said they were Democrats. What's up?"
"Well," the kid says, "Their eyes are open now."
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 07:09 PM   #62
Rips335iCoupe
Banned
14
Rep
947
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Goodyear, AZ

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
A Matter Of Facts
Environment: When Barack Obama brought up global warming during last week's Berlin speech, his lecture resonated with the audience but not with the truth.

"As we speak," said Obama, "cars in Boston and factories in Beijing are melting the ice caps in the Arctic, shrinking coastlines in the Atlantic, and bringing drought to farms from Kansas to Kenya."

He followed that up by suggesting that the world "reduce the carbon we send into our atmosphere" with "the same seriousness of purpose as has your nation," apparently unaware that CO2 emissions in Europe, to which he was appealing, grew 2.1% from 2000 to 2004, while U.S. emissions increased just 1.3% over the same time.

"This is the moment when we must come together to save this planet," Obama declared. "Let us resolve that we will not leave our children a world where the oceans rise and famine spreads and terrible storms devastate our lands."

A lot of errors are crammed into less than 100 words.

First, there's no way a Democratic presidential candidate, former vice president or agenda-minded scientist can say with any certainty that "cars in Boston and factories in Beijing are melting the ice caps," shrinking coastlines and causing drought. They can speculate that's the case. But they can't prove it.

Second, glaciers are advancing in Northern California, Norway, Sweden, New Zealand and Pakistan. Greenland is not melting into the sea. And while Arctic ice is indeed thinning at 3% a decade, Antarctic ice which is 20 times bigger is growing 1% a decade.

As Canada's National Post has noted, though last summer's Arctic ice melt was the biggest on record, this summer's Antarctic melt was the smallest.

Third, Obama and much of the developed world assume, because they've been conditioned through the media and pressure groups, that the planet is growing hotter; in fact, it's cooling and has been since 1998. And a peer-reviewed study published in April by Nature predicts the world will continue cooling through 2015.

While he discussed drought in Kenya, Obama failed to mention Anchorage, Alaska, which is going through its own weather anomaly. Is it because that city is having its coldest summer on record? As of last week, there had been only seven days when the temperature met or broke the 65-degree mark. With only a month of "summer" left, it seems likely that Anchorage's previous all-time low of 16 days without reaching 65 degrees will be broken.

We admit that what Anchorage is going through is not indicative of the global climate (if there even is such a thing). Neither is drought in Kansas. Yet the alarmists enthusiastically use weather anecdotes as examples to prove their argument about climate.

Sometimes we wonder when rational thought will finally root out the global warming fantasy and hype.
Maybe we're beginning to see the cracks. California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who had embraced the global warming cause, last week vetoed a bill that would have required public schools in the state to teach climate change. That won't resonate with his audience, but it will with the facts.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 07:16 PM   #63
Rips335iCoupe
Banned
14
Rep
947
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Goodyear, AZ

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Many of you should go read this .... oh, wait ... I'm assume you know how to read. Well, if you can't, have mommy or daddy read it to you.

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 08:44 PM   #64
dr335is
Brigadier General
54
Rep
4,975
Posts

 
Drives: Some Mazda junk...
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
Totally agree. That is why I am no longer in this discussion.
I am usually not a quitter...however, this time I have to follow you and (according to the poll on this forum) about 70+% of other members...
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2008, 09:14 AM   #65
Icedog_16
No Member
Icedog_16's Avatar
4
Rep
428
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335is
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
What do you know about communism?
Please tell us about it...
Clearly not as much as you, comrade.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2008, 02:18 PM   #66
ATG
Major
ATG's Avatar
Cuba
21
Rep
1,058
Posts

 
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Eastside

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
You have to understand that the poor man cannot comprehend the concept that here in the US we do not look to the government for our quality of life. He does not understand that he is responsible for the quality of his children's education & their healthcare. That he is responsible for his life & the government is not.
How can one be responsible for the quality of his own healthcare? A person with perfect genes and perfect health can, but what is left to others? Government is a compromise, but civilized society is based on a notion that the strong help the weak even if they don't really want to.
I disagree with this popular American despise for the goverment. If there is no government, the law becomes simple: the strong kills the weak. period. That applies to both humans and businesses. That, of course, results in "healthy natural selection," but for civilized educated people living in a jungle is not pleasant.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST