BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Strasse Wheels

07-10-2008, 07:10 PM   #23
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
If the Wikipedia article is accurate, then abortion is legal in Iran only when the pregnancy "threatens the life of the pregnant woman. Any other form of abortion, such in cases of rape and malformation of the fetus, is strictly illegal. However, there is widespread violation of the law."

If the above can be assumed to be true, then the Iranians are well ahead of the U.S. in this area. However, it would appear that it could be changed merely by statute. In the U.S. if we can make the Sanctity of Life Act the law of the land, then we would be nearly equal with Iran.

I would like to see the matter reach the next level to amend the constitution. With a human life amendment there could be no confusion that life begins at conception. And by application, life would be protected from the time of conception by the fourteenth amendment.

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 08:17 PM   #24
enfield
Civilian
Canada
Rep

Drives: Jaguar F-Type V8 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Does the United States or her citizens have the right to determine whether Iranians still in the womb have the right to live? Do they already have the right to life in Iran? I am guessing that they do, but I could be wrong.
You misunderstood me. My bad - I was not clear.

I was being cheeky and asking whether Iranians who are alive also have this right. I was not referring to the unborn....

I feel that people who are alive are as important as the unborn. Call me a silly idealist
Appreciate 0