BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
Vorsteiner
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-03-2008, 01:41 AM   #1
e90im
Brigadier General
e90im's Avatar
United_States
169
Rep
3,308
Posts

Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

Rush Limbaugh $400 millon contract...

Limbaugh has extended his contract through 2016 $38 million per year with a "nine-figure signing bonus." The total package is valued at "north of $400 million."

neocon-made monster...
Attached Images
 
__________________
f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2008, 09:02 AM   #2
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
197
Rep
4,757
Posts

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
That's a crazy lot of money.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2008, 10:17 AM   #3
Couch
Colonel
Couch's Avatar
42
Rep
2,903
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Couch
I guess they feel it's worth it. If they're paying him that much, they obviously figure they'll make at least double that.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2008, 02:24 PM   #4
Neurorad
Major
Neurorad's Avatar
20
Rep
1,213
Posts

Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location, Location

iTrader: (0)

People love to hear biased opinions, supporting their own. That's one of the reasons why Colbert, Stewart, O'Reilly, and Limbaugh are so popular.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #5
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
197
Rep
4,757
Posts

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
People love to hear biased opinions, supporting their own. That's one of the reasons why Colbert, Stewart, O'Reilly, and Limbaugh are so popular.
I like to hear biased opinions whether I agree with them, or disagree. That's why I can listen to Rush Limbaugh, Ed Schultz, Michael Savage, et al. I have tried to listen to those who are doing a pretty good job of not being biased (CSPAN) but it is just so boring, that I can't listen long and certainly not often. Those who are most irritating go about putting on a non-biased face, but the bias is everpresent in what they report. They might be entertaining to watch or listen to if they would just "come out of the closet" and speak their mind without any pretense of objectivity.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2008, 12:30 AM   #6
Neurorad
Major
Neurorad's Avatar
20
Rep
1,213
Posts

Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location, Location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I like to hear biased opinions whether I agree with them, or disagree. That's why I can listen to Rush Limbaugh, Ed Schultz, Michael Savage, et al. I have tried to listen to those who are doing a pretty good job of not being biased (CSPAN) but it is just so boring, that I can't listen long and certainly not often. Those who are most irritating go about putting on a non-biased face, but the bias is everpresent in what they report. They might be entertaining to watch or listen to if they would just "come out of the closet" and speak their mind without any pretense of objectivity.
Do you like Colbert, for a biased view?


Try him for a few episodes. His idol is 'Papa Bear', Bill O'Reilly.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2008, 02:32 AM   #7
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
197
Rep
4,757
Posts

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
Do you like Colbert, for a biased view?


Try him for a few episodes. His idol is 'Papa Bear', Bill O'Reilly.
Maybe I would know who Colbert is if I saw him. But I can't place the name. I don't like O'Reilly. He is very annoying.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 01:09 PM   #8
Neurorad
Major
Neurorad's Avatar
20
Rep
1,213
Posts

Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location, Location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Maybe I would know who Colbert is if I saw him. But I can't place the name. I don't like O'Reilly. He is very annoying.
It's on Comedy Central, in the evening. Just after John Stewart.

He pretends to be a conservative talk show host, skewering the right.

Here he is as a guest on the O'Reilly Factor:

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QquTUR9nbC4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QquTUR9nbC4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #9
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
197
Rep
4,757
Posts

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
It's on Comedy Central, in the evening. Just after John Stewart.

He pretends to be a conservative talk show host, skewering the right.

Here he is as a guest on the O'Reilly Factor:

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QquTUR9nbC4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QquTUR9nbC4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
I never heard/saw Stephen Colbert before. That was funny. Two obnoxious twins. Does Colbert always "emulate" O'Reilly? Or does he do others?
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 07:58 PM   #10
Robertbog
Lieutenant
Robertbog's Avatar
25
Rep
526
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I never heard/saw Stephen Colbert before. That was funny. Two obnoxious twins. Does Colbert always "emulate" O'Reilly? Or does he do others?
He's a catholic, you would love his show.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 10:21 PM   #11
ideliver
Major
ideliver's Avatar
58
Rep
1,232
Posts

Drives: 08 E60 M5 & 08 Infiniti QX56
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: At the gas station

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen...ciation_Dinner
__________________
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #12
Neurorad
Major
Neurorad's Avatar
20
Rep
1,213
Posts

Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location, Location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
The 2006 White House Correspondents' Association Dinner:

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BSE_saVX_2A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BSE_saVX_2A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2008, 01:39 PM   #13
flyinb501
Lieutenant
15
Rep
554
Posts

Drives: G35 Coupe, Dodge Ram
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN

iTrader: (0)

I say good for him. I always admire ppl who are so successful.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:43 AM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST