BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Lux Angel Eyes

07-09-2008, 09:32 PM   #23
Zed
Replicant

Drives: 2009 M3 E90 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Wow, Week 37 starts 9/7--I didn't know they started that early. What about the German vacation month?
Week 37 is indeed 2nd week of September, that is, unless some delays happen and it gets pushed out (which has been happening a lot). I think the factory closes for most of Aug, reopens in Sep.
http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/...n&wno=2&hol=25
Zed is offline   United_States
      07-09-2008, 10:38 PM   #24
FrenchBoy
Major

Drives: '09 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
JULY 18th you will know!
What's your source for this info?
Thanks

2009 E90 M3 | SG | FR | 6Speed | Akrapovic Evo | JRZ RS1 | StopTech Trophy | Cantrell Brake Ducts
FrenchBoy is offline   France
      07-09-2008, 10:47 PM   #25
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
I got pushed from week 36 to week 37 for my DCT E90, it was the first allocation for a 2009 DCT E90 at my dealership. I ordered while my CA and the sales manager were looking at the order screen and space gray was definitely not available for the sedan. This was three weeks ago.
      07-09-2008, 10:58 PM   #26
reinaldo335
First Lieutenant

Drives: m3 ZCP 6MT, on order 09 m3 6MT

i think the new i drive will be only in the 2009.5 facelifted e90 sedan only, i think we will see some changes in the e92 m3 at 2010.
reinaldo335 is offline   Puerto Rico
      07-10-2008, 12:30 AM   #27
Big Windy
Major General

Drives: audi s4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchBoy View Post
What's your source for this info?
Thanks
Michael from bimmerfile. I'm trusting him!

http://www.bimmerfile.com/2008/07/06...-and-3-series/
Michael Jul 7th, 2008 Link

Joe Bimmerfest Jul 7th, 2008

Didn’t BMW Blog (which is run by a well-connected BMW salesperson) also state that they got official word of no USA I-Drive update in the 3-series for the 2009 model year??

Sorry to inform you that BMWBlog is not affiliated with that individual any longer and has been run independently for quite some time. Also, you should once again realize that over the past several months they and their sources have corroborated what we have been saying all along that the 3 series will indeed receive the iDrive. “H” and the staff there have even agreed with our information and graciously linked to our site as a reference. We have no ill will towards them and respect their efforts and sources, things in the world of BMW can change at a moments notice and not all sources know all about a said item or the specifics of how, when, where and why… some of them just design stuff or build stuff…. They do a great job as well, just different sites, sources and styles.

We have broken much of the information about iDrive and the 3 series facelift thanks to our sources and official documents we have been able to obtain; we strive to provide the most accurate information available and always check our facts as best we can. That said we stand by our information and hope that it speaks for itself. I think the information we obtain is much better than a “well connected salesperson” can obtain and (many sales people have even commented that they get their information here even before centernet) but that is my biased opinion.

Later on you will see some more evidence of the iDrive in the 3 bound for the US…. Just remember BMW has told us the 335d would be here in the fall several times but for some reason it is not in the ordering guides…. hmmm
Maybe BMW is trying to get rid of the huge inventory of cars in the south, west and mid west before announcing all the improvements for the 09 year; nah they wouldn’t do that; would they ?

Expect the official LCI information on July 18th.
Big Windy is offline   United_States