BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-15-2008, 03:56 PM   #23
Res Ipsa
Local LOLyer
 
Res Ipsa's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 303
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfurban View Post
Wow, you da man. Now, run along back to the NON-M3 board, sonny.

Maybe one day, you'll own an M3.

Oh, by the way, my buddy has this stripped down NEON with a huge engine he uses for racing. He'd really make you look bad, so I guess that makes a NEON better than your 335? I mean, since you're saying yours is better than an M3 simply because you can beat it in a straight line?

You see my point? I hope you understand what I'm saying.

Anyway, keep saving your pennies. The M3 is what you really want.
He never said his car was superior; he wanted to see them race to see just how close it would be. Talk about being an idiot...
__________________
Audi S5 | '09 X5 xDrive 30i
Res Ipsa is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2008, 04:02 PM   #24
ihyln
Banned
 
Drives: M3post sucks
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: M3post sucks

Posts: 3,385
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ihyln
Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
It seems that 335 owners arent giving themselves a bad rep but your the one giving them a bad rep. Any thread that deals with a 335 and an m3 comparison you come in there and began a war. Grow up please
I'm sorry that you have an inability read and glaze over words. Go to any 335i thread and you'll have a handful of idiots who look at torque numbers and then pass off the M3 as inferior. Then you have geniuses who compare a 45k car to those of completely different classes. If that's your interpretation then you have a lot of thinking to do. Calling them out on being misinformed knuckledraggers is necessary then you can add yourself to the list. You don't see M3 owners calling 335i owners poor for not being able to afford better and I don't expect other forum members deriding other people's purchases.

Challenge yourself a little more.
ihyln is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2008, 04:04 PM   #25
Nucking Futs!
Major
 
Nucking Futs!'s Avatar
 
Drives: nucking futs!
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: All over Dallas!

Posts: 1,404
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Interesting discussion w/childish comments in between...

I'd be down for meeting up w/you guys as long as it's not too early in the morning since I love my weekend sleep. Oh yea, I'm not broken in yet heck I haven't gotten past the 1200-mile break-in period yet, LOL!
__________________
- Jimmy
Nucking Futs! is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2008, 04:25 PM   #26
jbttum3
Captain
 
jbttum3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i coupe 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: TEXAS B*TCH!!!

Posts: 620
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
I'm sorry that you have an inability read and glaze over words. Go to any 335i thread and you'll have a handful of idiots who look at torque numbers and then pass off the M3 as inferior. Then you have geniuses who compare a 45k car to those of completely different classes. If that's your interpretation then you have a lot of thinking to do. Calling them out on being misinformed knuckledraggers is necessary then you can add yourself to the list. You don't see M3 owners calling 335i owners poor for not being able to afford better and I don't expect other forum members deriding other people's purchases.

Challenge yourself a little more.
I agree with you there buddy.....but please read some of the responses I've received from M3 owners on this thread. I just wanted to get some videos. Didn't want to bash or argue. I agree there are "knuckledraggers" in the e90post forum......but it seems that you have just as many over here in the M3 forums. And I've already gotten 2 responses insinuating that I drive a 335 bc I can't afford an M3.......please. Anybody who judges somebody like that without knowing a single thing about them is a knuckledragger IMO.
__________________

SOLD!!! :-(Space Gray Metallic - Coral Red - 6MT - Sport - AA Exhaust - UR Catted Coated DP's - Procede V3.1 PnP - Stett CAI - BMW Group SSK - M-Tech Sides/Rear- OEM Aero Lip - GP 8500K Angels - Vorsteiner Boot Lid - Miro M6 Reps
jbttum3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2008, 04:26 PM   #27
jbttum3
Captain
 
jbttum3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i coupe 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: TEXAS B*TCH!!!

Posts: 620
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucking Futs! View Post
Interesting discussion w/childish comments in between...

I'd be down for meeting up w/you guys as long as it's not too early in the morning since I love my weekend sleep. Oh yea, I'm not broken in yet heck I haven't gotten past the 1200-mile break-in period yet, LOL!
I like my sleeping in too but I want to get these vids and I don't want temprature to be that big of a factor. You're more than welcome to come observe if you're car still isn't broken in by time we set this up.
__________________

SOLD!!! :-(Space Gray Metallic - Coral Red - 6MT - Sport - AA Exhaust - UR Catted Coated DP's - Procede V3.1 PnP - Stett CAI - BMW Group SSK - M-Tech Sides/Rear- OEM Aero Lip - GP 8500K Angels - Vorsteiner Boot Lid - Miro M6 Reps
jbttum3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2008, 04:37 PM   #28
ihyln
Banned
 
Drives: M3post sucks
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: M3post sucks

Posts: 3,385
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ihyln
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbttum3 View Post
I agree with you there buddy.....but please read some of the responses I've received from M3 owners on this thread. I just wanted to get some videos. Didn't want to bash or argue. I agree there are "knuckledraggers" in the e90post forum......but it seems that you have just as many over here in the M3 forums. And I've already gotten 2 responses insinuating that I drive a 335 bc I can't afford an M3.......please. Anybody who judges somebody like that without knowing a single thing about them is a knuckledragger IMO.
I'm with you on your quest for the challenge. I also don't appreciate members making fun of other people's purchases. I believe people might have misconstrued your thread title as gloating and become hostile. There's nothing wrong with a bit of sibling rivalry but some become fanboyish and take it too far. I'm not saying you are but I'm just speaking in general terms.
ihyln is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2008, 04:55 PM   #29
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbttum3 View Post
Hey guys, I was just looking for some videos of an e9x M3 vs. Vishnu 335 and come up empty handed.
Here is one, but this is a V1. Your car should obviously faster with V3.

__________________
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2008, 04:58 PM   #30
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack211 View Post
I had my M button set to sport-plus, EDC comfort, sports steering, and DSC on. I was in S 5.
There is no way you'll keep up with DSC on. Major power loss. The cars should be about even if you have DSC off. If you haven't driven the car with DSC off yet, find an empty lot on a weekend, and practice kicking the tail out and launching for some time. It takes practice to learn how to be able to floor it in 1st and 2nd without axle hop or too much wheel spin. If you do this right, you should get some wheel spin shifting into 2nd. Don't turn DSC off for the first time when you match up next. I really hope you guys are doing this in a deserted place with some people watching for cars. People do get killed doing this type of stuff on public roads. I wouldn't do it. Why don't you guys go to a drag strip?
__________________
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2008, 05:03 PM   #31
jbttum3
Captain
 
jbttum3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i coupe 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: TEXAS B*TCH!!!

Posts: 620
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
I'm with you on your quest for the challenge. I also don't appreciate members making fun of other people's purchases. I believe people might have misconstrued your thread title as gloating and become hostile. There's nothing wrong with a bit of sibling rivalry but some become fanboyish and take it too far. I'm not saying you are but I'm just speaking in general terms.
Unlike some others on here, I could decipher that you were not specifically talking about me. Anyway, the only disrespectful thing I said in the OP was the silver medal comment.....but I felt that was obviously a playful joke.
__________________

SOLD!!! :-(Space Gray Metallic - Coral Red - 6MT - Sport - AA Exhaust - UR Catted Coated DP's - Procede V3.1 PnP - Stett CAI - BMW Group SSK - M-Tech Sides/Rear- OEM Aero Lip - GP 8500K Angels - Vorsteiner Boot Lid - Miro M6 Reps
jbttum3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2008, 05:10 PM   #32
jbttum3
Captain
 
jbttum3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i coupe 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: TEXAS B*TCH!!!

Posts: 620
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Here is one, but this is a V1. Your car should obviously faster with V3.

Yeah, I've seen that......thats why I want one with a V3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
There is no way you'll keep up with DSC on. Major power loss. The cars should be about even if you have DSC off. If you haven't driven the car with DSC off yet, find an empty lot on a weekend, and practice kicking the tail out and launching for some time. It takes practice to learn how to be able to floor it in 1st and 2nd without axle hop or too much wheel spin. Don't turn DSC off for the first time when you match up next. I really hope you guys are doing this in a deserted place with some people watching for cars. People do get killed doing this type of stuff on public roads. I wouldn't do it. Why don't you guys go to a drag strip?
Drag strips are far and not open when we want to do this. We're in TX, not Boston, it won't be too hard finding a deserted road with no side streets for cars to turn out in front of us. And we plan on doing this at like 7 or 8am on the weekend......won't be many people out anyway. We're not retarded, we won't be doing this on busy highways or in residential areas. Main thing is to make sure there is no way anyone can pull out in front of us on whatever road we choose. Only way anyone is dying will be due to driver error.....which could happen at a track just the same.
__________________

SOLD!!! :-(Space Gray Metallic - Coral Red - 6MT - Sport - AA Exhaust - UR Catted Coated DP's - Procede V3.1 PnP - Stett CAI - BMW Group SSK - M-Tech Sides/Rear- OEM Aero Lip - GP 8500K Angels - Vorsteiner Boot Lid - Miro M6 Reps
jbttum3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2008, 05:25 PM   #33
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbttum3 View Post
Drag strips are far and not open when we want to do this. We're in TX, not Boston, it won't be too hard finding a deserted road with no side streets for cars to turn out in front of us. And we plan on doing this at like 7 or 8am on the weekend......won't be many people out anyway. We're not retarded, we won't be doing this on busy highways or in residential areas. Main thing is to make sure there is no way anyone can pull out in front of us on whatever road we choose. Only way anyone is dying will be due to driver error.....which could happen at a track just the same.
I am not saying you are retarded; my intention was not to talk down at you guys. Just my opinion and my sensitivity, that's all. I have lost a family member in a car accident (not racing related but still someone else's fault).

As another point of consideration, professional help would be close if something went wrong on a drag strip. You wouldn't be trapped in your car and burn to death for example, which is what happened to someone on a highway near Boston recently one early morning who was racing someone.

My 2 cents...
__________________
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2008, 05:44 PM   #34
!Xoible
Banned
 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
what's the score on this so far? who's penis is bigger?
!Xoible is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2008, 06:09 PM   #35
Res Ipsa
Local LOLyer
 
Res Ipsa's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 303
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
I'm sorry that you have an inability read and glaze over words. Go to any 335i thread and you'll have a handful of idiots who look at torque numbers and then pass off the M3 as inferior. Then you have geniuses who compare a 45k car to those of completely different classes. If that's your interpretation then you have a lot of thinking to do. Calling them out on being misinformed knuckledraggers is necessary then you can add yourself to the list. You don't see M3 owners calling 335i owners poor for not being able to afford better and I don't expect other forum members deriding other people's purchases.

Challenge yourself a little more.
I see equally as ridiculous comparisons of the M3 to various supercars on this forum; the sentiment of ownership superiority is not somehow limited to 335i owners, Corvette owners, M3 owners, or F430 owners. It's a widespread bias.
__________________
Audi S5 | '09 X5 xDrive 30i
Res Ipsa is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2008, 06:29 PM   #36
jbttum3
Captain
 
jbttum3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i coupe 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: TEXAS B*TCH!!!

Posts: 620
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
I am not saying you are retarded; my intention was not to talk down at you guys. Just my opinion and my sensitivity, that's all. I have lost a family member in a car accident (not racing related but still someone else's fault).

As another point of consideration, professional help would be close if something went wrong on a drag strip. You wouldn't be trapped in your car and burn to death for example, which is what happened to someone on a highway near Boston recently one early morning who was racing someone.

My 2 cents...
I wasn't offended......I just overuse the word retarded. Your concerns are duly noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
what's the score on this so far? who's penis is bigger?
Mine is 3 inches......all the girls that sleep with me for one night and then never call me back say that this is about normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Res Ipsa View Post
I see equally as ridiculous comparisons of the M3 to various supercars on this forum; the sentiment of ownership superiority is not somehow limited to 335i owners, Corvette owners, M3 owners, or F430 owners. It's a widespread bias.
+1
__________________

SOLD!!! :-(Space Gray Metallic - Coral Red - 6MT - Sport - AA Exhaust - UR Catted Coated DP's - Procede V3.1 PnP - Stett CAI - BMW Group SSK - M-Tech Sides/Rear- OEM Aero Lip - GP 8500K Angels - Vorsteiner Boot Lid - Miro M6 Reps
jbttum3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #37
addy85
Got beef?
 
addy85's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas

Posts: 3,647
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
what's the score on this so far? who's penis is bigger?
I drive a four door, so mine ofcourse

As for ihyln, actually I can read pretty well Buddy you said it yourself, a handful of 335 owners think their gods in their car just like theres a handful of corvette owners who think they can beat any car on the road. You should think about getting over your biased comments over 335 owners anyone with half a brain would know that an M3 is a far superior car to a 335. Now this does not mean that we all believe the M3 is worth the extra 20k and therefore we have the right to have that opinion, just as its your right to believe that the M3 is worth every penny. We both know you get very emoitional in these types of threads and for the sake of your head not going bald, I suggest you relax a little
__________________

Special Thanks to AU335
addy85 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2008, 07:15 PM   #38
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbttum3 View Post
I wasn't offended......


I don't mean to dwell on this too much more, but I just remembered a thread I saw on the E36 M3 board. A few M3s started racing on their way to a meet in CA, one of them crashed, the driver got out in time, and had to helplessly watch his best friend burn to death.

Even excellent drivers make mistakes and crash their cars. We see this at the track. But the cool thing is that a firetruck and medics make it to the site within 30 seconds. That is a calculated risk worth taking IMO.

Mantis man, you often post telling your racing stories on LA roads, but here you are asking others how big their penises are?

OK. I'll step down from the soapbox now...
__________________
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2008, 07:20 PM   #39
addy85
Got beef?
 
addy85's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas

Posts: 3,647
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post


I don't mean to dwell on this too much more, but I just remembered a thread I saw on the E36 M3 board. A few M3s started racing on their way to a meet in CA, one them crashed, the driver got out in time, and had to helplessly watch his best friend burn to death.

Even excellent drivers make mistakes and crash their cars. We see this at the track. But the cool thing is that a firetruck and medics make it to the site within 30 seconds. That is a calculated risk worth taking IMO.

Mantis man, you often post telling your racing stories on LA roads, but here you are asking others how big their penises are?

OK. I'll step down from the soapbox now...

lol maybe he likes penis's just kidding mantis loool

btw I agree with you that the track is the safeist but its sometimes hard for us cause theres not many around. I will be honest with you though, we have some big ass deserted streets which remind me of a track
__________________

Special Thanks to AU335
addy85 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2008, 07:24 PM   #40
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
lol maybe he likes penis's
Yeah, he kind of set himself up for that one.
__________________
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2008, 07:39 PM   #41
ihyln
Banned
 
Drives: M3post sucks
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: M3post sucks

Posts: 3,385
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ihyln
Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
I drive a four door, so mine ofcourse

As for ihyln, actually I can read pretty well Buddy you said it yourself, a handful of 335 owners think their gods in their car just like theres a handful of corvette owners who think they can beat any car on the road. You should think about getting over your biased comments over 335 owners anyone with half a brain would know that an M3 is a far superior car to a 335. Now this does not mean that we all believe the M3 is worth the extra 20k and therefore we have the right to have that opinion, just as its your right to believe that the M3 is worth every penny. We both know you get very emoitional in these types of threads and for the sake of your head not going bald, I suggest you relax a little
A little late to take the high road. I have nothing against 335i owners only ignorant remarks. There's really nothing emotional about my posts, the facts are the facts.
ihyln is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2008, 07:41 PM   #42
addy85
Got beef?
 
addy85's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas

Posts: 3,647
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
A little late to take the high road. I have nothing against 335i owners only ignorant remarks. There's really nothing emotional about my posts, the facts are the facts.
The high road? Lol okay.......... What about M3 owners ignorant remarks
__________________

Special Thanks to AU335
addy85 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2008, 08:25 PM   #43
jbttum3
Captain
 
jbttum3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i coupe 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: TEXAS B*TCH!!!

Posts: 620
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
__________________

SOLD!!! :-(Space Gray Metallic - Coral Red - 6MT - Sport - AA Exhaust - UR Catted Coated DP's - Procede V3.1 PnP - Stett CAI - BMW Group SSK - M-Tech Sides/Rear- OEM Aero Lip - GP 8500K Angels - Vorsteiner Boot Lid - Miro M6 Reps
jbttum3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-15-2008, 08:43 PM   #44
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

jbttum3, have you dyno'ed your car. If so, can you post a chart, or a reference? I'm interested in seeing the V3 torque curve. Thanks.
__________________
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST