BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
Stick to Clutch
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-11-2009, 02:36 PM   #419
sparkyg
Brigadier General
 
sparkyg's Avatar
 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

Posts: 3,493
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentanyl View Post
Do you think it is necessary to clear the codes? If so can you hook me up with your "programmer"? I'll be getting mine back hopefully on friday.

In regards to the gas, I've only went to petro can so far but I heard the 94 octane from husky is pretty good, just out of the way to get that one for me and not sure if that extra octane will make much of a difference.
Prob don't need to, he saw no codes when my ECU was plugged back in. The 335 is known to throw all kinds of sh*t.

I more wanted to restart the adpatation.

PM me for some details
sparkyg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2009, 02:40 PM   #420
sparkyg
Brigadier General
 
sparkyg's Avatar
 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

Posts: 3,493
iTrader: (5)

Only Top Tier gas is Petro Can and Shell. Sunoco out East

http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html
sparkyg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2009, 03:08 PM   #421
AMJ_77
Captain
 
AMJ_77's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 667
iTrader: (2)

Well I pulled the trigger on the Advan AVS F7's in platinum black

20X9 front ET 17 mm
20X10 rear ET 22 mm

Nitto Invo's 245-30-20's on the front and 275-30-20's on the rear!

Hopefully should be here by next week

Special thanks to wheelSTO, Julius was awesome to deal with and gave me a great deal as well.
Attached Images
  
AMJ_77 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #422
AMJ_77
Captain
 
AMJ_77's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 667
iTrader: (2)

By the way Glenn of the neez!


I use petrocan myself, who wants to chip in for some race fuel?
AMJ_77 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2009, 03:57 PM   #423
sparkyg
Brigadier General
 
sparkyg's Avatar
 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

Posts: 3,493
iTrader: (5)

Bastards

I'll get pics tonight. Car is getting bug covered from too many speed blasts on various roads
sparkyg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2009, 03:59 PM   #424
sparkyg
Brigadier General
 
sparkyg's Avatar
 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

Posts: 3,493
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ_77 View Post
Well I pulled the trigger on the Advan AVS F7's in platinum black
Gonna look so hot
sparkyg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #425
sparkyg
Brigadier General
 
sparkyg's Avatar
 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

Posts: 3,493
iTrader: (5)

Anyone know the roads in the West End?

I will need to bed my brakes and I need to do 30 brake applications from 65km/h to 25 km/h with 0.8 km gaps in applications. Yeah, friggin 30 of them.

I am not sure how I am even going to keep track 30 applications of brakes.
sparkyg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2009, 06:21 PM   #426
AMJ_77
Captain
 
AMJ_77's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 667
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Anyone know the roads in the West End?

I will need to bed my brakes and I need to do 30 brake applications from 65km/h to 25 km/h with 0.8 km gaps in applications. Yeah, friggin 30 of them.

I am not sure how I am even going to keep track 30 applications of brakes.
Damn Glenn that sucks, you are going to have to spend most of your night in the M Your going to have to scratch notches into your dash to keep track There are some back roads down 178 ave around 107 street that might work, it is an industrial area.

Now we really need pics of the neez plus the BBK Don't know how I am supposed to compete with that!
AMJ_77 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2009, 06:33 PM   #427
AMJ_77
Captain
 
AMJ_77's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 667
iTrader: (2)

Hey do you guys think I should go with 285's in the rear instead of 275's? Only reason I didn't is that there Julius recommended it so I took his word for it.
AMJ_77 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2009, 06:59 PM   #428
sparkyg
Brigadier General
 
sparkyg's Avatar
 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

Posts: 3,493
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ_77 View Post
Hey do you guys think I should go with 285's in the rear instead of 275's? Only reason I didn't is that there Julius recommended it so I took his word for it.
What is the IND Red E90 machine running?

Edit

The IND machine has 255/30-20 and 285/30-20

Maybe check to see if that size will fit.
sparkyg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #429
AMJ_77
Captain
 
AMJ_77's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 667
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
What is the IND Red E90 machine running?

Edit

The IND machine has 255/30-20 and 285/30-20
My ET at the front is too aggressive (17 mm) so going with the 255 might induce some rubbing and Julius didn't want to do that.
AMJ_77 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2009, 07:57 PM   #430
2thdr
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '13 X5M/'10 R8 V10
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: E-town, Alberta

Posts: 464
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
I use Shell Vpower premium and then I chuck in some Husky 94 stuff every once in a while.

Is the PetroCan gas Top Tier, I am not sure?

Never, never use Safeway gas, anyone. Damaged my dads car, fouled the plugs. they sell gas that may may meet spec but it is shit gas. Use it for fire starter only. I wouldn't put it in my lawnmower
Wierd, I thought that they sourced their gas from PetroCanada? Petro Canada is listed as Top Tier.

Hmmm, I need to look into the Canada Safeway gas...my dad puts it in his new X3.
2thdr is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2009, 07:58 PM   #431
AMJ_77
Captain
 
AMJ_77's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 667
iTrader: (2)

Ya Glenn I see Colin next Friday, those bastards cleaned out my wallet! Haha, I can't wait to feel the difference in the car from one day to the next, hoping to get that sweet neck snapping feel!
AMJ_77 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2009, 08:00 PM   #432
2thdr
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '13 X5M/'10 R8 V10
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: E-town, Alberta

Posts: 464
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ_77 View Post
Well I pulled the trigger on the Advan AVS F7's in platinum black

20X9 front ET 17 mm
20X10 rear ET 22 mm

Nitto Invo's 245-30-20's on the front and 275-30-20's on the rear!

Hopefully should be here by next week

Special thanks to wheelSTO, Julius was awesome to deal with and gave me a great deal as well.
Albert, those are absolutely sick wheels. You best be keeping away from Whitemud freeway for the next two years with 20's. Nice stance in those pics.
2thdr is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #433
AMJ_77
Captain
 
AMJ_77's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 667
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thdr View Post
Albert, those are absolutely sick wheels. You best be keeping away from Whitemud freeway for the next two years with 20's. Nice stance in those pics.
Ya I couldn't steal your thunder and put the P40's on, we all need to look unique while we terrorize the Edmonton city streets!
AMJ_77 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2009, 08:07 PM   #434
2thdr
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '13 X5M/'10 R8 V10
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: E-town, Alberta

Posts: 464
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Anyone know the roads in the West End?

I will need to bed my brakes and I need to do 30 brake applications from 65km/h to 25 km/h with 0.8 km gaps in applications. Yeah, friggin 30 of them.

I am not sure how I am even going to keep track 30 applications of brakes.
Glenn, last week I was coming from my practice at about 12:30AM (early Wednesday morning). I was coming SE-bound towards Terwillegar and there was pretty much no one on the road. If it was me (and it will be in about a week), I would head out early in the morning when there is virtually no traffic and then turn on the flashers in the outside lane. The other option which I know is really, really good is to go to the Windermere commercial development off Henday. Take that road towards Terwillegar, going over the bridge and you can basically run that road all the way from Windermere to 23Ave and then head east, or continue North and take it all the way to Whitemud.

Either way, if done late at night, you should have little company.
2thdr is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2009, 08:07 PM   #435
2thdr
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '13 X5M/'10 R8 V10
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: E-town, Alberta

Posts: 464
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ_77 View Post
Ya I couldn't steal your thunder and put the P40's on, we all need to look unique while we terrorize the Edmonton city streets!
LOL.
2thdr is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2009, 09:47 PM   #436
sparkyg
Brigadier General
 
sparkyg's Avatar
 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

Posts: 3,493
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thdr View Post
Glenn, last week I was coming from my practice at about 12:30AM (early Wednesday morning). I was coming SE-bound towards Terwillegar and there was pretty much no one on the road. If it was me (and it will be in about a week), I would head out early in the morning when there is virtually no traffic and then turn on the flashers in the outside lane. The other option which I know is really, really good is to go to the Windermere commercial development off Henday. Take that road towards Terwillegar, going over the bridge and you can basically run that road all the way from Windermere to 23Ave and then head east, or continue North and take it all the way to Whitemud.

Either way, if done late at night, you should have little company.
Problem is you gotta do the brake bedding immed after you install them. So drive out the shop, get the corrosion proof coating off and then start bedding the brakes. So I basically drive out the door at Karmac and start bedding the brakes.

If you don't you'll screw a good set of brakes forever.

I'll drive around Karmac and see what it is like around there.
sparkyg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2009, 09:50 PM   #437
sparkyg
Brigadier General
 
sparkyg's Avatar
 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

Posts: 3,493
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ_77 View Post
Ya Glenn I see Colin next Friday, those bastards cleaned out my wallet! Haha, I can't wait to feel the difference in the car from one day to the next, hoping to get that sweet neck snapping feel!
The 335 snaps necks, the M3 scares children and animals, people run for cover and get the hell out of the way
sparkyg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2009, 10:48 PM   #438
2thdr
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '13 X5M/'10 R8 V10
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: E-town, Alberta

Posts: 464
iTrader: (0)

OK, you really have to be kidding...snow tomorrow?

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caab0103
2thdr is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2009, 10:56 PM   #439
sparkyg
Brigadier General
 
sparkyg's Avatar
 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

Posts: 3,493
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thdr View Post
OK, you really have to be kidding...snow tomorrow?

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caab0103
Its no joke, dam. Gonna be a bit of a shit show if it gets icy Wed AM
sparkyg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #440
2thdr
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '13 X5M/'10 R8 V10
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: E-town, Alberta

Posts: 464
iTrader: (0)

I am going to have to leave the car at the tinter/shielders tomorrow...no point in driving around on summers with that crap coming down.

Glenn, I am not sure about meeting this Thursday...I had kind of held off to see about my schedule, but I am in late on Wed/Thurs normally and not even sure if I will have the vehicle for Thursday or even the weekend...patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue...
2thdr is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST