BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Steve Thomas BMW
View Poll Results: omama or mccain
obama 65 52.00%
mccain 60 48.00%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

07-13-2008, 11:50 AM   #23
PLAYON
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 BMW 550i

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
^ LOL. . .pwned.
      07-13-2008, 01:20 PM   #24
fermion
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 328i

yea, i posted too early. good thing sensible people came along and voted
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 04:27 PM   #25
Robertbog
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90AW335i View Post
Yeah, staying in Iraq and leaving Iraq is the same thing....
OBAMA ISNT LEAVING IRAQ.

AND WHOEVER RESPONDED TO ME SORRY BUDDY BUT GOVT CONTROL OF AMERICAN FINANCES IS BAD.

whoops capslock
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 04:33 PM   #26
RRGOO7
Colonel
Rep

Drives: GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Obama is a snake-oil salesman in a nice suit. That guy just says what people want to hear, like any other politician. However, because he is such a charismatic speaker, people just swoon over him and buy into everything he says no questions asked. He is going to be in WAY over his head IF he is elected.
totally agree in the telling everyone what they want to hear part. Obama is a complete bullshitter. Zero experience. Income tax going up to 52% FTMFL. I make a million bucks and i get 480k? Absolute Bullshit.
This makes a point also
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 04:49 PM   #27
Year's_End
RWD only.
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 E92 335i

Move this to the political section. I hate political debates.

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 04:50 PM   #28
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRGOO7 View Post
totally agree in the telling everyone what they want to hear part. Obama is a complete bullshitter. Zero experience. Income tax going up to 52% FTMFL. I make a million bucks and i get 480k? Absolute Bullshit.
This makes a point also
WHat do you know about making money???
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 04:56 PM   #29
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E90 328i

Garage List
07 e90 335  [0.00]
07 335  [0.00]
06 325i  [0.00]
lol Wow!!

Ill second on that quote about obama being a bullshitter!!
Alot of people ive talked to lately on this topic says the same thing that and this country isnt ready to have a black president is a whole nother can of worms!! lolol
      07-13-2008, 06:16 PM   #30
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep

Drives: gti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Obama is a snake-oil salesman in a nice suit. That guy just says what people want to hear, like any other politician. However, because he is such a charismatic speaker, people just swoon over him and buy into everything he says no questions asked. He is going to be in WAY over his head IF he is elected.
I guess all politicians will say anything to win but Obama scares me because he keeps changing his stance on things so Mccain will be bad but Obama could be worse...
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 07:08 PM   #31
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertbog View Post
OBAMA ISNT LEAVING IRAQ.

AND WHOEVER RESPONDED TO ME SORRY BUDDY BUT GOVT CONTROL OF AMERICAN FINANCES IS BAD.

whoops capslock
Obama is leaving Iraq.....

Government intervention of certain finance companies is better than those same companies going bankrupt and all of those people losing their homes because the companies that take over their loans will jack up the interest rates. Once again, learn something about finance and accounting before you speak about it.
      07-13-2008, 08:01 PM   #32
Robertbog
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 335i

Quote:

Government intervention of certain finance companies is better than those same companies going bankrupt and all of those people losing their homes because the companies that take over their loans will jack up the interest rates. Once again, learn something about finance and accounting before you speak about it.
Most recent obama deceleration was that he does not feel he will be able to pull out of iraq immediately http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0708/11517.html. Especially after we hit iran http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4322508.ece

The entire reason the company went down in the first place was a run on it because of a letter from a senator whom attended bilderberg 08 with ben bernake. Maybe you should learn about the fed.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 08:34 PM   #33
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertbog View Post
Most recent obama deceleration was that he does not feel he will be able to pull out of iraq immediately
Of course we cant pull out immediately but at least he wants to get the hell outta there. McCain thinks that there is something to be won there.....
      07-13-2008, 09:26 PM   #34
jhv
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Every Day

obama isnt going to win
      07-13-2008, 10:41 PM   #35
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Of course we cant pull out immediately but at least he wants to get the hell outta there. McCain thinks that there is something to be won there.....
And judging by reports from our forces as well as the Iraqi forces and government, we've just about won. It's gotten to the point where the Iraqi's can pretty much handle it themselves from here on out. This is going to come back to bite Obama because a lot of our troops will already be out by the time the election rolls around. McCain's support of the surge will really help him since it obviously worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 11:56 PM   #36
PLAYON
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 BMW 550i

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
And judging by reports from our forces as well as the Iraqi forces and government, we've just about won. It's gotten to the point where the Iraqi's can pretty much handle it themselves from here on out. This is going to come back to bite Obama because a lot of our troops will already be out by the time the election rolls around. McCain's support of the surge will really help him since it obviously worked.
FALSE FALSE FALSE
      07-14-2008, 07:08 AM   #37
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
you're a great judge...
Try comedy next time...
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 09:50 AM   #38
unagi1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: Cobra, Mr2, 08 335i

Fuq it, Obama is the lesser of two evils...McCain is not even a real "Republican", he's a black sheep. All the righties are going with him because they don't have a choice. How about we start spending time on getting our own shit straight before trying to fix other countries? Out with Iraq FTMFW.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 11:44 AM   #39
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep

Drives: FerrariFF

Same shit different F'n pile.. god help The United States of America.
      07-14-2008, 12:18 PM   #40
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
There are three possible ways for a nation to leave a battlefield; negotiate, win, or surrender.

What way is Obama proposing?

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 12:39 PM   #41
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYON View Post
FALSE FALSE FALSE
True True True. Two can play at that game.

If you want to contest a point, how about some sources? To be fair, I didn't provide any sources when I made the statement, but you can't just scream "FALSE" and it'll be false. Hell, even Obama admits the surge is working. (Hence his change in position)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 01:21 PM   #42
Neurorad
Major
Rep

Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
There are three possible ways for a nation to leave a battlefield; negotiate, win, or surrender.

What way is Obama proposing?
If Obama wins, you'll lose a lot of money, and be out of a job.

You may have to find another career. Or just live off your pension.

Why do former servicemen get such big pensions? My friend is retiring at age 41, living off my taxes.

Oh yeah, you get shot at.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 02:14 PM   #43
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
If Obama wins, you'll lose a lot of money, and be out of a job.

You may have to find another career. Or just live off your pension.

Why do former servicemen get such big pensions? My friend is retiring at age 41, living off my taxes.

Oh yeah, you get shot at.
If Obama wins I lose money because he will raise my taxes along with everyone else. My job has little to nothing to do with the current fight so that is not an issue.

Congrats to your friend, tell I said welcome to the world of the blue ID card.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 06:43 PM   #44
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to BoostedBMW
I'm not crazy about either candidate, but I am someone who falls in the middle when it comes to my political views, and I believe that being on either end of the spectrum as a liberal or conservative is a BAD thing when it comes to electing a president. The fact that Obama has even been considered to be one of the most, if not the most, liberal senator is enough for me to never vote for him. I have listened to him preach about all of his change that he loves to talk about, but I really don't hear anything too good from his charismatic speeches.

For me, I don't need government handouts and I don't want someone who is looking to raise my taxes to fund them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not doing backflips over McCain, but at least the guy isn't ultra conservative as Obama is liberal, and the fact that he has experience in the military and is willing to say how it is when it comes to a realistic plan for Iraq (and not just spewing out what the people want to hear that he will be out of there in X amount of days, or has that point changed since he does like to change his position on things pretty often ). I also like how he is willing to compromise to get things passed, as he has shown as a senator in the past. His ideas behind ending pork barreling are pretty nice too if he would actually carry them out.

Basically, both aren't too great, but from what I see and hear I believe that Obama is a bullshit artist, and I really don't want a president that will just tell me what I want to hear because I already have plenty of politicians in lower political offices that do that for me already. Although it would be nice to have a president who is willing to give me a pound instead of shaking my hand... maybe that's just one of the small, but more effective changes that he has planned. I kid, I kid.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0