BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #45
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
consolidated's Avatar
33
Rep
1,731
Posts

 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
Uh, who is Michael and why should we believe him???
Editor at Bimmerfile.com, perhaps less reliable than a press release from BMWNA but certainly more credible than any miscellaneous post here.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 03:02 PM   #46
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
154
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
I wonder is this only cars built after September or cars due for collection on September (i.e. delivered to dealer in mid August).

I suppose I will find out soon enough, it better be the new version or I will be
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 03:15 PM   #47
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
607
Rep
6,748
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I wonder is this only cars built after September or cars due for collection on September (i.e. delivered to dealer in mid August).

I suppose I will find out soon enough, it better be the new version or I will be
It has to be a MY '09 build. The factory is closed for some weeks in August every year and only when the production starts again in September new model year's cars are built. This means you should try to get a September allocation.


Best regards, south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 03:25 PM   #48
e90330msport
Private
2
Rep
73
Posts

 
Drives: AW E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Kent, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I wonder is this only cars built after September or cars due for collection on September (i.e. delivered to dealer in mid August).

I suppose I will find out soon enough, it better be the new version or I will be
So I am told it is cars built from Sep, that would likely be delivery October on.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 03:51 PM   #49
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
154
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90330msport View Post
So I am told it is cars built from Sep, that would likely be delivery October on.
F--K IT
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 09:12 PM   #50
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
consolidated's Avatar
33
Rep
1,731
Posts

 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
F--K IT
sorry footie, hopefully it won't mean much as you redline it at mile 1201 and the rest of us are still waiting. is postponing the order out of the question? is it already under production?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 08:23 AM   #51
nitramsen
Private First Class
No_Country
2
Rep
130
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 DCT 19" fully loaded
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Home Land

iTrader: (0)

I just read on bimmerfile(http://bimmerfile.com/files/the_new_...ries_gb_fv.pdf) that the display on the new I-drive is still the same 8.8".

The new 7 has a 10.2 1280*420 display according to info available
The 3’s display should then be 8.8” and with 1280*420 that would mean a pixel size of 0.15mm*0.22mm which would be a very high density for a display.

Now if the pixel dimension is not the same the screen layout must be different to(Unless they are running XP Embedded with WPF, Silverlight on CE or another scalable 3D system).And they talk more about the high detailed graphics then new resolution on the display.

Further in the document it almost like the HHD is only used for data and not the Operation system which means that it could be connected to the MOST bus.

Is the 3's new Idrive CIC even the same as in the 7?

Only time will tell but I think that we are in for another surprise….
__________________
The idiot always knows he is right while the intelligent is afraid that he could be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 06:57 PM   #52
Zed
Replicant
Zed's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
199
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 M3 E90 DCT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitramsen View Post
[...](Unless they are running XP Embedded with WPF, Silverlight on CE or another scalable 3D system).[...]
Ok, if they moved the iDrive OS to something based upon the windows platform we are in serious trouble.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 07:48 PM   #53
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
Zirenz2006's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
3,260
Posts

 
Drives: 12' F30 328i Sport Line
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: US - RI

iTrader: (0)

So the Sedan and Wagon are getting the new iDrive in 09. Any solid confirmation the E92, E93 or M3 variants will be getting it also in 09?
__________________
Current: F30 328i Sport Line Sapphire Black|Black-red

Retired: '09 E90 335i M-Sport AW|Oyster, '07 E92 335i Graphite|Saddle, '05 E60 545i TiAg|Black, '01 E46 325i Jet Black|Black
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 08:20 PM   #54
cncmastr
Captain
cncmastr's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
666
Posts

 
Drives: E30 318is, E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toms River, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2005 BMW 330Ci  [0.00]
2007 M Coupe  [0.00]
2004 BMW 330Ci  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to cncmastr
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitramsen View Post
I just read on bimmerfile(http://bimmerfile.com/files/the_new_...ries_gb_fv.pdf) that the display on the new I-drive is still the same 8.8".

The new 7 has a 10.2 1280*420 display according to info available
The 3’s display should then be 8.8” and with 1280*420 that would mean a pixel size of 0.15mm*0.22mm which would be a very high density for a display.

Now if the pixel dimension is not the same the screen layout must be different to(Unless they are running XP Embedded with WPF, Silverlight on CE or another scalable 3D system).And they talk more about the high detailed graphics then new resolution on the display.

Further in the document it almost like the HHD is only used for data and not the Operation system which means that it could be connected to the MOST bus.

Is the 3's new Idrive CIC even the same as in the 7?

Only time will tell but I think that we are in for another surprise….
Are they running XP embedded? Or a Linux variant?
__________________
2006 Interlagos Blue BMW ///M3 | ZCP | Xenon | Nav | Premium | M Texture Alcantara
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 11:48 AM   #55
Sedan_Clan
Banned
Brazil
130
Rep
10,918
Posts

 
Drives: '14 335i(prev.IB,AW M3's & X5)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
So the Sedan and Wagon are getting the new iDrive in 09. Any solid confirmation the E92, E93 or M3 variants will be getting it also in 09?
Yes!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 12:19 PM   #56
Big Windy
Major General
Big Windy's Avatar
United_States
71
Rep
5,118
Posts

 
Drives: audi s4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: seatac, wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
So the Sedan and Wagon are getting the new iDrive in 09. Any solid confirmation the E92, E93 or M3 variants will be getting it also in 09?
depends on what you consider "solid confirmation." we don't have anything in writing that says it, but it is more than reasonable to assume it given what we know about the new 3.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 03:12 PM   #57
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
Zirenz2006's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
3,260
Posts

 
Drives: 12' F30 328i Sport Line
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: US - RI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
depends on what you consider "solid confirmation." we don't have anything in writing that says it, but it is more than reasonable to assume it given what we know about the new 3.
It seems reasonable but until I see it in writing I won't be 100% sure. I hope you are right. I want that in my next car.
__________________
Current: F30 328i Sport Line Sapphire Black|Black-red

Retired: '09 E90 335i M-Sport AW|Oyster, '07 E92 335i Graphite|Saddle, '05 E60 545i TiAg|Black, '01 E46 325i Jet Black|Black
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 03:20 PM   #58
Big Windy
Major General
Big Windy's Avatar
United_States
71
Rep
5,118
Posts

 
Drives: audi s4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: seatac, wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
It seems reasonable but until I see it in writing I won't be 100% sure. I hope you are right. I want that in my next car.
yeah, i think we all want it in writing...i'm just another guy, not BMWNA, so don't trust me.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 03:46 PM   #59
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
607
Rep
6,748
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
yeah, i think we all want it in writing...i'm just another guy, not BMWNA, so don't trust me.
What about the official press picture showing an E92 335i with both new DCT and iDrive 2.0?


Best regards, south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 04:11 PM   #60
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
Zirenz2006's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
3,260
Posts

 
Drives: 12' F30 328i Sport Line
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: US - RI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
What about the official press picture showing an E92 335i with both new DCT and iDrive 2.0?


Best regards, south
I missed that....do you have a link?
__________________
Current: F30 328i Sport Line Sapphire Black|Black-red

Retired: '09 E90 335i M-Sport AW|Oyster, '07 E92 335i Graphite|Saddle, '05 E60 545i TiAg|Black, '01 E46 325i Jet Black|Black
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #61
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
607
Rep
6,748
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
I missed that....do you have a link?
Here ya go:



Best regards, south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 04:15 PM   #62
MojorisinM3
Major
MojorisinM3's Avatar
48
Rep
1,060
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (0)

So basically nothing is confirmed for the E90 M3 in 2009 yet.

Sucks, I'm still deciding go buy an 08 for a great deal or wait to order an 09.
__________________
2011 E92 M3 Comp / MPE / DCT
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 04:15 PM   #63
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
Zirenz2006's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
3,260
Posts

 
Drives: 12' F30 328i Sport Line
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: US - RI

iTrader: (0)

Thanks South
__________________
Current: F30 328i Sport Line Sapphire Black|Black-red

Retired: '09 E90 335i M-Sport AW|Oyster, '07 E92 335i Graphite|Saddle, '05 E60 545i TiAg|Black, '01 E46 325i Jet Black|Black
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST